Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Pack Dev Blog Part 1

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    will the fear emotion be tone down i prefer as a player to see sims get simply tense and will the pack also include toggles to turn off ghost?

Here we go.....

Yep *sigh*
    Akil wrote: »
    Love the info ♡ And god please don't let people ruin the fear emotion. I've had to mod my game to death to put any spontaneity into it.

This!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited January 2021
    @SimGuruConor I love when you do Packs! It's always so fun.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What?! What about smustle dance? You know it’s y’all last chance to add smustle dance back to The Sims 4
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Birksche wrote: »
    > @12JEREMIA said:
    > What?! What about smustle dance? You know it’s y’all last chance to add smustle dance back to The Sims 4

and why? there are many chances more. sims 4 is not near the end
    What you mean?

@12JEREMIA Sims 4 isn't ending any time soon before 2022/2023.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm so excited with this pack! I want to live in a haunted house now!!! 🤣🤣🤣
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    This was a great read, can't wait for part two, thanks @SimGuruConor .
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    @SimGuruConor This pack and update sounds like an all bases loaded home run! I'm really happy how much you embraced making the haunted house and fears everything they should be! Everything you've done here really adds so much to the game. The music artist interview makes me super happy as well. Can't wait to put on the headphones and explore the new haunted house!

Exactly this @SimGuruConor thank you so much! And to the whole team! I know it's teamwork.
    For those of us who wanted a fear emotion for so long and more spooky things you totally delivered!! I was afraid it wouldn't be spooky enough but I think you found a good balance! So excited to use that haunted house!
    The candles are a great addition!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    The new scared emotion sounds fun! Let's just hope it stays that way and won't be nerfed because people complain it messes with their stories, ugh.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    sweetlilja wrote: »
    Thanks for blogging about this @SimGuruConor !

I would really have liked if there was a "easily scared" trait too. That could be scared for things normal Sims won't be scared of. It this isn't in the patch now, could you please consider adding it as a next step, please ❤🙏

And I wonder if there will be different levels of being scared. Like Sims could be in the beginning, before getting really scared, could feel "worried" as a first level, and maybe not scream and stuff, but might look arround and that. And maybe then be scared, and in the end be terrified. Is there something similar in this new mood?

And, can Sims die from this new mood like with some other?

Oh and also, it could be perfect to add some phobias to optionally add to the Sims personality in CAS. For things already in game. And if they have a phobia for something then they could feel terrified directly when in this situation or close to this object. You know how much simmers want more personality. Adding this could be a step in that direction, and possible now with this new mood in basegame.

I doubt all of this is in the patch but these are great ideas for the future!! So many possibilities. I hope they consider these things. I'm sure at some point they may even add scared to death. Maybe they didn't have time? Seems a bit weird to die from laughter and not fright lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

And related question: Is "Scream Incoherently" user directed? If not, please consider enabling it to be user directed (for scared sims only, of course), so that we micromanagers do not miss out on the fun!

Please don't consider this. Autonomy options exist for those who don't want their sims to do anything. With autonomy off you would be able to direct them still. Making this user directed only would simply turn the option off for those who WANT IT.

I agree. As it is, there is hardly anything surprising that happens in the game.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    This sounds great, and more in-depth than I expected from a Stuff Pack. I think there's going to be a lot of Haunted Houses in my occult save (looking at you, Forgotten Hollow residents)... :)

I echo everyone else in this thread who has said please don't nerf any of the pack features. Supernatural packs bring supernatural gameplay, and players know that when they buy them. That gameplay shouldn't be toned down because realistic players buy the packs then complain about non-realistic features. The Sims has always featured supernatural gameplay, and many of us love it and want more!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    You can be Flirty and Very Flirty so I expect you can be Scared and Very Scared. Hopefully they'll program some things that can scare you to death soon - but I dare say people would spend a lot of time scaring NPCs to death. But that's why this is a single player game.

Fear would be super-useful in making Strangerville more interesting.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I really hope we can have babies with Guidry (´,,•ω•,,)♡
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Forget Guidry. I want skelebabies with Bonehilda.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Why not both 💔
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Why not both 💔
    Oh dang, good point. Amd I have a mod that allows stuff like that, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Why not have Guidry have ghost skelebabies with Bonehilda? :kiss:
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Gordy Actually Casters get "Faster learning" for Medium to being experts in magic

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Finally! My Olive and Ophelia Spector can live in a real haunted house! Hasn't been good since Sims 2 that way...and man, did I have to save Ophelia a LOT from that fright death - Olive's dead spouses had it out for her, not Olive lol.
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    then is Next blog coming
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Oh, and "Scream incoherently", hahahahaha!!! :joy::joy::joy:

Lol best. thing. ever! <3:D
    #Team Occult
  • EberNean_45EberNean_45 Posts: 1 New Member
    About the "brave" trait being added, was the coward trait ever considered in the development of this pack? As just maybe a suggestion would it be possible to have a sim in The Sims 4 that is overly fearful and cautious much like a coward? I think it would have been very cool to make a sim who is brave and its cancel out would be the coward trait so when selecting traits obviously you would not be able to add it because your sim is brave, anyway my reasoning for maybe suggesting a coward trait is because I think it would be cool to have sims who without being near haunted lots or ghost may still have some paranoia going on like failing grades can set fear in teens just some small little things that would otherwise not bother sims without that trait I just thought it would be another cool way to play so that the fear emotion is still a major thing when not using other parts of the paranormal pack.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    About the "brave" trait being added, was the coward trait ever considered in the development of this pack? As just maybe a suggestion would it be possible to have a sim in The Sims 4 that is overly fearful and cautious much like a coward? I think it would have been very cool to make a sim who is brave and its cancel out would be the coward trait so when selecting traits obviously you would not be able to add it because your sim is brave, anyway my reasoning for maybe suggesting a coward trait is because I think it would be cool to have sims who without being near haunted lots or ghost may still have some paranoia going on like failing grades can set fear in teens just some small little things that would otherwise not bother sims without that trait I just thought it would be another cool way to play so that the fear emotion is still a major thing when not using other parts of the paranormal pack.

That be too debilitating
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players