Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Make Your Own Custom Vacation Worlds?

One of the things that I really like about World Adventures EP is the fact that you can create your own tombs! You just have to go into BuyDebug and set up the triggers and traps and stuff.

Is it possible to create your own vacation worlds with your own tombs? Is there a tutorial? Do you need Create-A-World tool?

If you add your own custom families and houses in your own custom worlds, then can you set up the adventures as well? This Sim wants this object in this secret location.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Maybe this isn't the solution you are looking for, but it could be part of it. With the NRaas Traveler mod in play, your sims can vacation in any world that you have installed. Perhaps some of them might prefer the built-in "adventures" of Bridgeport or Lucky Palms for a change?

But if you do CAW design your own world or use that of another designer, with or without actual tombs, again with Traveler all you have to do is pack your bags and go. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    To create a custom world for yourself; that isn't a re-design of the existing maps, you have to use CAW. And as @igazor said, you can use Traveller to use it as a vacation world.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Maybe this isn't the solution you are looking for, but it could be part of it. With the NRaas Traveler mod in play, your sims can vacation in any world that you have installed. Perhaps some of them might prefer the built-in "adventures" of Bridgeport or Lucky Palms for a change?

But if you do CAW design your own world or use that of another designer, with or without actual tombs, again with Traveler all you have to do is pack your bags and go. :)

Is it still possible to create your own vacation destination with custom adventures, lots w/ tombs and Sims?
    I went to the official The Sims 3 website and didn't find the Download link to the Create-A-World tool. Thinking that it might be my browser, I went to another browser and looked for the Create-A-World tool. Still, no such luck. Nothing appeared.

So, I went to this forum and downloaded a version of CAW, but this version of CAW kept crashing on me. It's still installed on my computer, but it just can't run.

So, the only way I can do is to use a ready-made empty world and build upon it, adding my own lots with and without tombs.

I wonder if it is possible to create/script your own custom adventures, because that would be so cool. A Sim can take on a brand-new adventure to, say, the Amazon Jungle, and all the natives would wear tropical outfits!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I went to the official The Sims 3 website and didn't find the Download link to the Create-A-World tool. Thinking that it might be my browser, I went to another browser and looked for the Create-A-World tool. Still, no such luck. Nothing appeared.

So, I went to this forum and downloaded a version of CAW, but this version of CAW kept crashing on me. It's still installed on my computer, but it just can't run.

So, the only way I can do is to use a ready-made empty world and build upon it, adding my own lots with and without tombs.

I wonder if it is possible to create/script your own custom adventures, because that would be so cool. A Sim can take on a brand-new adventure to, say, the Amazon Jungle, and all the natives would wear tropical outfits!

I think there are two versions of CAW. If you go to the Creative Corner section someone there will probably be able to assist you.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts3-world-builders

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    It depends on which version of the you have whether it's 1.67 or 1.69.

Compatible with The Sims3-version: 1.67 - Download only if you've only updated your Sims game to 1.67.

Compatible with The Sims 3-version 1.69 - Download only if you've fully updated your Sims game to version 1.69.

If you use a 1.67 version of CAW on a 1.69 Sims game...it will crash on you. If you use vice versa (1.69 CAW on a 1.67 version of Sims), the same will happen. Make sure that you get the right version. Check your Sims 3 game to see which version you're running and download the appropriate CAW.

Also...it's a steep learning curve. Watch some CAW tutorial videos from Youtubers first before you dive head first into it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Karritz wrote: »
    I think there are two versions of CAW. If you go to the Creative Corner section someone there will probably be able to assist you.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts3-world-builders

Yes, I already know that there are 2 versions of CAW. And, I have already mentioned this. But, nothing shows up on the Create-A-World Tool page on the official website.

Then, I just happened to find a copy of Create-A-World tool on the forum and downloaded/installed that one, but apparently, that application crashed, so that might have been the wrong version.
    It depends on which version of the you have whether it's 1.67 or 1.69.

Compatible with The Sims3-version: 1.67 - Download only if you've only updated your Sims game to 1.67.

Compatible with The Sims 3-version 1.69 - Download only if you've fully updated your Sims game to version 1.69.

If you use a 1.67 version of CAW on a 1.69 Sims game...it will crash on you. If you use vice versa (1.69 CAW on a 1.67 version of Sims), the same will happen. Make sure that you get the right version. Check your Sims 3 game to see which version you're running and download the appropriate CAW.

Also...it's a steep learning curve. Watch some CAW tutorial videos from Youtubers first before you dive head first into it.

Like I already said, the Download links on the Official Websites don't show up. I don't see a Download Link. You can't download something if there is no link. I've tried 2 different browsers - Microsoft Edge and Chrome - but the link still doesn't show up.
    edited January 2021
    EDIT TO ADD:

LOL... okay, the download links show up now. I was supposed to log into my The Sims 3 account, then download the software. Haha.

I have already checked my The Sims 3 Launcher, so I know which version to use; and this time, I am sure that I have the correct version. When I installed it, the installer just "updated" my current CAW software, and afterwards, I click on the icon on the desktop. Now, it's fully working!!!

I cannot wait to create my own worlds and lots and tombs for The Sims 3!