Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To everyone complaining about the cuteness...

In the survey, it was called HAPPY haunts.

Not angry haunts.
Not scary haunts.
Not happy werewolves.
Not happy fairies.

I love the cute ghosts who will definitely be friends with my mountain sprites.

Comments

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ?? cute doesn't equal happy,
    i don't mind lovely creatures either but their design looks rather generic and boring.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    If I was a ghost, I'd be pretty happy being destructive and evil.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    That's only a few Ghosts. We don't know what else there will be.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2021
    People know when to be picky. Those little ghosts look way more well animated than the ones from Sims 3's ghost hunting career. The short gif reveals that, cuz in Sims 3 they would just be floating up and down or roundish. Lets see the rest of the pack.
    Loanet wrote: »
    That's only a few Ghosts. We don't know what else there will be.

@Loanet exactly. Those might be good/peaceful ghosts that help us find the evil ones. We don't know. They might even be just pets, or a new void critter in a Void Critter focused game pack. We know nothing, it could be anything.
    Post edited by Forgeron on
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    As a pastel goth at heart, I'm all for cute alongside my haunts. I can understand why some people might not like that of course... but given the overall happy happy bright colours aesthetic of TS4, could we really expect anything different? We don't even have a Fear emotion in the game.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Miricha wrote: »
    As a pastel goth at heart, I'm all for cute alongside my haunts. I can understand why some people might not like that of course... but given the overall happy happy bright colours aesthetic of TS4, could we really expect anything different? We don't even have a Fear emotion in the game.

Sims are not even scared even when the Ghost exist in their front!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited January 2021
    Did someone say happy?
    177316a2b85fa199e165d7aebfc10eff.jpg
    i think these guys look happier
    ...i also again went on ghost hunting on google for "smiling ghost" and spooked myself brb gonna go recover from the traumas

I think happy faces are just scariest thing on earth

not cute blobs but like human creatures doing ridiculously big smiles there is no reason youd be that happy
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It ranked 2nd because the survey made it sound edgier than the typical G rated packs. I highly doubt that will be the tone of the pack seeing how it looks like Casper the friendly ghost. People have been complaining for years about this game being geared *too much* towards children. I don’t blame anyone for not liking a pack that doesn’t resemble what the concepts made it out to be.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Another Stuff pack vote was for Fun-Tech, which included the option to vote for a Voidcritter locator (which I assume is now part of the Snowy Escape kiddies festival?) and a Portable Hologram Best Friend. This is exactly what comes to mind when I see the little green blobsies. Cute Holographic Voidcritter things that need to be located. By a paranormal investigator.They're probably portable too.

What doesn't come to mind is the Happy Haunts I voted for. This looks like Cutesy 'Haunts'. I'm not sure how much more cute I can take in The Sims 4, but I can probably deal with it...
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    No more neutered occult content, please...
    Give us vicious ghosts, scares, and a fear emotion, for Pete's sake... and don't water it down.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I get the happy vibe but you get happy and content ghosts not these odd cute spirits which seem so child like and I don't get the appeal of them. However I am intrigued to see what is in this pack.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    The name Happy Haunts gave me that sort of humorous vibe that I've come to expect from this game and always enjoyed, them taking something dark-ish and making it a little silly, like the Grim Reaper. But that's not the same as having pokemon-looking demons/spirits/whatever. I love tiny creatures too, just not for this particular theme. I say bring all the punny jokes they like but with an element of danger for my sims and grim aesthetics.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Not angry haunts.
    Not scary haunts.
    Not happy werewolves.
    Not happy fairies.

Pray tell me why TS4 needs anymore happiness? It's not like these Sims suffer and die from any misery. Happy Haunts might make sense if these Sims needed happiness.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Not angry haunts.
    Not scary haunts.
    Not happy werewolves.
    Not happy fairies.

Pray tell me why TS4 needs anymore happiness? It's not like these Sims suffer and die from any misery. Happy Haunts might make sense if these Sims needed happiness.

I can not agree more, if I need cuteness there is always kids and pets to turn to, I do not need cute ghosts bouncing around my Sims heads!
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I think that it's great that there will be cute ghosts! However, it would also be cool to get some more scary ghosts and other creatures alongside the cute ghosts. Maybe that will happen?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I think that it's great that there will be cute ghosts! However, it would also be cool to get some more scary ghosts and other creatures alongside the cute ghosts. Maybe that will happen?

I'm all for the cute ghosts also. :p Hopefully there'll be something for the more adventurous simmers.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Some people will certainly enjoy cute ghosts. I hope those who want a darker twist to their occults get their wish when other life states are introduced. I dread cute werewolves running round wagging their tail and being taught to play fetch.....
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Maybe they'll entice the sims with their cuteness and then kill them with their big sharp teeth. Like the cowplant.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Bob Ross once said, "I don't poop myself, I just have happy accidents."
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Just a question. How come Sims 4 caters to age 5 to 8?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I could be wrong but I would think it's to reach a wider audience? Because they know the loyal fanbase will buy either way. I really don't like the childish, silly cuteness this game is built on but I'm still playing because there is no alternative anyway. I do really enjoy it but I'm just saying.

Now with the added childish or cute stuff parents would have no problem buying this for their kids. Because everything is happy and non controversial. Seems like a win win from a business perspective.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

I could be wrong but I would think it's to reach a wider audience? Because they know the loyal fanbase will buy either way. I really don't like the childish, silly cuteness this game is built on but I'm still playing because there is no alternative anyway. I do really enjoy it but I'm just saying.

Now with the added childish or cute stuff parents would have no problem buying this for their kids. Because everything is happy and non controversial. Seems like a win win from a business perspective.

this, and also cuz kids don't rly have critical thoughts, they just want something fun to play with. if ea had to cater to adults they know more cash would have to be spent cuz they'd have to make good quality products as adults ain't easily impressed.
    obviously there are exceptions for anything but still.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Thanks Babykittyjade, that cleared up what I was always wondering for the past 6 years. Also, it does make sense why they promote the Sims 4 game as a very young child friendly game. I've seen some of the alternatives that are so violent, crude, grotesed & taboo. That's why I only stick to my Sims 3/4/Medieval, Age of Empires, Civilization VI & Beyond Civilization games.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2021

Yeah I think so too, I think their marketing is trying to reach the next generation, not people who know about the sims but younger people who watch and play games like fortnite and minecraft and doesn't usually buy their packs, but their parents mostly buy it for them. Like their FIFA games.

It's an odd decision because I'm pretty sure that they have admitted that their main audience is 18-24 year olds (with a high female percentage). So they don't target their main audience.

That, or their marketing thinks that this is what they like.