Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Prefer to Play The Sims- Vanilla/Mods/CC?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    Vanilla
    I used to play vanilla and lost a lot of saves over the years, so now for TS2 and TS3, I use mods for bug-fixing purposes – all kinds of corruption protection mods, NRAAS Overwatch, etc. So in some sense I use pretty powerful mods but they not exactly to supplement the game.
    I'm not much into CC with exception of hairs and sliders for TS2. I feel very strongly for my sims hairs haha.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Vanilla
    Vanilla and maybe that's why I can't enjoy The Sims 4 as much as the others :*
  • Options
    mtvsimsmtvsims Posts: 51 Member
    Mods
    I think the Sims 4 NEEDS mods. Sims 3 only needed Story Progression (NRaas) mod for me, but Sims 4 has a few. Custom Content is nice but I don't *need* it.
    Catch the latest episode of The Challenge by MTVSims here.

1ae67d358eb80994760c45b5c89f34c72d340369.png

• Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Vanilla
    I play vanilla. I guess I'm boring like that.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Vanilla
    I'm still waiting for Sims4 to end before getting any CC, Mods or Moo. I am not averse to having them but not just now.

It's odd but my amount of downloads of extras goes down, from "The Sims" the most, then 2, 3 and none for 4. I suppose it's the gradual experience of the problems that came with them that influenced me and for the first two iterations Maxis provided tools to check and correct problems in the game.

I did manage to recolour a lot of the objects in 'The Sims' myself though, like the vibrating bed which I did in shades of blue. It was so easy then...and someone created a tool to change the roof colours to any colour you wanted. Being in at the start was so much fun. <3
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    Mods & CC
    Certainly mods and CC.
    I'm not actually that big on gameplay mods for TS4 or many of the other games in the series but CC is always a must.
    It took me a while to settle on something for TS4 that would feel like a visual enhancement of TS2 and not TS4 which I despise visually.
    With my current take I can still use all TS4 expansion clothes etc, I've mainly abandoned TS4's hair which I can come to terms with. I tried for the longest time to keep it all but TS4's hair I will never accept as it swipes too much character from your sims, TS4's style makes curly hair awful for starters, a game like the sims should never have a style as cartoony as TS4 because it literally just becomes difficult to make good quality content for the sake of diversity hence why I prefer alpha hair, sadly most of it is just basic straight hair anyway.

I'm mostly looking at and for maxis match mods other than hair.
    Most of my sims would be stylized as the sim in pfp which for me is similar enough to the games base style to fit clothing from it.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Vanilla
    I voted Vanilla.
    My computer blocks a lot of Sims 2 CC if I want to download it into my game, because most of the content isn't supported anymore.
    I also voted for Vanilla for my Sims 4. I play the game on the PS4, and the console doesn't all CC or Mods. I do, however, have the base game for my computer, and I have downloaded some CC and Mods for it. I downloaded a Harry Potter themed mod, and a Zombie mod, but overall the game is pretty Vanilla.
    Sims 3 is still fine, I can download CC and Mods if I wanted to, but my computer can't Sims 3 for a long time.
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2021
    Vanilla
    I’m playing vanilla since TS2.
    I appreciate a lot the modders community and I follow there work on social media.
    I do use those new maps mods (to make the map more... visual appealing...) and the StandStillCAS (because I dont want my sims to move while I’m creating them) but that’s it.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Mods
    I don’t cope well without MCC and T.O.O.L.