Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you seen this thought bubble?

3.png

I'm curious what it means.. :D

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited January 2021
    I always turn thought bubbles off so most of them are a mystery to me :D Having said that, perhaps more information on what was going on at the time might help. For example: What trait does the sim have? Did you instigate the conversation and know what kind of talk it was? Because I leave my sims mostly to autonomy and have thought bubbles turned off, I have to hover cursor over thumbnail to see what kind of interaction my sim is engaged in.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Angry People in a Sauna.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Mikezumi
    Yeah I actually tried to find but there’s only ‘listen’ imteraction on top left, and this guy is inactive. Have no clue what’s going on. I found one of his traits is ‘inappropriate’. LOL.. You will find the traits from sims wiki as he is Tariq Scott in Isla Paradiso. By the way, how do you turn the thought bubbles off? TAB key doesn’t work.

@Keiomestre well.. looks like I should be the leader in this group. :D
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Jeansoo

I don't think I have seen that one before but it looks like he wants to either form a boy band or a fight club the way the hands look like fists :)
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I think it's from Seasons and is from a social interaction called "Talk about Fog". Sims who loves the outdoors or if the weather element is present will sometimes talk about it.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    "There's a crowded gym with a bubble bar near my office; wanna go with me and lift some exercise weights?"
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I was going to say what @Deshong04 wrote. But maybe "the sauna is crowded" is a good guess, too. LOL
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2021
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @Mikezumi
    Yeah I actually tried to find but there’s only ‘listen’ imteraction on top left, and this guy is inactive. Have no clue what’s going on. I found one of his traits is ‘inappropriate’. LOL.. You will find the traits from sims wiki as he is Tariq Scott in Isla Paradiso. By the way, how do you turn the thought bubbles off? TAB key doesn’t work.

@Keiomestre well.. looks like I should be the leader in this group. :D

Turning thought bubbles off requires testingcheatsenabled on. As far as I know the cheat code hideheadlineeffects on is the only sure way to get rid of thought-bubbles and it gets rid of the skill meters as well.
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    Angry People in a Sauna.

@Keiomestre - LMAO. That one nearly made me glad I wasn't drinking at the time I read it. Cola out the nose hurts.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Turning thought bubbles off requires testingcheatsenabled on. As far as I know the cheat code hideheadlineeffects on is the only sure way to get rid of thought-bubbles and it gets rid of the skill meters as well.

You can save these cheats in the NRaas Overwatch mod so testingcheatsenabled and hideheadlineeffects will be on every time you start the game, so you don't have to type in the cheats again.

NRaas --> Overwatch --> Console Commands --> Add Command then type in the cheats like you would in the game.

And then NRaas --> Overwatch --> Console Commands --> Auto Commands to set so they will run when you start the game.

If you are playing other saves you will have to do it in them as well (if you want).

cUrfGkA.gif
    edited January 2021
    @SPARKY1922 I wish that too! :D By the way, your sim is beautiful. :)
    @Deshong04 Ahh..! Yes he has Love outdoor trait. You are right! But the thought bubble looks like, "Tariq is the boss of my sim." haha (Edited sorry)
    @igazor Unfortunately, he is not athletic.. :D
    @thuggishsplicer Yes I think @Deshong04 is correct. :) crowded sauna.. funny :D
    @Nikkei_Simmer wow! I knew that. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding. :)
    @Cororon Thanks for the great tip!

Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    It's possible they are discussing Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    At first glance it looked like when a sim with a Loner trait gets anxious about being around others too long, but the loner anxiety has tan coloured sim-figures in the picture. It also looks a little bit like the wish to meet someone or change relationship with the sim finder or relationship transmogrifier, which are abilities gained with the skill of Social Networking, available on the sim's phone. I don't know what the other Social Networking abilities are, but it is probably one of those.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    It's possible they are discussing Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'.
    Awesome! :D I really laughed a lot.

@DivinylsFan
    He doesn't have loner trait. As far as I remember, there is Phone icon with fog or cloud thing when my sim wanted to meet someone on online or change the relationship with someone. I have 2 sims completed the social networking skill and I haven't seen that thought bubble with them. :) I think @Deshong04 could be right. I asked other forum in my country and there was a simmer watched this many times while weather discussion. :) But thanks for adding your opinion.

edited January 2021
    wow! Finally I got the answer. The father and his son were chatting themselves and found this thought bubble again. :) Now I can see what it is as his son belongs to my active family. :)

7.png

8.png

Thank you so much, @Deshong04 :)

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Jeansoo When I want to see what an inactive sim is discussing I go into map view and hover my cursor over their tag.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    wow! Finally I got the answer. The father and his son were chatting themselves and found this thought bubble again. :) Now I can see what it is as his son belongs to my active family. :)

7.png

8.png

Thank you so much, @Deshong04 :)

Is that Rubisel Ithaca? he looks really different
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Jeansoo When I want to see what an inactive sim is discussing I go into map view and hover my cursor over their tag.

I do that too, but it doesn't work for high level celebrities or for the special merchants in the WA worlds.
    edited January 2021
    @Mikezumi, @IreneSwift
    OMG that's great to know. I've never tried that. Thanks for the great tip. :D

@izecson
    Yes he is the old brother of Guillermo Ichtaca. I gave him a plastic surgery in CAS on the first day of the game started. And then..I noticed Linda Scott gave birth to a son with Rubisel, and the baby was born with the same skintone of Rubisel after being changed in CAS. :D Currently Linda is a friend of Rubisel. I let him ask her,'ask to be friend' so that she can be a woman only for her husband, Tariq. But I don't trust her 'flirty' trait though. :D I took her baby to Rubisel's home because Linda's husband, Tariq likes more his teenage daughter than the new born baby as if he already knew the new born baby was not his blood line. When I took the baby, I confirmed the relationship with Linda's husband was totally stranger. Only Linda was looking after him. Now he is living with his dad, Rubisel, Theodore Medina and Palmira together in the boat house. Theodore looked after him while Rubisel was so busy with Law enforcement career. When Rubisel quit the work, Theodore and the son became the best friends. :D
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I always turn thought bubbles off so most of them are a mystery to me :D Having said that, perhaps more information on what was going on at the time might help. For example: What trait does the sim have? Did you instigate the conversation and know what kind of talk it was? Because I leave my sims mostly to autonomy and have thought bubbles turned off, I have to hover cursor over thumbnail to see what kind of interaction my sim is engaged in.

We can turn them off, how?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    @Mikezumi, @IreneSwift
    OMG that's great to know. I've never tried that. Thanks for the great tip. :D

@izecson
    Yes he is the old brother of Guillermo Ichtaca. I gave him a plastic surgery in CAS on the first day of the game started. And then..I noticed Linda Scott gave birth to a son with Rubisel, and the baby was born with the same skintone of Rubisel after being changed in CAS. :D Currently Linda is a friend of Rubisel. I let him ask her,'ask to be friend' so that she can be a woman only for her husband, Tariq. But I don't trust her 'flirty' trait though. :D I took her baby to Rubisel's home because Linda's husband, Tariq likes more his teenage daughter than the new born baby as if he already knew the new born baby was not his blood line. When I took the baby, I confirmed the relationship with Linda's husband was totally stranger. Only Linda was looking after him. Now he is living with his dad, Rubisel, Theodore Medina and Palmira together in the boat house. Theodore looked after him while Rubisel was so busy with Law enforcement career. When Rubisel quit the work, Theodore and the son became the best friends. :D

That's quite a drama
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Turn them off how Nikkei_Simmer said. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

Turn them off how Nikkei_Simmer said. :)

Thank you so much.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Sharonia - I always play with thought bubbles off mainly because in my stories, I tend to write my own version of what they're saying...and well...incongruous thought-bubbles just don't work out well for my story-line.

So I always end up typing out in every single game of mine.

CTRL-Shift-C
    testingcheatsenabled on
    CTRL-Shift-C
    buydebug
    CTRL-Shift-C
    hideheadlineeffects on
    CTRL-Shift-C
    unlockoutfits on
    CTRL-Shift-C
    fadeobjects off
    CTRL-Shift-C
    moviemakercheatsenabled on

I've done it so many times that I've gotten really fast at doing it and it doesn't detract from my game-time.

moveobjects on is the only one that I leave off unless I have a specific save that I'm using to move sims around the environment (and I only use that save in order to move sims around), otherwise it can majorly mess with your save. So if you have to move sims around using MOO then make sure you have a save that you're willing to discard and use it only for that particular move... that way you don't get corruption in your "game save". I usually name that particular save (insert "save name_moveobjectsonly")
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • sims 3 chat bubbles never fail to amuse me