Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod help!

I'm an avid Sims player, but I've run into some technical difficulties recently. I finally installed the Sims on my desktop, so I can play with decent graphics. I was trying to install some mods, but there doesn't seem to be a mod folder at all! The game itself runs just fine, so I don't think there could be anything missing. I created a folder to put the mods in, however, they don't show up in-game (on the menu where it asks you about enabling them/viewing them). How do I get the correct mod folder?!
giphy.gif

Comments

• TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Try regenerating your Sims 4 folder by renaming the current one to something else, and let the game regenerate for you. Then copy over the the resources you want to keep from the old folder into the new ones.
  • lettersandinklettersandink Posts: 3 New Member
    Someone else explained a fix for a bug by completely replacing the folder and I think that should work here. It goes like this:
    - Quit your game
    - Go to your files and to the "Sims 4" folder
    - Remove the folder from its original spot and place it in desktop or any comfortable file to hold it there
    - Start your game, it should create a whole new folder for you again and include the mods folder
    - Move whatever you have stored in the original folder to the new one: mods, music, tray, saved, etc.
    - Enjoy
    Let us know if there are any problems.
  • BenjiThatFoxGuyBenjiThatFoxGuy Posts: 5 New Member
    > @lettersandink said:
    > Someone else explained a fix for a bug by completely replacing the folder and I think that should work here. It goes like this:
    > - Quit your game
    > - Go to your files and to the "Sims 4" folder
    > - Remove the folder from its original spot and place it in desktop or any comfortable file to hold it there
    > - Start your game, it should create a whole new folder for you again and include the mods folder
    > - Move whatever you have stored in the original folder to the new one: mods, music, tray, saved, etc.
    > - Enjoy
    > Let us know if there are any problems.

I'd just like to add, that the folder is not called "Sims 4" but "The Sims 4"
    once very late I forgot that and then wondered why nothing is working.
    keep that in mind.
  • zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    I dont know if this fixed the original posters problem, but i am running a fresh install from origin and there is no "mod" folder anymore. I have dug through each folder etc from that install and there is none...?