Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You a Builder or a Player?

I personally love to play the lives of my sims, I am not a builder at all- Have no talent in that regard and always happy to admire other people's creativity and talent. What are you? Builder or Player or Both?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Both. I learned to build so my Sims could play in environments I create for them.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Both. I build when I'm not sure what type of household I want to create and play, and I play when I'm not sure what I want to build.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Both. Right now my play is on hold so that I can build/rebuild some lots in Del Sol valley so that I can continue the play I want to do.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Both Player & Builder.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I do both, right now I'm working on a challenge to build the most expensive, biggest house ever in as few generations as possible
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I am more of a builder than a player though that isn't intentional. I keep meaning to do more playing than I have actually done.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 153 Member
    Primarily a player, but also a bit a builder; as I like building and furnishing the houses my sims live it, and I like building community lots for my sims hang out at.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I thought I was more of a builder but then I joined the forums here a few months ago and discovered I love playing and taking screen shots and sharing my gameplay and I haven't built anything except a few tiny house builds in ages so I don't really know anymore lol
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I build lots that I play in. I do play, but struggle since I have a whims based playstyle. With whims being so meaningless and requiring mods to fix, I am trying to do more challenge based gameplay.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm mostly a player and a bit of a decorator I suppose. I can not, for the life of me build a decent shell with decent roof or landscape a house. So I almost always download a house from the gallery and just make some furnishing changes to fit my liking.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Player. I just download lots or use prexisting ones
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am both. Both are more my forte. CAS not so much since it tends to bore me the most in any of the Sims games. I like to do my own thing with building and playing rather than stick confined challenge rules for both.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Player. Now and then I build if I have too... like if I want a house that looks like something I can't find in the gallery, or if you have to build something simple for a challenge
    egTcBMc.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    I am mostly a player. I have problems building the roofs and outside of homes, so most of homes are based on real homes, that I can see and copy the roofs. I really admire those that can build from scratch. I do like making community lots more than homes. And many times I will take someone else’s build and change it around. I don’t tend to get a lot of original ideas. I make sims occasionally, but many times I will take my townies and make them over a bit if I like them and want to keep them. Sometimes I’ll give them a family of some sort, I play rotationally.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Mostly a player. I technically can build, but everything I build looks like poop, so I usually just don't. There are too many really talented builders on the gallery that I don't have to. I do love making sims, though.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah I'm mostly a player myself. I do like making additions and changes to homes based on what they might need or if there is another family member on the way but uh, roofs scare me. Most of the additions I make are basements.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Builder. I used to play more, but too many bugs/obnoxious new features.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It depends. When bugs take the pizzazz (no offense to Penny) out of my game (like mature gardening plants randomly reverting to dirt piles), I tend to do more building. And when I've built too big, and struggle to decorate and furnish, I go back to playing because I get sick and tired of the huge house. Rinse and repeat.

I love building though, and find it fun when people actually download. I should just build smaller.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited January 2021
    I guess to put it simply I build to play

I find it more fun to play when my sims houses and places they visit are easily useable,fit my storyline,look cool and have all the fun objects I wanted

sometimes i end up building more than I play cause it takes time but it is all in preparation of when i get to playing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I like both, but I don't build that much, and I only build for my sims.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I am a player for the most part, although I do renovate houses that I have downloaded to suit my Sim's needs. I can't remember the last time I built an entire house.

I very rarely create sims either. If I need a new sim I will download a gallery sim, or just grab a random townie that catches my eye. :wink:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I mostly just play. I am too hard on myself to do much building, and like most creative pursuits scrap most of what I make. I rarely do more than redecorate other builds aside from one huge mansion I copied from someone on sims 3 into sims 4.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    TS4 player100% which is weird as I'm a 80% builder in TS2.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I renovate more than I play :/
    I intend to play, but the houses need fixing first.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif