Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sentiments are driving me mad

2...Next

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I love it when my evil club enters the bar and everyone else becomes 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My toddler's negative sentiment towards his mother did fade over two days, but by that time he'd developed one for his grandmother. So I think they do fade, or are supposed to, but there may be some bugs. Also hurt doesn't last as long as a grudge.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I have an independent toddler and every time a family member tries to teach him anything he gets defiant and then has a hurt sentiment towards that person for 2 days

I was exactly the same as a toddler irl

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    edited January 2021
    Daephene wrote: »
    I have an independent toddler and every time a family member tries to teach him anything he gets defiant and then has a hurt sentiment towards that person for 2 days

I was exactly the same as a toddler irl

But I bet your mother didn't hold a grudge against you until you were a teenager! :D
    Post edited by FatTribble23 on
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    well I like them its nice to have a little drama again they go away with a few hugs and I'm sorry just like in real life or they just go away on there own with time

Same. I wish that they do not get changed or nerfed or else they will be probably ended up just bland just like other features that people complained about that adds depth to the game
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol, did anyone really expect it to be great? This is EA we're talking about... they do try, but usually fail.

Emotions, traits, eco footprints, NAPS... need I say more? :D
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Lol, did anyone really expect it to be great? This is EA we're talking about... they do try, but usually fail.

Emotions, traits, eco footprints, NAPS... need I say more? :D

I think the Guru's are just too busy pulling "how you do fellow kids?" moments. They're just so out of touch it's almost laughable if it wasn't dissappointing. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    @FatTribble23 yeah, true... she got over it o:)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Arian Diggs (erratic, evil, gloomy) had arguments with his daughter Morgan (erratic) and they both had negative sentiments about each other. Morgan screamed profanities, Arian got massively tense...and I loved it!
  • Bookworm2009189Bookworm2009189 Posts: 44 Member
    > @FatTribble23 said:
    > What the heck kind of game mechanic would have a mother with a festering grudge against her CHILD because once when she was a toddler, she didn't want to take a bath? I thought those things were supposed to fade over time. I have aging off, and this has been going on for Sims weeks. It's truly the dumbest thing I can imagine.
    >
    > /rant

Well, if your sims talk to each other they can sometimes make the bad sentiments go away. That's what happened with my little girl and her mom. She felt hurt because she wasnt spending time with her.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sentiments could use a slight tweaking (NOT NERFING) but they definitely bring more good than bad to the game. Sims do behave differently despite what some say. (At least in my experience) and I love it. Just like @calaprfy I had similar experiences. And my brothers adore eachother just as I had imagined them before sentiments came along. I think it's a bit unreasonable for them act super dramatic over events. Like constantly fighting an enemy or something. Then it would turn into spammy NAP. You may have a grudge against your neighbor but that doesn't mean you're going to give them a beat down everytime you see them 😅😅 I hope not.

As I always say The only thing I think this system needs is more sentiments! (Especially special ones for twins and siblings hehe)
    And overhauled emotions as well as a fear emotion. Sims personalities would really be great then. The emotions system still kinda hold back it's potential and I do still wish traits were more complex and we had more basic ones in cas to choose.

And lastly it is a bit annoying not knowing why some sims developed certain sentiments. I'm like what happened? I don't know if we are suppose to fill in the gaps with our imagination but I do.
    I love the suggestion of being able to talk with a sim to find out.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    Sentiments are a nice addition...when they work! Lifestyles is the thing that is annoying me at the moment. If you send your sim to work, after about 2 weeks, they get the workaholic lifestyle...what a pain in the gluteus maximus that is! If your sim is on a day off, they get tense because they haven't been to work recently...and a tense sim has a load of interactions that can no longer be used whilst they are in this state. Who wants a sim that goes to work all the time? Mirroring real life isn't always a fun thing to do.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with them. Some of them are so sweet!

But then there's the dumb stuff. Like I sent one of my couples on a hike since the weather was nice. They stopped to enjoy the scenery, and while they were stopped, the girlfriend was attacked by hornets. Her boyfriend then became angry with her for being attacked, and had negative thoughts about her because it ruined his hike. I was floored. Instead of being concerned for her wellbeing he was angry AT HER that she got attacked...where is the logic here?

I had to laugh. :D Well, it's a sign that she lives in a toxic partnership with him, narcissistic partners only care for themselves. Time to dump him and find a better partner. :p
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    my biggest issue is that without memories I have literally no idea what happened to create a sentiment. I am cool with the fact that my Sim's are currently mad at each other but I would like to know why and I don't always see what happened.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Dannakyri1 I wish we had memories and reputations like in TS3, I agree that would make sentiments so much more meaningful. I was sad to find that wasn’t a feature in TS4. I miss just corny little scrapbook that gave my sim a tangible history