Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose As I'm sure it's clear to see from a mile away based on my posts for Tessa, I'm a romantic too. I'm in love with love, if that makes sense. I can see how Jules might not (won't) end up with her first romantic interest. She's young and exploring her options, hasn't shared her life really and gotten close as a result with anyone, like Tessa and Josh. I can see these two being together for the rest of their lives, but we'll see. I might have a twist up my sleeve, or not. Who knows? ;) It'll be interesting to find out who Jules ends up with in the end.

I hope you get that Amazon card for your birthday! The new SP looks very cool! That might be an option for you. It doesn't come with a world though. But, I was thinking that it might be fun to put a haunted house in Forgotten Hollow at least. Perhaps when Tessa moves there, she'll live in one. That won't happen for awhile yet, but I'll be exploring the pack with other Sims so should know what it's all about by then. :)

Oh! Maybe Josh or if they are still together and have kids, one of their kids could work toward the new career in the pack or something. ;) I wonder if there's an aspiration coming with the pack. I could always save it for a world that doesn't have an aspiration and Tessa could do it then. Or if she finishes a world's aspiration(s) early she could check it out too! Lots of options. I love options! <3

Yup, I can just imagine how Tessa's YA birthday is going to turn out. It should be epic! The only problem is it's soooooo far away! :D

I keep forgetting the weather machine is a thing in the game and have not used it yet. Thanks for the reminder! Up to this point, the only time my weather has changed in game other than naturally is when one of my Merfolk made it stop raining a couple times. I'm sure playing with full autonomy makes our Sims do more with their traits, at least that's what I keep reading from others. I've tried, I really have, but my Sims just end up doing dumb things on full autonomy and I get so annoyed I rage take it away from them. :D Well, except Josh, he's been...different, surprising. But still does the standard things too that others complain about. I much prefer no autonomy and micromanaging my Sims.

Gah! How am I ever going to keep up with all these updates and play and update myself! o.O lol Just teasing, I love reading everyone's updates and commenting when I can. Jules is certainly living her best life eh? She and Mario are so cute together and she's very fortunate to have a cousin with so many things for entertainment. Glad they're so close! BTW, your screenshots are always so gorgeous, love the color and crispness in them. Looking foward to reading more! :)

@Skeilah Glad to hear you're taking your cues from Bryon as to how things progress (or not) with he and Naoki. It'll be fun reading how it all goes for him. I can't help hoping though that Naoki is finally the one to give him the love he's been searching for a long time to find. And just like you, if he doesn't, perhaps I'll finally play my Simself and steal him for myself in my game. :D

Yes, I play on Ultra with everything possible turned on, I love it! I don't think I could play any other way by now. I had an old toaster of a laptop for the first 4 years playing this game and could only play on lower settings with all the blurriness, jagged lines around everything, etc. I had to use photoshop on all my screenshots I wanted to share or they just looked awful. I don't have to do that with screenshots from my gaming desktop. Most of my screenshots I share are totally untouched unless they're too dark due to the weather or bad lighting, then I'll use the curves tool or boost the contrast. I sometimes like to boost the vibrancy as well if an image looks too faded to me and I like to put a border around the Daily Post Pic, just so it stands out a bit from any extras I post. :)

Me too! Of course, I'd never try it at my age anyway. I prefer just to watch others do stuff like that and avoid torturing my poor old body. :D

LOL! I wondered if anyone would comment about that. I had fun writing that little romantic scene for these two. I wanted it to end SO much with a kiss, but of course the game won't let them. *sigh* It's my own fault though for pairing Tessa with a YA. Oh well, they'll just have to settle for hugs, flattery and having fun in other, more family friendly ways until April. 🙄

@SoulGal7 Wow! Sakura and Kyoshi are doing great with increasing their skills! Kudos to them, they'll be able to climb the mountain together before you know it! She has three lifestyles now? What's the limit? I think it's supposed to be 4 or maybe 5? Not sure. I've read reports there's a bug though that some are getting over whatever the limit is supposed to be. The new goggles look great on them! I checked them out, but didn't give them to Tessa. I like seeing her eyes, they're so pretty to me since I rarely use that turquoise color for Sims eyes. :) Great update!

LOL I'd say I don't know how they're going to wait until she's a YA either, but they don't have a say in the matter and neither do I, dangit! :D Those falls were epic! I didn't even post the best ones of them tumbling in mid-air, landing on their butts and rolling until they stopped in pain. I have this one screenshot I paused while she was rolling at just the right time with Tessa looking me straight in the eyes as if to say, "I'll never forgive you for this Watcher." Cracked me up! :D
    rbfd2GW.png

The frozen feet comment I wrote to lighten the moment and match the screenshot, plus they were standing with their feet covered in snow the whole time so it fit. lol I can relate though too since I live in Michigan, the Winter Wonderland state. :)

Okay, think I'm caught up now unless someone updated while I was writing this. I'm going to go watch the new SP trailer and I think I saw James Turner did a review of the pack of what we know so far too that I want to watch. Plus I have a few other things I need and would like to do before I can finally get back in game later tonight. Talk to y'all again soon, have fun! <3
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 I know I'm probably killing everyone now that I decided to "catch up" but I started compiling all my screenshots into a document and knew that I'd regret not having one every day if I can manage so I figured I'd play catch up since I had a lot of gameplay saved from the weekend (I've also have more time this free week than I thought I would). But I unfortunately, I cannot post a truly short update. I always have so much to say, I sometimes feel bad for making you guys read through my endless rambling, never feel like you have to LOL. The good news is that I'm basically caught up
    PRt65o7.png

What if Josh popped into CAS full edit mode and magically became a teen? That's always an option ;)

Also, thank you for your compliment about my screenshots! I started really zooming in and using the tab key once I wanted to post pics on this forum and I'm kind of obsessed with taking pretty screenshots now lol. I also play with my graphics all the way up - I got a new mac in November and my game looks so gorgeous on here compared to my 2015 mac. I will also edit the lighting in my photos at times if things look a little too dark/shadowy, but that's all the energy I'm putting into it haha

By the way, I also love the little commentary and dialogue you have going on for Tessa and Josh in your updates. It's very amusing!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hi all! I had so little time to play today and wanted to get this in before midnight. So I gotta catch up reading what's here still. I'm super excited about the upcoming pack. Aggh!

Day 12
    OuO9Vcb.png
    Just played two sim days but the decided to focus on Winterfest. I had fun decorating with Roxanne and Father Winter payed a visit. I don't know if it's the lot trait with a micro-lot but they became fully green friends basically instantly, and they developed a nice sentiment. I had a lightbulb moment and I do believe Father Winter might have to father a child when it's time for Roxi to have one. I never had a chance to bring one up.. even though I've had sims have babies with Father Winter before so it seems like it's a good possibility after she finishes college. Oh she got an All In One Computer worth I think 4k... She gave him a wooden horse sculpture made on the woodworking table.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Commenting on things!

@permanentrose You should try the childhood lover thing :D I really like it (most of the time). Kids always bring funny friends with them after school.

Update 9 - Ah look how cute those two are. They are officially together now! For the time being, it's fun to watch these two. Yikes at the wishing well. I never really used the wishing well but now I don't dare to try. Hehehe. Ohhhh, that doggo!!

Update 10 - Jules has a big family for sure! And Bex's mansion is also big for sure :D Heheh, Jules failing in bowling is funny.

@SoulGal7 Hahha, I have the same feeling. Every morning I wake up, I have like 10+ notifications, mostly from this topic xD And then I'm like "yeeeey time to catch up for the day!".

Maybe Bryon is actually starting to like it somewhere indeed, but Bryon is stubborn and his words don't really match his feelings ^^.

@Karababy52 I really hope so too! Bryon deserves love after that horrible life of his. I'm really going to put myself in-game when Bryon ages up to YA. I just want to befriend Bryon myself. SO BADLY.

Hehe, thought so. My laptop really can't handle ultra, but I'm doing fine on normal mode :P Maybe because I've never been able to play better, I don't really miss it. Once I have a gaming desktop myself (which will take a while), I'm going to play ultra too for sure!! :D

I never touched Bryons photo's. Also because I'm just too lazy to do so. I like the border around your daily pictures!

Hehe, I went skiing with my boyfriend a couple years ago. Never done that in my life. I was so afraid! I decided that I'd just watch him skiing while I'm enjoying my hot chocolate.

Maybe you should just re-age Josh into a teenager. Nobody knows :innocent:

@Hermitgirl Ah, Winterfest! What a lovely time of the year. Also, I just read about the new pack myself and I'm also pretty excited, but I'm probably not going to buy it immediately. Just because I'm broke. xD
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    January 13th
    01-12-21-2-29-55-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    Guess who decided to visit me again after school? Indeed, Naoki. He made fun of my new fruit and vegetable garden by photographing each plant. I sighed and just left him with my garden because I had to work. If he wants to laugh with it, he can take care of it too. What I didn't expect… Naoki was still chilling in my tent when I got back from work. "What are you doing here, man? Don't you have to go home?". "Home? I am a traveler. I don't have a home. Well, I think I have one now, since I decided to live with you.”. What did he just say? He decided to live with me now? Before I could say something about it, he interrupted me once again. "I'm going to the lounge. Are you coming with me?", He said then. Sigh. I recalcitrantly agreed. Once there, Naoki went straight to the computer. "What are you doing now?”, I asked. "Ah, I’m buying your climbing equipment.”.“… What for…?”. “Hehe, surprise.”. You see my face? It’s the face of someone who’s not liking this surprise at all.

Extra photo's
    Couldn't just throw these awayyyy!
    g2QC1dX.png
    GkaHThT.png
    jGTw0QV.png
  • Options
    KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Day 12 The Weight of the
    Day-11.png

Update
    Another short one from me today, thanks for dropping by my WordPress blog and for updating it too. I'm still on exam mode so minimal playing, commenting and writing from me. I'm trying to be on top of this and I feel like I am so looking forward to starting the new term more prepared.

As for gameplay notes, I didn't know where things are. River almost met his match with the vending machines. They ate his hard-earned graft and for River's sake, I refused to let that machine win. We got the stuff eventually but then the vending machine proceeded to eat his money twice and twice again we will not be backed down into submission. :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah I am always a fan of extra photos, as you can tell haha. I wouldn't be mad if you kept posting extras, I do love the visual :) I love how you are interpreting Naoki's autonomous actions and integrating them into the story. So is Naoki officially living with Bryon now or are you just hinting that it's coming soon, since he's a homeless sim? :)

@Hermitgirl Great picture! Having Father Winter pop in is nice so she didn't have to spend Winterfest alone. Also I like that idea of her having a child with Father Winter. You certainly will have time for her to get acquainted with him each sim year since we'll be playing this challenge so long. And a computer is such a lucky gift!

Also yes, skills and relationships double in gain with the smallest micro home. Also bills are reduced and gardening goes faster/better. I forgot the exact traits, but tiny homes come with some good benefits!

@Kanindota OH No! River has the worst luck, poor guy lol. I hope he can stay clear of unlucky accidents from now, though it does make your story so unique to see his struggle. I'm rooting for him though! Also I love your new signature photo. Lesson learned :D:D

--
    These are my last two updates I had pre-written, then I'm almost caught up. I'll either post update 13 later on today, or 13 & 14 together tomorrow (depends on if the toddler I nanny for takes good nap :D), so sorry to overwhelm you! Don't feel like you have to read these word for word lol, I just enjoy adding detail and lots of commentary for my own amusement and can't help myself.

The quick summary if you don't have time to read: It's summer, and while Jules now has a cute BF, she might be developing feelings for another boy too ;)

Update 11 - Summer!

9vQzmFi.jpg

Notes:
    It's officially summer in my game, so Jules spent some time doing summer activities!

She went over to Emmett's house since she hadn't visited with him in a while, and they enjoyed the pool. Emmett's lot has the convivial trait, so Jules builds her charisma faster when she talks to Emmett...hmm...
    HM5prvj.jpg
    jN2O73U.png

I have the 4th of July added as a holiday in my game, so I had Jules pop over to the library to use the computer and buy some fireworks so she could celebrate with Mario. There were a lot of thunderstorms during the day so I wasn't sure if it was going to clear up enough for them to set them off, but it ended up being a beautiful clear night. Look how ridiculous her tiny house looks on that giant lot :D

bQK8gAG.jpg
    IGrwH8s.jpg

She hung out with Mario again the next day, and he was in a bad mood. Mario has a complicated home life - his parents are divorced, and his two sisters, whom he adores, live with his mom (whom he has a terrible relationship with), while he lives with his dad, his step-mom, his step-sister (whom he has a very poor relationship with as well) and his two new infant half-siblings. So perhaps poor Mario was just having a tough day dealing with his chaotic family. Jules did her best to cheer him up though.
    YWTeK3g.jpg
    HofNGvY.jpg

Simoleon count: 5,504

Slowly but surely working my way through the curator and botanist aspirations.  Since I just got Seasons back in November, I'm still adjusting to how Seasons messes with the way I was used to gardening lol. It's summer now, so a few of her plants that were thriving in spring are now dormant 🤪

I got her the "independent" and "hardly hungry" reward traits too!

Update 12 - Deeply Connected

RFSwl2z.png

Notes:
    Summer in Willow Creek: you get a heatwave or a thunderstorm, and often both during the same day. Luckily my waterproof Jules doesn't mind too much when I send her out in a storm. Well, she usually doesn't mind TOO much :)
    dNzb6oe.png

Ever since getting Jules the independent trait and hardly hungry traits, I've been having her focus on her aspirations and skill building pretty exclusively, but if another sim invites her over, I usually accept. (This update covers like 5 sim days, I was in the zone haha)

She accepted an invitation to the Douglas-Goldstein house, and Carrie (Rose's wife, I don't know if Carrie's made an appearance officially until now) mentored her in piano which was a nice bonding moment, and Jules got the impressed sentiment toward Carrie.
    psY3LXn.png

Also, you might be thinking, that's not cute new BF Mario with her in the photo of the day! That's because Mario is being a distant boyfriend and hasn't called Jules to do anything, but her good friend Emmett asked her to come visit. She was Emmett’s friend before I even started this challenge. In fact, she and Emmett have now become BFFs forever, and share a deeply connected sentiment, all while the relationship bars with Mario are slowly decaying...IExlrLY.png

Some extra moments of fun:

Jules rants and scribbles into her journal about...llamas?
    71OjT1I.png

Gotta hold on to a lump of clay while painting to get that extra inspiration I guess
    JSObleq.jpg

That's a real safe way to play darts, Jules :D
    Zu5G9Dv.jpg

What a moment to pause on!
    0wQ8tJ3.jpg

Simoleon count: forgot to look at the exact number but it's around 12,000! Yay! (This is the result of dedicated frog breeding, digging up every hole/rock she finds and selling those items, fishing, and selling harvestables - she is a level 5 in gardening now)

Things will start slowing down now since I’m just gonna play for one sim day at a time.

Also...let's talk about Emmett :)
    Emmett is a very special sim in my game. He is the son of the first couple that I made when I got the game in 2017, Desmond and Marin, created as their toddler son for my original save which I still have a version of going - aka this save :) I have slowly aged him up over the past several years. His parents weren't married when I first started playing them, so he got to go to their wedding as a child, and now he has a little sister, Eliza, and twin siblings on the way (I have VERY long pregnancies in my game, don't expect a birth announcement anytime soon lol). So Emmett is special to me. He does currently have a girlfriend, but I’m not that attached to that romance. Let’s just say that I thrive on a slow burn romance and ideas have now sprung into my mind :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose Hehe, I may add more extra photo's later on (or one of them ends up as my profile pic just like what happened now), just because I find these two ADORABLY CUTE together. Yes, he is living with him now! But still just as friends. I’m thinking of them as becoming friends and stuff but not realizing for a looong time that they actually have feelings for each other :3
    0jHOnUF.png
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @permanentrose Hehe, I may add more extra photo's later on (or one of them ends up as my profile pic just like what happened now), just because I find these two ADORABLY CUTE together. Yes, he is living with him now!
    0jHOnUF.png

@Skeilah omg your profile pic 😍 😍

They are already so in love, even if they don’t know it
  • Options
    @permanentrose They won’t know for quite the while😂 but everybody else sees right trough them
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @permanentrose They won’t know for quite the while😂 but everybody else sees right trough them

@Skeilah This challenge requires a lot of patience. I have a good storyline planned but it will be like July at this point before it comes to full fruition :D:D

I usually speed through gameplay and often even cheat to get my story where I want it, so this is a fun new challenge, and I’m sure that as I play Jules one day at a time, I’ll come up with new ideas and Jules will autonomously do things that give me some good inspiration.

(Side note @karababy52 - I have to play with full autonomy, no matter what ridiculous things my sims do. I can’t stand it when they just stand there lol. Often I find the action to be entertaining and I like to find ways to make them fit into my story. I’m obviously a control freak with other things in my game though - I have never played with aging on since I need to be in control that way. I will often use the “reset object” cheat to get my sim to stop doing something if they are in the middle of something I don’t want them to be doing though. Very handy :))

Anyway, I never thought that little lesbian me would get my sim into a heterosexual love triangle, but here we are lol. If the game hadn’t had Emmett and Mario initially invite Jules over their houses, and instead she had made friends with teen girls, there’s no telling what might have happened instead :D
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2021
    HI everyone!
    Thank you to everyone for the compliments on the house I built. I really wanted to have the house off-the-grid, but the fridge choice for that is limited and expensive. Maybe she'll upgrade when she has the funds. I am thinking that I will build her a new house in each world and try to limit it to Basegame and that particular world's packs. Also, just to let everyone know, the club she made was just a test for the rock climbing skill, which didn't work, and she won't be using clubs anymore until Windenburg. I was also thinking of taking her out of the spotlight, but am not sure how this will affect that phone fanatic quirk that she has. Will it go away too? If anyone knows how this works, let me know. She has a bunch of photos to sell, and I know that each photo uploaded or sold will increase her fame level. So, I am going to turn that off today, although I have played ahead. Then, I will just enable that feature again when she gets to Del Sol Valley. I didn't even think about that when I set the original game options.

@Karababy52 - Just wanted to reply to this. I do believe that there is a max of 3 lifestyles.

A short update. I wrote this last night and was too tired to post. Today's update will be posted tonight.

January (Thursday) Day 12: Meditative Walk: Do You Feel Calmer Now?

sakura-makes-a-wish-on-a-forest-spirit.png
    It's back to school for both Sakura and Kiyoshi. Sakura's emotions are still going wild as she comes home from school mortified again with a moodlet 'Don't Look at Me'! Geez! She has got to get those emotions under control if she is going to be successful in that mountain excursion. Maybe a meditative hike is in order, so I have Sakura and Kiyoshi travel to Senbamachi.

he-autonomously-changed-to-this-outfit-kyoshi.png

While Sakura goes on a meditative hike, Kiyoshi heads to the medium rock climbing wall near the hiking trail to work on his rock climbing skill. I had put him in an athletic outfit and he autonomously changed into this one. While on the trail, Sakura encounters a forest spirit and makes a wish. She gets a simmi - Father Winter worth $100 simoleons. Kyoshi falls from the rock wall and gets a battered and bruised moodlet, but hey, he gets part of the Trailblazer section of the Extreme Sports Enthusiast Aspiration done. They then head home. Tomorrow is Love Day, and there's a lot that happens.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    January - Day 13: House Update & A Glitch o.O Uh oh...

me4yiPl.png

Notes:
    This will be a little different than my usual updates and hopefully not my last with Tessa. o.O I'll explain. After I sent Tessa and Josh home from their hike around the Scenic loop after a day that was a bust for fulfilling Tessa's last goal for her aspiration, I had them do some skilling. Josh was reading skill books for Skiing and Tessa for Snowboard. I checked the calendar because I knew Winterfest was coming and I wanted to make sure I had time to remodel her house to make it bigger. There was no room for a tree and I wanted them to do the day right and decorate one together.

I thought the calendar said Winterfest was the next day. Cool, okay, Tessa will have the day off school and they'll have plenty of time to decorate the house, the tree, do all the goals, etc., etc. Plus, there was no need to send her to bed to get enough sleep either. Right? Wrong! Oh so wrong. Gah! They're sitting on the couch reading their books and Tessa gets the one hour before school starts message. What? How? I read the calendar wrong. Winterfest is the next day after that one. Okay, no biggie, I'll just get her a Moodlet solver, she has plenty of points to buy one. Tessa went to school and Josh switched to singing and playing his guitar. After awhile I sent him to the Honeypot to sing Karaoke there. The skill goes up much faster that way and he can sing more songs.

I sent him home when Tessa got back from school and then started to do a remodel for the house. I was just going to make it a bit bigger. That was the plan anyway. The thing is, once I start building, it's hard for me to stop. Especially when she had over 12K in household funds. Why not go ahead and do it right? I built her an attached greenhouse, made the entire house bigger, added some things she's needed, like a desk, got her a tree, the decoration box, and a bunch of other things, then started on the roof. Oh boy, what a nightmare! I hate doing the roof on builds, takes me forever to be satisfied. I finally got it done where it looked halfway decent and took some screenshots in build mode of the exterior. I intended to go back to live mode and take some proper screenies of the interior using the tab key. I did the remodel in manage worlds because it's Winter and I wanted to see how everything would look in Summer.

Well, here's where I got the glitch. When I click on Tessa's house to load it, the game kicks me back to the worlds screen. It did that over and over again! Gah! Please tell me that save didn't get corrupted somehow and I've lost them. I can see the house from manage worlds, I just can't get to it, it won't load. Anyway, I saved and got out of the game then did my standard clearing of cache files, the localthumbpackage, etc., etc., and noticed there was a last exception file too. I'm going to repair my game when I get up later this afternoon, cross my fingers and pray I haven't lost her, and Josh. *cries* I have a really bad headache now and need some sleep.

I'll answer all your comments and reply when I get back. In the meanwhile, here's a few exterior screenshots of the build. It needs more landscaping, but this is what it looks like at the moment.

yXGR297.png
    ELG4ng8.png
    GnsENGm.png
    wp8NxME.png
    LsG1HKF.png

Have a great day y'all, I hope mine ends up great too! 🤞 <3
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 oh no!!! Can you go back to a previous save? Mario actually got deleted over the weekend in one of my sessions (it was when I was using the mods to make granite falls and selvadorada residential. I had moved Mario’s family to selvadorada and the game must have culled them since the lot type wouldn’t stay residential). I lost a little progress, but I went back to a previous save, deleted the mod, moved everyone back to their original lot, and counted my blessings that it was it wasn’t worse. I didn’t even mention it since I figured it was CC related and didn’t count it as cheating to revert to a prior save. (Mario’s family, which has complex relationships and stories, has been in my game for over a year now and I was not willing to lose them haha - any other random sim, i might have kept playing and been like, oh well, guess they moved without any warning and didn’t say goodbye)

It will be sad if you lose that house you built, but at least you’ll still have Tessa and Josh if your previous save still works 💕

@SoulGal7 Jules has been getting some phases/mood swings too that I just haven’t mentioned amongst the other things I detail in my update, teens are SO moody in this game. I do feel like the parenthood features like mood swings don’t feel quite so relevant when the teens don’t have parents or siblings to interact with or guide them through it. I’ll have to check Jules’ characters values next time I play to see how a teen who is not attending school and has no parents is fairing in that department. On another note, i think I will have her start attending school again once fall hits in my game. I had her quit since I wanted simulate her graduating from high school and going off to find herself in the world, but I think she needs to go back to school for some structure and responsibility growth lol.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi everyone. :)

I have to start with apologizing, I had couple of days that migraine issue, and today long workday and my head is hurting again, so I will skip commenting on pictures now, I am so far behind and as English is not my native language, I really have to think what I write, and not up for that atm.
    I have read all great updates :) And hopefully starting from tomorrow I can be commenting again :)

@Karababy52 , I have had that same happened twice, both times I moved the family I was playing out of their house, from manage households, and moved them temporally to another house, where I could load them. After that I tested can I enter their old lot in build mode, I could in one, not in the other case. So the other family moved back to their old house and all went well, other had to get a new home.

I'll try to get my own updates up to date later today, gladly those are very short ones :)
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Uggh @Karababy52 Usually my problems with lots get solved with a relog but never had one quite like that. If all else fails (old save games) maybe you can move her out from managed worlds? Not fun after working so hard but maybe the lot will set so you can move her back in. Love the house it's got a rustic look and love having an indoor greenhouse.

@SoulGal7 enjoying the love story going on. Sakura and Kyoshi are a nice pairing and look so cute together. My sim and him didn't get along at all. It was weird. I think those teen mood swings played into it though.

@Kanindota Those vending machines, urrgh. I admit I save before my sims have anything to do with them.

@Ellupelluellu She's making so much progress. I imagine single and loving it is going on right?... that's what mine has. Great screenshots.

@Skeilah Love the story format you have going on with your sims, and the profile pic is great!

@permanentrose She is just so adorable. I like the way you added her to your ongoing save, so many stories going on. The love story is sweet also.. but have a feeling we're eventually in for a twist.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl , thanks :) Yes she had that lifestyle, I had to remove it later :) Because things happened I did not planned to happen.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 i really hope you were able to sort out your save! Even if you have to go to a previous save file, you could always save the house in your library if the game allows you to go to build mode then place it later

@Hermitgirl I know, I have a large cast of characters you all have to keep track of, sorry :D

Putting Jules in my main save was my motivation to get engaged in playing this challenge, but I think I might create two save files now and try to devote one to only playing Jules since I feel like I miss out on Jules’ life (like seasonal and holiday things) when I play other families and vice versa. The saves will be alternate realities of each other lol.

—-
    I am officially caught up with 13 days/updates (and decidedly 10000% committed to this challenge), so you can all take a sigh of relief that you won't have so much to catch up on from me anymore :D

Update 13 - Hey there good lookin'

UpLCVXb.png

Notes:
    Ok, this is the first day I played just one sim day, and I really savored it since I played nice and slowly! I think I'm gonna like doing this - it gives me a good stopping place and some self-discipline.

So I was thinking, how can I spice up Willow Creek since I don't have a mountain to do fun winter sports and activities on like you all do? I wanted to give Jules something to look forward to other than just catching frogs and digging up collectables haha. So before I played Jules, I popped in to play her sister, Dell, and her girlfriend's household, and had Dell ask Sofia to marry her, so now I can have a wedding!! The wedding is scheduled for next sims week. I was disappointed that it didn't show up on Jules' calendar, even though she is invited, but don't worry, I have a way around that and will make sure that Jules gets to attend her sister's wedding, which is happening, conveniently, at Magnolia Blossom Park :)

The photo of the day is Jules trying on her new formal outfit that she's going to wear to the wedding :)

Jules also did some boring things today, which I of course I took screenshots of as well lol.

Watering the garden
    536PvJS.png

Reading a book
    ee6E5DQ.png

Fixing the sink
    Z3LIOOJ.png

Then Bex asked if she could come over, so Jules accepted, and they played in the sprinkler since it was a heatwave day.
    x09NXDq.png

Before Bex left in the evening, Jules decided to show Bex some photos. And what were Jules' most recent photos, you might ask?
    vPlEINP.png

The selfies she took with Emmett of course! I actually had her put one up on the wall of her bedroom (she caught a digital camera while fishing recently, so I've been having her take photos and hang up the ones that aren't completely terrible lol)
    aL6Fn5H.png

But when I sent Jules up to the bed later, I noticed it was gone *gasp* I checked in her inventory, both personal and household, but couldn't find it.
    8lLvGgH.png

Then I remembered, Bex has the kleptomaniac trait, so I'm pretty sure she swiped it lol (I actually had to go back into a previous save to take that screenshot of the photo and to make sure I wasn't going crazy and I actually had put it up).

So Bex seems to be sending Jules a message, "Forget about Emmett! Don’t let him get in the way of that new hottie BF of yours who is totally crazy about you!”

Noted, Bex. Noted....
  • Options
    Hi Everyone - I wanted to share this info with everyone who has the Snowy Escape pack and who haven't had their first kiss yet. I only found this out AFTER Sakura and Kyoshi had their first kiss at the Festival of Snow. If they have their first kiss at the Festival of Light they get a Long Term Sentiment - First Kiss at Festival of Light. I thought that was rather cool :)
  • Options
    Day 13
    O7U8bou.png
    There was a blizzard at the start of the weekend ... which is when I try to get aspiration stuff done. So Roxanne had to wait. I decided to have her take up yoga because she can do it inside and you get a pretty cool ability for topping the wellness skill. The blizzard cleared up and by Sunday she was off to hike in the middle of the night till morning. She got another aspiration ding on meeting a forest spirit. It's such a pretty pack, it's hard not to take screenshots.
    Some extras:
    qNchZIk.png
    IU0AUvz.png
    RGIYHJc.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    answering mentions now,
    @permanentrose , thank you for the comments of the house :) I really try to make the house to use only the stuff from the pack what the current world is. If not found something, then basegame stuff :)
    @Karababy52 , Dragonfruit, yes , and chrysanthemums ...ugh how could I forget :)
    @Skeilah , yes I did delete Vlad.. MCCC married someone to him, and no I do not like her to be married with Vlad :D No offence to poor Vlad :D That's funny abot L Faba, she is the only one who have negative relationship with Melody :) My game is not in English indeed, why I sometimes keep forgetting certain things :)
    @SoulGal7 , Yes I did consider the old salt house lot once, but when I say "fit" , I do not mean the lot size , I mean it does not fit well with the surroundings :)

h8ag4NX.png

Melody Connors, day 10

Start funds 140 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 1195 simoleons.
    House value: 11105 simoleons
    qHurdi9.png
    She came home.. dizzy ... :D She hates school...
    y01SWtC.png
    After eating some, she was very tired indeed.. so I let her sleep...
    hTxp95B.png
    She slept till 3am :joy: After shower she texted to school, next day will be a vacation day! YAY!

fpHeUrj.png
    (First aspiration completed! YAY!! )

Melody Connors, day 11

Start funds 1195 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 51 simoleons.
    House value: 13894 simoleons
    dd5kOZ1.png
    She was getting better and better in this gardening stuff.
    ffAgppn.png
    bRQWZJF.png
    Q3j2UUQ.png
    Doing stuff for aspiration, and she found mushrooms and pears too :) (and one herb near the temple, but I am too lazy now to check what that is in English :) )
    4CL8h6F.png
    lNalh3R.png
    Now she is glad she used almost all her money earlier to buy those bugsprays :D
    KyLkUUj.png
    Chess with him, he was at flirty mood, but nope, he is already in this thread heavily :D
    aDYGywC.png
    Last but NOT least... well.. ahhem...

i2GHQrD.png
    (Another vacationday from school! )

Melody Connors, day 12

Start funds 51 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 1106 simoleons.
    House value: 13378 simoleons.
    YIpIEia.png
    This was pretty much useless day, only thing what was good was that she bought a carrot from the vending machine! So it is not always an apple :)
    CrxXMqi.png
    hdpyJqq.png
    m4owJBg.png
    DiDARWb.png
    gUPOEhW.png
    She went to hike in hope to find something cool, naah.. she did dig some pointless cheap stuff :) I should of send her fishing instead!! :smiley:
    vKFAN4y.png
    Okay this was interesting..
    I use a mod to very heavily (if not totally) nerf random townies.. and usually bartenders are sims already in game.. but this bar had none.. and when she tried to hire one, it was greyed out and claimed there is one already hired in here. So I made her to travel to other bars in other worlds, just testing, only loaded those lots.. all summoned different bartenders, like always.. weird why this bar is different.. must be because this world is a bit different than all regular ones..

Well anyway, I let her tend the bar all night, and she got nice amount of tips.. just those 2simoleon ones as her bartender skills arent so good yet :)

XPwAuyu.png
    (Cats seems to follow her when she eats :p Not sure anymore was this vacation day or weekend.. I think it was her vacation day nro 3 :) )

Melody Connors, day 13

Start funds 1106 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 1194 simoleons.
    House value: 14731 simoleons.
    dY74gan.png
    mozlGHf.png
    PchkPFI.png
    rQXVwxS.png
    Another almost useless day..
    9Z0r6Is.png
    Welll... yeah....
    572eMq4.png
    Her garden is much more nicer now tho :)

And finally up to date! as it is January 14th here by now :)

New rule.. she has an easel now, and what ever she paints she has to sell it via Plopsy.. (if not doing the aspiration, one task is to sell it right away)

busV8Rs.png
    (Weekend, if I remember right :) )

Melody Connors, day 14

Start funds 1194 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 68 simoleons.
    House value: 17117 simoleons.
    dJcSQYp.png
    Morning starts with gardening.
    7TS4bJr.png
    LcC5hMi.png
    PZqwTA2.png
    Malcolm Langraab shows up.. hey , similar pant buddies!!!!

Okay, MCCC Clubs made Malcolm to have a gym club, he was all the time calling her would she want to join.
    So I loaded Landgraabs, edited his club to include mountain climbing, played with it 2 days, he really is not that skinny dude anymore, lol.
    Other members of the club were Morgan Fyres, Hugo and Luna Villareal and Wolfgang Munch. All teens, good. I gave makeovers to all. Not yet let Melody to join the club tho.

t93eqnj.png
    Moonlight fishing this time :p

1lyELTL.png
    wCioQ5e.png
    XAtD3On.png

@SoulGal7 , hey thanks for the tip! :)

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Hi everyone! I think this is my longest up-date yet. But this was a great day!

January (Friday) Day 13: Romance At The Festival of Light On Love Day

date-to-the-festival-of-lights.png
    Today is Love Day and Sakura and Kiyoshi head off to school. While they are there, I get pop-ups for both of them! There is a Dance today, and Kiyoshi wants to ask a special someone to go. Who is this mystery girl that Kiyoshi wants to invite to the dance? Could it be Sakura? Meanwhile Sakura, who was hoping that Kiyoshi would invite her to the dance, volunteered to be part of the decorating committee. She wanted to make this the best dance ever. The only problem was that she has horrible decorations and music to work with and a lot of the students are upset with her. Kiyoshi doesn't care about the decorations, only that he can be there with Sakura.

kyoshi-will-ask-someone-special.png
    special-sim-date.png
    kyoshi-has-a-great-dance.png

love-day-decorating.png
    sakura-bad-decorating-day.png
    festive-flop-sad-moodlet-sakura.png

When they get home, Sakura is sad because of the decoration fiasco, while Kiyoshi is very flirty. Kiyoshi tries to cheer Sakura up and gives her a love day gift - a rose. He tells her he didn't really care about the decorations or the music but enjoyed spending time with her at the dance. That seemed to cheer Sakura up. Sakura tells Kiyoshi she has something for him, too - a daisy, which symbolizes new beginnings. Kiyoshi is pretty thrilled with this gift and takes this as a sign. He shyly asks Sakura if she wants to be his girlfriend. And she says yes!

they-are-now-a-couple.png

Sakura then surprises Kiyoshi and asks him on a date to Hanamigawa Koen Park. I had not been to that park before and there is really not a lot to do. They play chess together and then I get a pop-up. It's the Festival of Light (Friday 6 pm - 2 am)! and it's next to the park. I have Sakura and Kiyoshi head over there. This is a beautiful festival and there are candles on the river, a bonfire, and fireworks. They head to a little bridge over the river and Kiyoshi tells Sakura how happy he is they are there together. They share a rather romantic kiss together.

writing-a-wish-together-on-the-tree.png

They make a wish together at the Tanabata trees and you get a sentiment from doing this!

a-beautiful-new-komona.png

Then, back to the festival to get that kimona from the vending machine (another tick off the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration). The cool thing about this is when I had Kiyoshi touch the vending machine, he changed into the kimona, too, as the kimona is unlocked for the household.

what-did-you-wish-for.png

They look rather nice together, and Kiyoshi haggles for some taiyaki (a fish-shaped cake) and gets one for himself and one for Sakura. They watch the fireworks and then head to the cemetery to pay their respects to the ancestors. They got a Silver Reward on their date (a rose in a vase) because they couldn't get playful - they were flirty through much of the night. Aside from the decoration fiasco that Sakura had at school, this was the best day for both of them...so far.

sakura-sentiments.png

This was certainly a sentiment-filled day! Woot!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu I LOVE her house, and her garden is very nice as well. My favorite parts of your updates - love that cats keep joining her while she eats, too cute. Maybe she'll have to adopt one eventually :) The bar tending gig was a fun way to earn her some money and build her skill, I'm sure! What an entertaining little side gig. Also, Malcolm looks SO GOOD. No more weird cheese colored hair lol. I'd love to see the other pre-mades you gave makeovers to as well. Great updates, glad we are both caught up now :)

@SoulGal7 What a great update! Sakura certainly had a busy day. Is that Love Day school dance a Seasons interaction? I've never noticed it before, but I don't think I've ever played a teen (at least one who is attending school haha) on Love Day. Sakura and Kiyoshi are really cute together (especially in their matching kimonos), and that sentiment is certainly a special one. I'm glad your sims had such a fun and eventful day!
  • Options
    Whoops, missed your update @Hermitgirl

Lovely photo of the day! And I've been using stuff packs/other packs without worlds to build skills for Jules too. It definitely helps add some fun to the days that start to feel very similar and it's just not realistic to do anything that story builds or meets aspiration milestones. Roxi is cute in that yoga picture, trying to keep her balance :D

• Options
    @permanentrose , about the
    glad we are both caught up now :)
    I am very, as now I do not have to spam anymore :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top