Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Design and create schools

jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello everyone,

I know there are discussions about schools and high schools but I didn't see this idea yet, well not how imagined it anyway.
So I thought that if schools come in the game one day, they should make them like retails and vet clinic where we create our own schools if we want. Although it would be really great if they make a similar system as clubs in get to work.

1) Create, design and manage your own school

First of all, it would be really fantastic to be able to create the school where our children attend to. We can also design everything in it and manage the school if we want (teachers outfits, teaching skill level, etc). Also we could choose if the school wear uniforms or not for the students.

maxresdefault.jpg

Image from the freezer bunny youtube channel

2) Choose the classes

This is the most interesting part: Creating the school should allow us to choose the classes that are taught in the school, for that we could choose between all the skills available in the game (and maybe new skills that come with the pack). The teachers must have level 7 or more in those skills to teach them. So the school furnishing would depends on our choices: if we chose to make a school with cooking classes we have to put stoves in some classroom; if we put a fitness class then we need to put some items to do so.

If we do that we should be able to choose our sims schedules (timetables) regarding what the school they attend to has as programms. For exemple on monday morning the school has cooking classes, then at registration, our sim can choose that for the simester and will go everyday at the same class schedules. This could work like how discover university did but without all the external homeworks and preparations to do.

This system should integrate occult ranks (so if we want a magic school we could actually create one)! Vampire lore is an in game skill so that would already help; but using the ranks could allow the vampiric battles that improve the abilities of vampires; or teaching magic at the virtuoso rank.

3) specialize your school

Also, thanks to that freedom we could create our own type of schools: art school; military schools; culinary school; sports school; science school; even a prep school (with charisma skill as the number one skill); drama school; magic school; dog training school (why not).
I know that for kinds we begin with 4 sklls only but that shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

If they take a similar system as get together, we could even go further and have a selection by gender and traits. Having a all girl school for exemple, or imagine a school where only snob sims go. That will also allow us to have occult school (a vampire school, or an only occult school where humans can't go)

What do think?
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hello everyone,

I know there are discussions about schools and high schools but I didn't see this idea yet, well not how imagined it anyway.
    So I thought that if schools come in the game one day, they should make them like retails and vet clinic where we create our own schools if we want. Although it would be really great if they make a similar system as clubs in get to work.

1) Create, design and manage your own school

First of all, it would be really fantastic to be able to create the school where our children attend to. We can also design everything in it and manage the school if we want (teachers outfits, teaching skill level, etc). Also we could choose if the school wear uniforms or not for the students.

maxresdefault.jpg

Image from the freezer bunny youtube channel

2) Choose the classes

This is the most interesting part: Creating the school should allow us to choose the classes that are taught in the school, for that we could choose between all the skills available in the game (and maybe new skills that come with the pack). The teachers must have level 7 or more in those skills to teach them. So the school furnishing would depends on our choices: if we chose to make a school with cooking classes we have to put stoves in some classroom; if we put a fitness class then we need to put some items to do so.

If we do that we should be able to choose our sims schedules (timetables) regarding what the school they attend to has as programms. For exemple on monday morning the school has cooking classes, then at registration, our sim can choose that for the simester and will go everyday at the same class schedules. This could work like how discover university did but without all the external homeworks and preparations to do.

This system should integrate occult ranks (so if we want a magic school we could actually create one)! Vampire lore is an in game skill so that would already help; but using the ranks could allow the vampiric battles that improve the abilities of vampires; or teaching magic at the virtuoso rank.

3) specialize your school

Also, thanks to that freedom we could create our own type of schools: art school; military schools; culinary school; sports school; science school; even a prep school (with charisma skill as the number one skill); drama school; magic school; dog training school (why not).
    I know that for kinds we begin with 4 sklls only but that shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

If they take a similar system as get together, we could even go further and have a selection by gender and traits. Having a all girl school for exemple, or imagine a school where only snob sims go. That will also allow us to have occult school (a vampire school, or an only occult school where humans can't go)

What do think?
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Wow this is a really cool idea. I have always wanted a more immersive school experience in the sims (if you want to choose to go with your sims) but actually being able to customise your own schools is something I never thought of! It would also work well with universities in the sims and going to special types of schools, like you mentioned.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've done this.
    []Edit later I'll open to get a Picture.[]
    I set the Lot type to Library.
    Named the School: Briarwood High (I only care about High school Stories. Children can go to their rabbit hole school)
    Built & Established: 1875 (Inspired By Providence College)
    Mascot: (Debating between) Knight or Wolf.
    1st floor - Cafeteria, Auditorium, Guidance counselor's & principals office.
    2nd floor Class rooms: Science Labs, Math Labs, Literature and History.
    3rd & fourth floor: Library, Photography, Painting/Sketching Studio, Computer and Tech Lab.
    4th floor, More Library/Study Hall.
    Working on building a Basement & making Woodshop and robotics, and all those other clubs.
    Sport Lots For Gymnasium, The Gym has a Pool for swimming underneath the Basketball Court( I really want volley ball and ultimate frisbee, and someday archery. and Soccer field (I love Soccer so I made it the Popular Sport in my world)

I Use the Club System to create the school system (And government system)
    The Professors and Administrators double up. And I use club system to make them assemble class. with the Library/Gym as their Hangout lot
    Superintendent/Principal Anderson (André) Croft (Secretly a Spell Caster)
    Professor/Coach Griffin is the History/Law/Politics Professor/Soccer Coach/Advisor
    Professor Montgomery is Literature/Culture & Drama Club/Advisor)
    Professor Bourbon is Science: (Human&Animal)Anatomy/Astronomy/Agriculture/(Marine)Biology/Chemistry/Geology/ Professor & Gaming Club/Advisor (Retired Scientist)
    Professor Duval is Math/Finance/Accounting/Economics Professor & Swim Coach/Advisor
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I love it. I want playable schools and teaching career. Not just elementary and high school, I also want the ability to run a daycare/preschool. I currently have a school in my game, but it is a community lot that I send my kids to after they're done with school. They can do their homework there, grab food in the cafeteria, work on art, practice music, or play with toys/on playground. I agree that the framework exists in the game already. They should definitely use the Discover University scheduling system and club systems to make it happen. I also want them to add school dance and carnival or field day as an event option.
    I love it. I want playable schools and teaching career. Not just elementary and high school, I also want the ability to run a daycare/preschool. I currently have a school in my game, but it is a community lot that I send my kids to after they're done with school. They can do their homework there, grab food in the cafeteria, work on art, practice music, or play with toys/on playground. I agree that the framework exists in the game already. They should definitely use the Discover University scheduling system and club systems to make it happen. I also want them to add school dance and carnival or field day as an event option.

Yes nurseries would be really nice, although, that could work differently: they could be more like vet clinics where you build the day care build, open it and people come to put their toddlers there. But this should be availbale at home too as a freelancer career. Both could exist together.
    A day care/Nursery lot could take care of your toddlers if you just want that and not actually running it. And if you don't want to have to do the managing thing (employees, build needs, etc you can simply have a freelancer career, find some "contracts" with families that need their children/toddlers to be watched and then you take care of these children.
    If you're a freelance though, I would like an inspector who comes to check if the house is suited for child care, if not, you got fined, but if everything is good, you can have your licence to take care of children in the house.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This is an interesting idea.
    If schools are included in the game, they need to be flexible, with a lot of player input and control.

Some people keep demanding that if there are schools then they have to have proms.
    I disagree.

If there are school, then there need to be school dances, and they player should get to choose the details, such as is it a formal dance, is it semi formal (cocktail), is it casual? Is it costume?
    What sort of music, and where does it come from? Will there be a band? (great tie in to my ideas for a bands pack) Will there be a dj? Will ti be on the schools old sound system? Will it be a jukebox?
    How will it be catered? A fancy sit down meal? Cocktail buffet? Pizza? No food, just a punch fountain? Drinks in cans?
    What will you name it? Is it your sims Prom? Is it their school formal? Is it a blue light disco?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This would be a dream :) amazing!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would rather have a HOME SCHOOLING pack. It would be easier to play and keep control of. With this past year, most everyone opted for home schooling. There could also be some computer learning along with mom or dad teaching the kiddies about the geography in Selvadorada.

Plus, with lots being at a premium, I'd rather not have to use a valuable piece of real estate for a school. And the last thing I want is another ghost lot that doesn't appear on the map. Plus, a SCHOOL pack would be a large add whereas a HOME SCHOOLING pack could be as small as an SP (given how well PN has been done).
    edited January 2021
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would rather have a HOME SCHOOLING pack. It would be easier to play and keep control of. With this past year, most everyone opted for home schooling. There could also be some computer learning along with mom or dad teaching the kiddies about the geography in Selvadorada.

Plus, with lots being at a premium, I'd rather not have to use a valuable piece of real estate for a school. And the last thing I want is another ghost lot that doesn't appear on the map. Plus, a SCHOOL pack would be a large add whereas a HOME SCHOOLING pack could be as small as an SP (given how well PN has been done).

Well I wasn't talking about home schooling but it could be a side feature. And you don't want schools to take a lot but you don't want them as a hidden lot? I would rather have schools as hidden lots than being stuck with home schooling. I'm already kinda tired of home schooling during this pandemic so having that in game instead of real schools is kinda of bummer.

Here the idea was about designing, building and managing the school, so home schools and boarding schools could be side features not main features. And also, they can come up with an entire new world like for university. But I'm also good if they do a hidden lot like the hospital and Magic HQ, it's just less personnal as we don't choose the landscape, I want to put a school in Sulani, in San Myshuno, In Windenburg.
    And of course a school pack needs to be a lrage pack (game pack at least).

And with home schools, the social side is completely absent, I want my sims to meet other sims at school, to teach sims that aren't their children, I want to tell new stories.

I like the idea of home schooling but I also like the idea to go to school and to socialize, to take different classes, to take exams with everybody else, to have these friend groups. And just the management system would be fun for people who like to create. See how retail shops just stimulate creativity? I want that for schools.

Also, the game is already too easy, I want some difficulty, and managing a school is not that hard if they do it like retails/vet clinic/restaurant and clubs from get together.
    I just don't need nor want a junior version of University.

You can't create universities in Discover universities, you can't specialize them, you can't manage them, you can't create anything except dorms with university! I think
    jomilej wrote: »

You can't create universities in Discover universities, you can't specialize them, you can't manage them, you can't create anything except dorms with university! I think

But that is exactly what we would get. Do you think that a university would be locked down with very little editing possible yet a High School lot would be nothing but player created? And if it's like the police station or hospital, when you bulldoze it to create your own it would nerf the lot and you'd never get it to work right again.

No thank you.
    jomilej wrote: »

But that is exactly what we would get. Do you think that a university would be locked down with very little editing possible yet a High School lot would be nothing but player created? And if it's like the police station or hospital, when you bulldoze it to create your own it would nerf the lot and you'd never get it to work right again.

No thank you.

And that's why exactly I propose this idea. It's just an idea.
    It's when I ask people "what do you think of werewolves and having a wolf form?", would they do that? we don't know, it's just speculation and ideas, nothing more.
    And for the police station problem, I think you can avoid that by putting the elements it needs to work properly (I always renovate these builds and they always work perfectly except if I forget something) but that's just me. And also that's why it's better to have a on a map lot like retails and vet clinic.