Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of the new Paranormal Stuff pack?

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can’t wait!
    I doubt we'll get any smudging sticks (although that would be cool) but I can still burn incense in game to give me the illusion of the room being cleansed.

You can maybe try placing crystals too :blush: I don't think there's any selenite in the game but maybe you can use amethysts? Although I think thats more for protection than cleansing.
    giphy.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can’t wait!
    Aine wrote: »
    This pack is pretty useless without a fear emotion IMO.

I think we are punished enough with constant sadness (these death notification calls!), I see no need for more negative emotions or any further emotion at all. Think of how annoying pet fears are in TS4, or thunderstorm tenseness - do you really want more of this?

Yes. It's imbalanced. There are far too many positive emotions and they always take over.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    only if they add toggles to turn off ghost in game add more choices in furniture appliances clothes hairstyle retro content for furniture appliances ect
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can’t wait!
    I do realize that this is a stuff pack, but considering the disappointment in so many recent releases, I would have thought that this pack would include werewolves. Seriously, how long must users request this before it becomes a reality? Personally, I could care less about having werewolves, but I know that I am in the minority. My excitement about it would be that perhaps we would finally get body hair for our sims as well. I guess I am just disappointed for the other players, and it also seems like there are no really new ideas. Consider that the laundry pack and nifty knitting could have been one pack. Supernatural and this paranormal stuff pack could have been one pack. Instead of giving users a more complete pack, we are getting things piece-meal and having to pay for each small improvement. For all of the renewed communication, this release just really let me down. I thought maybe they were actually, finally listening to us players.

We'll probably get werewolves eventually. But werewolves in a stuff pack? Can't happen. Too much work required in making a new life state, so it wouldn't fit in the budget for a stuff pack.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I can’t wait!
    It sounds really good for a stuff pack, I'm excited for this one. :)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited January 2021
    whoa whoa, if the fear emotion comes with it, I will pick it up. I am still debating on the when. HRMMMM feels like they are trying to mix the ghosthunter and paranormal career in one. I hate that. I would have rather had two separate careers which is why I think they should have done a game pack instead of the stuff pack. The pack feels a bit meh to me but I am very interested in the fear emotion.

One last but important thing, this also could have been a good time to give us the graveyard lot type already SHEESH. I feel like there are so many basic things missing from this game.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    I can’t wait!
    @keekee53 , fear/scared emotion is basegame patch.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I was torn between it's okay and looks pretty good but went with pretty good because I tend to like this sort of stuff. I'm not purchasing it but I do like what I see.

My only minor issue with it is that I wish it looked a bit more serious and scary than it does considering the theme. My major issues would have more to do with the base game than the pack itself which is something I can't overlook and that I feel will bring down the pack, unfortunately.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    I'm actually pretty excited about it, but I have a lot of packs already and play a little bit less than I used to, so I'm going to make myself wait for a sale. But it will probably be the first time it goes on sale.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Stuff packs are usually cheaper than the other packs, and I see enough here to warrant buying it
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    This how some people may view how EA/Maxis going to prolong Sims 4 run by releasing items or stuff that could have been released in the Spooky Stuff SP, I looked at this as Spooky Stuff 2.0 and it has been done with previous packs already. I do not go goo goo over SPs even if in an old version for it is just items which Sims 4 is built on anyway. I will wait for an sale as I do plan on getting it as I do not pay the asking price.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I'm normally a realistic player but this actually looks pretty fun. Plus the CAS and BB stuff looks really nice.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I'll probably enjoy the game play for about 5 minutes, but the new furnishings look awesome & love that last hairstyle they showed. (The blonde one)
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It looks fun. I will probably get it. I still wish we would get more supernatural life states but it looks fine. Also if we can get an official maid outfit that would be awesome.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @keekee53 , fear/scared emotion is basegame patch.

ty even better. Now I don't have to rush to get it unless I find out something more intriguing. Right now all I wanted was fear LOL.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I can’t wait!
    It so has that Sims 3 Supernatural vive.
    I'm so excited for the Ghost Hunter Career, the Crystal Ball & Bonehilda to be finally in Sims 4. :p
  • moodyquiteshymoodyquiteshy Posts: 1 New Member
    It sounds interesting, so I will buy.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I’m actually pretty keen for this one!!

Any modders out there know if it will be possible to mod the goofy little ghouls into something spooky though? They’re too cute for my liking.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    This pack is pretty useless without a fear emotion IMO.

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?!? NO WAAAAY
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It looks pretty good! I am just wondering about the CAS..it doesn't look spooky, and it looks a bit like the Strangerville tops? But some parts of CAS DO look awesome.

Personally, I just REALLY hope we can do some ghostbusting with the paranormal career, but I don't expect that. So I'm a little disappointed, because that's just what I loved to do in the sims 3.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    It looks pretty good! I am just wondering about the CAS..it doesn't look spooky, and it looks a bit like the Strangerville tops? But some parts of CAS DO look awesome.

Personally, I just REALLY hope we can do some ghostbusting with the paranormal career, but I don't expect that. So I'm a little disappointed, because that's just what I loved to do in the sims 3.

I imagine they were going for the old style 🐸🐸🐸🐸 look? I'm not feeling CAS but no big deal.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I think so too @Babykittyjade. I think it will be fine though. Looks good to me! <3
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I'm not as interested in ghosts, but the actual objects are absolutely beautiful!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    It looks pretty good
    My hope is that this pack is the first in many supernatural-themed packs this year, 2020 was the year of normal gameplay, it's time for occult gameplay to be front and centre.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It looks pretty good
    The BB objects look really nice! And I love any new lot traits.