Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairy Damsel Fish

2...Next

Comments

• amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited September 2012
    Penelope wrote:

So, how do you get the fish spawners? Is it a cheat?

Is is a cheat found in the extra menu. After entering the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat. Go into buy mode and then crtl + shft+c again and enter "buydebug" That will open a question mark menu with the rare items There you will find fish, gem, insect and plant spawners.

You must type "buydebug on" in the menu. The buydebug items are found only in buy mode, if you click on the chair/lamp. It is not in the part of buy mode that sorts by room.

Just remember not to rotate any lot with spawners on it, because spawners multiply with every rotation. You can end up with hundreds on one lot, if not caught in time. The only way to see them is if you are using the "buydebug on" cheat, and you are in build/buy mode. They even sit hidden in the basement area, regardless of whether a basement has been built. You have to make a one tile "basement" so you can click down to that level to remove them.

Even EA made lots have the problem -- it happens to any lot with spawners, no matter who created it. Also, just bulldozing the lot won't rid the lot of spawners. They stay behind, lurking to mess up anything you build on that bulldozed-but-still-infected lot. People who have built something on a lot that used to be an EA dump have subsequently found spawners for the huge trash piles multiplying in the non-existent basement, even on what looks (on the surface) like a sweet innocent Victorian home lot. So any lot is suspect, and should be checked after placement.

Since most people do not play with buydebug on, the multiplying spawners are not noticed. Too many can cause a game to lag. So use spawners on lots wisely, and always check a downloaded lot or a lot that you put in your library bin from a while ago, to make sure it has only the few intentional spawners you want (rather than multitudes of multiplied ones). If you have never checked any of your lots for spawners, using the "buydebug on" cheat while in build/buy mode, then you really should check ever lot you have ever placed or moved in your game.
  • chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited September 2012
    amjoie wrote:
    Penelope wrote:

Is is a cheat found in the extra menu. After entering the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat. Go into buy mode and then crtl + shft+c again and enter "buydebug" That will open a question mark menu with the rare items There you will find fish, gem, insect and plant spawners.

You must type "buydebug on" in the menu. The buydebug items are found only in buy mode, if you click on the chair/lamp. It is not in the part of buy mode that sorts by room.

Just remember not to rotate any lot with spawners on it, because spawners multiply with every rotation. You can end up with hundreds on one lot, if not caught in time. The only way to see them is if you are using the "buydebug on" cheat, and you are in build/buy mode. They even sit hidden in the basement area, regardless of whether a basement has been built. You have to make a one tile "basement" so you can click down to that level to remove them.

Even EA made lots have the problem -- it happens to any lot with spawners, no matter who created it. Also, just bulldozing the lot won't rid the lot of spawners. They stay behind, lurking to mess up anything you build on that bulldozed-but-still-infected lot. People who have built something on a lot that used to be an EA dump have subsequently found spawners for the huge trash piles multiplying in the non-existent basement, even on what looks (on the surface) like a sweet innocent Victorian home lot. So any lot is suspect, and should be checked after placement.

Since most people do not play with buydebug on, the multiplying spawners are not noticed. Too many can cause a game to lag. So use spawners on lots wisely, and always check a downloaded lot or a lot that you put in your library bin from a while ago, to make sure it has only the few intentional spawners you want (rather than multitudes of multiplied ones). If you have never checked any of your lots for spawners, using the "buydebug on" cheat while in build/buy mode, then you really should check ever lot you have ever placed or moved in your game.

My sim is named Joie. I couldn't decide on Joey, Joy, or just "Jo" so I imagined her telling different people how to pronounce it depending upon her mood and the situation.
    Thaks so much for that rotating spawner tip, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean if the lot is moved, the spawners double?
    Also please, someone figure out a witch-less way to spawn sunstones.
    I actually have 12 in a keep-all, how sad is that.
    Why can't I ever make a typoe I could gluss over, it has to be a meaning-changing one the editor can gleefully narc about when I sneak back in to correct.
    I don't care about the transforming witch, ok? Never works for me anyway, just get frogs and fish.
    And the alchemy-gem-spawner just makes lots of useless rocks.
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited September 2012
    chitbill wrote:
    Thaks so much for that rotating spawner tip, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean if the lot is moved, the spawners double?

This thread is all about cute fish. So rather than hijack the thread with more details about spawners, I'll just point you to another thread that explains all about the dangers of multiplying spawners. If you have never heard about this before, the thread is a game-saver. :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/523406.page

• JagPacker26JagPacker26 Posts: 8,407 Member
    edited October 2012
    where would a fishing spot in Bridgeport be for these fish?
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited October 2012
    My witch got one using the conversion ritual spell.

THIS above is infact the easiest way to get the the Damsel Fish!
    I've gotten it a few times this way. I figure it probably takes forever via fishing. Like getting those special/ rare seeds, easier to use a witch and the Conversion Ritual to get it/them opposed to trying/hoping to 'find' them.. The spell is a gift and a real blessing :XD:

Witch level 1: :thumbup:

Conversion Ritual - Turn a collectible into one of another type.

Good Luck Charm - Gives a Sim a +5 feeling lucky moodlet. Expect the opposite should it backfire.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2012
    Kilov17 wrote:
    My witch got one using the conversion ritual spell.

THIS above is infact the easiest way to get the the Damsel Fish!
    I've gotten it a few times this way. I figure it probably takes forever via fishing. Like getting those special/ rare seeds, easier to use a witch and the Conversion Ritual to get it/them opposed to trying/hoping to 'find' them.. The spell is a gift and a real blessing :XD:

Witch level 1: :thumbup:

Conversion Ritual - Turn a collectible into one of another type.

Good Luck Charm - Gives a Sim a +5 feeling lucky moodlet. Expect the opposite should it backfire.

Not for me lol I only ever got a fairy damsel fish that way once. But I've fished dozens and dozens of them at the beach even when my sim was only at level 4 fishing because I already knew the bait.
  • Shadow20Shadow20 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Penelope wrote:

Yes.

Type in "testingcheatsenabled true"

Then type in "buydebug on"

When in buy mode, there will be a question mark above the other buy categories. Click on it and there's a bunch of stuff in there that you usually can't purchase. You can find the fish spawners in there, as well as a lot of other cool stuff.

When you're done, simply type in "buydebug off"

:-)
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited October 2012
    Do these fish need fresh water or salt water ?.Thank you.
  • southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2012
    Do these fish need fresh water or salt water ?.Thank you.

It's a salt water fish. They are always around La Shove beach.
  • eva358eva358 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2013
    chitbill wrote:
    The spawner Ocean:rare seems to work Great, so I converted a sunset valley fishing spot into a brackish pond crammed full damselfish.

Gotta work on toads now, I think.
    toads are in France, frog pond!
  • JennyHalesJennyHales Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Where are Fairy Damsel in Sunset Valley?
  • verdaeniverdaeni Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    I was playing a game in Moonlight Falls and I couldn't find the fairy damsel fish at all, not even in Moonlight Falls. LOL. I suppose it might be there somewhere. ... :mrgreen:

you get various types of spawning using the buydebug cheat, on top of testingcheatsenabled true. you see it when you buy by type, its a
    question mark on top of the menu.
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited May 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    chitbill wrote:

This thread is all about cute fish. So rather than hijack the thread with more details about spawners, I'll just point you to another thread that explains all about the dangers of multiplying spawners. If you have never heard about this before, the thread is a game-saver. :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/523406.page

thank you for the tip, i have never used it and scared to use it too.But i would like to load some loads maybe furnitures from exchange.Do you know how can i check it before i use it in the game ? I guess i can always ask the owner of it, but it will takes lots of time to reach them :(
  • sweet_pea_0509sweet_pea_0509 Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    Is it possible to find the damsel fae fish in the new Island Paradise Town (sorry can't think of name) I tried putting a ton of ocean:rare fish in a certain area and nothing...
  • ILOVEMARKGILOVEMARKG Posts: 130
    edited September 2013
    okay first what is a fish spawner? and where the h can i find the missing fairy damsel?
    i already have fishing level to 10 and i use the glow orbs. i also fish in salt water. i heard something about someone fishing near the cemetary between the 3 rocks and the beach. anyone know anything please let me know! thanks.
  • Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    I was playing a game in Moonlight Falls and I couldn't find the fairy damsel fish at all, not even in Moonlight Falls. LOL. I suppose it might be there somewhere. ... :mrgreen:

There is the BUYDEBUG ON cheat that lets you place Fish Spawners. But, it The Fairy Damsel can be caught in Moonlight Falls, near a beach. And Appaloosa Plains at the water plant with a bunch of fishing spots. Facing into the plant, it's the pond farthest on the left.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

As this thread had been inactive since 2013 and doesn't seem to be current anymore at this point, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

Thanks,
    Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top