Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @permanentrose oehhh they look good!!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Kanindota Nooo .. so frustrating. If you can use a prior save I'd do it... or restart. You don't have to catch up. The goal is one aspiration for a month.. and I don't even think it's necessary to finish it.
    @Karababy52 I didn't cheat her age back... she's still a teen, just near the end of being one! If I come across a potion I might use it but I'll just have to be sure to save often in case my game goes kaflooey again.
    @permanentrose I'm in Florida so eastern time zone, but I keep odd hours so no telling when I'll be around. I tend to post in the mornings when I can though. I might also cut up some play sessions so I have a posting for each day. Sometimes things get busy and there is no time to play.
    I'm enjoying the stories everyone :)
    egTcBMc.png
    Day 10
    MZiTO4Q.png
    Since Roxanne finished the first aspiration it was time to start on the other one for that world. So during the rest of the school week she did a few things. She went down the bunny slope, bought some climbing gear and tried to climb the small wall at night, but the going was really slow so she bought the first rock climbing book and read it when she had time. I'm so glad reading gives fun too. I'm kind of a chicken with my played sims so figured instead of her getting hurt I'd get her as far as the first skill book would take her before she climbed again... also at level 3 you get a ding!
    On Saturday she was able to climb for some hours and get in her hike. Another attack by gross bugs happened of course. She seemed weirdly happy to dispose of them! She didn't meet a spirit on this hike though so she's still a "Thrill Seeker".
    Other little things happened like presents from friends and her old pal the librarian dropped over... I gave him a makeover.
    Don't be surprised if I make her evil. I make a lot of evil guys..rarely girls with that trait but the look on her face killing bugs makes me think something wicked might be lurking behind that pretty face. Hmm have to think on it..
    Screenshot Spam:
    3MRgmGa.png
    W6HzIdT.png
    Yiu4MV1.png
    C2Bp2dP.png
    9tE669T.png
    s7t7cUs.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl great update! I like that Roxi has the potential to be evil lol. What are her traits again? (I read through everyone’s first posts to catch up so quickly that I need some reminders)

Also an idea - should we start an off topic chat in the off topic section of the forums so we can chat more without it being hard to find everyone’s updates? Or is it ultimately easier just to keep everything here? Just thought it also might be fun to officially all introduce ourselves too since we will be spending at least the next year together if we all are able to commit!
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member

Hello fellow challengers, I appreciate you commiserating with me in the early end to my first round of OMOWOY. I bring you an update of how I'm tackling the challenge.
    Days 3-10

days3-6.png
    days7-10river.png

I didn't realise the game saved previous save files. I thought about it but wanted to continue on with what happened and I got inspired for the story side of this challenge. I appreciate all your suggestions and as I too have become attached to River, I want to bring him back with the caveat that he loses all of his skills and Simoleons, and essentially starts again from scratch.

In other news, something for me to celebrate on is that I have more packs now. Pray for me that my laptop holds out.

So River is on Day 10 and I will plan for the time ahead when I won't be able to play. I also rerolled his traits and I've already forgotten what he has. Maybe adventurous and good? A fun but vanilla combo.

I moved him over to Mt. Komerobi (sp?) and I've forgotten his aspiration too :lol:

Well I'm going to speed up fixing my WP blog and get more captions and stories there.

Man that was the quickest challenge that ended before I wanted to.

As for how I'm gonna spin River's return, I want to write that one out. Though I'm curious to find out how you interpret the photos I picked out above. Each photo represents days 3-10 consecutively, probably should've labelled but oh well...hope you all are keeping safe and warm!
    @Hermitgirl great update! I like that Roxi has the potential to be evil lol. What are her traits again? (I read through everyone’s first posts to catch up so quickly that I need some reminders)

Also an idea - should we start an off topic chat in the off topic section of the forums so we can chat more without it being hard to find everyone’s updates? Or is it ultimately easier just to keep everything here? Just thought it also might be fun to officially all introduce ourselves too since we will be spending at least the next year together if we all are able to commit!

I like the idea of an off-topic chat ^^
    edited January 2021
    @Kanindota Hmmm, interesting. I interpret the photo's as if River ended up in the hospital, but then I'm not sure if the bald man is River or not... And that he's literally looking at his ghost now. That would be awesome lol.

EDIT: no wait he can't look to his own ghost. But it would still be cool.
    @Kanindota It does seem like he had a near death experience, but got rescued and went to the hospital to recover, but I am also confused if he is the bald guy or if you're playing him as ghost now or if he's just encountered his own ghost (you should keep his ghost's urn in your inventory if that's the case. As you've seen in my updates, Jules also has a ghost in her inventory and it makes for some amusing moments)

---

@Skeilah I went ahead and posted an off topic chat, hope everyone else is okay with that too! It's really up to you guys (and @Karababy52 since she is the main creator) if you want to post all comments there that aren't our main updates or if we want to just use it for purely off topic stuff. For now, I'm just gonna use it as a place to chat with you guys!

Here's the link:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985783/off-topic-chat-for-omowoy-challenge/p1?new=1
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2021
    January - (Monday) - DAY 9: Flying High On A Snowboard

sakura-snowboard-level-4.png

At 5:03 am, Sakura gets a pop-up. Bills have arrived in her mailbox and they are...$131 simoleons! What? All she has on her lot are 8 parsley plants! Plus, she has an off-the-grid lot trait! I look at the bill and it's all taxes. Grrr! I don't want her to spend simoleons on bills ~ she needs a house!

bills-sakura-mon-wk-1.png

She goes jogging and at the river, collects a bucket of water and sells it for $5 simoleons. I would have had her collecting water all day, but she can only collect 1 bucket. Then it's off to school and she comes back home with a project and her grades are up to an "A"! All the autographs in her inventory are now worth $600 simoleons! Yes! She does some calculations on what she needs for the Mountain Expedition ($450 each rock climbing equipment x 2 ($800); Cost of Excursion ($200)] She also needs to purchase a Festival Outfit ($300), and pay the bills ($131) And what about a tent? Does she need a tent to go on that mountain excursion, too (470)? And more of those deterrents (total $215 for all of them x 2 = $430). Total: $2,331. And let's not forget about food. So, with her newfound wealth, she could afford to get a house for $9,069 simoleons. I place a wall on her lot and she starts selling some of the photos in her personal inventory. And she gets a pop-up. She is now a Notable Newcomer! Later she gets a pop-up that she has the quirk "Phone Fanatic." Kado Akiyama comes over and she asks help with her homework and her project. They become good friends and she gets a Sentiment for Kado, "Closer From Happy Memories". Her emotions are kind of crazy tonight and she gets "hysterical" from working on the project. She goes for a jog to clear her mind. She then heads to Yukimatsu and goes snowboarding on the intermediate hill at high intensity. I add the snow goggles to her outfit. She does that a few times and gets Snowboarding-Level 4. She gets her first Lifestyle - Energetic Lifestyle! Time to head back to the Hazakura Lounge. Sakura should have a house by tomorrow, and plans on asking if Kiyoshi wants to move in with her. She really wants to go on that Mountain Excursion with him and if he's living with her, then they can both work on their rock climbing skills together!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7 Great screenshot. These colorful Snowy Escape Outfits are so great, I really enjoy seeing them!

Is her lot off the grid? I do see that she’s not getting water or power charges which is good, but wasn’t sure if bills completely stop if you play off the grid or if there’s still a property tax. Jules also got a bill before she built her house but I had forgotten to set her lot to off the grid during that time so not sure how that works. Now, unfortunately, she has regular bills lol which MCCC autopays for me me. Too lazy to switch that off haha

edit: I saw that she is off the grid. I guess you can’t avoid property tax lol
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Julyvee94 Thank you so much for saying that about Tessa! I'm having a lot of fun with this and it appears those who have joined me are having fun too! <3

@permanentrose I totally understand what you're saying, and you're right! Real life does always come first. ;) Great update for Jules! Wow, she got very lucky with her wish! :o Mine have been awarded simoleans with that wish before, but never that large of an amount, mostly around 2-3K. Such a cute little house she's built for herself. I love @Ellupelluellu's tiny house throughout the challenge idea too. It's too late for Tessa to do that in Mt. Komorebi, but perhaps her next house in Windenburg can be a tiny house. She'll most likely have too many simoleans by then to do it though. Looks like using that alien ghost for social wasn't such a good long term idea afterall. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted anyway. :) I like that she took the time to hang out with her cousin. Even if she was in a foul mood. I gave Tessa the waterproof trait too for the same reason. She loves the outdoors, but not always being wet. :D

Thanks for letting me know which Jules to download. I guess I'll have them both now, but I'll just put Skeilah's in my game for now. :) It's cool about the harvestables on other Sims lots, I understand. It's hard not grabbing them when they're right there and easily available! I had a hard time restraining myself whenever one of my Drifter challenge Son's would visit his Mom. She had a garden filled with all the rare plants and they were always ready to harvest when he was there. You have some great plans for Jules that make a lot of sense. Kudos!

Josh is living with Tessa. He previously lived with his two brothers, but not in a house on a lot. They were all just wandering around not-in-world. I haven't uploaded Josh or his brothers and I doubt I ever will. Jon is a regular Sim with no skills or anything, but Josh and Joel are both Super Sims. The Hunter Brothers are very special to me, and maybe it's selfish, but I want to keep them just for myself. I hope you understand. :)

I love the Snowy Escape traits, aspirations, the world, build/buy, just all of it! It's a fun pack. Sounds like your Brother is having a lot of fun despite not having much in Colorado. Good for him, he'll get there eventually. It just takes time. I think of Tessa as a much older Teen, around 17, like you said, not 13. It would be weird writing about a 13 yr. old spending so much time with an older guy and I would never do it if she was supposed to be that young. I think of Josh as around 24-25, so the age difference is wide and he has much more life experience, but it's not that unrealistic to me, it's sometimes the same way in real life. For instance, my daughter's partner is around 15 yrs. older than her. But they didn't meet until she was already a young adult, so it's all good. Oh yeah, BIG changes in Tessa's life when she ages up in April! ;)

Tessa looks great! I love that hairstyle, it suits her which is the very reason I used it for her formal attire. Plus it's similar in style to her everyday hairstyle I used for her. I try to do that for every clothing category for my Sims. :)

About the Off Topic Chat thread. It's a great idea, and y'all are more than welcome to have something like that to chat about our adventures with our Sims and whatever else you'd like to share. I think I'll probably mostly stick to this thread though. It takes me awhile just to catch up in this thread as it is along with all the other threads/challenges I'm active in as well. I'll probably stop in from time to time though and have a chat with everyone. Are you having a problem finding participants daily photo posts is the reason for the additional thread idea? Maybe you missed my post about it, but I did say that I would give a link in the Main thread post to everyone's first Day's introduction post for the challenge here in the thread or to a blog if they have one. And, that if you wanted to update your first post with links to additional days throughout the challenge, like I'm doing, it would be easier for everyone to find just those posts. I'd put everyone's Daily posts on the main thread post, but I think after a time, it would just be too much text for the Main thread post and eventually I wouldn't be able to update anything in it at all. If you need help in how exactly to put a link to your daily posts in your first post, let me know! I'd be more than happy to help! I hope you understand. *Hugs* :)

@Skeilah Okay, when I go back in game later tonight, I'll download your version to use in my game then. :) Yep, I take literary license sometimes when writing my descriptions of Tessa's day too. It's just more fun doing it that way and gives your character a somewhat more realistic life too. I'm guessing Bryon will love climbing after he gets into it. I had Tessa read the skill books after she kept hurting herself at first. It just seemed a better option to keep her safe. But in the end, she still needed/wanted to climb for real for the aspiration. It's fun and nerve-wracking watching them do it. I guess they can't actually die falling from walls lower than the tall ones though, which is a good thing! Gah! I've spent and wasted a lot of time searching for stuff in this world, some that ended up being right under my nose. :D I'm still discovering stuff I didn't know was there right up to the last Day I played. It's fun though, I love it! <3

@Hermitgirl Ah, okay, sounds good. I plan to turn aging right off again after I age up Tessa each time. However, I did have Josh buy a potion of youth with his points after he moved in with Tessa so he'd be at the beginning of his YA stage. That way they'll both be at the beginning after she ages up. If they end up being a couple then, which I'm thinking more and more will happen, he'll age up with her after that, so they'll always be the same age. Technically/realistically, he should always be older, but meh. We're playing the Sims so it doesn't have to be realistic. ;)

Aha! I see I'm not the only one taking advantage of the skill books! Personally, I think it's smart to use them, especially if you're a big chicken like we both are in trying to keep your Sims safe and alive. ;) Okay, so what's your secret to having wildlife attack Roxy all the time? Tessa needs to know! She's been hiking a bunch of times now and never been attacked. o.O Wow, you did a great job modifying the Librarian. He looks much better now in my opinion. :) Love the last screenshot with Roxy at the top of a medium climbing wall. Gorgeous! Great update! :)

@Kanindota Yay! So happy to see River back! Bummer you had to start over with him, but I like your idea of expanding on the story side of this challenge. Congrats on getting more packs! That's always a fun time. :) Enjoy your time exploring and playing with your new packs! For my interpretation of your screenshots, all guesses of course, I'd say River actually did drown, but was rushed to the hospital and brought back to life. In the time between when he was in limbo, he wasn't a ghost yet, but others couldn't see him, so that's the reason for the couple kissing with him standing there close-by and they didn't care. He was invisible to them. I thought the ghost was him at first, but I'm guessing that he's able to see and talk to ghosts now since he 'died' for a time. So yeah, I think the guy with the close-shaved head is River and maybe the hospital/Doctor costs/fees took up all of any funds he'd earned so he has to start from scratch in his life. Perhaps Sulani had too many bad memories for him, hence the reason he moved to Mt. Komorebi. He might have a fear for going in the water now too. Oh, and in the screenshots for his life before he died and came back, I'm guessing his lot had the Cat Friendly lot trait judging by all those cats on his beach towel. lol How'd I do? :D

@SoulGal7 I read in another thread that it appears some of the lots in Mt. Komorebi are bugged with high bill amounts. I think there's a thread for it to add your 'Me Too' on the EA Answers website too. Tessa's were quite high as well I thought, but not too bad. I'm guessing if Josh wasn't living with her, they'd be higher. He has the frugal trait. Plus, she has the Geothermal and Natural Springs lot traits which lower the bills as well. Anyway, she's doing very well now thanks to those autographs eh? What a lucky discovery! Love the daily photo for her, she looks, uh, rad! Is that still a thing to say these days? I have no idea, I'm old school. :D I turned everything to do with Get Famous, Eco Living and Lifestyles off. It's interesting that some of the participants Sims are somewhat famous now. Cool! Bummer her emotions are all over the place now though. I'm happy to hear about Kyoshi moving in with Sakura soon! I was beginning to think I'd be the only one to try that. Can't wait to see them on the mountain! I hope they don't get blizzard conditions like Tessa and Josh did. o.O It was kind of nail-bitingly cool though. ;) Interesting that you can sell the buckets of water they gather. I had no idea, never even thought to try that. Great discovery on your part! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I have a Sim living off the grid. Looking forward to seeing her new house! \o/

Whew! Think I'm up-to-date now, unless someone posted while I was writing this monster post. :D I apologize for such a tl;dr novel of a post. I probably won't have the time to always reply like this, but when I do I will try to comment on your daily posts and reply to any questions as soon as I can. So happy y'all are liking this challenge. Seeing all those post notices in my notifications makes me smile every time I log in to the forum. :)

Going to surf around the forum now and see what else is going on then go play with Tessa and Josh. Have a great week ahead everyone and, as always...

Happy Simming! <3
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 Thank you for always so thoroughly replying (but also no worries when you are too busy/tired to do so :) ) In a few updates, Jules is going to interact with my favorite "super" sims. I miss playing sims with maxed out skills and reward traits, but it's actually more fun than I thought to build them up without cheats since usually I just cheat for those sorts of things

Also for you and @Hermitgirl - you don't need to turn on aging to age a sim up. They can still blow out candles on a birthday cake and age up that way without you having to go in and mess with your settings. Or you can just age them up in CAS with the proper cheats on lol and click the next life stage, which is usually the lazy way that I do it since I never play with aging but sometimes want to manually age up some of my sims. Both work perfectly fine in a save with aging turned off :)
    edited January 2021
    January- (Tuesday) - DAY 10: I'm On The Edge Of A Breakout And You Invite Your Mother Over?

emotional-breakdown-from-breakout.png
    Sakura starts her morning with a jog and it's off to school. She arrives home, she's a top student in high school, and a pop-up comes up to invite Kiyoshi over. Of course, since this was the day she was going to invite him to move in with her. And then the screen clears, and there is Sakura with a mortified moodlet! Oh my gosh! Can't sims die from their emotions? Calm yourself, Sakura! She is stressed (for 5 hours) because she is on the verge of a breakout. She can't do anything, no homework, nothing. She goes for a jog to clear her mind. Still stressed.

moving-in-together-sakura.png

Oh heck, she can't wait another day, so she gives Kiyoshi a key to her residence, and presto, magic, he moves in with her (due to some world view moves since there is no ask to move in between teens, I guess). He doesn't bring any simoleons with him, but for some reason, his mother comes for a visit. She probably wants to make sure they are sleeping in separate beds. Sakura kind of breaks down at this point wondering why Kiyoshi would invite his mother over when she was on the verge of a breakout! He makes a salad for dinner to make up for it. Sakura gets over her stressed mood, and they do their homework together in the garden. Sakura buys 3 rock climbing books ($450 total) to get Kiyoshi started on rock climbing skills. Kiyoshi makes salad (autonomously) for dinner, and they eat dinner using chopsticks in front of the tv. Sakura gets a sentiment for Kiyoshi "Closer From Happy Memories."

eating-dinner-in-front-of-tv-together.png
    edited January 2021
    I actually built the house that Sakura is living in now. I was pretty proud of it. It is available in the gallery and here are some screenies. Enjoy!

japanese-starter-photo.png

https://ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8879589C505211EB8690F063F73A62CC?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SoulGal7&max=50&maxis=false

homr-sweet-home.png
    Sakura and Kiyoshi in front of the house

backyard-together-kyoshi-and-satura.png
    The backyard. There is an eating area, grill, and chessboard. And the garden.

downstairs-house-with-2-beds.png
    The main floor and ladder to upstairs

bathroom-upstairs.png
    Upstairs bathroom
    @permanentrose You're welcome, it's my pleasure! :) I rarely if ever cheat to give my Sims skills or completed aspirations. If I do, it's usually to reduce their skill levels, or if I think they'd already have certain ones. For instance, my Adam Lambert Sim. I cheated to give him Level 10 in Singing for one thing, plus Charisma and a few others and made him a Global Superstar. I don't play with him though. Josh and Joel earned their Super Sim status by a lot of hard work and playing time, no cheating. That's one thing that makes them very special to me since I've been playing with them for so long. <3

Oh gosh, you know, I knew that about the aging, don't know why I said that about turning aging off again. It just slipped my mind when I wrote that. I guess I probably forgot because I rarely age up any Sims unless they have to for a challenge and of course aging is on at that time. Thanks for the reminder though.

@SoulGal7 Aw, man poor Sakura! The last thing a guy should do is invite his Mom over when your girlfriend is stressing out, especially after you've just moved in together. What was he thinking?! :D The good news is, don't panic when Teens get the overemotional moodlets that would normally kill Sims from YA upwards, Teens can't die from those. Just make sure she's not Mortified, Enraged or anything like that when she ages up to YA. If she currently has those when she does, she can immediately drop dead on the spot after twirling to YA. It's happened to other Simmers in the past. o.O

Absolutely LOVE their house! You did a fantastic job with it, looks very authentically Japanese. So pretty! I like their rustic bathroom too and isn't that mountain climber sticker cool? I love that wall art the most of all for the build/buy objects. :)

Alrighty, going offline now to play with my lovely Tessa and her hunky BFF! hehe Have a great rest of your day/night! <3
    edited February 2021
    @SoulGal7 That house is fantastic! You really captured the Japanese style perfectly! I don't think teens can die emotional deaths, but older sims can (I might be wrong about teens though, but you will see in a later update that Jules got mortified as well but she lived to see another day haha)

@Karababy52 There really is something satisfying about playing a sim without cheating. I know that Jules will always be very special to me after this. The child sim in my signature photo, Beatrix, has gained all of her skills since she was a toddler without cheating, which makes her feel very special, and I plan to continue to build all her skills without cheats if I ever can bear to age her up lol. I definitely can understand why you feel so attached to Josh. He's a really cool sim!

I tend to use cheating for that same reason too - I love making a lot of sims and households to place in my main save, but I don't always have the time or desire to play them all from scratch, so I cheat to get their skills and careers where I think a realistic level would be.

(And then sometimes I do cheat just since I'm bored and I want super sims, lol)

Also here's another update before I go to bed :)

--

Update 6 - Some days will be tough

pFQoQBR.png

Notes:
    I bent my rules very slightly and allowed Jules to go on a date with Mario in Windenburg when he asked her out. I just made sure all they really did was chat and didn't use any features from Get Together haha. I didn't want to lose the opportunity of pursing this relationship from declining the date (I guess I could always decline the date and then have Jules ask him on a date somewhere in Willow Creek in the future though) The romance is progressing slowly, but there's some potential :)
    H6yK3ce.png

I've been having Jules focus on her aspiration a lot recently (and also doing a few odd jobs to earn a little extra money - I'm trying to pick ones that aren't Sulani related though and save that for when I use that world) The Sylvan Glade is a great place to boost the fishing skill and make some unique catches, so I sent Jules on a quest to get there.

What a strange tree...hmmm...
    kJoQJTs.jpg

Gotta take a selfie for your simstagram when you discover a portal to a secret world
    qBtcnnl.jpg

Seriously just an overall gorgeous little excursion that got her some great catches as well and propelled her into the last stage of her aspiration. I almost used one of these photos as my photo of the day, but I liked the one I picked since it kind of fits the "theme" I focused on for this post, as you will see shortly!
    hU9Rvsq.jpg
    Zbv2Ql1.png

Unfortunately, I pushed her a little too hard and kept her in the glade longer than I should have, so a lot of her needs were depleted. She proceeded to go home to take a bath and then fell asleep in the tub.
    zMgDJWo.png

Her hot-headed trait reared its ugly head again so she decided to channel her angry energy into an emotional painting.
    oeNEKk4.png

It was a frightening painting. Jules, honey, are you okay???! I sold it immediately and it cost more to paint it than the profit she made...
    yq861Fh.png

Her social need was in the red zone at this point, and she was in a very sad mood due to loneliness. I was about to take the alien ghost out of timeout since I was getting desperate, when her sister, Dell, called to invite her over. Perfect timing! (See picture of the day for Dell giving her little sis some much needed advice and love). Making it on your own is tough, and I'm glad that Jules can rely on her family for days when things get too hard.

(Also if anyone was curious about Jules, Bex and Dell’s names - they are all technically meant to be nicknames though I never put their full names in the game and only use their spunky nicknames officially. In my head, their full names are Julia, Rebecca, and Delilah though)

She stayed at her sister's house for a while since she really just needed some interaction as she filled up all her other needs as well. I ended this session of play with Jules still visiting Dell and Dell's girlfriend, Sofia.
    8Q2prWG.png

Simoleon count: 4,124

She also now has the heat and cold acclimation traits, making her less affected by weather since she still will be braving the elements a lot. I'm trying to decide which reward traits to save up for next. All of her needs can be annoying at times, but I feel like filling the social need is the hardest when it gets down low, so maybe I'll work towards the "needs no one" trait.

Love Day is coming up. Will new beau Mario and Jules do something special?
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited January 2021
    @Ellupelluellu - I was just re-reading everyone's stories and I had a good laugh at this photo of Melody. Did you notice it when you took it? Is there something you want to tell us about Melody? lol (Look above Melody's head - it looks like horns!)

is-there-something-yoiu-want-to-tell-us.png

@Karababy52 - First of all - wow for being the first to complete the Mountain Expedition and during a thundersnow storm! As I already mentioned, that's a beautiful shot at the top. I loved the story on their way to the top and could feel myself being anxious as well. So happy for both of them that they made it. It sounds like you were happy, too! lol Josh and Tessa do seem to have a strong bond between them. So, maybe in April...who knows...! And what is this? Josh flirting with Tessa in the onsen? Yep, they definitely have something there...but, Josh, hold your horses, she's just a teen. I love that beautiful scenery pic you took on their hike. I have no idea how to get the bugs to "bug" you and will have to discover that soon myself. lol

@Hermitgirl - Love Roxanne and the idea of having her stay at a library/high school to get her needs up. And the mood swings are something else! When I see Mortified and Hysterical, I immediately think she is going to die; but I guess teens can't die from that. Thank goodness! Doing painting for funds is always a great idea. And getting the Always welcome trait is an even better idea! Day 6 photo of her on the sled is so cute! And the size of that bug on her when she was hiking - yikes! Luckily she had bought the right spray to ward that creature off. The thing is giving me nightmares in rl! Love the house she has - what a fantastic deal for a starter home! And in your last up-date, did you do a make-over of the librarian. Because he is looking good now.

I will continue commenting on everyone's tomorrow. Have to head to bed now. Nite all.
    Time to comment a little bit on stories!

@Hermitgirl You already finished the first aspiration?! Man, how is everyone going so fast? Or maybe Bryon is just going so slow, hahahaha. I'm also a 'chicken' when it comes to playing my Sims, I totally get you! But on the small wall, they can't die. Bryon fell a dozen of times. He just has a big bruise on his butt I think hahhaahahahah! Nice screenshots! Also, have you uploaded Roxanne to the Gallery maybe or not? (so I can download her hehe). What's your Gallery ID?

@SoulGal7 (Day 9) Haaaa! Bryon also got bills today!! 196 simoleons ;--; And that for an empty shed and a tent HAHAHAH. I totally understand you! Sakura is doing so well!

(Day 10) That house is so cute! So Japanese! I love it! Sakura sure goes for a jog a lot :P Ohhh so nice that Kiyoshi went to live with her. HAHAAH his mother comes for a visit xD!

@permanentrose Hehe I love how you bent the rules to allow the date and then did nothing else than chat xD Was it a nice date? I hope it was! Ahhhh, Sylvan Glade. I love that place myself. So nice to meet Jules' sister and her girlfriend.
    edited January 2021
    January 11th
    01-10-21-5-37-09-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    I just came home from school when I saw that my mailbox wasn't empty anymore. Did dad send me an apology-card? Nah, that wouldn't happen. He didn't even knew where I lived. I opened the mailbox, not expecting much, but then and saw... Bills. Oh no. I forgot that I have to pay bills now. Someone calls out on me from behind. I quickly put the bills back in the mailbox. No time to think about that. I turn around and see Naoki. I didn't recognize him at first because his hair was down, but it actually suited him better. "Did you read the books?", he asked. "Of course I did.", I answered. "Good! Then follow me.". "Wait, what. Where are we going?". He doesn't answer me, so I don't really have a choice but to follow him. The next moment, we're in front of a climbing wall. "Go on, try climbing it.". "Just like that?!". "Yeah. You won't get hurt. I'm right here.". Bryon tries and tries and tries, but he just keeps falling and falling. "Naoki... My butt hurts. I really can't do this.". "Can you still walk?". "Yeah.". "Wanna go for a hike?". "You also do hiking?!". He laughed. "Hiking is not difficult. Even you can do it.". What's that supposed to mean? In normal circumstances, I would yell, become angry for saying such things about me, but for some reason I laughed with him and followed him along. I even caught myself looking at him while on that hike. it's just that I admire his skills... Right?
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    I just play a lot @Skeilah it's just one picture a day on the forums but I can play weeks on my sim in a play session at times.. so the days picture could be for a week of play or more sometimes. I'll slow down eventually, there maybe times I'll just load the game up to take a picture if I don't have time for much play. It would be interesting to do a challenge also where you only live a month of your sims life per world. I might try that on my own sometime.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah it’s nice that Bryon has a guide to help him navigate the outdoor activities he’s been doing - and that the relationship has the potential to be more :) My updates also might cover several sim days/weeks depending on how long I play and how fast I speed through some activities lol.

Also the date was okay...I find it’s harder to play a date when your sim is asked rather than doing the asking. The goaled event is just easier to make sure it actually goes well. They both did a lot of flirty interactions though so the relationship bar is going up!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    January - Day 11: The Big Bug Theory

lPsF8QM.png

Notes:
    First of all, I want to apologize for the quality of most of these screenshots. It was a cloudy, dark day/night, so I had to modify most of them in Photoshop just so you could see what was in them. o.O Second, I'm going to try something different this time and post my actual notes with the 'extras' screenshots. Let me know which way you prefer. Thanks! :)

Extras:
    wr3r73k.png
    It was a Saturday, so Tessa had all day to work on finding those elusive bugs! I decided to send her and Josh on a scenic hike this time. Unfortunately, in addition to being a very cloudy day, it was also freezing and icy. They both kept slipping and falling, over and over.

"Uh, Tessa? A little help?"

UP3FoEz.png
    Tessa stopped to check a map of the trail and Josh pulled an apple out of thin air to eat. What? Where'd you get that? It wasn't in your inventory.

"I dunno, it was just...there. Don't look at me like that!"

nTYgaBo.png
    Here we go again. This was like the third time already they'd fallen. Sheesh!

22z3Qj4.png
    She stopped, again, to check the map and Josh pulled out yet another apple. Seriously, where are those things coming from?

*crunch crunch crunch* "Beats me, but they're good!" *crunch crunch crunch*

8KCLPSn.png
    Synchronized Selfies :D This was the end of the trail, so I sent them to climb the neighborhood medium climbing walls. After that, Josh teleported back to the house and I had Tessa try using the Fitness trail option on her own. I had a theory that she wasn't getting attacked because Josh was always with her for protection.

P5s8RcF.png
    And, it appears I was right! I think. On her way to the trail sign to pick the Fitness hike option, it happened! Yay! \o/ Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think I'd cheer for seeing bugs. :D So that's 1/3 so far!

rEgPobm.png
    Seeing Josh standing there put a big smile on my face. Instead of teleporting home like I told him, he stopped to wait and see if Tessa would be alright. Aww...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)

hsPR51s.png
    "I'd wait for her for however long it takes."

Well that's good to hear, but seriously, go home now.

i02WuVD.png
    Look, look, MORE BUGS! That's 2/3 now. Unfortunately, Tessa was freezing to death. I told her to stop jogging and change into her Winterwear, but then the bugs attacked her. Thank goodness there was still time to save her. I was worried! o.O

bV6NqDG.png
    "You want me to do what? Seriously, build a snowpal? I'm still cold and I almost died!"

Just do it okay? You might get attacked again, you need to try.

H9OC1Tj.png
    "Fine. There, now can I go home where it's warm?"

Aww, it's looks exactly like the one she and Josh built on the top of Mt. Komorebi! I'm sure it's a coincidence, but still! <3 I was going to send her back to the house, since it was getting late and she was hungry.

Cmqk9Nb.png
    But, then I saw some Forest Spirits and sent her to go make a wish first. On her way toward them, she got attacked for the third and final time! Ding, ding, ding! Only one aspiration goal left.

W7eavEt.png
    She still had time to make that wish too, the spirits hadn't faded away yet. She got a 4 hr. energy blessing. *sigh* That's nice, but we want another Simi! :D

P9TShVc.png
    Back at the house, Mr. Romantic decided to flirt with Tessa again.

PElp6cI.png
    And show off his muscles again. Man, he is determined, eh?

sbJSiGR.png
    "She'll be mine one day. Just watch. It's just a matter of time."

ftaVR0Y.png
    Yes, but it'll be a long, long time before that happens. You'll just have to settle for being her BFF, sharing adventures and warm hugs in the meanwhile. :)

Tomorrow is Sunday, the first day of the second week of Winter. I did a little investigating since the rock climbing in inclement weather hasn't been working out. That's the last goal for her aspiration. Well, it turns out, I should've actually clicked on the goal instead of just hovering over it. When I did that it said Sims have to climb in the resort area of Yukimatsu when it's icy or during a thundersnow storm. Gah! Oh well, at least I know now and all of you that will be doing that aspiration know it now too. ;) It's a learning experience, but I'm loving every minute of it!

Happy Simming! <3
    @permanentrose I love that everyone usually has Sims they've become attached to for a variety of reasons. Toddlers/child Sims can be hard to age up when it's time. They're so cute you just want to play them forever! :) And thanks for saying that about Josh, I think he's a very cool Sim too, but of course I'm just a wee bit biased. ;)

Mario is such a cute Sim, I can see how you wouldn't be able to resist and bent the rules. :) Sylvan Glades is one of my favorite hidden lots, next to the Hermit's Hut area in the Deep Woods of the National Forest in Granite Falls. I take my fisher Sims there all the time to get certain rares. It's a very beautiful and mystical/ethereal area. That painting is seriously disturbing. o.O Glad she got to spend time with her sister and others. I figured their names were nicknames, very cool. Jules is doing very well! :)

@SoulGal7 Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I did playing and writing about their experience on the mountain. I think that's been one of my favorite things about SE so far. And I absolutely adore photo editing to make my screenshots look better. Surprisingly though, I really haven't had to do much since I got my gaming desktop. Still, some are a little dark or need a bit of sharpening, etc. But that's it. Yep, Josh is very determined to be with Tessa, he's smitten and it shows! But like you said, he'll just have to wait for anything more than friendship for awhile. If you'd read today's notes, I figured out how to get the bugs to attack your Sims, at least I think I did. Could've just been a coincidence, but I don't think so. :)

@Skeilah Great update for Bryon! Methinks there might be a little attraction going on there for Naoki, eh? I think he admires how adventurous he is and how he's pushing Bryon to do things he normally wouldn't do. Yay for Bryon! \o/ Maybe he's finally found that someone special to love him he's been searching for a long time! <3

Alrighty, need to go feed my cats and gets some ZzzzZZZs. Have a great day everyone! <3
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 I like integrating the photos into the notes since the visuals help tell the story - as you know that’s how I update so maybe that’s why I prefer it. Just my input :)

The things we do to our sims to make them complete their aspirations lol. I’m glad you are done with the bug attack part of the aspiration. And I think your photos look fine, even though you had to do some editing - still very immersive and taken from great angles. I love how hard Tessa and Josh are trying to flirt despite the age restriction the game has in place lol.

I’m trying to get more attached to Mario. He has a good backstory too (will be shared briefly in another update) but I really prefer playing lesbian sim romances so I’m feeling a little ehhh about Mario and Jules. Since Dell is already gay, I didn’t want to make Jules gay/bisexual as well, but there’s no telling what I’ll do if I find a cute female sim in my game for her as she goes through her life lol 😆 😘
    edited January 2021
    Doing some more comments and will finish up the others today. Have a good one!

@Ellupelluellu - Melody is a gorgeous sim. And I love the screenie on Day 1 of her ski outfit with the helmet and then looking at the info board. That is the look of determination. Glad you found the fishing spot and she made a good amount of simoleons on her first day. I will have to look for that tomato plant next time Sakura is in Senbamachi. Nothing like doing homework at the last minute! And playing piano at the lounge - yes, simoleons, except I opted for the free chips for Sakura. Funny how the game kept changing her uniform. I think Melody is becoming a fashion icon! Wear the same uniform everyday? I think not! lol The red is definitely the best! And that always welcome trait - great idea! I really like the personal rules that you are doing regarding the house. When I built Sakura's house, I tried to keep to Basegame + Snowy Escape pack, but somehow some debug item snuck in from Eco Living. Melody's first house is so cute! I love it! Melody is certainly finding all the harvestables in the world and fishing a lot. She is going to have her gardening skill and fishing skill maxed soon! Way to go Melody!

@permanentrose - Jules, as I've already mentioned is a gorgeous sim. I have since downloaded the non-cc version from the gallery. Even though you don't have all the packs, so happy that you've joined this challenge. Love all the different ideas that you are doing with Jules, like the "giving back" idea for staying at someone's house. And glad you found a use for the ghost. Social meter down - I'll just whip out my ghost friend that I carry in my pocket! lol I loved that one! I am sure you know this already, but frog breeding is very lucrative, so keep 2 in your inventory and let them have their fun! I love that area in Willow Creek, I use that area a lot for my sims. Plus, I love that paddlewheeler coming by, too :) I liked that Positivity Aspiration because Jules would definitely get it. Love that the toy she fished out she gave to Emmett's little sister, Eliza. That was sweet. Oh and Jules was so lucky with the wishing well. Whenever I use it for my sims, I hold my breath because usually, something bad comes of it. But lucky Jules $6000 simoleons! Woot! And congrats on building Jules a home! It is quite cute. I chuckled about the ghost again, and especially that he had to have a time-out in her inventory for the bad stuff he did on her lot! Hilarious! And another piano player getting tips. Nice date with Mario, I guess we'll see what happens on Love Day. And all those screenies from Sylvan Glade, they are truly wonderful! Way to go Jules!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top