Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off Topic Chat for OMOWOY Challenge

permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
This is an off-topic chat specifically for the One Month, One World, One Year Challenge posted by @Karababy52 here, but of course anyone who wants to chat with us can join in here!

I thought it might be fun to introduce ourselves!

You can call me Rose (not my real name but it's a nickname I've been using online for years). I'm 27 (though I'll be turning 28 this week!) and live on the East Coast of the US (I'll keep my details broad since I know we aren't supposed to share personal details on the forums). I'm currently working as a nanny, though I have a digital art business and walk dogs on the side. So if I were a sim, my traits would be dog lover, creative, and probably clumsy lol.

Since I do my digital art commissions on the same laptop I play the sims, I can't have both programs running at the same time without a terrible lag on both programs, which is one reason why I'm trying to limit my sims playing this week as I catch up on some of my commissions.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Comments

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yassss! Nice to meet you, Rose^^ My nickname is just Skeilah😂 you pronounce ‘Skei’ like ‘Sky’, so if it’s easier, people can also call me Sky😂

I’m 24 years old, I live in Belgium, my native language is Dutch (Flemish to be more specific). I’m a last year student, majoring in Human Resources. If everything goes “smooth” (given the circumstances), I’ll graduate in June.

I play alto saxophone in my free time, and I write a lot. If I was a Sim, my traits would probably be Cheerful, Creative and Music Lover.

I love that you do digital art! I’ve also tried it but I just can’t draw 😂 I do love things like webdesign and photoshop, as long as I don’t have to draw, everything will be fine.

Also: happy early birthday!!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Skeilah nice to officially meet you! I like to write as well, I just tend to focus more on art when I have the time, so my writing is done very informally- but creating stories for my sims kind of feelings like writing at times, which I really enjoy!

I hope everything goes well and you can graduate as planned! It's been a crazy year indeed, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do myself. I was teaching preschool before covid hit, but going back into the schools right now does not seem like a fun thing to do haha...

Also here is one of my digital doodles, just because it's fun to share!
    5fxQOJh.jpg
    edited January 2021
    Also, would like some opinions for some pack additions to add to my game if you guys want to add your input! I think I will buy something on sale in the next few months

For expansions packs, I’m missing Discover University, Get Famous, Eco Living, and Snowy Escape.

Snowy Escape seems great, might have to go with that if I do a big pack. I’m also interested in DU, but I play with aging off predominantly and don’t want to get a pack I won’t use fully (I have found that Parenthood was a bit of a disappointment due to my game style). I have very little interest in Eco Living and Get Famous unless someone can convince me otherwise.

For game packs, I’m missing Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Batuu (but not getting that lol), Realm of magic, and Strangerville.

I strangely want Strangerville lol (I’m not a huge fan of occults so I never really tried to get vampires or the magic one) but is strangerville worth it once you play the mystery once? Is there other stuff in the pack that make it worth it? Also if you had to choose magic or vampires, which one is better? Spa Day and Dine Out kind of interest me too but I think I want a pack with a new world
    edited January 2021
    I have everything except for Batuu. I absolutely love DU, and it would come in really handy to try in this very challenge! :D I send some of my YA’s off to uni in my legacy challenge, but I always let them stay home (they won’t move to Britechester). I’m actually super exited to move Bryon there when the time comes!

I’m not going to convince you for EL and GF. I do enjoy GF to the point where my Simself is a celebrity, and I like the Starlight Accolades, but I only have Eco Life because I had high hopes for it and then I got disappointed real bad😂 I turned EL-features off because they are so annoying and I even have some kind of EL mod because that pack was full of annoying stuff and the mod turned everything off for me. I just have that pack for the stuff really.

About StrangerVille: Once the mystery is solved, it’s just another normal world. I enjoyed the story (which I played with my Simself) but after that I stopped playing that safe😂 I think I even deleted it oops. Thanks to that pack I do have a crush on Dylan Sighworth. He’s married and has a daughter but still😂😂

Although I have all the GP’s, I’m not very experienced with spellcasters and vampires. I’m exited to try those out in this challenge as well as my legacy challenge in the future. It’s all still a surprise for me, but I have high hopes for both. I think I would choose spellcasters over vampires. It took me a long time to finally decide to buy vampires.
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    Also, for some reason I always reply backwards, but yeah - I agree that going back to school now is not the most interesting idea now. That doodle is sooooo cute! I have this weird painting of a squirrel and a turtle. I actually invented a kids story once about these two becoming friends, but I never really made anything of it afterwards. Turtle is like always grumpy and down to earth while squirrel is super cheery and doesn't really know when to stop xD
    WzRNH6d.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I picked my forum name awhile back because I'm pretty reclusive.. an over the top introvert really. I'm on the east coast in America.
    I'm old enough to be a grandma, but I'm not. My kids are in college and seemingly happily single and not looking.
    Been playing the sims since the original ... I played Sims 1 and 2 voraciously. I didn't care for 3, I think in part because I played the first two and it was a big change to me trying to enjoy 3. When this one came out I connected to the sims again and have been here ever since. I have all the packs.
    As a simmer I'd like to think I'm a storyteller.. for me it's like playing dolls much of the time and I tell the stories in my head. I'm also kind of a deviant player some of the time and it's hard to describe it on the forums without getting offensive to someone I think so I try to be good here. I usually stick to "regular" play here and probably will for the challenge because I also like to poke and prod into every corner of the game, and when given a push through a challenge I'm more likely to do it, this sort of challenge is perfect for exploring the game as it is and without the kind of embellishment I might give it normally.

I personally love Strangerville @permarose but it's one of those packs that people seem to love or hate. I like weird stuff in my games and it provides it. I've only been through the aspiration once (and will do it again in this challenge). I don't need to reuse aspirations though to find fun in that pack. It comes with a beautiful world ... you can make your sims become possessed with the plant. That's something I can build stories with personally. You can get the world going on a stranger path and leave it at any stage if you aren't fulfilling the aspiration fully. So you'll have stranger weather, the weird plants sprouting ect. Some people wouldn't like it but it's limited to that world unless you chose to bring it to other places. Basically the most invasive it will get is if the possessed sims from that world show up to festivals and it's their time of the night to become possessed.. I think that is around midnight till 2am? Also of course it comes with the military career.. something I have wanted in the game for awhile, some nice sparring techniques/new athletic equipment. I could go on.. like the building stuff is impressive to me, it's kind of american gothic style, you also get a rockabilly type of music station (again personal love), Interesting CAS, and a paranoid trait.
    Also on your list I really love Snowy Escape the best out of the EP's but I have them all and am not disappointed in them. I like to have it all to round out my gameplay and characters.

I'd suggest keeping you eye out for sales though, they come up frequently.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl nice to officially meet you! I love that the sims appeals to players of all ages. I wouldn’t be surprised if I keep playing whatever versions come out for many years to come.

I feel like having a strange world rather than a new occult life form appeals to me more. I was a big fan of the Welcome to Nightvale podcast which featured a town where things weren’t quite right. Also Jules comes from a family of secret agents and her parents died in what might have been foul play, so I feel like I could connect the strangerville story into my gameplay for the this challenge. I think vampires might be my next choice though - I’ve seen a lot of stuff that’s made me warm up to that pack recently too. I know I should buy a pack while they are still on sale right now but I get very addicted when I add a new pack and I’m not ready for that right now lol, I’m immersed enough in the sims as it is. Maybe I’ll buy it and not install it right away...but that would take a lot of self control lol
    Just buy it right before you actually want to play heheheh.

Wish me luck. I have to take an exam tomorrow morning! At the moment my stress level is pretty low, but I'm sure it'll get a boost when I'm on my way to school.
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    @Skeilah good luck on your exams! I'm finishing one up and I've got a couple more to do, I'll be free from it next week! What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

@permanentrose @Skeilah Your doodles are sooo cute! I got a graphics tablet for Christmas and I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.

Also @permanentrose I haven't got much insight to give yet because the new packs I've gotten I haven't explored and it's through this challenge that I'll be able to find out more about the details. I bought Vampires before the Spellcasters purely because I loved vampires before wizards haha. I've yet to fully immerse my Sims into that experience nor assess how much I enjoy each pack.

@Hermitgirl I feel you. I am more introverted than extroverted and the last few times I've taken the MTBI 16 Personalities test, I've come up repeatedly as INJF-A. When I came across your name, I nodded in agreed. I am proficient in hermit mode, where I am happy or maybe content to be by myself sans the husband.

But since being a new mum, I'm finding that I'm constantly missing my baby. Even when he's upstairs sleeping, watching the Mandalorian- I see Baby Yoda (recently just finished season 1), I think of my baby whom I then proceed to miss when all I have to do is go upstairs and give him a cuddle. But I've got uni assignments to do, so really I should be more focused with uni work.

Apologies for my tangents. Thisi s my mini break from revision. Sidenote, I'm curious have you guys taken this MTBI test on 16personalities.com?
    @Hermitgirl Thank you! I study Human Resources, currently in my last year :) I actually had to take that 16-personality test for one of my subjects hahaha! What a coincidence. I’m INFJ.
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Just buy it right before you actually want to play heheheh.

Wish me luck. I have to take an exam tomorrow morning! At the moment my stress level is pretty low, but I'm sure it'll get a boost when I'm on my way to school.

@skeilah Let's hope a sale coincides with ample free time in that case lol. I hope your exam went well!

@Kanindota I've taken that personality test (or something like it) at one point in time, I might try it again though!
    @Kanindota I took the test and this was my result. It said this combination is rare. I feel special lol (but also as the post went on to say "sometimes misunderstood or out of step with the world") That was fun!

YtRJGv5.png