Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims gaining weight.

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
Is there a way to stop townie sims gaining weight so much and fast? My family hosted a birthday party and by the time it ended townie sims that were slim at the start of it had gained a lot of weight by the end of the party and it just seem an odd turn of events.

Edit: Is it because I placed a buffet table?

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Is there a way to stop townie sims gaining weight so much and fast? My family hosted a birthday party and by the time it ended townie sims that were slim at the start of it had gained a lot of weight by the end of the party and it just seem an odd turn of events.

Were they keep munching perpetually during the party? in sims 3 the only way sims gain weight is if they keep eating when they still have stuffed moodlet otherwise they will stay the same.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    izecson wrote: »

Were they keep munching perpetually during the party? in sims 3 the only way sims gain weight is if they keep eating when they still have stuffed moodlet otherwise they will stay the same.

Yeah they eat a lot. Should I ban food at parties from now on? I feel so bad for making half of Sunset Valley over weight. :D
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @Sharonia No. Just have a party and make some food. Usually, guests will bring a group serving of something as well.
  • Options

Yeah they eat a lot. Should I ban food at parties from now on? I feel so bad for making half of Sunset Valley over weight. :D

They usually bring their own food and eat only once in my Sims party, but I do place entertainment object such as game consoles, stereo, table pong, Foosball table and juice keg so they get occupied with them instead of focusing solely on a food.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    They usually bring their own food and eat only once in my Sims party, but I do place entertainment object such as game consoles, stereo, table pong, Foosball table and juice keg so they get occupied with them instead of focusing solely on a food.

LOL just like in a regular party. If there's nothing to do, eating is the most pleasant option.

• Options

LOL just like in a regular party. If there's nothing to do, eating is the most pleasant option.

I think it was the buffet table was to much to resist. I held another party with no table and eating was no longer their favourite activity. :D
  • Options

I think it was the buffet table was to much to resist. I held another party with no table and eating was no longer their favourite activity. :D

Yes they aren't that different from regular human lol
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited January 2021
    It's weird, In my game most sims keep the same weight overtime no matter what (even when I try to stuff them with food).
    But the sims that are overweight from the begining keep gaining weight. The way that I found to make them loose weight is by sports activities (gym, jogging, swimmimg...) Like in real life... :smile: Lucky for them they can get results really fast so that's very satisfying :smile:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    What's surprising in my game is when I put down a buffet table I have yet to.see any Sims gorge themselves. I'm not sure if gorging on food is trait related or not. All I know is my.sims tend to avoid the buffet table at a party even if they're hungry. My family is on low autonomy but that shouldn't affect townies and even the townies in my game do the same. They rarely turn into pigs at the buffet table.

Guess it's different for every individual gamer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    mtvsimsmtvsims Posts: 51 Member
    I'm WEAK that has never happened to me. I feel like it's so hard to make them gain weight when I do TS3
    Catch the latest episode of The Challenge by MTVSims here.

1ae67d358eb80994760c45b5c89f34c72d340369.png

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    There is only one sim in my current game (not played) that go up and down in weight. Narcissa Vatos. One moment she is thin, then my sims can encounter her in town some time later, and she has gained weight. Then all of a sudden she has lost weight again. :p
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    i almost wish that gaining weight happened more often in ts3 bc i always just see my sims slimming down never gaining any weight ugh