Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for New Member- Caraboo

igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 3 World Builders
Caraboo wrote: »
> @Caraboo said:
> Fantastic! I needed this.
>
> My issue is with CAW (sort of)
> I created a custom world I've been working on for about 3 months. Zero issue with Edit in Game, routing looks great, no inconsistencies. However, in actually playing the game, I find it crashes to desktop without any error message.
> Last time, I tried to measure how long I could play, and it was about 24 in game hours before it went down. This hasn't been tested, but its always a fairly recent thing. Considering I immediately got my sim pregnant and it has crashed 7 times before she even showed, its a frequent crash issue.
>
> I have my dxdiag.exe, but cannot load atm. (If theres a way to post it before I'm a member, please let me know! However, its a BRAND new computer, so I hardly imagine theres an issue there . (But i've been wrong before).)
>
> I don't know it its relevant, but I started with a relatively empty world, so most of the homes/jobs were filled with generic npcs. My hope is to create a sort of 'founding family' that is generations along and all over town with distant relatives.
>
> The crashing occurs in no other world I play.
>
> I would appreciate any help with this! I was/am so proud of this world!
Okay, it's all yours! :)
o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
NRaas has moved!
Our new site is at http://nraas.net

Comments

• CarabooCaraboo Posts: 10 New Member
    Thank you so much, @igazor

As said in the post he so kindly copied for me.
    Random crash with no error message. Time playable before crashes seems to vary greatly.

I have homes with platforms and ground level rooms (used constrainfloorelevation cheat) > Not sure if that will effect anything, I read that platforms houses can mess with play.

I originally had two distant terrains on (I almost never use distant terrains, this is my first time keeping one in final edit). I deleted one terrain, has made no difference.
    As far as I can tell, routing is great, and all roads are connected. There is a little but of an overlap with ground and bridge (ground clips through, but sims drive over bridge fine)

I am at a loss.

As much as I expect the answer to be 'start anew', i'm trying to avoid that.
    I would greatly appreciate any feedback!
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Not much of a pro, I've only had one world under my belt...but I'll try to help. Does the crash happen at the same time of the day in game, I mean during the day at night? What packs are you using in game? Do you have any CC? Have you tried plugging in any of nrass scripts and see what errors might pop up? How big is the world? Sometime world sizes I hear can cause issues.
    Is saving the game ever an issue?
  • CarabooCaraboo Posts: 10 New Member
    > @KiearaPhoenix said:
    > Not much of a pro, I've only had one world under my belt...but I'll try to help. Does the crash happen at the same time of the day in game, I mean during the day at night? What packs are you using in game? Do you have any CC? Have you tried plugging in any of nrass scripts and see what errors might pop up? How big is the world? Sometime world sizes I hear can cause issues.
    > Is saving the game ever an issue?

It occurs at random times of the day. Never the same amount of time played before crash.
    Most EP and Stuff packs, with exception of the showtime and into the future ep.
    Zero CC or mods. Never trust the stuff.
    Honestly, have no idea what an nraas is, i'll have to google that.
    World is fairly large but about the same size as every other world i've made. no issues in saving at all.
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    I know it can be hard to trust mods or cc, but things like Nrass Error Trap can help stop things that might mess up your game/world. I don't think it is what is causing your problem now, but it might help you later in game.

https://www.nraas.net/community/ErrorTrap
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Overwatch

At least those to will help find errors like sims getting trapped even if you think you might have checked all routing. Hmm...Is it possible it's a memory issue?

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Caraboo - You might also consider looking at the signature line of the NRaas "staff" member who brought you here to find out what "an Nraas" is. :)

I understand general reluctance to embrace mod usage, but NRaas mods are designed, maintained, and supported by professional coders with a passion for TS3 (even if we don't all use CAW to design our own worlds). We like to think of ourselves as one of the good guys in the game mod field.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net