Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Okay, I can’t post pictures ☹️. I don’t know why but my LiveJournal site isn’t letting post any pictures or really do anything that I want it to do, so I’ll have to figure something else out. Now off to actually play!
  • Options
    I’m going to try LJ again today but in case that still doesn’t work, which is the best hosting site for pics (also, the easiest to navigate and insert pics here)?

I played through three days of Lia and Heath yesterday. It would have been more but I had to play slowly while they were at work because with both of them at the vet clinic, I had to be very careful when it came to treating the pets and greeting the owners. Still, managed to raise the stars from 1 to 2.5 in one day, so that was good, and they treated 14 patients. The only hard part of the day was when Lia went to the toilet and then couldn’t get back out again! Turns out, I’d actually out the male/female doors in back-to-front so she could get in but not out! Oops 😂.

While I have a storyline in mind, I’m also going by their whims, so some things have been happening quite quickly! I won’t give too much away though... unless I can’t get the pics posted, in which case I’ll be back to give you spoilers!
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @MayaRose1138 I personally use Wordpress to host my pics. I don't upload them to a wordpress blog or anything, I just have an account and upload pics to my account's "media library" which generates the URLs I need to post them here. If you want more info on that, let me know, it's pretty easy to use!

@OJenn Now that you mention it, I probably should've just re-rolled her aspiration to something non-vampire-y, but I ended up just switching to Thad. He's a better fit for Evergreen Harbor anyway, he has the Recycle Disciple trait, the fabrication skill as his 'random hobby,' and the cat lover trait which is MUCH more manageable in the apartment...hell I might even give him TWO cats since at least they don't have to go outside all the time :lol: I also had my eye on one of the female gene pool mates (Piper) who is a much better match as far as genetic diversity goes - I'm hoping for some red-haired babies :blush: I'm planning to wrap up Cleo's storyline with a short post, then start posting about Thad. He's got a lot going on right now (university, a roommate, etc.) so it's been a lot of fun to play :smile:
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 I personally use Wordpress to host my pics. I don't upload them to a wordpress blog or anything, I just have an account and upload pics to my account's "media library" which generates the URLs I need to post them here. If you want more info on that, let me know, it's pretty easy to use!

@OJenn Now that you mention it, I probably should've just re-rolled her aspiration to something non-vampire-y, but I ended up just switching to Thad. He's a better fit for Evergreen Harbor anyway, he has the Recycle Disciple trait, the fabrication skill as his 'random hobby,' and the cat lover trait which is MUCH more manageable in the apartment...hell I might even give him TWO cats since at least they don't have to go outside all the time :lol: I also had my eye on one of the female gene pool mates (Piper) who is a much better match as far as genetic diversity goes - I'm hoping for some red-haired babies :blush: I'm planning to wrap up Cleo's storyline with a short post, then start posting about Thad. He's got a lot going on right now (university, a roommate, etc.) so it's been a lot of fun to play :smile:

Wordpress definitely sounds like an option so more info would be good, please :). Does it have an upload limit?

I’ve been going through all the old posts again, partly to try and find good pics of Lia and Heath to check out their eye colours (I did find one but they still look exactly the same to me!) and partly to remind myself of everyone’s stories. I just got up to where Cleo was fighting Father Winter 🤣.

Have you got some sims from your challenge to download? I’m thinking about downloading a few like everyone else is and putting them in the game but I have to find them first!
  • Options
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 4 (The End of an Era)

Summer came and went in Evergreen Harbor. Sadly, vampire Cleo couldn't enjoy much of it due to the burning sun. Thankfully, she could still celebrate the "fireworks" part of Fireworks Day...at night, from the comfort of her dark balcony.
    14.png

15.png

Her affair with boy-next-door Gabe continued in secret. To avoid any more close calls with his wife, they often sneaked away to the secret vampire club in Forgotten Hollow. Cleo was much more comfortable there anyway - much less sunny.
    22.png

They talked at length about "their future" - Cleo fully believed that Gabe would leave his wife for her any day now. Once he was all hers, she would turn him, and they would live happily ever after...forever.
    24.png

It was a romantic thought - one that fueled many nights of carnal passion.
    25.png

26.png

In truth, he was never going to leave his wife. In fact, they were expecting their first child together and had plans to move into a bigger home in the countryside. When Cleo discovered the truth, she was devastated.
    27.png

Cleo was furious. Livid. If she couldn't have Gabe, no one could - and she would burn the world down to make sure of it. She knew Caleb wouldn't help her get her revenge, so she turned to another: Pablita, Master Vampire of the Coven.
    33.png

Pablita took her in and began grooming Cleo to become One of Them. The training was harsh - violent, even - but Cleo grew stronger each night.
    34.png

Cleo never came out on top of a spar with the master vampire Pablita, but she grew ever more powerful.
    36.png

Finally, one night, Pablita seemed pleased with her student. "You are no longer a weak fledgling servant like Caleb wished you would remain. You are One of Us. Together, We are strong. Together, We will hunt Vladislaus Straud to the ends of the world until We end his tyrannical reign for good. Together, We will reign!" Caleb ran to stop them, but he was too late. Suddenly, they vanished in a cloud of dark matter...
    37.png
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 So all you have to do is make a Wordpress account and follow the steps to set up a blog (for example I named mine "rebuildevergreenharborsims"). I don't post anything on that blog, so I just left everything blank aside from the domain name ("whatever you call your blog" . wordpress . com ). You can pay for unlimited space, but I just use the free version and get 3 GB of storage space with it. I've run out of storage space a few times in the past several years, and when I do, I just create another unused blog under the same account, which gets me another 3 GB of space for free. Once you have it set up, here are some screenshots that show how to upload pics and get the URL:
    Step 1: You'll want to be on this page, which is the 'library' for whatever blog you're using (mine says "switch sites" above the blog name because I have a bunch of blogs to choose from, this is just the blank one I use for storing pics currently). Then click on "Media" which is where pics are stored. From there click "add new" and select whatever screenshots you want to upload. I organize mine in folders like "Update 1" "Update 2" etc. so I can just select them all easily.)
    example.png

Once you've uploaded pics, they'll all be highlighted in pink like the one example pic I just uploaded. Leave them highlighted and click "Edit"
    example2.png

It will give you this pop up (if multiple pics are selected, you'll be able to click an arrow to go to the next pic). Just click the Copy button to copy the URL. Then come to the forum and paste it into the little image button so it has the proper bb code to show up as a pic. Ta-da!
    example3.png
  • Options
    BrilliantDisasterBrilliantDisaster Posts: 106 Member
    I have pictures to share. She was bald in my game and missing clothing so I gave her new hair and clothing. I have them in Brindleton Bay.
    12-30-20_6-56-33_PM.png?width=1089&height=612
    12-30-20_7-38-44_PM.png?width=1089&height=612
    12-30-20_7-42-20_PM.png?width=1089&height=612
    12-30-20_7-44-33_PM.png?width=1089&height=612
  • Options
    @BrilliantDisaster - your house looks so good! I think we used the same house plan but I didn’t try to recreate the outside (mine looks so totally different).

A question to creators - are we supposed to try and make the house look like the picture on the floor plan page? If we are, I’m going to have to do some serious redecorating...

@JordanNicoleJJ - thank you for the tutorial! I didn’t get to try it yesterday - came down with a headache from the heat - but hopefully I’ll be able to give it a go today. Maybe after I remodel the house 🤣.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Okay, this is a test using WordPress that @JordanNicoleJJ recommended. This is the original building that doesn't look like the house on the floor plan!

01-09-21_7-33-32-pm.png

I did change it to look more like the original. I didn't put the garage in though, but I've changed the size of the upstairs room to make it easier to do the roof.

01-12-21_2-52-27-pm-1.png

Here are the rooms:
    Bedroom
    01-09-21_7-32-02-pm.png

Master Ensuite
    01-09-21_7-31-40-pm.png

Vet room
    01-09-21_7-31-16-pm.png

Pet areas
    01-09-21_7-30-46-pm.png
    01-09-21_7-29-38-pm.png

Kitchen/dining areas
    01-09-21_7-29-59-pm.png
    01-09-21_7-30-18-pm.png
    01-09-21_7-30-26-pm.png

General area
    01-12-21_2-54-12-pm-1.png

Floor plan
    01-09-21_7-33-50-pm.png

And the founder, Lia Wolfe and Heath Emerson
    01-10-21_1-08-27-pm.png
    01-10-21_1-08-02-pm.png
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 1.0

Our story starts in Granite Falls. After completing University and graduating as vets, Lia Wolfe and Heath Emerson decided to have a holiday before finding somewhere to live and work. They had applied for various towns but none of them felt quite right, not yet anyway. So in the meantime, they filled their days with fishing, exploring, and romancing.
    01-10-21_1-23-43-pm.png
    01-10-21_1-29-18-pm.png
    01-10-21_1-32-20-pm.png
    01-10-21_1-30-47-pm.png

Heath even tried his hand at grilling but... it didn't go so well! After that, he left the cooking up to Lia.
    01-10-21_1-34-56-pm.png
    01-10-21_1-35-47-pm.png

While watching the news that night though - something she had generally avoided doing but something made her turn the television on - Lia heard something horrifying. The town of Brindleton Bay had been hit by an earthquake. What wasn't destroyed by that was damaged by fire or floods. Only a handful of houses escaped virtually unscathed.
    01-10-21_1-54-40-pm.png
    01-10-21_1-55-03-pm.png

Hundreds of people had already left and many of them had left their pets behind since a lot of the animals had run away to safety. That meant that there were scores of cats and dogs running around, left to fend for themselves after a life of domestication. Someone had to look after them and who better than Lia and Heath.

Lia and Heath talked for hours about it.
    01-10-21_1-56-54-pm.png

In the end, they decided that they would leave in the morning and head to Brindleton Bay and offer their services in looking after the animals and, in the long term, opening a vet clinic to entice people to come back to town and perhaps adopt a pet.

Heath had a surprise for Lia in the morning though. He had been planning this for a while and it seemed like the perfect time.
    01-10-21_2-20-00-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-20-18-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-20-35-pm.png

The mayor was all too pleased to have them move into the town. He offered them a house that had managed to survive the devastation that they could move into after the inspectors had made sure it was safe to live in. And there was a smaller house nearby that would need some renovations - which the town council would pay for - but it would serve as a vet clinic. Lia and Heath were very happy and started making plans to do their part in rebuilding Brindleton Bay...
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    (kinda late but-) Happy new year! <3 I hope all of you had the chance to rest and spend time with your families. I'm glad there are so many notifications and updates to read! I hope that those who haven't posted in a while are well *sends virtual hugs*

@MayaRose1138 I'm dying to see how you renovated Brindleton Bay with my own eyes, but text, for now, will do :sweat_smile: it sounds great! I'm sorry you had so much trouble with posting pics, but I'm happy others have already helped you figure out an alternative to livejournal. Your update makes me want to go back and play a vet clinic. So fun! I like your choice of going by your sims' whims... (omg I can't remember the last time I had them enabled in my game lol). Yes! Pics!! Amazing job, that house is huuuge. I see a ton of empty space for future kids :smirk: it's nice seeing once again the Emerson! Also loved seeing Granite Falls once again. I love that little vacation world, it brings me back to the early TS4 days. Can't beat a "Granite Falls romance". Lol poor Heath, he almost stepped into the grave with that fire! Great storytelling! I can't wait to see more of them back in Brindleton Bay <3

@OJenn aaaaw I love seeing that many sims sitting together at a table :bawling: especially during Winterfest! Poor Hayden and that huge pile of dirty plates lol but it was totally worth it. And look at Laurent stopping by at the very last minute :smirk: I hope I'll see more of him in future updates.

@JordanNicoleJJ omg I wasn't prepared to begin 2021 with you changing heir so out of the blue! :joy: but hey, I totally dig whatever you decide 'cause I love every single one of your sims <3 I mean I kinda did the same with my teen Greenes tbh so I get it. I never experienced problems in earning vampire points... though, I have to admit, I did grind a lot :confused: mostly because I played Pablita sooo much in between households. Anyway, I'll forever love your Cleo and I'll probably want to download it soon so that Pablita can keep on training her even in my save :wink:
    As for your reply to my update: prepare to get so many more updates :mrgreen: I did get lucky with genetics this generation :sweat_smile: ... which makes me terrified for the future. I'm sure luck will run out soon lol (Thalia pls be nice to me). I'm having so much fun with the sentiments!! I'm still figuring them out, but so far they're having such a big impact on my sims. Them + the lifestyles, they have added so much depth, I can't believe it's just the game and not a whole new mod lol.

That pic of Cleo playing with the firecracker (I know it's not technically a firecracker but I can't remember its real name :sweat_smile: ) almost made me emotional. I'm sure I'll see her here and there from time to time in your game, but... yeah. She always gives me such strong&independent vibe. Tbh I can't believe Gabriel chose boring normal mortal life over her. I mean, have you looked at her??? At least now Pablita will make sure to train her <3 with Cleo on her side, I'm sure she'll take down Vlad!

@BrilliantDisaster omg look at the Greenes in Brindleton Bay! <3 love their makover and their new (huge!) house!
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    @BrilliantDisaster Yay pics!! That is one impressive house! I'm honestly missing bigger houses after playing in an apartment this generation lol. I love Aiyden's workshop! It's always nice seeing Aiyden and Iris again :heart: I can't wait for more!

@MayaRose1138 Your wordpress test looks successful! All the pics are showing up properly for me :smiley: I haven't looked at the Brindleton Bay floorplans yet, but that house looks awesome either way! That light wood paneling definitely gives it a coastal feel. The vet room + pet rooms are my favs!! So perfect for a family of animal lovers! The open kitchen/dining/living rooms are beautiful too, I love the blue accent color. Ooo look at all that space for kiddos!! That looks like a really functional floorplan and now you have me excited for when I get to Brindleton Bay! Lia and Heath look great! Eeee and a gameplay update - you spoil me! I love their little post-grad Granite Falls trip! Hey...catching on fire is sort of a sign of good luck in @debjameswhite 's games (all of her heirs would catch on fire at some point lol), so Heath catching on fire might not be a bad thing! :wink: Awwww and he proposed!! See, fire is good luck! :lol: I can't wait to see the rest of your Brindleton Bay & more gameplay pics!

@Kiwicantdie Happy late New Year to you too! I enjoyed the little break I had but I'm excited to start playing & posting again :blush: Lol @ your 2021 comment - I wasn't prepared for a lot of things 2021 has already thrown at me so maybe me changing my heir out of the blue is my way of coping? :sweat_smile: Idk, I just can't play an evil sim with drama rn, I need nice, sweet, peaceful Thad in my life :lol: I wasn't having issues with Cleo's vampire stuff until I came back from my winter break - now she just will NOT train with any of the master vampires! The action just disappears from the queue as soon as they "get in position" to train. And apparently I bought the wrong vamp perks for her because none of them seem to give her points for using them either (I have the bat movement and detect personality ones) :confused: Idk, it was too grindy for me. But at least she's a vampire so she'll still be around if I ever want to play her again :lol: We call those firecrackers "sparklers" in the US but they're still a type of firecracker and generally referred to as such, so you were correct :wink: I can't believe Gabe chose boring mortal life over Cleo too, buuut he did marry one of @Heckstress17 's Greenes, which are all gorgeous and perfect, so I can't be too mad at him lol. Maybe MCCC will do its magic and give them kids anyway, but I can't deliberately ruin a Greene's life :lol: I'm excited for Thad, I've got a few pics & am hoping to play more this week so I can post an update Friday or Saturday (hopefully) :smiley: I'm sooo glad to hear you have more updates coming our way too!! I need more :naughty: Psshhh your sims are all gorgeous, Thalia will just add to the beautiful genes you already have, no need to worry :blush:
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have a teen-to-young-adult update to share + a whole university one for the weekend, so here comes the picspam :mrgreen:

Evergreen Harbor: Generation 2 / Update 6

Goodbye sweet Mt. Komorebi, welcome back Evergreen Harbor :grimace:

ByA5Lwq.png

Ryder and River spent their final teen days studying like crazy, skill grinding, and waiting for news from the scholarships they requested.

Kfb7TLH.png

I think Ryder realized that River was going to be heir once he saw just how much their dad was busy teaching him how to knit *sad violin playing*

n1jahS6.png

But he was totally fine with it because to hell with stupid knitting, he was too busy becoming a master hacker.

HT9pZjn.png

River also picked up the fabrication skill, like every Greene before him.

VDgYVFx.png

... so far, it hasn't gone that well for him, but hey, he still managed to have fun.
    (look at that face :expressionless: he knows he's good looking even like that *inster super eyeroll*)

EsdBtI5.png

A couple of days later, an unexpected visit!! Kaori waltzed into the house like she owned it and decided to head right to the stove to brew some herbs. She looked incredibly sad and Ryder was definitely surprised to see her unannounced. But before he could utter a word...

sr2TnyQ.png

Kaori set the kitchen on fire.

Eu7SzaF.png

C5C2hRf.png

Outside, the Greenes were in shock. And had a lot of question to ask Ryder.
    River: "Omg didn't you break up with her before leaving Mt. Komorebi? What the hell was that???"
    Ryder: "... I think... I might have forgotten?"

HywMnTc.png

As a matter of fact, MCCC decided to give me the news a minute later. No, I don't think it's living apart that is causing the friction. I think it's the setting the house on fire :tongue:

ePky553.png

Anyway, crisis averted, that very night I also spotted future wife material Thalia strolling by in her fresh makover.

5VBVLSn.png

River was still outside chatting with others to get his life aspiration going, so he decided to get to know her too. Well, that's the look she gave him right away. I'll let the pic speak for itself :joy:

gsGvlKb.png

Finally, it was time for the twins to age up into young adults. Max & Kori invited the whole family to celebrate, and the house was immediately swarmed with kids and... pregnant ladies? Yup, Kirk's wife, Clementine, had a bun (the fourth one to be specific) in the hoven. MCCC did him dirty lol.

BVBp45M.png

This whole exchange made me laugh so hard :joy: poor "hates children" Kirk was about to be the dad of four boys and his wife was eating everything in sight like she had been starving for a month :joy:
    Kirk: "Look at that! Does that seem normal to you?? She's been sabotaging our contraceptives! And you're telling me I shouldn't ask for a divorce??"
    Clem: "It's your fault for not bringing me the food I want. Also, we're aiming for the fifth child, babe."

zp73t0a.png

Anyway, here's a normal pic with two of their three kids. They aaaall have Clementine's hair color.
    (plus Kaori making another entrance and trying to go for the stove once again :sweat_smile: )

6k0Dq02.png

Ryder saved everyone from being set on fire by "sacrificing" himself and distracting Kaori.

ORCkomv.png

I swear my sims all chatted for so long that the boys aged up once the party was already over and everybody was already going home *facepalm*

37RH1U9.png

Yay for young adulthood!

vflpTvw.png

Here are them in their almost final form. I didn't change much, just gave them both a stubble.

dzhB6FC.png

XumqaOI.png

Now, here comes the part of the update that starts to go downhill for me...
    ... their university life.
    Not sure what went wrong with the scholarships, but they glitched out badly. First, River got them but the text message said he didn't get them? :cold_sweat:

VwUsqbX.png

Then Ryder too had the same problem.

dEa7PE3.png

Not only that, but I found both Ryder's scholarships in their home build menu, and once they were out in live mode they could no longer be delated. Every time I tried, they would glue to my cursor and prevent me to click on anything else until I re-launched the game. Really annoying. I think they're cursed :joy:

COMpKux.png

Anyway, back on track! Both boys enrolled in Foxbury to focus on their future careers. I would have preferred Britechester for them, but I was too lazy to build a proper dorm and too impatient to just get through with it.

VMzCTDD.png

It was finally time for them to leave the nest and fly free <3 (almost lol)
    Both Kori and Max were ecstatic about the event (Max especially :tongue: ), so they spent the last day at home with them by getting everything ready.

pazRvVY.png

Max was busy with work at the docks, so only Kori went with them to help them settle in.

CeHosjL.png

But she was gone in a matter of hours, and then they were alone, exploring the campus and making new friends.

9eG8Pkm.png

... aaaand that's when I realized I made a huge mistake. I mean, not necessarily huge, but a mistake nonetheless. I completely FORGOT that in order to have functional roommates, the game needed to either a) generate or b) have at its disposal unplayed single sim households. Of which I had none, due to MCCC marrying everybody off to somebody and me not splitting households. And this was mistake n. 1, 'cause mistake n. 2 was having the glorious NPCC mod on and completely forgetting that it prevented new sims from being generated by the game. So, without single sims households to work with and no possibility to generate new ones, my game decided to use the only viable single sims household it had to offer: Star Wars :joy:

g8Lh6GO.png

Kylo: "Look at me. Am I a joke to you?"

9yp0MzV.png

Long story short: yup. Unintentionally, Ryder and River found themselves being roommates with these guys.

blu77ij.png

They settled in nonetheless, decided to focus on their classes and homeworks, and tried to forget they were sharing a room with Kylo Ren.

s4ODmgy.png

... I mean...

wAbVRVZ.png

On the bright side, Thalia also moved into their dorm. She was part of the soccer team along with other Greenes from another universe :tongue:

3OfiEGJ.png

Life was rough to her for the entire week, but I was set on completing her aspiration too. Also poor Chelsea Greene realizing she was pregnant during the soccer match :grimace:

fQSin8Q.png

They were both miserable but decided to hang out in the dark 'cause... why not?? :joy:

PuHwcWi.png

Meanwhile, back in the dorm, River started getting to know Rey a little better and... definitely developed a crush for her *facepalm* I mean- same, River. S a m e. But this ain't your girl, trust me.

vMBEj4h.png

0lBTFx6.png

Things were going well for them until a certain somebody loomed over him. I think he got the message.

WMfHkIS.png

After that first night things got awkward.

jbc5BXM.png

Dm3MmxV.png

Especially for Thalia, Rey's roommate.

AAuZaca.png

Not even a day away from home, mama Kori decided she had had enough lol

vcoot8D.png

To say that River had problems with the ladies would be a misstatement. This guys is a flirt-magnet.

AbELK49.png

Bad boi Ryder, on the other hand, was much more focused on learning how to type and eat at the same time.

dA9So0n.png

First of all: rude. Second of all- what the hell are you wearing??? :joy:

qiF1Kf3.png

I'm loving the sentiments so much, guys. It's like I'm playing TS4 2.0

OrzLINA.png

nyJa5bT.png

On to much more important things, Thalia was super focused on her own studies, but it's not like she hadn't tried to get to know River a little bit better. Unfortunately, her attempts all failed.

4acysH6.png

qH3tYXP.png

The first week of uni flew by and to my astonishment, for as hard as I made them work on their assignments and their classes, the boys failed both one class each. I'm afraid that having holidays during the week doesn't matter when you have classes to attend :grimace: My straight As boys almost got kicked out of uni. I blame Kylo Ren for this lol

M22K5qL.png

0l97l1w.png

I'll leave this super long/spammy update with two pics: first, a photo that my beloved Violet & Rory from Rebuild Willow Creek took of their uni years, when they fell in love :bawling: I miss them sooo much.

zx6yx7k.png

And finally: Thalia forgetting that she now lives in a dorm with other sims & shoving her goods in Ryder's (oh so happy) face :joy::joy::joy:

tj1KELt.png
    Post edited by Kiwicantdie on
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 @JordanNicoleJJ @Kiwicantdie Thank you. :)

I think your house looks great MayaRose.
    Playing in an apartment for a generation sounds challenging JordanNicoleJJ.
    Rooming with Kylo Ren and having him loom over them made me grin to see Kiwicantdie.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @MayaRose1138 Your wordpress test looks successful! All the pics are showing up properly for me :smiley: I haven't looked at the Brindleton Bay floorplans yet, but that house looks awesome either way! That light wood paneling definitely gives it a coastal feel. The vet room + pet rooms are my favs!! So perfect for a family of animal lovers! The open kitchen/dining/living rooms are beautiful too, I love the blue accent color. Ooo look at all that space for kiddos!! That looks like a really functional floorplan and now you have me excited for when I get to Brindleton Bay! Lia and Heath look great! Eeee and a gameplay update - you spoil me! I love their little post-grad Granite Falls trip! Hey...catching on fire is sort of a sign of good luck in @debjameswhite 's games (all of her heirs would catch on fire at some point lol), so Heath catching on fire might not be a bad thing! :wink: Awwww and he proposed!! See, fire is good luck! :lol: I can't wait to see the rest of your Brindleton Bay & more gameplay pics!

Thank you! I wasn't quite sure about the walls - I tried to be consistent for most of them, just adding different colours for the bedrooms. I generally don't play with inside walls up so I don't pay much attention to them! The vet room was supposed to be a bathroom but if there's only possibly five sims in the house, 2 full bathrooms should be all that's needed. The kids bedrooms are quite big so one may get turned into a music room or something later on.
    @MayaRose1138 I'm dying to see how you renovated Brindleton Bay with my own eyes, but text, for now, will do :sweat_smile: it sounds great! I'm sorry you had so much trouble with posting pics, but I'm happy others have already helped you figure out an alternative to livejournal. Your update makes me want to go back and play a vet clinic. So fun! I like your choice of going by your sims' whims... (omg I can't remember the last time I had them enabled in my game lol). Yes! Pics!! Amazing job, that house is huuuge. I see a ton of empty space for future kids :smirk: it's nice seeing once again the Emerson! Also loved seeing Granite Falls once again. I love that little vacation world, it brings me back to the early TS4 days. Can't beat a "Granite Falls romance". Lol poor Heath, he almost stepped into the grave with that fire! Great storytelling! I can't wait to see more of them back in Brindleton Bay <3

I haven't got pics of some of the lots but I'll be putting the vet clinic up in the next update. I've played through a couple of days in it and so far it's very playable, especially now I've fixed the toilet doors :D . I still can't get the rating for scenery up higher though, and the reviews keep saying that the treatments need to go faster but I don't know how to do that! If I can get through this generation and get it to at least four stars though, I'll be happy :smiley: . For getting them married, I waited until one of them wanted to get married, and the same for children. You'll find out who wanted who in the next couple of updates :D.

I haven't played much in Granite Falls so far - my Star Wars family went twice for Leia's aspiration but she didn't find half of the plants or insects that she needed, so that was annoying. I'll do that aspiration again when I can take the sim for at least a week. But it is a lovely world :)

I forgot to add that I enjoyed your update! River will make a good heir, I think. The more I read about University though, the less I want to get that pack. Apart from the glitches, I don’t like that it takes so long of out a sims lifespan to get the degree. I get that the creators wanted life to continue for the other sims while you’re there but I think I prefer Sims 3 where time freezes ( even if my game was always glitched and they never went to graduation).
    I think your house looks great MayaRose.

Thank you so much! Since we're doing the same town, I'm looking forward to seeing where your challenge goes.
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 1.1

Lia and Heath settled into their new house quickly. There wasn't a lot of furniture yet but they still found it homey. They didn't have much to do while the clinic was being sorted, so they spent time making serum and treats, and making sure they were up to date with all the medical treatments.
    01-10-21_2-37-05-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-32-52-pm.png

They also welcomed in some cats who had discovered there were people in the district who were willing to feed them and pay them attention. Some of them weren't always that friendly though!
    01-10-21_2-47-43-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-48-34-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-53-46-pm.png
    01-10-21_3-00-24-pm.png

Some of them definitely made themselves at home!
    01-10-21_2-57-25-pm.png

Soon, the vet clinic was done. Lia and Heath had had input into what rooms there should be, and there was one at the back of the clinic that they were planning on using as a nursery for when they had children, rather than send them to daycare. (I am so proud of this build - I feel it came out really well!)
    01-10-21_2-27-04-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-30-41-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-28-07-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-28-26-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-28-50-pm.png
    01-10-21_2-28-39-pm.png

The opening day was busy - they hardly had any time to themselves! But it was good that so many people from other towns were coming to them, despite their inexperience, and it built up their confidence.
    01-10-21_3-27-02-pm-1.png
    01-10-21_3-31-27-pm-1.png
    01-12-21_3-35-10-pm-1.png
    01-12-21_4-15-56-pm-1.png

Even one of the Bay's former vets came in with her cat, so Lia was thrilled.
    01-10-21_3-43-28-pm-1.png

Heath was on such a high from their first day that he suggested to Lia that they elope immediately! Caught up in the moment, she agreed and by the end of that night, they were married :D. (He did actually wish this, so I thought, why not. Ignore his broken wrist in the third pic! And I don't know how, but I missed the exchange of rings :( ).
    01-10-21_3-04-57-pm-1.png
    01-10-21_3-05-34-pm-1.png
    01-10-21_3-06-27-pm-1.png
    01-10-21_3-07-28-pm-1.png

They celebrated as only newlyweds can...
    01-10-21_4-47-11-pm-1.png

And again...
    01-10-21_4-37-52-pm-1.png

And it wasn't too long before Lia started feeling unwell...
    01-12-21_2-58-34-pm-1.png
    01-10-21_4-49-01-pm-1.png

Baby incoming! (Lia wished for this one! She did the cutest little dance while telling Heath but I missed it!). And around the same time, they got a little fur baby - Mimi, a Persian kitten who had been abandoned and needed a home. Their house was filling up and they couldn't be happier!
    01-12-21_4-36-59-pm-1.png
    01-12-21_4-38-40-pm-1.png

And that's where I'm up to. I've been so tempted to check how many babies Lia is having with MCCC but I've refrained so far :D. She will only be having three in total - hopefully - and I've rolled for the traits/aspirations already. One of them did roll the vet skill as a hobby, which would put them as a possible heir, but it will come down to genetics as well.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @BrilliantDisaster - First of all I love your name here, it reminds me of a 311 song ;) I think Iris was bald because I used a hair from the pack. Her hair is brown though if that helps!

@MayaRose1138 - I use puush and ShareX for my photos. For the house, you can design the inside and outside however you want, change colors etc. The biggest thing is that you want the house plan to be the same (living room, bedrooms in the same place).

Aww I love seeing Heath and Lia in your game they are so cute together ♥ I love how you started their story. I love the cat in the outfit, is that a unicorn costume? :lol: The clinic turned out really nicely!

@JordanNicoleJJ - Omg I love Cleo and Pablita together. I was wondering if Gabe would leave his wife but oof, a new baby AND they are moving. Poor Cleo. I am nervous to see what Cleo does but also excited for heir Thad!

@Kiwicantdie - Wow Kaori really tried to rekindle the flame between her and Ryder but in the worst way! Clem pigging out is a whole pregnant mood lmao. I think most of us have been unable to get the Evergreen Harbor scholarship which I personally think is a bug. Uni started off interesting, I don't have the Star Wars pack so I don't even know who those sims are lol I really hope Ryder comes around to Thalia she so cute!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @MayaRose1138 Seeing your progress in the same town will be enjoyable to witness. :) Mimi is cute! Your vet clinic is beautiful!

@OJenn Thank you. I will change her hair to brown before their baby is born. Will that affect the genetics of the child's hair color by doing it now and not before conception? Also, thank you for this challenge. :)

Post edited by BrilliantDisaster on
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hiiiiiiiiiii I'm sorry I'm such a terrible friend/participant in this challenge :confused: After having the coronavirus go through my household in October it took a full month to recover (I still have the cough btw) Then it was my birthday, anniversary, the holidays, AND my sons birthday lol so it's been a little crazy. I didn't have the energy to play or to even keep up with the thread, but I'm here now! I played for the first time in months today and have enough to post a recap and an update. I wanna read through all the updates I've missed and comment on those before I post anything of my own though. I'll be catching up and hopefully I'll have my comments posted tomorrow night by the latest. Call me out if I don't :lol:

Also, I went to buy the Snowy Escape EP because yesterday I saw it was 50% off but it's showing as full price now. Did I miss the sale by literally one day, or is it a mistake I should wait to be fixed?? Anyone know?
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I don't know you but I do know one thing. You can't be a terrible friend/participant when life kicks you hard. I do not know about the sale. It is good to meet you. :)
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - I use puush and ShareX for my photos. For the house, you can design the inside and outside however you want, change colors etc. The biggest thing is that you want the house plan to be the same (living room, bedrooms in the same place).

Aww I love seeing Heath and Lia in your game they are so cute together ♥ I love how you started their story. I love the cat in the outfit, is that a unicorn costume? :lol: The clinic turned out really nicely!

The house plans I can generally do right. I cut out the garage on this one though to provide more room for both dog activities (if I can ever get any dogs to visit the house!) and kids playground stuff, since the sims don’t have cars! I’ve done all the house plans for the ten generations (because I’m OCD like that 🤣) and the garage often disappears but sometimes it’s because there’s not enough space for it. Oh, and basements haven’t been kept either but that is more because I don’t know how to do that yet. By the time I actually get to those houses, I might be able to add them in.

I’ll investigate puush and ShareX as well - no harm in having plenty of options!

Thank you 😊. I had that start in mind for ages. I think the cat is wearing a dragon costume, and interestingly, it got adopted in between that time and the next day because it showed up at the clinic! I’m really proud of the clinic, so thank you :). It’s based on a house I used to live in, with a few changes to make it more suitable.
    @MayaRose1138 Seeing your progress in the same town will be enjoyable to witness. :) Mimi is cute! Your vet clinic is beautiful!

Thank you 😄. Mimi is so cute in game! She wouldn’t come inside the house though, and I discovered that somehow, she couldn’t because of which way the door was facing. I changed that, and she could come inside. It’s possibly why there haven’t been any stray cats or dogs for the past two nights. Either that, or I’ve got a glitch in my game because when I was doing the test game, the house was fine and stray cats invaded every night! Now that I’m playing the challenge and I want the stray cats, they’re nowhere to be seen after the first night!
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi All

Happy New Year to you all. I know I am late I have just been extremely busy with RL. I have missed you all. I hope to be back playing soon.
    ]
  • Options
    EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    @Heckstress17 Did you get SE yet or are you still hoping for a sale? If not, do you live in the US and have an email I can contact you on.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hey ya'll! @Heckstress17 you know you never have to apologize for being absent from any of our challenge threads. I am glad that you and your fam are feeling somewhat better, I had heard in some reporting that COVID symptoms linger long after recovery. All that being said I'm happy you popped into the thread! I think the sale ended yesterday sadly :( Sorry, you missed it. Happy New Year to you too @amadazulsim
    I have a small-ish update on Hayden Greene's life! Things have been going well for this superstar politician. (I also wish the political career wasn't so inherently tied to San Myshuno but oh well lol) Since graduating with two degrees she started out a higher paying position and has been working on getting a promotion.
    df87417a51.png

Meanwhile things at home weren't going so great. Hayden had the fire beetles (bombardier I think?) and they can apparently set fire to things depending on their mood. At first I thought it was the fireplace but it wasn't on at the time.
    9a3123744e.jpg

Luckily the fire department was able to come and put out the blaze.
    57195261ca.jpg

With a New Year fast approaching Hayden had one person on her mind, Laurent. So she invited him over to celebrate and get closer ♥ He impressed her with his plans for the next year and even toasted to new beginnnings.
    2d72f72437.jpg

bbbe49ef28.jpg

And just like they became an official couple. Hayden has had this whim sitting for a while now so I am happy for them.
    621591eeb0.jpg

With a new man and a new year Hayden decided to continue her efforts in her hometown and make her city greener than ever before.
    04d1d62264.jpg

Her plants where thriving and so was she! Spring has become her favorite season if not for how beautiful everything is around her.
    7b16660643.jpg

afc6157ea8.jpg

Remember how the beetles set fire to the house? Well Hayden decided it was time to retire them and instead got some grubs and crickets. The inspector was also pleased and her bills have since decreased as a result.
    ba58740717.jpg

0be01dd8c4.png

Despite Hayden's large family she didn't really see herself as a people person, instead she wanted to refocus her attention in the new year. So she took a lifestyle coaching class. (Apparently after taking the class you can remove certain gained lifestyles)
    8924df352e.png

22b8ae24d8.png

With a clean slate Hayden called up her new man and went on their first official date. Laurent was ever the gentleman, complimenting her all night. They talked for what seemed like hours deliberating the menu items and their ingredients. Laurent wanted to be sure Hayden got the best vegetarian meal.
    8abb09f9e2.jpg

e852cdca3e.jpg

Here is a sneak peek of his sim profile, I absolutely love this addition to the game!
    d50c66faf6.png

After dinner Hayden and Laurent were just about to call it a night when he surprised her with a romantic gift.
    41b9243106.jpg

Turns out it was a diamond engagement ring! Hayden was smitten with him from the moment they meant in Mt. Komorebi so she said yes with no hesitation.
    afcd4a3aa7.jpg

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    I hopefully could have a short update tomorrow where you’ll meet the new arrival 😁.

@Heckstress17 - glad to hear that you’re all on the mend! I missed the sale too - spent too long trying to decide whether to get Snowy Escape separately or in a bundle... oops 🤣.

@Ojenn - ooh, an engagement! That means a wedding and babies soon! I like playing with sentiments too except for two things: one, Lia and Heath can get sentiments upon greeting their customers (who seem to appreciate llama jokes); and two, in my Star Wars game, Ahsoka tried teaching her toddler Sabine about manners and the latter got mad and yelled at Ahsoka. Now Ahsoka has a lingering resentment towards her own daughter and it’s annoying me no end 😠. Add to that, and Sabine is a daddy’s girl, and poor Ahsoka is not having a fun time with her eldest child. Hopefully one of the twins she is having will be better!

Btw, I have two problems with my Brindleton save at the moment. Firstly, every time there’s a visitor to the house, the stray cats can’t get inside and even Mimi has to go outside. The problem is solved by changing the direction of the door in Build mode but then it will happen again with the next visitor, who always seem to arrive after the Emersons go to bed. And I can’t seem to lure dogs to the lot either, so that part of my storyline isn’t working.

Secondly, three times at the vet clinic and twice at the home lot, the display panels have disappeared. At the vet clinic, it’s just the top left-hand side panel where the diagnoses are listed. At home, it’s been everything, including the panel across the bottom. I thought it might be connected to turning the headline effects on or off but it’s happened once without it, so it’s probably not connected. I can solve it by saving and then restarting the game but it’s really annoying me.

Anyone got any ideas about the above difficulties?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top