Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you doing?

Comments

• Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I'm feeling pretty down - flatmate returned yesterday and today has tested positive for you-know-what. The thing that's really got me is she came back knowing she had symptoms and needed a test. Baffled as to why she didn't stay at home when she knew she likely would test positive. Either way, I've got 10 days of self isolation to get through so, guess I'll be renovating a lot of sims houses this week!
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    @SayNoToGnomes sorry to hear that. Hope you and your flatmate stay well.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @SayNoToGnomes Hoping speedy and uncomplicated recovery for you both, should you fall ill. Having something to get engrossed in would be a help in that situation. Like your username, I feel the same way about gnomes. Just, gnomp.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes :)

@PriestessBizarre we're living in student accommodation and we had the option of remaining at home or coming back to accommodation, honestly finding out she came back knowing she had to get a test and was likely positive was a little difficult to comprehend, but hey, it is done and there is nothing we can do about it now - just got to make sure the flat is clean and we all get through as best we can :)

Luckily we have two bathrooms in the flat so we've separated those out and we've got a lovely friend dropping some cleaning supplies and some hand sanitiser (...and hopefully some chocolate!) at the door later.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes :)

@PriestessBizarre we're living in student accommodation and we had the option of remaining at home or coming back to accommodation, honestly finding out she came back knowing she had to get a test and was likely positive was a little difficult to comprehend, but hey, it is done and there is nothing we can do about it now - just got to make sure the flat is clean and we all get through as best we can :)

Luckily we have two bathrooms in the flat so we've separated those out and we've got a lovely friend dropping some cleaning supplies and some hand sanitiser (...and hopefully some chocolate!) at the door later.

All the best @SayNoToGnomes. Your room mate put you in an awful situation. Hope the passes quickly for you.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    With quarantine, it has been a bit stressful as school is much harder. Also, my mental health hasn't been the greatest, my mother didn't really take me seriously when I told her about it, like she seemed to shrug it off. And to top it off, I really don't have friends so I keep myself company with my family. I've disabled my IG account and it's been peaceful not having to worry about people and whatnot, and now because of recent events, my school has been focusing on talking about how people feel, which slowed down how much work is being assigned. It's pretty cool noting that I can play TS4 whenever classes are done!!
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited January 2021
    Realizing that as age advances, you start losing the abilities you had when you were younger...like bouncing back immediately after doing a strenuous move from one place to another and being able to go out the next day and hang out with your friends kicking a soccer ball or whatever around. At my age, my body has just pretty much said. "Nope...you're not doing a **** thing. Go sit on the couch and play sims." The deteriorating disc disease doesn't help either. Wife says, "Honey...take some tylenol for the back pain."

Me: (gritting teeth) "I'll get through it..." Yes, stubborn bull-headed male, Take too much tylenol over the course of several months for pain and it loses effectiveness.

Next time, I'm using movers.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    We've been having a bit of a tough time over the last few days. My partners Mum in Glasgow had a mini stroke, and with the Covid situation in the UK being admitted into hospital is not a great option. She was only in for one day thankfully, and returned home. She was improving but took a turn for the worse a couple of days ago and his sister decided she wasn't going to go back to hospital, she would keep her at home where it's safer.
    With travel restrictions, exemptions hard to get, the chance of going overseas and getting stuck there for whoever knows how long has made things even harder to deal with knowing we can't just drop everything to go to be with her.
    We had a really positive phone call last night, thankfully before bedtime, saying she's improved greatly over the last day, so at least we could sleep better last night.
    My Mum had her covid vaccine on the weekend, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.
    Then my niece called to tell me that her dad (my sisters ex husband) has been rushed into hospital after having a strange episode. His area in Essex has been badly hit with Covid. There were 4 deaths last week in his street alone, and now being in hospital is something else for her to worry about.
    It's all doom and gloom out there.
    I wish there was something uplifting to post about.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    @AninaBeana - sorry to hear your mum shrugged off your feelings. Perhaps she means well but just doesn't understand it - some people simply don't, as they haven't experienced it. Or else there are others who simply do not know how to respond to it. I know this doesn't help you feel any better, but she may be genuinely upset and worried about you under her indifferent-seeming exterior. To this day, my mum and I don't relate much to each other.

Very smart disabling IG if it is making you feel that way. Just a few months ago I permanently deleted Facebook for the same reason. I am using insta, but with a very limited number of friends. It has been far less toxic. I'm in my 40s, so it's relevant to point out that platforms like these can be (and often are) very toxic, regardless of age. I think at school, the toxicity can be intensified. So yeah, disabling was a good move and is hopefully one step towards you picking up a bit.

Stay well!

Thank you, I guess I never thought of it that way. My mother and I are pretty close, and I've always been labeled as the responsible sibling, as I have 3 siblings, including my 18-year-old sister who's autistic. It's been taking a toll on my mental health, which was the main reason why I disabled my IG account. I've been trying to express my emotions more as I also have a problem doing that. It's kind of hard to tell people how I really feel since people always needed to lean onto my shoulder. Hopefully, I can tell my mother about my mental health issues again. Also, I've heard about how Australia has managed to keep COVID cases to a minimum, is it true that you guys do not have to wear masks, because it's very exhausting here in the US. I'm from Germany so our original plans were to visit family once cases die down, but that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon :(
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited January 2021
    @AninaBeana Really sorry that you're going through a tough time. I have an autistic sister too, and constantly supporting family, even if you love them to bits, can still be emotionally draining. I hope you find time to do things you enjoy; I find even just a little time to escape and do something that's just for you and no one else, can help ease the pressure. After all, you are a person with needs too!
    I can also relate a lot to difficulty expressing feelings. When you're used to being the one who's doing the emotional supporting, sometimes your own emotions get suppressed as a result and it can feel like there just isn't time for your own thoughts.
    That's great that you're working on expressing your emotions more. Keep at it! Perhaps (if you haven't done already) you and your mother could arrange a chat at a time when both of you are not busy with care responsibilities, to give you more chance to explain how things are making you feel?
    Hope you and your family are keeping safe and well.
  • Options
    olivetree000olivetree000 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm okey. I am watching various videos where people are showing how they managed to start doing motion design. I want to change my specialty. So I'm moving a little bit towards my goal. The next step is to complete the courses. They are expensive, but I think that https://mr.bet/at will help me with this as always. I can often get there a large amount of money quickly. So I think I will succeed.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It's a year to the day I was forced to quit my job and stay home to shield from covid-19. I have only been outside a handful of times since. Having my first jab next week. Hope I do not suffer a reaction.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    It's a year to the day I was forced to quit my job and stay home to shield from covid-19. I have only been outside a handful of times since. Having my first jab next week. Hope I do not suffer a reaction.

Fingers crossed for you also. I get being nervous yet hopeful.
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Tw1stedAng3lTw1stedAng3l Posts: 49 Member
    To be honest: I am a wreck internally. I had my hearing for SSI via phone on Tuesday with no lawyer (again). I want to be hopeful, but at this point I am finding hope rather fleeting. This, in turn, has been triggering my PTSD triggers (ie the symptoms that occur before and during an episode). On top of that, I am stressing in general because my absolutely adorbs little princess is teething and thus being a pill about going to sleep.

On the upside: 3rd stimulus has paid for bills and much needed things for the home. Fiance and I have an absolutely heavenly bed set for our bed now, and if I can get the Microsoft store and my debit card to cooperate I will own everything Sims 4 except for Eco Lifestyle within the next 24 hours....
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Options
    olivetree000olivetree000 Posts: 18 Member
    I am watching various videos where people are showing how they managed to start doing motion design. I want to change my specialty. So I'm moving a little bit towards my goal. The next step is to complete the courses. They are expensive, but I think that https://mr.bet/at will help me with this as always. I can often get there a large amount of money quickly. So I think I will succeed.
  • Options
    Back in lockdown here again for two weeks. Hopefully that will be all it is for. Last time I was able to work, but this time, hairdressing salons have to close too.
    The weather is awful, so good lockdown weather.
    Plenty to do in Sim Land - sorted!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Had great news about the hubs' health condition and new options that have become possible that could really make a difference for him.

Frustrated with my attempts to hunt down a Covid shot because they are walk-in, everywhere, free of charge, but once I admit my allergic history each place tries to pass me on to some other place, have run the gamut from "call your doctor" (doctor doesn't give Covid shots for some strange reason?) to doctor's office saying "call the hospital and do it there" to the hospital telling me to sign up through a website that had no offerings anywhere near where I live, to another hospital transferring me a few times to different people before finally telling me someone would call me back, which they never did. I will probably have to walk into a hospital tomorrow and just ask. Surely that's the one place where even if someone has to stand over me with an epi-pen in case, I could still get it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Had great news about the hubs' health condition and new options that have become possible that could really make a difference for him.

Frustrated with my attempts to hunt down a Covid shot because they are walk-in, everywhere, free of charge, but once I admit my allergic history each place tries to pass me on to some other place, have run the gamut from "call your doctor" (doctor doesn't give Covid shots for some strange reason?) to doctor's office saying "call the hospital and do it there" to the hospital telling me to sign up through a website that had no offerings anywhere near where I live, to another hospital transferring me a few times to different people before finally telling me someone would call me back, which they never did. I will probably have to walk into a hospital tomorrow and just ask. Surely that's the one place where even if someone has to stand over me with an epi-pen in case, I could still get it.

It's ridiculous, isn't It. I got my first jab a week ago today. Next one on September 15.
    They have been so slow rolling them out here.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Just got through a heatwave here. And I get my second Covid shot on July 11.
    EvilBugs_CovidShot.jpg
    On the serious side - it's only a flu-shot size needle.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Just got through a heatwave here. And I get my second Covid shot on July 11.
    EvilBugs_CovidShot.jpg
    On the serious side - it's only a flu-shot size needle.

Hoping I won't be far behind you on getting my first.
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top