Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @SoulGal7 I actually forgot that frog breeding was an option so I need to start doing that! There’s a lot of little interactions like that I tend to forget about the more packs I get. It’s fun to rediscover little things and also figure out new things or use things in a different way than usual for a challenge like this. I’ve never committed to a challenge before so I’m excited to see how long I can stick to this one - having other people to chat with and share updates with is helping!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member

Hi everyone :)
    I had huge migraine yesterday, and looks like today is not going to be any better, so I only reply to mentions now, hopefully can sneak in couple of updates later, and will comment on pictures tomorrow :)

About Melody, if someone want's to download her, I'll look after tomorrows SP info first, as I play offline, and am not patched , and depends on the next SP (will I buy it or not), will I patch or not. I know I still can upload without patching, but, turned out Melody indeed has CC skintone , and as I have not patched the skintone update, I am in mercy of the old game skintones, and oh boy there was nothing even close to her cc one :)
    I did give her one, slightly darker skintone, and I will upload that if I decide to not get the next SP :) I also have to take my mods out, as I have some outfithiders, and unlock mods, what will cause the CC wrench to show up, no matter if the sim has CC or not :)

@Kanindota , thank you :) hehe, it is more like I am organised and poor Melody just has to do what I tell her to do :p And yes indeed that school uniform changes to different one, daily.. I tested it and let her nap at couch and only wash her hands, so she would keep her uniform till next morning, and when school time, she still changed it to another one :)
    @permanentrose , thank you :) Haha yes I added 2 more chess tables and still all were in circle around her and Elsa (who won, btw). But on her next visit, those tables were in use too :)
    @Karababy52 , thank you :) Yay for Snapdragons and Strawberries, indeed, as when you craft those, you get pitayas !! Tho she is allowed now to only have 2 bushes of each vegetable, pitaya garden would be too easy solution, and I need this to be a challenge :)
    @Skeilah , thank you :) My galleryid is TaruHannele, but there is not pretty much anything there, as I am not a builder :)
    @SoulGal7 ,Thank you :) Yes I am pretty sure she has found almost all wild plants there is, There is some around at those hiking places too. and pretty much near of every house. I usually look for them when it is dark, as those wild plants have that sparkling effect, easier to spot them when fark :) And LMAO, no I did not noticed those "horns" until you mentioned :joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2021
    The final comments on everyone's stories, and then I am caught up...for now! lol

@Skeilah - Love Bryon with his blue hair and I love the diary entries. Nice and short. One day, I will have to try that style, although mine probably wouldn't be nice and short like yours. Nothing like starting in the winter on a rags to riches. The challenge is hard, but Bryon definitely has it harder. Gardening is gold - a great way to start. And I forgot about selling those school projects once they get credit for them. Thanks for the tip. You know, buying that tent was a good idea, especially if you need a tent for the Mountain Excursion. Sakura should have started that way, too, but, oh well, I wanted her to have a house. And Sakura agrees, Kyoshi is an interesting guy! lol Part-time jobs are great and he looks so...um...flirty in his work uniform...do you want something MORE than fries with that???!!! lol And of course I commented on that snowpal destroyer! Bryon part of Partihaus - I can see that - so glad he made some friends. Too bad none of them are teens. Naoki Sato - is this an NPC or one you downloaded? Great, he has some rock climbing skills and that he gave you a book. Perhaps this is the one you'll be going on that Mountain Excursion with! And he takes Bryon for a mountain climb and Bryon just isn't ready. Poor Bryon. But hiking...now that sounds like a plan. Let's hope that the forest of creepy crawlies doesn't descend upon Bryon all at once! He's getting there...way to go Bryon!

@Kanindota - River is very cool, and another teen starting in winter on a rags to riches in Sulani. One of my favorite worlds. Great news on the WordPress blog. I have one, but am using it for a Bachelor Challenge, so just prefer to do my posts for this challenge here. Love that shot of the book in the sand - his way of bookmarking his reading. And River dying in the river...sad :( Okay, so he was somehow resurrected! Yes! ) Day 3-10 - I love that photo of the tent on the beach. That doesn't actually look like a hardship if you ask me. Ahhh...beach life :) Ideas for the screenies, He gets rescued, someone brings him to the hospital, and then comes out and sees --- two sims kissing --- hmmm...perhaps he is lonely or is thinking about someone or someone is cheating on him. The next two shots - is this River, with a shaven head? And who is this ghost? Maybe this is the sim he is thinking about who passed away. Or, they were both swimming, and River got saved and the other sim didn't. River looks rather sad in the last two shots. And he's moved to Mt. Komorebi in the winter. River, take some advice here, don't swim in the Wakaba River in winter. Looking forward to the story of the NEW River.

@Ellupelluellu - So sorry you are not feeling well. I just wanted to comment on something you wrote earlier. I saw that you are skipping Del Sol Valley because of the lot size. What lot size did you make your house in Mt. Komorebi? Would Vanessa Jeong's lot work better? If so, what you can do is go into her character, save the house to your gallery. And then plunk that house on the opposite Inner Circle vacant lot and have Vanessa live there instead. Then Vanessa's old lot will be empty. Will that work?

@Karababy52 - Day 11 - I love the photos of the bamboo trees with the frost on them. Gorgeous! And that one of Tessa in mid-fall - that was a good stop pause shot! Kudos! And she got the bug bites she wanted! And survived. I did read something about having better fitness skills will help you ward off the bugs. And that Josh is so protective of her. That's sweet :)
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7 , No, not DSV, I will skip San Myshuno :) As the house just not fit there :) And I kind of want her to spend full month at Selvadorada. Hehe sorry if I have said Del Sol Valley :) In DSV I will use the empty lot opposite to Vanessa :) Currently the lot is.. the small empty one at Mt. Komorebi, only 20x15 ?

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Day 11
    Kq9opge.png
    When I got Roxanne that little house I figured I'd put a garden in the open area with the roof over it so she started on that this week. Otherwise she just puttered around, going to school, having friends over for social, fixing things that broke ect. She had some random townie come into her house and the bathroom while she was showering so she locked the doors for the rest of that day! She also got hysterical at one point and I thought that jogging to clear her mind would work, but just saw the little arrows indicating that the jog was increasing her mood. When I stopped her she went into the beginning of the death laugh pose.. but then just snapped out of it. Whew, that scared me! It's strange for me, incidents like this .. I love to hate them I think.
    Extras:
    yHOmfXI.png
    yo66X1W.png
    4DILS5r.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Hermitgirl Ooff, okay! I really can't play that long at once. I'm enjoying the one Sim-day = one real-day a lot more, but of course that's personal opinion. I don't think I would hold out a whole year if I played more.

@permanentrose You mean Naoki as the guide? Yeah! I'm actually very exited seeing Bryon and Naoki together. Bryon being the brain and Naoki being the hands. They'll help each other out a lot more! I can imagine them already going to school in April and Naoki being like 'what is all this homework...?' xD And yeah, maybe there's more between them. Time will find out.

Hmm, I get that. I'm curious to find out what you'll do with the two of them!!

@Karababy52 You may be right there^^ It's so funny - maybe he'll finally find out why it didn't work out with all these girls. Bryon absolutely wouldn't do this things if it wasn't for Naoki. Bryon is not adventurous at alllll! But together with Naoki, I think he can face everything :)

@Ellupelluellu I hope you'll feel better soon! I know everything about migraine. I mostly suffer from it in the Summer. About Melody, yay! I'm exited to add her in my game :)

@SoulGal7 Thank you! I really want to try and get the one-photo per day vibe instead of also adding other photo's as extra's. I'm glad to hear I seem to succeed. Your story is super strong in whichever way you write! Just choose what feels best for you ^^ Oh yes!! I wanted a gardening place for Bryon, but I started in Winter and it was too cold for plants to grow. I'll set up a little gardening space for him tomorrow :D

I was actually thinking of re-aging the members of Partihaus to teenagers, but MCCC all married them off to someone so I guess I'll just leave them Young Adults. Maybe I just keep them the same age as Bryon when Bryon ages up.

Naoki Saito is an NPC that the game automatically created for me. At some point, he was just there. Poof! (he was YA at first but I re-aged him as soon as I saw him heheheh). He's currently not living in a lot. Maybe I'll make the story so that Naoki is on a world tour for the moment and he'll take Bryon with him. Chances are big that Naoki is going to live with Bryon soon.

@Hermitgirl Hehe I saw that you just posted your story. Gardens are always a good idea! I approve. Oh no, poor Roxi! I also would lock the door if that happened to me! Oof, I never saw the death laugh pose, that sounded scary! I'm happy she snapped out of it.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl Lol, gotta love those townies that wander into your house. I may have to start locking Jules’ door now. Have we confirmed yet if teens can die emotional deaths?? I know a few of us have brought this up. Jules’ hot-headed trait pushes her into the “very angry” some frequently and I’m sure she’d die of cardiac arrest immediately if she managed to slip into the enraged zone. Might have to move her BF in with her soon so I have some security to fall back on if she dies lol

@Skeilah I’m excited for Bryon and Naoki to explore their relationship potential and might just have to let my gay relationship loving heart live vicariously through you while I have Jules in a boring straight relationship 😆 ok that’s not fair, I actually do have several straight sim relationships I enjoy, so maybe Mario just isn’t “the one” or Jules just isn’t ready for a serious relationship yet

Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited January 2021
    Will my update posting time ever been consistent? Probably not :D I technically double posted yesterday since I did a morning and evening update, but since I'm several days behind everyone, I figure that's okay.

Anyway, on to Jules' adventure for today.

Also @Ellupelluellu I hope you are feeling better, by the way!

--

Update 7 - Romance in the air!

BeO9UWb.jpg

Notes:
    So the main family I play in this save lives in Willow Creek as well. They are the sims featured in my signature photo. Their house is literally a treasure trove of activities and need fillers, so I did avoid visiting them for a while since it seemed too easy to glean resources from them. They live in the neighborhood with the tree that leads to the Sylvan Glade though, and since I've been sending Jules there to finish her fishing aspiration and using their lot as travel destination to get there, I decided she might as well make friends with the Douglas-Goldstein family - consisting of my favorite couple, Rose and Carrie, and their daughters Beatrix (child) and Isla (toddler) and also their cute pets Maeby (dog) and Juniper (cat) based off of my real life pets ️

Swinging with Beatrix
    GGM3urE.png

Chatting with good ol' Patchy
    bl95AZ2.png

Conversing with their toilet
    OvWhoHP.jpg

Foosball with Rose
    m4vJIDE.png

Needless to day, Jules' social need was not suffering today.

Also, it was Love Day! So Jules asked Mario out on a date. I also wanted her to fulfill the holiday goals so she could get more aspiration points.

They had a lovely time at Magnolia Blossom Park and a very successful date if I do say so myself. The weather in my game is getting really nice as spring comes to an end.
    kJGGw8i.jpg

A shorter update than usual, but I felt like this was a good place to end things for now. Also I want to try not to be so long winded every time LOL.

I know I've said that I'm feeling blah about Mario and Jules' relationship, but when I look back on these posts I've written up, I am enjoying how cute they are. I don't need to commit to marriage or anything lol, I'm just gonna let Jules' have a fun teen fling :)

Simoleon count: 6,736 (Jules autonomously collected some harvestables on the Douglas-Goldstein lot, which they were more than happy to share - they are literally swimming in simoleons lol. I stopped her before she harvested the fruit from the money tree though. That felt too much like cheating)
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Day 11 -
    day11.png

Notes
    A short one from me today, he went exploring and went wandering around played chess in the park. His needs are often on the red so I definitely am trying to ensure he stays alive. Though it's been a struugggllee but he's surviving. I'm enjoying your guesses. I want to write it all out first but there were some pretty good guesses.

I've got exams on at the moment so my notes and my commenting may be sparse but know that I am enjoying reading your Sim's progress! That's it from me for now <3 I've published my WordPress to live here. If you have time to spare it'd be great to hear some feedback and feel free to wander into the story bit, that'd be lovely.
    @Kanindota River deserves a long nap after the trauma he went though! I am excited to read the whole story when you post it :)

And good luck with your exams!

@Skeilah , thank you :)
    @permanentrose , thank you, yes a bit :) And about double posting.. heh I am posting 3 updates in here.. so I think that is totally okay :D I do not like to be so behind :)

MOfUsmP.png
    (Weekend, so no more uniforms :) )

Melody Connors, day 7

Start funds 503 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 287 simoleons.
    House value: ?????????
    tzU1t5S.png
    Morning is the gardening time.
    3rsX9ZN.png
    And then the "mandatory" one... hey, at least from different angle, haha.
    KrcCswf.png
    Now some aspiration stuff..
    ZUw1yIJ.png
    Onsen..

(this was the point, when MCCC informed that certain happy vampire couple had just got married! No, NO! I exited instantly, went to manage households.. deleted Vlad, problem solved!)

w5YAvkX.png
    c2R2lTn.png
    Snowpal... (that was not aspirationg thing.. I just wanted her to make it :p )
    u56cmAk.png
    zCRb7dp.png
    Festival clothing :)
    FWX3b05.png
    She has a bed now :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

uITuv5Z.png

Melody Connors, day 8

Start funds 287 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 4 simoleons.
    House value: ?????????
    HKsGrnx.png
    Early Sunday morning, but lets do the homework ready now.
    FwiM2C9.png
    Garden is doing great, she fished that yellow flower, what's English name just escaped from my head... Soon I will have to make order to chaos, and redo the garden a bit.
    lbUyA9G.png
    You would never guessed, right??? :joy:
    HziXrYT.png
    mGPPdce.png
    Off to play chess.. this time with Summer Holiday's uncle, Joey , made by @AlwaysAsking Joey was not so happy to loose :p

4zMVZW5.png
    j4EVtwh.png
    9GI1r6i.png
    Just having a nice Sunday :)
    nyz2Qlx.png
    K1feMeQ.png
    snYTMFc.png
    Back at home , now aren't you glad I made you to do your homework this morning, you do not have time to sleep much!

(NOTE: I forgot that grill was from JA, replaced it with basegame one later)

oMd0EfP.png
    sQpmlRC.png
    And the house was updated :) YAY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

tCqCFZw.png
    (Ugh.. dull color again... )

Melody Connors, day 9

Start funds 4 simoleons.
    End of the day funds 140 simoleons.
    House value: 11105 simoleons
    cdZ5jU7.png
    House had a little different shape.. still 32 grids :)
    z3BjcGW.png
    Back from school.. now with a headache (I feel you girl).
    hMw0DAj.png
    6TYuPkZ.png
    CJt1U2G.png
    As this world does not have a library, and she is not allowed to travel, and I was too lazy to make her to go and use other families computers, I added 2 to that otherwise pretty useless table. She bought medicine and played a bit.
    zaGdN9f.png
    DsLHoCH.png
    Wending machine refused to give her that apple she bought. (she did get it later)
    DkspPaI.png
    Rest of the day... NEW camera angle at least !! :p

@Ellupelluellu Great updates, I love the different angles of the fishing shots! I totally admire those of you who are doing one sim day per real day, I have no self-control. If I log onto my game, I'm gonna plow through at least a sims week LOL. But as I settle into this challenge, I may try that out just to savor my gameplay a little more and also since I think I'm gonna need to slow down Jules' time to match up with real time a little better. I literally flew through like 28 sim days when I played a ton this weekend, which really got me attached to Jules and in the flow of playing this kind of challenge, but I think I need to slow things down going forward

Melody's house is very nice, I love the style and furnishings! Having computers nearby is essential. I don't even have room for a desk in Jules' tiny house right now lol, but I think I'm gonna renovate a bit soon to make an outdoor bathroom that won't technically add to the tile count so she can have a few more commodities inside.
    @permanentrose , oh Melody did not have either room or money for computers, those are in the same park I added more chesstables :)

@permanentrose , oh Melody did not have either room or money for computers, those are in the same park I added more chesstables :)

@Ellupelluellu That makes sense. Gotta make those community lots useful. Jules' has been going to the Willow Creek Library for that - thankfully I never deleted that lot haha
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose Thanks for your input! I think I like doing my notes this way better too. At least it's better than just a giant set of notes to read every time since I can't seem to curb my tendency to write way more than I should. :D

Yeah, these two are very into each other, it's clear to see, but they'll have to wait to show their true feelings until the game will let them. That's okay, they'll have a good time together getting even closer in the meanwhile. Josh surprises me though, I'm glad the game at least let's him flatter her. Showing off his muscles is a bit much though, but I think it's hilarious! :D

It's a bit tough trying to write about things out of your comfort zone or when you don't have any kind of experience in the subject, I completely understand that. I see you've had them go on a date and share a first kiss now though. Cool! Glad she's been able to spend even more time with your other Sims too. Things are going very well for her eh? :)

@Ellupelluellu Aw, man, I hope your migraine goes away soon! *Hugs* No worries about Melody, if and whenever you can upload her or if you'd rather not due to everything you mentioned, that's perfectly fine! I play offline too, not for the same reasons, but as a result I very, very rarely upload or download anything from the Gallery unless requested or for a challenge entry. It's cool! :)

Totally understand about trying to limit Melody's garden too. It's very easy to make Sims rich in this game, so you have to set limits like that or it becomes too easy. Especially with garden plants. If I wanted to, I could easily get a Dragonfruit (I'm guessing that's the same thing as a Pitaya in your language?) too, and then Tessa would never need to worry about funds again. However, she does have a profitable garden now, but it'll never make her rich. She's just been saving her garden earnings at the moment to update the house in the Spring.

Love your updates for Melody. I get a kick out of how you always have a fishing screenshot in them! :) Great she has a bed now and I see Mayor Whiskers is still hanging around hoping Melody will share a meal with him. He's such a cute cat, I love him! <3 Those yellow flowers are chrysanthemums. Uncle Joey is cute, even when he's upset. :D Love the update to Melody's house! Good idea putting the laptops on the picnic table in the park! I put a computer in the Onsen after I renovated the reception area with a real desk in another save. Don't think I did that for this challenge. Tessa ended up having enough funds to buy a laptop before she actually needed a computer. The vending machine animations crack me up! The faces they make after shaking/bumping it are so funny! :D

@SoulGal7 I got lucky with pausing at just the right time! I have another of Josh in mid-air too, but already post too many pics as it is, so I left it out. Oh, cool! Thanks for the info. about fitness helping to ward off attacks! Josh is Level 10 in Fitness and I think Tessa is 6 or 7 now. Maybe that was why Tessa wasn't getting attacks then. I think it's very sweet how Josh looks out for her too! I am loving their relationship. Even if in the end they don't get together as a couple, they'll always care about and love each other I think. I hope so anyway. :)

@Hermitgirl Oh I love Roxanne's new garden area! I personally haven't tried those wall planters yet. I meant to, but then I heard they were bugged and after they were fixed in a patch, I just haven't had a inclination to use them. Gah! It's so scary when Teens get overemotional! So, so glad they can't die from that type of death in the game! Ugh, glad I locked Tessa's doors to everyone but household members when I first built it. I read somewhere that townies would do that, walk in uninvited. Especially the mascot for some reason. Great update! :)

@Skeilah Maybe he will! It certainly looks like a possibility. So happy for Bryon if it turns out Naoki is the one for him. Even if he isn't, it's great he's helping him to be a bit more adventurous. :)

@Kanindota Great screenshot of River snoozing in the Onsen! It sounds like he's having a rough time right now, but hey, at least he's still alive! ;) Can't wait to read all about what happened to him and how close were everyone's guesses. :D I've updated the Main post with a link to your blog for you!

Alrighty, I'm going to do another couple laps around the forum, surf the net a bit, watch some LPs and then go play with Tessa and Josh. Have a great rest of your night/day everyone! <3
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 thanks again for such thorough responses! I’n trying to approach Jules from the stand point of a writer and after thinking things through and getting a better feel for her character, I definitely feel like she’s predominantly heterosexual and I might have a small idea brewing for her future and a sim I think she’ll have much more chemistry with - I did kind of rush (and by rush, I mean in real time, since much more time has passed for Jules lol) things with Mario in my game since i thought it would be worth pursuing, but I’m kind of glad the first romance I’m exploring for her won’t be the end game one since I think it will make the real deal feel even more exciting. I know I don’t have to include romance in my game either, but I’m kind of a romantic when it comes to playing the sims and I can’t help myself lol. Also I do have both gay and straight couples that I enjoy playing equally in the sims so while I do feel like I gravitate toward playing lesbian couples, in the end it’s all about the chemistry/storyline I give my sims and that ends up being what makes them engaging to play, not their sexual orientation.

I’m looking forward to your update! I love following Tessa’s (and Josh’s 😘) adventures.

(My birthday is this Saturday and while no one in my family really supports/understands my sims addiction lol/would know what packs to buy me, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for an Amazon gift card I can put toward a new pack!)
    @permanentrose Hahahaha! Not all straight relationships are boring, but for sure all boring relationships are straight :D jk jk.

update 6 - I actually enjoy Mario. Even if he only ends up being a teenage boyfriend for a while, it's nice that he has a little spot in the story. Also, I like that Jules met your signature family!

Conversing with the toilet what? xD

Ahhh, love day, so cute. They even got their first kiss! Yay!

@Kanindota Aha, so River is in fact the almost-bald guy! I took a quick look to your blog. Looks nice! <3 Good luck with your exams!

@Ellupelluellu Your gardening picture made me remember that I need to make a garden too. Thanks for that 'reminder' :P Nawwww you deleted Vlad? xD Poor guy. That's a cute snowpal. Make sure L. Faba doesn't come ruin it like she did in my game.

Day 8 - that cat! <3 You don't play the game in English or did you just forgot the flower name? Hehe that long haircut is very popular. Josh (from Karababy) has it, Naoki (from me) has it, and now Joey also has it. xD

Day 9 - Ohhh that's a nice house! I love how you keep changing the angles in the fishing photo's hahahah! I also add things like computers in community lots. Very essential!

@Karababy52 Oh for sure! Bryon is more into things that you can do at home, and he has the Genius trait which will make him a good student in the future, but Naoki? Not so much xD They'll help each other out a lot, I know for a fact already. Whatever comes next, is really up to them. But I'm rooting for them. And else I'll put my Simself in the game and steal Bryon myself. HAHAHAH.
    January 12th
    01-11-21-11-51-54-am_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    Well, I finally managed to pay my bills. I also bought myself a snowboard. Couldn’t help it. Naoki told me yesterday that I should give it a try. Apparently snowboarding is another hobby of his. How many hobbies can a Sim have?! Anyways, thanks to him I’m broke again. I never even tried snowboarding, but here I am, standing at the top of the slope. I even took a day off of school to practice. Why am I even doing this?! It’s absurd. To end this diary on a good note: after a few hours of practice, I’m getting pretty good! Whooohoooo!
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah nice shot of Bryon!! I like the snowy nighttime backdrop. I am looking forward to seeing the progression of Bryon and Naoki’s relationship (and I like that Naoki is helping him/keeping him company as he works through his aspiration!) or if you add your simself for him later, that would be a fun twist lol. I’m all about romances that have good chemistry and a good story - that’s what makes them good in the end :)

Edit - I also like Mario too (and he’s super cute ;))! He has a good storyline in my universe. I’m just finding I don’t feel that spark I want between him and Jules - at least not yet. Time will tell many things :)

Update 8 - Achieving Aspirations

QyEilES.jpg

Notes:
    Even though Jules is on her way to being weatherproof, I still thought it would be cute to give her some rain gear for when she fishes/does outdoor activities when the weather isn't so ideal.

Jules decided to add some more homey touches to her house and replace some of her furniture.
    5rh65yn.png
    qGhctax.png
    LpqU7fh.jpg

She's bonding with the Douglas-Goldstein family. I just can't help myself. It's fun to interact with my favorite family through the eyes of another sim. Plus, like I said, their house is a great place to fill up needs. They always have gourmet leftovers in the fridge, and there's 4 sims and 2 pets to interact with for social and fun needs, along with a lot of fun objects and activities to interact with and build skills.
    LW0IvB1.png
    A23LPVz.png
    dYwkLBl.png
    t6GXFij.png

She completed her Angling Ace aspiration, yay! I'm going to aspiration hop between the Curator and Freelance Botanist aspirations now, which I should have been doing all along lol.

Relaxing to reward herself for completing her aspiration
    ATrbHsf.png

Simoleon count: 2,683
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2021
    January - Day 12: High Intensity

l9CMryr.png

Notes:
    yOgLHTP.png
    The first day of the second week of Winter turned out to be filled with blue skies and sunshine. Normally, that would be a good thing. But, Tessa needed an icy day and/or a day that included a thundersnow storm to climb the medium walls in Yukimatsu. Since it was a beautiful day and she and Josh were already there anyway, I decided to check and see if Tessa could do a high intensity snowboard run on the expert slope instead and Josh would try out the easy snowboard slope, just for fun, since he didn't have any skills for that sport.

Surprisingly, even though she's only Level 4 in snowboarding, she could indeed give it a try! \o/ She made the first jump easy peasy and stuck the landing. Look at her face, she's hyped for the next ramp! Get it Tessa!

g5A5cXB.png
    "Wooooo Hooooo, I'm Queen of the slopes!"

DeMsAKM.png
    "Uh oh..."

gXdfeQu.png
    "Oof, ow, ow, ow, ow, OWWwww!"

I guess the 'Queen' fell off her throne. :D

bmBbymy.png
    Josh didn't do any better either.
    "Ow, ow, ow, ow, dangit! That's gonna leave a mark."

I don't know if it was because Tessa fell at the end, or if the weather ALSO had to be bad on the high intensity runs, but the aspiration goal didn't complete. I thought the weather part was only for the rock climbing. I checked the calendar and the next windy/snowy day, most likely a blizzard, is the day after Winterfest in 3 days. She'll come back to the mountain then and try again.

obrl8I1.png
    "What should we do now? It's a nice day, why waste it?"
    "Let's go for another hike on the scenic loop. Take it slow and enjoy ourselves, maybe work out some tense muscles that way?"
    "Sounds good, let's go."

8NjUTBU.png
    "This was such a great idea! It's so beautiful here! Thanks for the back rub too, it helps."

LXOPgR4.png
    "Anytime, Snow Bros forever, right? High Five!"
    (They did that autonomously! Aww!)

2QD7YC1.png
    "I love the scenery too, especially the beautiful one right here in front of me."

QWjUmgO.png
    "You always say the sweetest things to me! You think I'm beautiful?"

04xSr2t.png
    "Of course, I never say things I don't mean Tessa. I'm very proud of you too. You're a natural on the climbing walls. And, man oh man, watching you fly in the air on the slopes, clinging to that snowboard for dear life, screaming your head off from the thrill of it all? I felt like I was going to burst and just wanted to, to, grab you, hold you close and give you a soft... warm...

yMmoBG7.png
    ...hug...in congratulations!

But then you fell."

4rnCjkn.png
    "Hey! You fell too, we both did!"
    I know, I guess we both need more practice. Let's go home, I can't feel my feet anymore."

I sent them home to rest after that. They read some skill books for awhile, had a bite to eat and Tessa went to bed. Josh was playing his guitar and singing to increase that skill when I closed the game for this session.

Have a great day/night everyone! I'm excited to find out everything about the new SP, it sounds promising! I hope the leaked description is accurate. :) I'll be back later this evening to reply and comment. *Hugs* <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Karababy52 I can’t wait for the day that Tessa ages up lol. She’s gonna smoosh her face into Josh’s the moment she blows out those candles :D

Waiting for the weather to comply for certain challenges or ideas you want to play out is a pain lol. I will admit to using the weather changing machine/MCCC cheats when playing other households to get the desired weather effect I want for screen shots or gameplay lol. But I have been very good about accepting whatever comes my way when I play Jules (weather related and otherwise) It does make the challenge more satisfying for sure to have to actually take what the game throws at you. Also hot-headed sims get a lot angrier when you aren’t cheating to fill their needs all the time. It’s gonna be a while before I’ll spend my hard earned aspiration points on a retraining potion, but I’m keeping that filed away so she can “mature” out of that trait ;)
    edited January 2021
    January (Wednesday) Day 11: I'm An Adrenaline Seeker ~ Whoosh!

sakura-snowboard-level-5.png
    Now that Kiyoshi has moved in, they can work on their rock climbing skills together. But first, I had them both take a vacation day from school. Sakura tended her garden (she's now Gardening-Level 2), and researched rock climbing handhold techniques on the computer. Kiyoshi spent time reading about rock climbing. They also did their homework together and Sakura did her extra credit work. She has an A, so she needs to keep that grade up. She also went for her jog (she is Fitness-Level 5), and found some upgrade parts near the river. When they were greened up, they headed to the small rock climbing wall in Yukimatsu. Kiyoshi, who has the adventurous trait, was gaining rock climbing skill fast. He was almost at the same level as Sakura! When they finished their rock climbing session, Kiyoshi was at level 4 and Sakura was at level 5. They had to green up, so headed to the outdoor rest area. The food stall was closed, so they had to buy something from the vending machine, some hot corn soup for Sakura and Kiyoshi.

kitoshi-level-7.png

Since they both like snowboarding, I was going to have them head down an intermediate or expert slope at high intensity to get another item ticked off on the Trailblazer Level of the Extreme Sports Enthusiast Inspiration for Sakura - Endure an Injury Sustained from Skiing, Snowboarding, or Rock Climbing. Look at those new snow goggles as part of their outfit. I chose for them to go down continuously, but instead of getting injured, Sakura got two new Lifestyles instead! Adrenaline Seeker and Outdoorsy Lifestyle. She now has 3 Lifestyles!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @permanentrose Naoki will be back soon! :D I don't think Bryon would ever climb on a wall or try snowboarding if it wasn't for Naoki. It's just not his style, you know? He's going to hate every minute of this, but in the end, he'll be thankful that Naoki made him do all that crazy stuff.

Hehehehehe I was just imagining myself in that game. I'm a YA so I won't show up until April. Maybe after that point... XD

Yeah, I get what you mean!! I also had this moment once. I have this rule set for myself in most of my games: first friends become lovers. So mostly when my Sims are kids, they make friends from school, and the first one they become friends with will be their lover in the future. Mostly I like this outcome but I've had Sims that invited first friends and I was like 'noooo... That's seriously no match', so then I switch things up in the end until I do 'feel' it.

I like Jules' rain outfit! It's so cute ^^ and the house is still so adorable! Now that I see that house, I'm actually on my way building a small house for Bryon too! :D

Oh man that doggie outfit. I think I'm in love.

@Karababy52 Do you play with pixel settings on max? I always have the feeling like your pictures look much sharper than mine, hehe. I just can't play with max settings because I'm only playing on my laptop. It wouldn't take full settings xD It really looks beautiful. Tessa sure loves snowboarding. If only Bryon liked it that much... But nooooo. He's just doing it because he has to. And maybe because he wants to impress Naoki. Maybe.

Awtch, that fall! Must have hurt. Bruises everywhere! That would be me if I would go on a snowboard.

Hahahaha! That little 'romantic' story! I love it. HAHAH And then "a hug" :joy:

@SoulGal7 More Sims that like snowboarding! I'm happy to see both Sakura and Kyoshi are doing well. Bryon didn't get injured from snowboarding, but I made him climb the walls and then he fell down. It looked like it hurt pretty bad, and it did because he got injured.
    edited January 2021
    @soulgal7 So getting you sim injured and attacked by bugs are both aspiration milestones lol? Crazy you have to get your sim into those situations :D Sakura seems to be getting into a good flow with her life, as does everyone else’s sims! Do you guys like the lifestyles included with Snowy Escape? I’ve been curious about those. Do they fade like sentiments? Can they get them in worlds that aren’t Mt. Komorebi?

@Skeilah That's a cute idea, for your sims to marry their childhood best friends from school. I may have to take that idea and try it out at some point :)

——

An extra update from me today and also some decisions I’ve made about how I’m going to play/update. Pretty soon I'll stop throwing so much content at you at once, I promise :D
    Okay, so after getting into a groove with this challenge and seeing what everyone else is doing, I’ve made some decisions. Gonna try to do what @Ellupelluellu is doing and play a little catch up so I have a photo for every day of the year (that’s the one of the main points of this challenge lol, and I think it will be very satisfying in the end!)

As to not to overwhelm you guys, I'll put just two updates in each post. I played enough this weekend to give me content up through update 12 so there will only be a few days that I'll double post and then I'll be caught up. I thought playing ahead would be a good idea, but I'm honestly feeling a but disconnected since I know more than what I've currently posted lol so I think it will be nice to catch you guys up to my current game play anyway. Also all my updates are posted in my first post now, with the numbers slightly tweaked so update 1 is the first photo/introduction I posted. 

I am also going to try to play only one sim day at a time for a bit. I think that will be the perfect balance to make sure my game play doesn't become too consuming and take over my life lol. Jules might jump ahead a few days between updates since she's part of my main save and I'll play other families here and there, but starting when I log in to play again over the next few days, I will only actively play Jules for one sim day for a bit and see how I like that.

---
    Update 9 - The little joys of life and love

7CXXBc6.jpg

Notes:
    This should actually be titled "The update where Jules' eyebrows got mysteriously lighter probably from some weird CC glitch but don't worry, they are back to normal now." :D

Jules and Mario hung out again, and their relationship bars were higher than I thought and Jules had the option to ask him to be her boyfriend - and I decided to go for it! Jules likes him for sure, and Mario is a great first boyfriend for her. (To be technical, I used MCCC control to have Mario ask Jules to be his girlfriend since I can be traditional sometimes lol)

They're cute, but I do have some plans brewing in my mind for the future of Jules' romantic life....:) But for now they are just gonna be cute and have a fun, easy relationship.
    dE4Wu4v.jpg

This update is not as cohesive as my other ones, but here are some other moments I captured.

Honey is a great way to fill up the hunger need fast! She collects honey from the Douglas-Goldstein house so she hasn't even had to buy her own hive yet.
    XLWrtDH.jpg

I should not have risked the Whispering Wishing Well again haha. Wasn't so lucky this time....she wished for skill improvement and instead got struck down with an intense mortified mood for several hours.
    ed8GFzf.jpg

Her skills are improving the good old fashioned way each day though :)
    7R9t9n6.jpg
    9twJNxt.jpg

Hanging out with her sister's bull terrier, Lenny <3
    LtCzwmc.jpg

I am so excited to get her a pet eventually, but I might wait until she lives in Brindleton Bay if I can hold out that long lol.

I forgot to check the simoleon count for this update, but she's doing okay. Switching between the collecting and gardening aspirations is going pretty well for her. There are two more days left in spring, then onward to summer!

Update 10 - Cousin Bex

nhSKGzc.jpg

Notes:
    Jules' cousin, Bex, lives in a fabulous mansion in Windenburg, and she invited Jules over today. Lots of fun activities for them to do, Jules may never leave haha!

There's a bowling alley in the basement. Bex is a fully skilled bowler, but Jules has a long way to go. (Not sure why they didn't change into their bowling shoes though)
    WlaYc42.png
    E0B8RE8.png

There's also an awesome dance area with windows on the pool, creating a neat effect
    iUuXn6I.png

And a movie theatre
    xyK3lb0.png

This mansion is my most ambitious build to date, and it's still not done haha! I tend to burn out with big builds like this, so we'll just enjoy the parts of the mansion that are finished. I will not be building Jules a mansion at any point in her life, needless to say.

Simoleon count: 4,201
    Wow! Lots of updates again! I got caught up, and now I'm behind in reading again lol

@Ellupelluellu - Ok, got it. San Myshuno. What if you deleted The Salt House, which is near the karaoke bar in the Spice Market? The lot size is 30 x 30, so the house from a 20 x 15 should fit. Just a thought :) Day 7 photo of Melody sledding - ouch! Now the one of her in the onsen, she looks so peaceful there. And the one of her running with the moon is so pretty. Her garden is really getting big and I see that she evolved some plants! Great! Day 8 - oh gosh - she had 4 simoleons left! Nice upgrades to the house though :) Day 8 - Ah, poor Melody had a headache, but luckily she got some medicine. It's funny how those school uniforms change in your game, Sakura just wears the same one every day! lol That better have been a good apple for all the trouble she went through with those darn vending machines! Good idea to add stuff to the community lots.

@Hermitgirl - First off, that photo of Roxanne, I thought she was going to be another Bryon and be a still life on the sidewalk! Those teen emotions are just scary. Those garden planters look nice. And the nerve of those sims just wandering into your house. I had that happen once when I had a yard sale and the sims weren't interested in my sale, they just went into the house. Locked them out fast.

@permanentrose - Day 7 - Romance. So sweet with Jules and Mario, and she even got a first kiss. And the main family from your siggi the Douglas-Goldstein family - they are so nice. I also laughed about the 'talking bit' - to Patchy and then to the toilet! lol Day 8 - I totally love that photo of Jules in her raincoat and the umbrella. Her house looks really great with the upgrades and the patio. Gotta love that kiddie pool! And congrats on completing the Angling Ace Aspiration! I think you are the first to complete an Aspiration! Double Congrats! Yes, Jules totally deserved to relax after completing an aspiration. By the way, I love all the dogs in her friend's household! Day 9 - Jules and Mario are now a smoochy couple. But yes, I know what you mean...Mario might be for now, but then in a month...who knows. And that wishing well - too bad for Jules. That is why I don't tend to use it because I have bad luck with that well. Day 10 - Nice to have a cousin like Bex! I love the bowling pack. The animations when they bowl and what kind of ball they get is hilarious. Great updates.

@Kanindota - River needs that rest, and I know for sure, he will survive. It'll be fun to read how he actually did survive! Good luck on your exams!

@Skeilah - Bryon looks like he is having fun snowboarding. In fact, he looks rather wild on those slopes. Naoki is giving Bryon ideas! He doesn't look like he's hating it really. Maybe he's thinking that he'll become a ski bum. lol

@Karababy52 - Day 12 - Tessa looks so great on the slopes and Josh is getting there, too. But the falls...ugh...both of them. Josh wanting to go home because he couldn't feel his feet anymore - I can relate to that one! Gee...I don't know how Josh is going to make it through the next few months waiting for Tessa to become a YA! lol Wonderful photos as usual and great storyline :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top