Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Harry2020Harry2020 Posts: 8 New Member
    I own every pack, but I cannot get excited about a ghost pack. I don't like the supernatural gameplay, but hope others enjoy it and that it has some cool items.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Are those green, floating blobs supposed to be scary poltergeist? Why are they turning our favorite game into a game for six year olds? Wait, even six year olds wouldn't be impressed by this........stuff.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Are those green, floating blobs supposed to be scary poltergeist? Why are they turning our favorite game into a game for six year olds? Wait, even six year olds wouldn't be impressed by this........stuff.

it doesn't make sense considering that the majority of their customers are young adults like myself.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited January 2021
    • If you look closely, there's a spooky cube on the fireplace.

• Appreciate the furniture diversity here, but I hate that end table with visible metal hinges
    wow I'm just blind ain't I
    The girl's style isn't that interesting to me. The shirt looks like an earthy version of something you'd find in Movie Hangout, and Daisy Dukes? Not an occult-y look.

agreed. that was the first thing i was very eh about

like to me that just looks like some type of peasant mom about to feed baby -core (i guess its the buttons there is similar top in game already and it also gives me mom vibes so i dont use it much)

Really hope they don't pull a RoM and make mostly realistic BB/CAS to appeal to realism players.
    agreed. as much as i like rom stuff it lacks weird and occulty

I really wish we get crystal ball,tarot cards, seances and spirit board for gameplay and they all look gorgeously occulty and could be done on any table

but if this pack has none of those then idk tbh cause like ghost hunting would perhaps match abandoned house stuff and grimmy perhaps some past games grim objects

but its hard to talk of aesthetics when its just stuff pack and youd want them to focus on getting gameplay right instead

imagining its huge occult pack though yes id love more secret passage ways ripped wallpapers broken furnitures boarded windows and fog in my houses as well as outside

and if its more fortune telling vibe id indeed like some perfect things for my fortune teller room like table with silk cloth and weird occulty decorations
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    If this is a Stuff pack, it will have little if any game play value as SP game play is usually based on an object (ie: Laundry Day where everything was object based). And those green globes of....whatever they are made of, are so goofy and disappointing. Now, if they look cute but turn into weird goblins with gnarly teeth that attack you like Gizmo turned into a Gremlin, then great. But we all know that's not how these will be. They will be so watered down that playing with this SP will just make you angry at the lack of depth and waste of a idea and SP slot.

I have a sinking feeling that this will be like the happiness I felt in finding out that Discover University would have a Secret Society only to find out it was some silly cult that worshiped sprites in a clearing at a rock in a frock. Take them food at the worship alter and they'll be nice for a short time period. WHOOPEE! I was hoping for something more akin to the movie The Skulls where you get inducted into adventure and even after graduating, your sim would still preform the secret handshake to other graduates they might meet.

So, can't CAN wait for the 12th to see how I'm going to be disappointed yet again. If this is any indication, 2021 is going the same route, Sims-wise, as 2020.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I really wanted happy haunts. The game needs more strange in it. I hope this is it.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm looking forward to this pack. The Happy Haunts was introduced in a Stuff Pack vote so I'm not shocked that they've kept it a smaller theme - even though I would've enjoyed an occult GP. The furniture looks promising. I'm expecting some objects themed around old dusty mansions or fortune telling and a new freelance career. I'm hoping that there'll be two new careers (ghost hunting and psychic) but that may be too much for a pack of this size.

Maybe the green spirits could be companions for psychic Sims, like the familiars are? Somehow they don't look like something that The Sims team would create to suck up with a vacuum cleaner.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited January 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    • If you look closely, there's a spooky cube on the fireplace.

• Appreciate the furniture diversity here, but I hate that end table with visible metal hinges
    wow I'm just blind ain't I
    The girl's style isn't that interesting to me. The shirt looks like an earthy version of something you'd find in Movie Hangout, and Daisy Dukes? Not an occult-y look.

agreed. that was the first thing i was very eh about

like to me that just looks like some type of peasant mom about to feed baby -core (i guess its the buttons there is similar top in game already and it also gives me mom vibes so i dont use it much)

Really hope they don't pull a RoM and make mostly realistic BB/CAS to appeal to realism players.
    agreed. as much as i like rom stuff it lacks weird and occulty

I really wish we get crystal ball,tarot cards, seances and spirit board for gameplay and they all look gorgeously occulty and could be done on any table

but if this pack has none of those then idk tbh cause like ghost hunting would perhaps match abandoned house stuff and grimmy perhaps some past games grim objects

but its hard to talk of aesthetics when its just stuff pack and youd want them to focus on getting gameplay right instead

imagining its huge occult pack though yes id love more secret passage ways ripped wallpapers broken furnitures boarded windows and fog in my houses as well as outside

and if its more fortune telling vibe id indeed like some perfect things for my fortune teller room like table with silk cloth and weird occulty decorations

ROM was a Harry Potter fanboy dream come true. It wasn't witches and I hate it. There's no spooky or occult. Just Harry Potter wannabe clothing.

Please, bring this back.

That is desperatly needed alongside the days alive and toggles in the other section so we can control how long each stage lives for including pets. Sims 3 had so many options.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I'm excited to get more content, I think I've gotten all I could out of the mountain pack, but yeeeaahhh I was really hoping anything to do with Happy Haunts would be a GP. It's true the last few Stuff Packs have actually been pretty decent in spite of their themes, so it could be ok, it's just always going to feel insufficient. And I also hope those green things don't represent the overall tone of the pack. Cute is not really the way I want this to go. And if it's a choice between ghost hunter and grim reaper as careers, I'd prefer the former. Or at least for it to be an active career, whichever they give us. Is an active career too much for a SP?
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    I think the hero item will and SHOULD be BONEHILDA. But here's to hope...
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2021
    Glowing green turnips. Farming pack confirmed lol.

Looks a bit like that voidcritter, Nymphaea. Description from SimsWiki:
    These helpless looking critters mimic the budding plants that share their forest home. Generally slow moving and lacking extremities to defend themselves, Nymphaea prefer to use their pollen to charm others into protecting their groves. When under extreme duress, they’re known to produce fungal spores that invade animal hosts and allow them to propagate their species in a safer environment.

Episode 19 dealt with several Nymphaea that took over a flower shop and started reproducing at an alarming rate. It took all of Leif’s ingenuity to free his friends from their hypnotizing pollen and relocate them to a remote nature preserve.

Strangerville had alien plants, so I wouldn't be surprised if this pack has ghost fungi. MFPS also had the Babalus, so it wouldn't be strange to add another voidcritter to the game. I don't necessarily think that these glowing turnips are voidcritters, but the possibility is there.

I'm not thrilled by the theme, even less so that it's a SP bc that means that there will barely be gameplay. I don't think we need another Spooky Stuff. Instead of a candy bowl and costume party, we'll probably get a Ghost Buster career and a lot trait. This feels like a waste of the theme. Ghosts alone probably wouldn't make the most intriguing GP, but many supernatural odds and ends could fit into a ghostly pack since ghosts are involved in just about every form of magic and spooky occult. Heck, they could even add zombies.

Build/Buy I would like to see:
    Creepy bayou/swamp style and fortune teller aesthetic.
    40wU62p.jpgXc2xfWI.jpgUoUVI5k.jpg
    This clearly isn't the style of the render, which is kinda sad to me. The first image attached is official TS4 concept art, and it feels so wasted.

Gameplay I would like to see:
    • Fortune teller wagons appearing randomly around the world, similarly to food stalls. Fortune telling with a glass ball, reading palms and reading tarot cards, as well as matchmaking. You could also purchase some creepy items here: ghost summoning candles, occult crops (plasma fruit, wolfsbane, mandrake root, valerian root etc), special crystals etc.
    • Instead of simply getting a seance table, it would be cool if we could get various methods of summoning ghosts and utilizing their energy. Various special candles, drawing shapes on the floor and chanting could be included. Ghost essences and energies can be captured in crystals, which can then be crafted or slotted into different items (jewelry, totems/masks etc) or displayed as is to give off various effects, both positive and negative. The essences can be cursed or blessed to produce negative or positive effects. Essence of death by starvation could let nearby sims' hunger motive deplete more quickly when cursed or deplete less quickly when blessed; essence of death by drowning could make sims nearby drown more easily or less easily etc. Essence of death by old age is a special positive effect, adding lifespan to nearby sims. It can be cursed to reduce lifespan only by a very high-skill process.
    • Expansion of the voodoo doll. New spells and charms: putting the doll in the fridge, under the bed, in the closet, burying it outside, placing it under running water in the sink etc. It would probably just give the target sim certain emotions, but it would be cool if you could influence their relationships and careers through spells. Since voodoo and herbalism often go hand-in-hand, this pack could add ghost-repellent and ghost-attracting ointments to be rubbed on sims, voodoo dolls and haunt-able items (ex. the fridge, radio etc).
    • Zombies could be the result of an unsuccessful ghost resurrection attempt, or a deliberate spell. Most simmers don't seem to care that much for zombies, so they wouldn't need a whole lot of special gameplay. They could sleep in terrain and gravestones during the day and wreck havoc on gardens at night like in TS3, as well as bite sims to infect them and fight sims to steal their clothes or something (since zombies' clothes get tattered and dirty from sleeping in the ground).
    • Plantsims could get a little update. They could maybe receive some evil abilities such as spreading zombie vines and zombie fungi that kill other plants and an "infect with aphids" curse (sims act as if they have lice/fleas and need ointment to get rid of it).
    • I imagine a Grim Reaper career to basically work like a Ghost Buster career. You are essentially reaping souls when you capture them.
    • Bonehilda.

Gameplay I would like to be patched into BG pre-release:
    • Cemeteries. Would be great to have funerals too but they'll probably reserve that for DLC.
    • Fear emotion. Probably not though.
    • Toggles for which supernaturals occur in your world per save.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member

What? What? What?! 😃 A Ghostbusters pack!? Yes. Yes please. Yes! (Liking those cute little green things. Monster hunting perhaps?)
  • EmersedCrownEmersedCrown Posts: 120 Member
    Reading all these comments is giving me such an appreciation of how hard it must be for EA to choose the theme of the packs. We've got every emotion ranging from 'this is incredible' to 'this seriously sucks'.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited January 2021
    Reading all these comments is giving me such an appreciation of how hard it must be for EA to choose the theme of the packs. We've got every emotion ranging from 'this is incredible' to 'this seriously sucks'.

Maybe if they the base game weren't woefully lacking in all respects when it came out in 2014, people wouldn't complain so much. EA only has themselves to blame.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

they don't have it hard they just prefer to ignore their playerbase & add reused & recolored stuff cuz it's cheaper than making new content. they should focus on the game's flaws, bugs & missing content it needs before trying to innovate. if ts4 was in a good state the "this seriously sucks" kind of comments wouldn't be so common
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021
    Until they fix the personalities i still have 0 interest in any dlc (but besides that I still dont play occults except aliens...)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited January 2021
    If it’s “Happy Haunts” though, and it looks like it, it would mean they make DLC rather faster than we think, because that idea was voted for last year in a survey. So was Snowy Escape, there were questions about a winter DLC in a survey about a year ago or something ? And it came out in November. Which would explain why we find new content half-baked : because maybe they don’t work that long on it/don’t have enough time to do it properly.
    This is just speculation on my part though.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »
    If it’s “Happy Haunts” though, and it looks like it, it would mean they make DLC rather faster than we think, because that idea was voted for last year in a survey. So was Snowy Escape, there were questions about a winter DLC in a survey about a year ago or something ? And it came out in November. Which would explain why we find new content half-baked : because maybe they don’t work that long on it/don’t have enough time to do it properly.

now this is a vicious circle. people keeps asking content cuz the game feels empty. devs feel rushed cuz they gotta deliver packs quickly both for us and for ea. they make the pack, hype lasts a day then people asks for another pack. but the pack was so rushed it still makes the game feel empty. when ts4 was being developed, literally no one other than ea wanted it to be released asap. and this was a big mistake cuz the millions ea enjoyed could've been used to make from scratch a proper engine for the game, which would allow way more freedom for devs to add content. which then would allow for more complete packs, people wouldn't be so needy for stuff and so the game could've been great. this situation is ea's fault. anyways they don't give a fk cuz they're still profiting it thanks to all the people paying for the game, but then again people don't have any other life simulator to play with other than past sims games so their only alternative if they want to play this genre is this franchise. oof
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

What I think are these things are already in production at the time of the survey and the surveys determine which of them they concentrate on finishing first.

I also think they know well in advance what objects from previous packs that they can also add into future packs to keep costs and production down.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

What I think are these things are already in production at the time of the survey and the surveys determine which of them they concentrate on finishing first.

I also think they know well in advance what objects from previous packs that they can also add into future packs to keep costs and production down.

Since stuff packs presumably take the least amount of time to produce, and as the Nifty Knitting pack had notable stretches of time where they were waiting on survey responses, I'm willing to bet that they started work on Happy Haunts somewhere around when the third survey came out since that would give time to 1) get a sense of how much people really wanted happy haunts and 2) pitch it to whomever it needed to be pitched to.

Then they worked on it in fits and spurts while waiting for Nifty Knitting stuff to come through.

But I also agree that they probably had a bunch of concepts for each of the original Community Vote pack themes and gameplay ready to go, just not neccisarily in a format that would work for presenting to the community at large.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I think it's also possible they can put out packs that largely take place in the new worlds, or smaller stuff packs, while working on other updates that fundamentally change the entire game (like the landscaping tool), which might take longer.

But I sort of agree with some of the comments above. I have nothing against Happy Haunts, and am happy for the people excited about it, I just feel like I've been waiting so. long. for packs I've convinced myself are coming, and are fundamental to what I want to play, to come out that I just want them now, I want them to be the next couple of packs released, and nothing else will make me happy. Like if everything I wanted was already out, and then they announced a whole Happy Haunts game pack or expansion pack, I'd think 'oh cool'. I know it doesn't work like that, and if I got what I wanted other people would have to wait, but that's really my only disappointment with packs like this at the moment. Nothing against the packs themselves, or the people who want them - like I say, I'd probably love them if things were different.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I was really hoping for Fairies, Genies or Werewolves. However, I do hope they finally fix the original Ghosts to not have human needs. Also, I'm so looking forward to a Ghost Hunter & Psycic Careers like in Sims 3.
    They're not going to give us Bonehilda as they have already given us skeletons in Jungle Adventure and it's hard to get them to make something once, so they aren't likely to make it twice. Plus, Bonehilda is not a ghost. She's a skeleton which wouldn't fit the theme of a GHOST pack.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They're not going to give us Bonehilda as they have already given us skeletons in Jungle Adventure and it's hard to get them to make something once, so they aren't likely to make it twice. Plus, Bonehilda is not a ghost. She's a skeleton which wouldn't fit the theme of a GHOST pack.

My friend, they can just recolour her. They're more likely to give us Bonehilda than anything else.