Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens in the sims games...

iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
For those of you who like to play occults or just aliens. Which entry in the sims did aliens best in your opinion? I would say Sims 3 did the best because they had the most powers. I wish they were much more in Sims 4.
Origin ID: iamoz96
Enjoy my creations! :)
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Aliens in the sims games... 82 votes

Sims 2
17%
GalacticGallisamwittSimburianDevSims91Yautjagirlmitchiebanjoduhboy2u2AnnLee87OldeseadoggeMDianaSimsStrawberryYogurtsimesmerizedSimmerGeorgeACruelButLovingGod 14 votes
Sims 3
39%
CK213JaseIceyJSikoahGraceCamkatPuddinroyfruitsbasket101airotciv54KennziKaigeSakia90bestfrienemies14taydevKhrisstyneFroilmtvsimsBabykittyjadeRenato10snoepjes1210Sorak4mogshaz 32 votes
Sims 4
43%
auroraael14IcewolfTWSimGamer82Isb917simgirl1010friendlysimmersIObellecmbaker16LizzychicagoLustianiciapammiechickHermitgirlScobreLiELFColton147147MeadowThayerrcomicsforlifeEA_MariAtreya33afai1261 36 votes

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Sims 4
    I never played with the sims 3 version, only 2 and 4. In sims 2 they were regular sims with a special skintone, no powers so I prefer the sims 4. I like the alien disguises, though it would be nice if they were optional like vampire dark forms.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2021
    hmn a very hard choice there is something each game does better than the other

I like ts2 aliens because the alien baby cutscene is just so cute and perfect and abduction scene is fun and some sims2 things just make it more epic experience
    like your sim remembering they were abducted and memory being positive or negative depending on sims personality and premades in strange town and like all that drama really sims 3/4 could never
    but i dont like how its just normal sim in alien skin after all that epic

I like ts3 aliens because of their evil powers and the fact they can abduct but I don't like how the abduct basically does nothing like idk i feel it should work like normal abduct and result in things..y kno...

even if objectively these aliens mostly have best gameplay i just can't vibe with ts3 in general
    cause of the art style and open world always felt like staring at huge ant tank and i couldn't relate to my sims no matter how many cool things they added and ugh stress of that game was just astronomical no amount of fun would have fixed it for me

I like ts4 aliens cause I can customize and create them from cas and theyre so pretty and i love having sixam and all but I don't like how they lack those fun gameplay things we had before and they're constantly bugged and broken in every way possible : )

*aggressively smiles at ea*

I think after this long thinking i would say ts4 aliens could be the best if they fixed them and gave them some more evil powers and one day there was :star:depth:star: in base game systems but oh well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’ve never played an alien before. TS4 is the first iteration that has me experimenting a little with occult’s. I prefer how aliens look in the Sims 4 and I like that they have a human disguise as it makes them seem more mysterious to me. Their powers are not much though. I would love for them to be improved to work similar to how the vampire system is with powers being unlocked over time.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    haven't played sims 3 aliens yet but i remember playing with them a lot on sims 2 console cuz i loved their looks, my main sims were usually aliens. on sims 4 i love that they have two forms & some powers though i'd love if their gameplay gets expanded.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sims 4
    I like that you can make them in cas in sims 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I never played with the sims 3 version, only 2 and 4. In sims 2 they were regular sims with a special skintone, no powers so I prefer the sims 4. I like the alien disguises, though it would be nice if they were optional like vampire dark forms.

I completely agree, disguises are great but should be optional. Its a task to edit the disguise because unlike vampire, where you can simply delete the dark form, and than create the dark form, copying the outfits... unless there is an option in CAS for the outfits, for alien disguise, but to my knowledge, there is not.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Sims 2
    It is easy to choose to get abducted or not and the babies are adorable. I like the way they look, and the genetic quirks you get having families with them.

I don't care about abilities or disguises, I never use either. I wish we could toggle off and/or delete them like we can dark form.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Forevalone159Forevalone159 Posts: 6 New Member
    Sims 4
    In sims 2 & 3, the aliens would be stuck to one color, while in sims 4, aliens could use a disguise and come in different colors.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2021
    oh and also i just really like the small telescopes in earlier games and that aliens would only abduct ur sim if they were using those cause like okay i love abductions personally but they nerfed them cause they happened randomly too often for some people so now i have like no abductions :cry:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4 came out with a playable lifestate Alien in CAS. Sims 3 only if my male sims had an Alien child.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Sims 3
    Definitely 3. They didn't feel human because they didn't have to sleep and had different needs than regular sims. Also, they could fly actual spaceships.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    Sims 2
    I love all you can do with the sims 3 and 4 aliens (although for some you wish they didn’t need a sim suit... Also hate how they can’t use the premade look outfits I also wish we had more alien inspired outfits. I also wish we could live on the alien world.)

I’m off topic, but I actually love Aliens in all games but I picked sims 4 because those are iconic and amazing, they can be normal sims and despite not having a world, I feel like there was a lot of lore was put into the aliens here. Plus sims 2 is my favorite game, and when I think aliens I think sims 2 aliens.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    Sims 2
    I picked Sims2, for the singular reason that we could use the pointy ears on ANY Sim. We didn't get that right away in Sims3. So then, like now, I have a bit of cc for that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4 has been the best when creating occult life states in general.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I've not been 100% happy with any of the iterations. Sims 4 aliens would greatly improved if they had a skill tree set up akin to the Vampire and Spellcaster skill trees. (Mermaids would too if I am being honest.)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Sims 4
    I didn't play them in Sims 3, but I did in Sims 2 and I like Sims 4 Aliens better. I think they're adorable and I like their powers and disguise ability and voices and, of course, being able to create them. I didn't used to care about them much, they were kind of a one and done thing in Sims 2 so Sims 4 really made me interested in them for the first time.
    #Team Occult
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims 4
    As much as I loved them in the Sims 2, Sims 4 has brought more gameplay for them than what was in the Sims 3. I never liked the Sims 3 aliens and they always felt lackluster to me. The disguises are a fun change too. The sounds that the aliens babies make are very unique and adorable and I love them. Plus there is that xenophobia moodlet that happens with them when they are discovered too which is very fitting to how people were to react if they did see an alien.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 2 is why I love Aliens but Sims 4 does them a lot better.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Aren't they optional? I love playing with aliens, and I never see the point in using disguises...why be an alien if you can't flaunt it? Why marry one if you don't adore their authentic self? In fact, somehow, I didn't even know aliens even had the option of disguises until I had been playing with them a good while. Then I was disappointed by how the disguise looked, shrugged, and never put it on again.

I also enjoy how alien parents can share certain alien things with their alien/human hybrid kids. And that the color of the alien/human hybrid offspring are a complete surprise. I like surprises! I have an alien/human hybrid I want to get with a Reaper/Alien/human hybrid and see what their kids will look like. Pretty, I imagine, because the parents are gorgeous. Unfortunately they broke up, so if I want to breed them like guppies, I'll have to be an evil overlord about it.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    Sims 4
    I don't see why aliens would need powers, they're just beings from another planet, they're not supernatural.

I quite like the aliens in sims 2 and the abduction cutscene and the one when the sim-dad gives birth are very fun and cute!

Although it was fun to attack sims with spacecars, abduct them and kill them by summoning meteors, the aliens in sims 3 are still my least favourite. It was boring how they always looked exactly like the pollination technician and didn't get any feature from the sim-dad.

And like others have said, I too would like the option to remove the disguise completely in sims 4.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sims 4
    I would definitely say the sims 4 with this one, aliens in the sims 2 were just normal sims with different coloured skin tones and weird eyes, the alien abduction were too regular aswell, the sims 3 aliens were more like an NPC character the only way you could play as an alien if you were abducted by aliens and had a baby, they do have unique abilities, the sims 4 aliens you can create them in CAS even give them a human disguise, they also have unique abilities, they can have children with each other or other sims, alien abductions are rare that you get a surprise when it happens and also male pregnancy can happen like the others
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! Quick heads-up: I moved this thread to the Sims Franchise section.
    - Leeloo
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sims 3
    I like 3s the most solely for the fact unlike 2 I don't have to fear using the Telescope and Electrodance Sphere when playing a male Sim.
    I absolutely did NOT like having my men abducted and forced to live with an alien their whole life because I didn't put a telescope indoors or arbitrarily used the cheaper one. (I've had some of my ladies abducted twice in 2 nights so it happens way too much to me. The curse of building science enthusiam)

In 2 they're one of those, I suppose they're cute but when my neighbourhood is pretty vanilla and quite the opposite of Strangetown it just makes the Alien then ruin the setting. I've completely modded out alien pregnancies because of it.

Having Aliens rarely come to your front door to befriend was a much much more needed take personally. Especially if because I wanted an alien to live in the house when playing a single lady I can just ask them to move in without... Getting a man abducted. If not, I could just ignore the Alien outside and continue on.

Plus with the added option to actually send away Alien babies if by chance one of my Men get abducted I can keep my vanilla, non supernatural neighbourhoods free of any occults!

And I like their abilities in 3. It's fun to rain down meteors for profit.

I've seen them in 4 and while they look fun to use, I don't think they look as good personally although the option to create them in CAS would've been something I would have loved in 3.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Sims 2
    Simmingal wrote: »
    oh and also i just really like the small telescopes in earlier games and that aliens would only abduct ur sim if they were using those cause like okay i love abductions personally but they nerfed them cause they happened randomly too often for some people so now i have like no abductions :cry:

I agree. I miss those telescopes, and I've had maybe one abduction in my game ever. In Sims 2 all you had to do was choose the nicer telescope and use it during certain times in the evening... or not, if you didn't want abductions.
    Sims 2
    Aren't they optional? I love playing with aliens, and I never see the point in using disguises...why be an alien if you can't flaunt it? Why marry one if you don't adore their authentic self? In fact, somehow, I didn't even know aliens even had the option of disguises until I had been playing with them a good while. Then I was disappointed by how the disguise looked, shrugged, and never put it on again.

You can choose not to use it, but it's still there in CAS. You can't delete it like you can dark form. And that's only for your Sims that you are actively playing. I've discovered a few townies walking around that I didn't know were aliens until I got to know them really well. I would rather have the option of ALL aliens walking around looking like aliens.