Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone actually visit the museums?

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I turned the museum in Oasis Springs into a retail art gallery. Downloaded some painting off the gallery to fill it up.

The museum in Willow Creek I am turning into a community space.

The only museums I kept is the one in Brindleton Bay since it has somewhat of a lore purpose and the one in Del Sol Valley since it make sense for there to be film history museum.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    My Chief of Mischief vampire couple visit their local one occasionally for feeding and practicing voodoo pranks.

I built a flea market in Sulani and marked it as a museum. It was fun inventing the different stalls; I have an occult items table, several knick-knack tables and a sci-fi table with lots of weird artifacts and tech bits.

I have Moschino Stuff so have also included a photoshoot area in a few of my museums. Built a modern art museum in Newcrest (which has become the arts quarter) and included a sculpture garden, modelling studio and bar areas.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I was originally working on rebuilding/renovating the museum in Willow Creek until... I bought my first pack then more packs after base-game. Never really felt like going back and finishing it since there is so much after base game. My idea was to have the museum for actually painting on site and crafting. Using the old art as inspiration. A place to actually put masterpiece paintings, (and later) to put photographs on display instead of either selling them all off or cluttering up the Sim's homes. (Or basements)

But after all the packs and patches, no point in that. Technically you could have your Sims stay at home permanently (other than having to get an aspiration goal).

I may get back to that museum. Otherwise it and most of the others will get replaced with something else. Or rebuilt into something else.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    What I actually need to know is if anyone goes to the 10.000 bars we have in this game hahahaha XD
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    I've just started playing Sims 4 after years in Sims 3. Recently, I found out about the Arts Center lot assignment that came with City Living. I think this venue is more flexible than a museum, but would be similar. An arts center enlarges the scope of activities sims could find there: instruments, easels, murals, woodworking, flower arranging, computers for writing, books, etc. And it makes sense for creative activities to be offered at an Arts Center. Clubs, classes, projects and performances. You could have live entertainment, singing, karaoke, and movies. Even archeological relics and work tables would fit the theme. Gardening would too. Any art and craft activities. And I think existing museums could easily be renovated to become arts centers.

Requirements for an Arts Center:
    bar-1
    barstools-4
    easel-1
    woodworking table-1
    activity table-1
    musical instrument-1
    mural-1
    toilet-1
    sink-1
    waste disposal-1
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    What I actually need to know is if anyone goes to the 10.000 bars we have in this game hahahaha XD

Bars are practically the only community lot my sims visit. Oh and sometimes gyms. And also spa, if I remember to plop one down in the current save I'm playing.

Museums, libraries, parks (except the big ones in OS and WC) are pretty boring to me. At least in TS3, you learned skills faster if reading in a library. I don't even bother with skillbooks in TS4. I just don't know what to do with these places to make them fun for the way I play.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited January 2021
    Well, the one in Willow creek has a basement with an art room for my art club set up for painting eating and talking. It also has a small children’s room to play in. And outside it is set up as a wedding venue, has that piano my musical sim uses, and I added a guitar and a cafe! The one in get famous also has a camera portrait studio and music studio in the basement.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2021
    I send them now and then, for the same reasons others have stated. Especially for dating, club gatherings, aspirations... I play artists frequently. I also like the piano in the one that came in the base game. Since I don't remake a lot of the premade lots it's a kind of quiet place I know my sim can go to practice if they are learning the piano and can't afford one yet. I think I've gotten tips there too.
    It would be weird in a life simulator game (of sorts) not to represent the variety of places different sorts of folks might or do go to.
    I do agree a tour group would be fun... but I shudder to think of possible routing issues.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I do but then again I am a builder so I like making them multifunctional and often replace the abundance of bar lots with museums, parks, schools, restaurants, and libraries. I like making spa gym combo lots too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yes ... they are needed for the painting aspiration and I built one that has a garden for weddings. If it rains everything it inside too. It also has art tables for kids and a small kitchen for catered events. There is a honeymoon suite and lots of other stuff to do.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I would definitely be visiting the museums if I spent more time playing on the Sims than building. (OOPS!)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah Basically I build Cathedrals, and Theaters, and Banks when really they are just Museums.

My cathedrals are more of my Mage's Club Hangout Spot. Cathedrals, are where I store the most powerful magical Artifacts My Mages find on their adventures. and where they perform Most Ceremonies

Theaters I'm trying to make acting, Comedy and Music more active careers, Artists show case their art gallery, and Put on shows for the community.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    My legacy sims go to the museums a lot. Its a great place to find an easel to make a few dollars early on and I don't have to spend the money to own one. Also, the one in Willow Creek has a small garden out back and a bbq grill (maybe I added that, I can't remember) so that they can grab a bite to eat as well.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I think the last time I went to a museum was when I first got the game and wanted to explore the world. lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Bookworm2009189Bookworm2009189 Posts: 44 Member
    I turn the willow creek library into a place for my sims to get married. I move the easel, and where it was I put a bar. Out in the courtyard I put a wedding arch with seats, and on the top once you have deleted some furniture, you can put a kitchen and dining tables. Its actually really effective ;) !
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    The basic museum "Municipal Muses" is practically useless in itself. But has a heck of alot of potential to be improved and modified. Looks really nice and 'historical' architecturally. I added a 3rd floor for woodworking crafting, and a basement with a bar, and for other stuff that I never got around to putting in like other arts, maybe gaming? I turned the second floor into a painting gallery for active painting. I did widen the building, plus touched up the gardens a bit. Since this topic was brought up, I may put actual active gardening in. With the knitting thing now, that could definitely be added somewhere, like the deck on the back, perhaps, overlooking the water.

I was planing to fill up the place with arts and crafts that my actual Sims made over time. ;) T'was the plan.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don't really have that many museums and wouldn't use the amount we have in game as default

but I have made one temple museum in selvadorada which I love and will keep

thinking of maybe making smaller museum in del sol because the original one just feels rather waste of space to me but i like the idea of movie museum

and i often use the premade museum in brindleton cause its cute but I might one day build rental property there instead and find other place for 3rd museum

i also often give lots more gameplay even if i set them museum cause like why not lmao
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I put a little cafe inside the museum in Brindleton Bay. I have to hire a barista each time, but at least there is a place to sit, drink and eat for my sims if they ever want to go there.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    With ilkavelle mod for kids social events : museum trips I kid and teen sims are visiting them very often. Otherwise nope they are boring like the real museums.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Museums are pretty pointless as they are, so I usually change them in ways to make them more appealing. For example, I moved the premade Oasis Springs museum to a bigger lot and added a fenced backyard with a rocket as well as scientific equipment, so now it's the gathering place of my astronomy club, and the place to go for sims in general who need to travel to Sixam, but don't own a rocket.

Libraries, which I used to find equally pointless before Discover University, are now always outfitted with the expensive research archive machine. Both libraries and museums are also fitting lot types for churches, as you can easily pretend that visitors are reading the Bible or looking at religious paintings and sculptures. I don't have many of those lots in my game, but I always add useful objects and features to them to make sure they're not a waste of space.
  • Options
    KimisadechinoKimisadechino Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes, but not for the purpose of a museum. Lol. Museums in my game are basically cathedrals where weddings take place if I ever decided I want a grand one for my sims. I have one for every major world.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Forgeron wrote: »

Museums, libraries, parks (except the big ones in OS and WC) are pretty boring to me. At least in TS3, you learned skills faster if reading in a library. I don't even bother with skillbooks in TS4. I just don't know what to do with these places to make them fun for the way I play.

I turn most of those parks into community pools or I put the skating rinks down from Seasons. It makes them much better. Libraries I'll usually put other activities in like the gaming/activity tables and easils for painting.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    No, I don't use museums. They don't offer me anything interesting gameplay wise, but more importantly, they just don't have enough foot traffic. They often feel very empty and dead. I've replaced all museums except for the lighthouse museum in Brindleton Bay, which I heavily renovated. I do, however, use the art gallery in San Myshuno often. I also use libraries for kid activities.
  • Options
    mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    I used to never visit them but then I had an idea. When I got the Jungle Adventure pack it rubbed me the wrong way that the game kind of leads you to find artifacts and historical items in Selvadorada, take them and make money selling them(?) and since I'm from Latin America and that hits close to home, I decided to not do that and instead have my achaeologist sim complete the collections and donate money to make a very cool museum in Selvadorada to display her findings. That was fun.

This lead me to have other ideas for museums, I now collect some paintings from my painter sims for the art museum, my sims who fish or collect bugs or fossils also donate some findings for display in the nature museum, my scientist sim donates metals, sixam stuff etc. And slowly I turned that straight street in Newcrest into the museums street (like that one street in Frankfurt, Germany, if any of y'all know it) and had some fun decorating the museums according to the theme. I like to take there groups of kids on field trips, families on sundays, students for uni assignments, etc. (with a lot of imagination, of course, but I have my fun)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @mingusssss I love that. Great comment about archaeology/exploration tourism.