Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me, or do you guys also thought the Grim Reaper career was the most voted for?

So, the new pack is coming and we know what we are getting. Honestly, I love it very much so far, but what bugs me the most is that in the past year the thing I've seen everyone on twitter and here asking about Happy Haunts was the grim reaper career. And, the Paranormal SP seems to be bringing everything mashed up together besides the grim reaper career.
Is it just me, or do you guys also thought the Grim Reaper career was the most voted for in the last community voted SP (besides Knitting)?
Anyway, I like the Paranormal SP, I just hope the reaping career comes in a future pack. I wouldn't mind a 3rd supernatural stuff pack in the next few years :P

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    I think we might get more happy haunts stuff later in form of another occult gp or as side features to random eps or updates

it felt like they quite skilledly dodged the most asked features here keeping some in their enormous sleeves of mystery content

but then again that might just be me wishing it was bigger pack of awesomeness
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Simmingal I also think HH should've been a game pack, at least. But, how fair would that be for them to release a SP for the most voted theme (Knitting) and a game pack for the second one (Happy Haunts)?!
    Anyway, I don't see how they could introduce a grim reaper career in werewolves GP, fairies gp, or whatever, but... i still want that haha
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I dont think we'll see the end of paranormal/ghostly content. Since Fear is coming to bg, I cant help but think this will open the door for more packs to utilize it. Im gonna stay optimistic that a Grim reaper career makes an appearance.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Based on Forum Chatter, I would have expected Grim Reaper. But based on Forum Chatter, Granny Chic should have been the winning art style.

The Forums aren't as large a percentage of the Sims fandom as it seems, and there's a fair amount of overlap between the Forums here and other On-line fangroups for the Sims. So what we hear on the Forums may not actually represent the Fandom at large. At least not to the extent that it seems.

All we know about the previous vote is that it was very close between Arts and Crafts (with Knitting as the preferred game play) and Happy Haunts, and we don't know what the distribution was for the gameplay options within Happy haunts.

My first choice was Psychic, followed by Ghost Hunter and then the Senace board. I think Grim came after those, because it's just not something that appeals to me. (Haunted lot trait was last because we already had that. Though the way they're doing it here looks better.)

Apparently, it wasn't as uncommon a position as I thought.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i don't think there was enough budget for it to be on this sp but i'm sure devs are still considering the idea given how popular it is
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    Forgeron wrote: »
    So, the new pack is coming and we know what we are getting. Honestly, I love it very much so far, but what bugs me the most is that in the past year the thing I've seen everyone on twitter and here asking about Happy Haunts was the grim reaper career. And, the Paranormal SP seems to be bringing everything mashed up together besides the grim reaper career.
    Is it just me, or do you guys also thought the Grim Reaper career was the most voted for in the last community voted SP (besides Knitting)?
    Anyway, I like the Paranormal SP, I just hope the reaping career comes in a future pack. I wouldn't mind a 3rd supernatural stuff pack in the next few years :P

I agree, I thought the grim reaper was the most voted on career too, I am glad it is the psychic one myself, as that is what I was wanting. But, I do wonder if they are planning on a bigger pack with a grim reaper career. And I’m wondering with that one if it will come with a graveyard.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I think a change in the Grim Reaper character would have to be made universal in a Patch and useful in all the packs. It might be a bit of a mess otherwise. Cemeteries would best come this way too. It could make things simpler for the Maxis team to do it that way.

What do I know though. I just want my cemetery! :'(
  • HyalophoraHyalophora Posts: 29 Member
    I don't think this pack was intended to be Happy Haunts, which I think will come later in GP form. I think this is just a supernatural stuff pack.
  • Wiggles007Wiggles007 Posts: 40 Member
    I have every pack, but this one I'll take a pass on.

Hyalophora wrote: »
    I don't think this pack was intended to be Happy Haunts, which I think will come later in GP form. I think this is just a supernatural stuff pack.

I expect a Generations pack coming later then. To be called "From the cradle to the grave!"

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited January 2021
    I mean most obvious would be to introduce funerals,graveyards and additional grimmy play together in either pack of its own or generations or even update cause you have to perish eventually unless you're immortal ofcourse

if it was separate pack it could be paired perfectly with gothic stuff people have also been wanting

also if they make medieval themed pack there was different type of grimmy in sims medieval too so who knows

I was also rather hoping more psychic stuff but i think they used to pair it as more of a romance/hobby thing before where it was more about love fortunes and horoscopes and that stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm actually glad it's not included. When we originally did the survey it was the least appealing option to me. I'm not against paranormal stuff being added in the game it's just that I found the whole grim reaper career way to far fetched.
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I only voted for Happy Haunts for the Grim Reaper career. I probably won’t buy this pack since it’s not included.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    It kind of sounds a bit too much for them. I see how it could work, but could the Sims team make it work is the question. Would they be a new occult, a Reaper? Wouldn’t they technically be like angels or demons? Maybe too religious for them? I don’t know, just my input. :)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    I agree with others. This is not the end. Lately I notice they like to combine themes and ideas.
    Well,I guess they always did but they are getting better at the combinations imo.
    They are probably saving the grim reaper for another more suitable pack.
    This looks like they combined the psychic and ghost hunting together which were both popular too. Especially the psychic.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2021
    @InuMiroLover I hope they rework the whims and reintroduce the "Wants & Fears" from SIms 2. The fears woudl affect our sims "scared" emotion or something like that. hehe
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Forgeron wrote: »

I agree, I thought the grim reaper was the most voted on career too, I am glad it is the psychic one myself, as that is what I was wanting. But, I do wonder if they are planning on a bigger pack with a grim reaper career. And I’m wondering with that one if it will come with a graveyard.

@SheriSim57 hmmmm, now you got me wondering. Maybe they could be planning to make that "DANGEROUS STUFF" idea from the first community voted stuff pack into a pack including the grim reaper career!

The description was this one: "Live life on the edge by subjecting your Sims to new dangers that celebrate the afterlife. Potential areas of focus include Sim deaths, funeral experiences, and the Grim Reaper".

@Babykittyjade maybe they could include zombies in the "Dangerous Stuff", if thats going to happen. Maybe it could be a consequence of you doing something during your life and you either turned into a ghost or a zombie.
    Hyalophora wrote: »

@Hyalophora I don't see how it isn't Happy Haunts. It has all the features in it, besides the grim reaper career (and that they changed the Haunted House lot trait to a Haunted House lot type).

@Sharonia maybe the grim reaper career wasn't as popular as the internet made it seem.

@Amj1995 I'm not sure what I would expect from a career like that, how it would work and all, but I was kinda curious to know.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It seemed very popular on this forum but I’m not sure if that was the same elsewhere. I wanted the psychic career and seance table as second choice.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    It seemed very popular on this forum but I’m not sure if that was the same elsewhere. I wanted the psychic career and seance table as second choice.
    This. I remember many pleased about knitting because it gave something for elder sims to do. I voted last for that pack, but hey atleast they’re made it
    I think the Grim Reaper is so essential to all the packs that any changes would have to be made in a Patch to effect all of them. It'll save a lot of coding to include some actions and not include some in various packs.

I'm not an expert on coding though. I gave up after learning Basic pre Windows 95!
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited January 2021
    I wanted ghostbuster over grim reaper career too. I kind of like having the grim reaper just show up and being able to interact with it as an NPC. I'm not sure about playing it.

Has this been done before in past games? How does it work? Is is a rabbit hole or do you travel to a lot when there's been a death and complete a process, maybe take bribes etc.? It just doesn't sound like it would involve as much as trying to get rid of evil spirits, but maybe I'm not imaginative enough.
    Post edited by j1z1 on
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I was one of the ones who voted for the grim reaper career. I really hope it still makes an appearance later on considering everything else on the happy haunts list seems to have made it in to the new pack except that one career. Still surprisingly excited for this pack though.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    At this point, basically every single addition to the game is silly as sin. But yeah, lets keep adding more stuff to a broken game that cant barely handle anything at this point. Stop adding dlcs and try to fix the game!!!. Sigh. And yes im looking also at you consumers, stop asking and getting excited for any dlc!!. You are the one breaking the game dlc after dlc.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2021
    Maybe, I was pretty skeptical when I saw that choice in the survey. They were not gonna mess with the real grim reaper role, that sim is necessary for the game to work properly.

I'm not even sure they could have added some way for you to take care of sims that passes away, it sounds like you would fill your world very quickly with sims and ghosts that would just exist so you can play the career.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I doubt the grim reaper career is off the table just because it's not in this pack. That poll had a tremendous amount of content in it and it's fair to say that's all possible in future expansions.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Grim reaper career seemed quite popular but for me it was the one I wanted the least. I'm pleased they went with the other options.