Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does a Graphics Amplifier really work

I'm assuming you just plug it into your computer and it amplifies your graphics card?

Comments

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I just learned they exist. From what I'm seeing, they're all proprietary and for very specific PC models; i.e. the OMEN line from HP only works with certain HP models (already pretty high end gaming PCs) and the Alienware one certain Alienware and high end laptops from Dell.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Sometimes you have to buy the case and the card separately. I started to look into it at one point. Lots of people have had good success with them.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    butterfly17butterfly17 Posts: 22 New Member
    Why do you guys still support the Sims 4? The dev team aren't giving you what you want!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @butterfly17 Because I love the game and I feel that it's not place to demand things and then throw a temper tantrum like a toddler because I did not get what I wanted.

I could have added an amp when I bought my new PC but I did not know what it was and my son told me I didn't need it. He was my advisor when I bought it.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    I'm assuming you just plug it into your computer and it amplifies your graphics card?
    No. You probably also need to buy a separate graphics card. Most of the time you put a desktop grade graphics card in them and then plug it in.
  • Options
    butterfly17butterfly17 Posts: 22 New Member
    > @AnnLee87 said:
    > @butterfly17 Because I love the game and I feel that it's not place to demand things and then throw a temper tantrum like a toddler because I did not get what I wanted.
    >
    > I could have added an amp when I bought my new PC but I did not know what it was and my son told me I didn't need it. He was my advisor when I bought it.

Of course not everyone feels the same way. And there's nothing wrong with that. If you enjoy the game, you can support it.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Why do you guys still support the Sims 4? The dev team aren't giving you what you want!

uh because the game has everything that I want?