Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Pack Dev Blog Part 1

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oh, and pets reacting to the hauntings is such a beautiful idea. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Amuni50 wrote: »
    It looks like so much fun! I imagine being too scared is another way to die 😂 Thank you for all the details and sneak peeks!

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    will the fear emotion be tone down i prefer as a player to see sims get simply tense and will the pack also include toggles to turn off ghost?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    will the fear emotion be tone down i prefer as a player to see sims get simply tense and will the pack also include toggles to turn off ghost?

SumGuru Conor said that there's a Reward Trait of Brave that you can give your Sims to tone it down. So you're already covered. :)
    #Team Occult
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    It looks like so much fun! I imagine being too scared is another way to die 😂 Thank you for all the details and sneak peeks!

Disappointing. I hope you have considered that the Vampiric ability, influence emotions, needs to have 'scare' added to it. And that like with embarrassment, anger and laughter it needs to possibly be DEADLY. It makes absolutely no sense for those others to be life threatening and not fear.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So no cross-pack support for spellcasters, except incidental stuff like them being able to use Dedeathify and Necrocall?

Other than that, pretty sweet article. I like learning about this stuff. Hope we get more behind-the-scenes into and hints towards dragons.

I saw that, but we still don't know what it means. I'd like clarification as to whether they actually added something for them, or if their advantage is incidental.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    SimGuruConor if sims get too scared will they move qut form the house and i cant wait for part 2 of this blog
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Thank you so much for posting this @SimGuruConor, this pack and the accompanying patch sound fantastic and seem rich in content and having a new emotional state in the game is such a massive deal. Whilst the theme of this pack may not speak to everyone, I can just feel the passion and the enthusiasm you and the team that created this pack have about The Sims, it sounds like you've worked so hard on this, I can't wait to play it.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    So no cross-pack support for spellcasters, except incidental stuff like them being able to use Dedeathify and Necrocall?

Other than that, pretty sweet article. I like learning about this stuff. Hope we get more behind-the-scenes into and hints towards dragons.

I saw that, but we still don't know what it means. I'd like clarification as to whether they actually added something for them, or if their advantage is incidental.

True, perhaps more will be revealed in the live stream. I am also trolling Twitter for info nuggets.

Here we go.....
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Love it. Can't wait!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @SimGuruConor Thank you so much for this blog post. I'm getting more and more excited for this pack day by day. I do have a few questions though.

- Will we be able to move Guidry into our household? Or be able to romance him?
    - Will there be any update to Ghosts? Or will we at least be able to create them in CAS?
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Love the info ♡ And god please don't let people ruin the fear emotion. I've had to mod my game to death to put any spontaneity into it.
  • sweetliljasweetlilja Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2021
    Thanks for blogging about this @SimGuruConor !

I would really have liked if there was a "easily scared" trait too. That could be scared for things normal Sims won't be scared of. It this isn't in the patch now, could you please consider adding it as a next step, please ❤🙏

And I wonder if there will be different levels of being scared. Like Sims could be in the beginning, before getting really scared, could feel "worried" as a first level, and maybe not scream and stuff, but might look arround and that. And maybe then be scared, and in the end be terrified. Is there something similar in this new mood?

And, can Sims die from this new mood like with some other?

Oh and also, it could be perfect to add some phobias to optionally add to the Sims personality in CAS. For things already in game. And if they have a phobia for something then they could feel terrified directly when in this situation or close to this object. You know how much simmers want more personality. Adding this could be a step in that direction, and possible now with this new mood in basegame.

Post edited by sweetlilja on
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Everything described here...

The Scared Mood affects Sims in a variety of ways, with my personal favorite, the new Scream Incoherently interaction, where a Scared Sim runs up to another Sim to scream their lungs out. This can result in the other Sim calming down the Scared Sim, or resulting in both Sims becoming Scared. This can create a Scared Mood wildfire if you’re not careful!

Sims afflicted with the Scared Mood also have trouble communicating with others, the urge to panic-run everywhere, and are slightly more prone to accidents. If no other Sims are around to help calm down a Scared Sim, they might just have to Hide Under The Covers for a while.

...applys only with autonomy on, correct? If I have autonomy off and let my scared sim stand around, he will just stand there? Or will he be prone to screaming and running away, too?

And related question: Is "Scream Incoherently" user directed? If not, please consider enabling it to be user directed (for scared sims only, of course), so that we micromanagers do not miss out on the fun!
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    This all sounds awesome! Can't wait for the pack, and hopefully there will be some good scares awaiting my sims >:)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Currently wondering how my spooky woods in the Granite Falls will react to getting the Haunted House residential lot.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

OK, the question will be "Can y'all remember in your head that The Sims 2 has a death type called "Fright"?"

And related question: Is "Scream Incoherently" user directed? If not, please consider enabling it to be user directed (for scared sims only, of course), so that we micromanagers do not miss out on the fun!

Please don't consider this. Autonomy options exist for those who don't want their sims to do anything. With autonomy off you would be able to direct them still. Making this user directed only would simply turn the option off for those who WANT IT.
    I see her chatting to Grimmy... Will skilled Mediums be able to have special interactions with the Grim Reaper, and maybe plead for life?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Fillups44Fillups44 Posts: 8 New Member
    I love so much about this pack, but I’m so glad you highlighted the sound work. There is so much joy in the soundtrack of TS4. Little unexpected moments of walking on different surfaces, cool music cues, ambient sounds in different locations, the different levels of music ability and all those songs in Simish. The game has been crafted as an aural delight! Kudos!!!
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I'm so freaking excited for this pack!!! The scared interactions sound really cool and I'm happy dogs can growl at cursed items. It adds more depth to the immersion of being in a haunted house even in the day time. The only thing that saddens me is that we can't make a haunted rental lot. I would love for my sims to go on vacation to an old, nearly abandoned manor with lots of ghostly activity.

Oh yeah and thanks for making Guidry unnecessary for the seance table. I rather sims stumble through upsetting, I mean appeasing, the spirits alone.
    I just thought, will it be possible to become Friends with the Creepy Doll, just as you can become Friends with Patchy the Strawman and get him to garden for you, or make friends with the monster under the bed?