Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of the new Paranormal Stuff pack?

Comments

• SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I liked pretty much everything I saw, so it'd be hard not to be excited for this.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2021
    I might buy it if it goes on sale in 7 weeks at half price.

I just realized I really won't save much on a stuff pack. So i might buy it.
    Post edited by lori171957 on
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I am for once not disappointed and that is a refreshing and very appreciated feeling
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2021
    It looks pretty good
    I really want new traits, new emotions, and a new death! Think it would only be fitting to get a new death type in a haunted pack! I am overall very excited about this, with only some reservations. I wish it were a *bigger* pack, but I'm just being greedy. I never felt like the Spooky Stuff pack was worth it, so this should satisfy that craving in me for more 'spooky' stuff in my game.

editing to say the new ghosties remind me of the ones from Mario! and I love it.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Hopefully it'll be possible for the Globs to scare us to death!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I voted looks ok.

What do I think you ask?

I like this pack cause it allows us to have actual haunted houses now with lights flickering,doors slamming etc and I love the haunted house lot type.This pack will also go good with Spooky Stuff. Regarding Bonehilda she's a bonus. I do like some of the new cas and clothing assets especially the hairstyles.
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I'm personally very excited !
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2021
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    Only because I swore to myself to never buy anything on full price again. But I will get it as soon as it comes to sale. No idea where it would fit in my gameplay, but we'll see.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Definitely not buying
    This pack is definitely not one I would enjoy. But I am thrilled for the occult players that love the type of gameplay this pack will have. I just think it is a shame it will be a SP rather than a GP because that alone will limit how much new content the occult players will actually get, and because the occult players have been waiting for this pack for a long time, I think the theme could have been done better in a GP. But we are all becoming accustomed to getting less for our money, as well as being a wee bit disappointed some content was left behind during development. Let's hope this newest pack is better than some of us think it will be, and the occult players are happy with it. Everyone deserves some happiness these days. <3
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    Need interesting clothes for my Occult Sims. And fitting furniture (old tables with cobwebs) for my old, haunted house where my collection of oddball Sims can hide themselves. Been checking the trailer a few times and noone of the furniture (I assume they showed new furniture only) really fits in the haunted house I intend to build in Sulani. My interest have some way to go.

Gonna keep watching to see what they'll bring to the table. I'm willing to be surprised.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can’t wait!
    lexibee wrote: »

Now we just gotta hope that the non occult players who buy this pack for the items don't get upset about "intrusive gameplay" and beg the devs to nerf it. I'll never forgive what they did to vampires and aliens...

Sorry, but I should confess: I am an occult player who appreciates all the supernatural things in The Sims... but I also support nerfing vampire assaults and alien abductions. Intrusive gameplay is the problem, not the players.

If all the "haunted" gameplay will be limited by the new lot type, there won't be any problem. That's simple.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can’t wait!
    I am REALLY EXCITED for this pack! I'm actually kind of glad that Happy Haunts came second in the stuff pack vote now, because we're getting the séance tables, the paranormal investigator freelance career, AND the haunted house lot trait! That's THREE of our voting options in this pack, while crafts was dwindled down to just knitting. And to top it all off we're getting the return of Bonehilda as well!

Paranormal is honestly the best stuff pack we've ever gotten and I'm so happy about that! I also really love the New Orleans Voodoo-inspired approach this pack has instead of them making a Ghostbusters rip off. It's unique from what they've done in past games, and is giving some POC culture representation as well. (obviously a very fantastical version of this culture, but that's how all Pagan things are handled in the Sims)
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Okay / Not really bothered
    I was expecting some grungy stuff to be honest, like broken/boarded up windows, broken/dusty/worn out furniture since it's a haunted house pack, but all the new objects look so clean and well kept, unlike stuff you would normally find in a haunted house.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Hell aye its about time supernatural players get something we only have 2 packs, realism players have 30 odd 😂
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I am so so so excited for this, and that is tempered only by the fact that I expect the fear emotion and the key features of the pack to be tuned nearly out of existence in February’s patch after complaints start rolling in that it’s “intrusive” and “unrealistic”.
    edited January 2021
    I can’t wait!
    Aine wrote: »
    This pack is pretty useless without a fear emotion IMO.

From the blog:

Get Scared

Sims can now relish in the mortal dread of the Scared Mood!

The Scared Mood affects Sims in a variety of ways, with my personal favorite, the new Scream Incoherently interaction, where a Scared Sim runs up to another Sim to scream their lungs out. This can result in the other Sim calming down the Scared Sim, or resulting in both Sims becoming Scared. This can create a Scared Mood wildfire if you’re not careful!

Whoa, whoa, whoa, it's okay!

Sims afflicted with the Scared Mood also have trouble communicating with others, the urge to panic-run everywhere, and are slightly more prone to accidents. If no other Sims are around to help calm down a Scared Sim, they might just have to Hide Under The Covers for a while.

But if being Scared just isn’t your Sims style, consider purchasing the new Brave Trait. This Satisfaction Reward Store Trait will rapidly reduce the incoming fear a Sim feels and help Sims regain their composure faster. While no Sim is totally fearless, this trait should help mitigate some of those creepy feelings.

The Scared Mood and the Brave Reward Trait are all base game features coming with the Paranormal Stuff patch on January 21st. Tons of previous Uncomfortable Buffs are now becoming Scared Buffs, such as the “Startled By Ghost” Buff or the “Thalassophobia'' Buff from Island Living.

While being Scared might not be a common occurrence in your everyday Sims life, living in a Haunted House is a whole different story…

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I can’t wait!

From the blog:

Get Scared

The Scared Mood affects Sims in a variety of ways, with my personal favorite, the new Scream Incoherently interaction, where a Scared Sim runs up to another Sim to scream their lungs out. This can result in the other Sim calming down the Scared Sim, or resulting in both Sims becoming Scared. This can create a Scared Mood wildfire if you’re not careful!

Sims afflicted with the Scared Mood also have trouble communicating with others, the urge to panic-run everywhere, and are slightly more prone to accidents. If no other Sims are around to help calm down a Scared Sim, they might just have to Hide Under The Covers for a while.

But if being Scared just isn’t your Sims style, consider purchasing the new Brave Trait. This Satisfaction Reward Store Trait will rapidly reduce the incoming fear a Sim feels and help Sims regain their composure faster. While no Sim is totally fearless, this trait should help mitigate some of those creepy feelings.

The Scared Mood and the Brave Reward Trait are all base game features coming with the Paranormal Stuff patch on January 21st. Tons of previous Uncomfortable Buffs are now becoming Scared Buffs, such as the “Startled By Ghost” Buff or the “Thalassophobia'' Buff from Island Living.

While being Scared might not be a common occurrence in your everyday Sims life, living in a Haunted House is a whole different story…

🐸🐸🐸🐸 we get laughing to death and being angry to death but not the emotional death that actually IRL exists the most commonly? C'mon sims team.
    I can’t wait!
    CelSims wrote: »

From the blog:

Get Scared

❤️❤️❤️❤️ we get laughing to death and being angry to death but not the emotional death that actually IRL exists the most commonly? C'mon sims team.

I have to admit mild disappointment at this too.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Maybe they're still working out just what it'll take to scare you to death to get it balanced now it's new.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    I got to say, for a stuff pack this looks great! Lots of fun looking new objects, new gameplay, new career and a new lot trait. Cas looks nice too. Supernatural is not my preferred play style but I will definitely get this one on sale- it looks more fun than spooky stuff which I don't use much.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I can’t wait!
    First stuff pack ive ever been excited for. I build a lot of haunted houses/mansions so this will make them extra haunted and actually effect sims. I wanna live out a horror movie storyline (without the gore) lol.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I am so so so excited for this, and that is tempered only by the fact that I expect the fear emotion and the key features of the pack to be tuned nearly out of existence in February’s patch after complaints start rolling in that it’s “intrusive” and “unrealistic”.

IDK where they're getting that idea from, the sims has never been realistic in the first place, ghosts however are realistic since they exist IRL, there are literal sighting and photographs.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I can’t wait!

IDK where they're getting that idea from, the sims has never been realistic in the first place, ghosts however are realistic since they exist IRL, there are literal sighting and photographs.

I believe in ghosts too, I've had soo many weird things happen to me to be a believer, things I cant explain, but mostly sims arent realistic
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I believe in ghosts too, I've had soo many weird things happen to me to be a believer, things I cant explain, but mostly sims arent realistic

I know what you mean you're never a believer until have you first encounter with the undead, I met a ghost once in 2007 he had no face, but he was Jacked AF, might as have been related to slender-man.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    It looks pretty good

I think they're worried that the pack might get the vampires "treatment", because we all know that the sims should be realistic at all times...
    I also believe in ghosts, I've had too many first-hand experiences to not be a believer, I even caught a picture of one in a window a few years back.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults