Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff Pack, releasing on Jan 26!

124...Next

Comments

• justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Nekomata19 wrote: »
    We got some black flame candles! The Sanderson Sisters will be pleased, lol. But yeah, I wonder why they went 70s when 80s would've made more sense, imo. Not complaining, though, I'm sure I'll find a use for the style.

70s was more into new age than the 80s imo
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    We got some black flame candles! The Sanderson Sisters will be pleased, lol. But yeah, I wonder why they went 70s when 80s would've made more sense, imo. Not complaining, though, I'm sure I'll find a use for the style.

The whole concept gave me some "Sabrina" vibes. Not from CHAOS but more from the original teencom.
    Also, Charmed!
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2021

Yeah, I just meant in terms of media aka Ghostbusters and Poltergeist. The only thing I can really link to the 70s vibe for ghost stuff is Scooby Doo. That's all I meant.
    EDIT: Did the original Casper cartoon come about then? Or was that even older? I know the comics were older...
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

The whole concept gave me some "Sabrina" vibes. Not from CHAOS but more from the original teencom.
    Also, Charmed!

Ooh! Yes!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    This looks like the best TS4 pack ever!!
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    who knows make we get proton packs then we are high in the new skill goosey
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    This sounds like quite a lot of content for a SP. A career, a lot trait, a medium skill and Bonehilda. Either this pack is going to be half baked or this is going to be one of the beefiest SPs we've ever gotten.

I'm excited but wary.

Well, a lot of the content listed is recycled from elsewhere in the game, so that's why it may seem like a lot. Bonehilda is going to be a slightly modified version of the skeleton assistants we already had in Jungle Adventure. Ghosts were already added to the base game. What's actually new content here is a Medium skill, objects for that Medium skill, scripted ghost interactions/events, and what looks to be a freelance career as an exorcist. So the amount of content seems comparable to Nifty Knitting! <3

It looks like the hauntings may be recycled as well. In the trailer, you see the Sim kick a voodoo doll. This is probably a carry-over using the Harvestfest Gnome interaction.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Rant incoming. >:) (Yes I made my account just to rant about this) (Sorry if it's off topic I'm new)

I am very excited for this pack. It seems to add a lot of content for a stuff pack. In my opinion stuff pack have been getting way better! Compare say, Nifty Knitting to Perfect Patio in terms of content. An aspiration, full 10 level skill with a TON of unlocks, Plopsy, and lots of rememberable CAS & BB assets, to, a bathing suit and a hot tub. There's more stuff, maybe, in PP but if you saw it you wouldn't say, "That's Perfect Patio" Any way this pack is a step up from Nifty Knitting, definitely. A freelance career, a skill (most likely 10 levels), a lot type, and what seems to be RECOGNISIBLY PARANORMAL CAS & BB. For the same price as PP. (I'm getting to the point of this rant)

Let's detour and look at Spa Day. If you offered me Spa Day and Paranormal for the same price, I would definitely say Paranormal was the better deal. They both have a skill. Both have a lot type. Only Paranormal has a career. I can't say about Paranormal yet but almost everything in Spa Day is butt ugly. (Looking at you fluorescent mens crop top all male townies spawn in).

My point: DOWN WITH THE GAME PACKS! But you might say "Oh what about the good ones?" To which I would respond, "Imagine a world where Vampires is Supernatural, with Fairies and Werewolves, Imagine a world where ROM is just Magic, with shamans and druids (and a magic boarding school for the Potterheads) Imagine a world where Parenthood is Generations, and theres a reason to not just age them up the moment their done with their skills.

TLDR: Down with the game packs, up with the stuff packs! (but only the good ones)
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I love supernatural stuff. This is basically an expansion for Ghosts.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    YBNS2468 wrote: »
    Finally! <3<3

Sims-4-Bella-Mortimer-Render-YBNS.png

This is the best fan pack image I have ever seen!!
  • AwkwardTurtle356AwkwardTurtle356 Posts: 1 New Member
    This sounds spoooooky! I'm so looking forward to this pack. I've been binge watching Ghost Whisperer recently, so this pack is going to be so exciting!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Rant incoming. >:) (Yes I made my account just to rant about this) (Sorry if it's off topic I'm new)

I am very excited for this pack. It seems to add a lot of content for a stuff pack. In my opinion stuff pack have been getting way better! Compare say, Nifty Knitting to Perfect Patio in terms of content. An aspiration, full 10 level skill with a TON of unlocks, Plopsy, and lots of rememberable CAS & BB assets, to, a bathing suit and a hot tub. There's more stuff, maybe, in PP but if you saw it you wouldn't say, "That's Perfect Patio" Any way this pack is a step up from Nifty Knitting, definitely. A freelance career, a skill (most likely 10 levels), a lot type, and what seems to be RECOGNISIBLY PARANORMAL CAS & BB. For the same price as PP. (I'm getting to the point of this rant)

Let's detour and look at Spa Day. If you offered me Spa Day and Paranormal for the same price, I would definitely say Paranormal was the better deal. They both have a skill. Both have a lot type. Only Paranormal has a career. I can't say about Paranormal yet but almost everything in Spa Day is butt ugly. (Looking at you fluorescent mens crop top all male townies spawn in).

My point: DOWN WITH THE GAME PACKS! But you might say "Oh what about the good ones?" To which I would respond, "Imagine a world where Vampires is Supernatural, with Fairies and Werewolves, Imagine a world where ROM is just Magic, with shamans and druids (and a magic boarding school for the Potterheads) Imagine a world where Parenthood is Generations, and theres a reason to not just age them up the moment their done with their skills.

TLDR: Down with the game packs, up with the stuff packs! (but only the good ones)

I'd say up with the Gamepacks. I'm hoping for a Resorts GP. The past 2 gps have been story driven but I think they'll start getting back to sandbox mode this year.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    So excited for this pack. I just have a question.
    Why is Sims 4 Paranormal a Stuff Pack & not a Game Pack?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    Finally! <3<3

I agree, really impressive work!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Because they wanted us to only have to spend $10 for it! 😁

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

IMO, they haven't created enough STUFF for a GP. I don't think there will be a playable graveyard and there may not be any CAS ghost creation added (which I hate). I want to be able to create ghosts in CAS and pick how they died. I also want to create ghost pets.

That being said, I do think what I see in the trailer for the SP will be fun and has potential to be a nice pack. Stuff packs have gotten better and better ever since Laundry Day. SP's seem to be improving and GP's and EP's seem to be getting worse, IMO.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Does anyone know if the little blob ghosts that the ghost hunter catches will appear on any lot at random, or are they tied to haunted lot trait?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the little blob ghosts that the ghost hunter catches will appear on any lot at random, or are they tied to haunted lot trait?

This is just my imagination talking but I think that they are a major part of the Haunted House trait, not sim ghosts. The Globs, along with the flashing lights, weird plants growing in your yard, the hands growing out of the ground or floor and other things, are a part of the trait.

As for the Paranormal Career, I think that the Globs will randomly appear at houses like a fire would in S3 or the poltergeist did in S3 and our sim will get a call for help to rid the place of Globs and "make the house clean".

Just my opinion. I may be 180 degrees wrong. We will see in two weeks.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited January 2021

Yeah, I just meant in terms of media aka Ghostbusters and Poltergeist. The only thing I can really link to the 70s vibe for ghost stuff is Scooby Doo. That's all I meant.
    EDIT: Did the original Casper cartoon come about then? Or was that even older? I know the comics were older...

i got a huge vibe from amityville and ed and lorraine warren era from the clothing style.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    Finally! <3<3

Thank you so much for the compliment!!!❤️