Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @Gordy They're both still work in progress. The cheaper one will go up as soon as I'm happy with it but fair warning, it's only usable items are a mattress, bathroom and kitchen. My sim will be moving in to redecorate and fix it up when she can afford to. The nicer one won't go up until the pack is out and I'm done decorating it ready for an established family to move in.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I think it is a very good idea to let a Simmer loose on building a house. They'll bring to light a lot of the problems that might need to be fixed in the building line.

I'm just wanting to get that wallpaper and the sofa for a start. I just hope there are a lot of swatches for them.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    SCARED EMOTION. FINALLY.

This sounds really good, I'm pretty excited for it! Bonehilda <3 The seances look great. I need to decide which of my Sims is going to try the new career, that'll be fun in my Occult save.

I don't want to get too hyped because it's only a Stuff Pack but it does look really promising.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    @Netzspannung He's super cute, I might have to steal his look sometime.

I get it. I'm a fool for guys with beards and medium-length hair. Which is now called the lockdown look, I believe.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member
    Is it 26th yet??? No?
    Meh... back to corner---->
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    If they want farming play rune factory or harvest moon
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,863 Member
    Let's keep it focused on the game and not the players. Thanks. 🙂

So aren't the ghosts adorable? I saw from trailer you can hoard em apperently for decoration
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

So aren't the ghosts adorable? I saw from trailer you can hoard em apperently for decoration

I like the little red ones with fangs, like little piranhas. So far I've seen the red angry ones, happy green blobs and there were also blue ones. Wonder what the different colours are for.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Oh, that's really nice, so the haunted lot will be like the landfill lot, but with extra spookiness instead of junk. I guess we can't say a lot is really haunted if there is just one or two ghosts hanging around doing the dishes. :lol:
    I can't wait thy are like animated snowballs their so cuddly
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2021
    I tried my own hand at making my own haunted house. This one's called Autumnvale.
    3tDMe0G.png
    Originally, this home was built by a wealthy family. They created their home in the forests of Glimmerbrook, hoping to find peace and serenity in nature.

P3tMsEi.png
    But years have past since then. Nature is slowly starting to reclaim it.

tllzXF9.png
    The first floor is pretty basic, with few pieces of furniture. 15 years ago, a man named Felix Psyded bought the property and began to renovate it. However, his plans were ended when he mysteriously disappeared, leaving the home abandoned once more.

cJpFIQ6.png
    The upstairs had two bedrooms, a washroom, a study, and a space to entertain guests. Unfortunately, looters have taken most things of value, There've been signs of squatters staying in the place, but no one has been seen coming in or out of the house.

jvxLgsT.png
    Only one person was ever found inside the house. Police found the patriarch of the original family in his ransacked office. Or rather, what was left of him. There seems to be a scrawled message, but the writing is indecipherable.

It's still a work in progress, but I'm having fun working on it. I still have the basement, which will have a laundry room, a ballroom and a library. It's also not in Glimmerbrook yet, but I need to make room in the neighborhood before the house can find its home.

EDIT: Some paranormal investigators decided to check the place out. Here are their findings.
    pbrPNHr.png

6bxXBPc.png
    One of the bedrooms was completely trashed. It was stripped of furniture, there were holes in the wall, and leftover plates and bottles were piled up in the corner.

Ue1aZLG.png
    What used to be a nursery was now overgrown with vines and other plantlife. What little furniture they had was in the process of being swallowed by ivy.

Ua5zIvn.png
    The bassinet is empty, save for a flower and a doll's head. The flower seemed pretty fresh, so it must have been placed there recently.

rnSAiQf.png

ZENoJoc.png
    The foyer was clearly missing some furniture, but some of it seemed strangely untouched.

fRDVf3J.png
    Looks like some people were having a séance. Who was trying to commune with the dead, and who were they trying to call? The rose on the table was freshly cut. The statue must have been placed there for a reason. The crystal ball may offer some clues, too.

M3tRgWG.png
    A portrait of the original owners hung above the modest fireplace. Candles and a dragon statue sat on the mantle.

LNWU208.png
    Upon closer inspection of the study, the investigators noted two strange books among the collection. Their words were as strange and unreadable as the patriarch's dying message.

cXycQfT.png
    A pile of letters sat on a counter, along with a kitchen knife. All hand-written notes, except for a bill. Looks like they owed some money to a Margaret Collins.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Ooh. I am loving these builds so far. :heart:

I'm not too good at building myself, but I am working on creating some new households with paranormal-y themed backstories in anticipation for this pack. :)

I'm not too good at building myself, but I am working on creating some new households with paranormal-y themed backstories in anticipation for this pack. :)

I think my houses suck doesn't stop me from taking 2 hours to decorate it
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

I think my houses suck doesn't stop me from taking 2 hours to decorate it

I don't mind decorating houses but it's still a lot more stressful for me than CAS or gameplay is. Lol.

I'll probably just download some nice ones from the gallery.

• amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    hoping for new traits?! very excited. I do wish this were a GP/EP but my wallet is pleased it's only a stuff pack!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    Spooky Stuff, Realm of Magic and Vampires are going to be especially popular packs right now for the using now... And all those relics from Selvadora too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    As someone who only delves into the occult parts of Sims occasionally I have to say I'm super excited about this (even though we already have ghosts maybe they'll get an update?!)

The style is 70s groovy (Scooby-Doo)
    That couch!
    The little ghosties are cute!
    Loving the seance table! A bold choice for sure!
    New lot type
    New career.
    For a stuff pack this seems very promising. I've dug that last few stuff packs and I think they can knock this out of the park 🐾😋🥰
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm really excited for this pack --

I feel like it'll go nicely with the other elements in my 'main' save (vampires, spellcasters, etc); + w/ the job being freelance it'll probably fit very well w/ some of my fledgling vampire sims (not having to leave during the day + an undead element? it almost lines up perfectly)

(oh and bonehilda !! finally a maid that won't mind tending to the home of 1 spellcaster and 3 vampires !)
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    This pack is more than what I was hoping for back when we had the Happy Haunts vote! I'm INSANELY EXCITED!! <3

Honestly, the only thing left I have a desire for would be the tarot/fortune telling poll option we had, but that could still be worked into a medieval or fairies pack. Heck, it could even fit into a middle eastern pack. Those cards traveled all along the spice trade routes~
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'd like to be able to make a lot both haunted and rentable so sims can have holidays in a haunted house!

Also, when participating in a seance, a dead sim can reveal where they hid their fortune.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2021
    Having read Part One of the dev blob, (thread stickied at the top), I can't wait for some blood curdling ear drum busting mass hysteria inducing screaming.
    And I can't wait to see Callmekevin and Greystillplays after the update lol.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It's about fecking time supernatural player got something 🤣

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top