Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts was wasted!

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I'm so disappointed. There was so much potential but instead it'll be Spooky Stuff 2.0.

If what someone else said is right that they're doing a Tiny Living-Eco Lifestyle I'd be very happy though. I'll probably avoid the community then as I'm sure two supernatural packs in one year would cause horror and it would become very toxic yet again. I'm sure the "nobody wanted this" crew would be out in full force, despite half the community voting for it. Those people are already raging enough by an optional $10 stuff pack, I'd rather not think about how they'd react if it was a full blown EP... :#
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It might be pretty big for a Stuff Pack. We have been getting in-depth Stuff Packs lately.

@Loanet Yes, but still because it is a stuff pack it CANNOT have more than 1 or maximum 2 small new features. So at the end of the day, we already know that since this pack is a stuff pack it will not have enough gameplay to satisfy people's itch for the supernatural.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Ghost Hunter was my favorite career in Sims 3. It was basic....at first. Just catch the spirits which was 3-5 of them on each lot. Then the rabbit hole missions with the storm clouds above the building like in Ghostbuters (original not the garbage 2016 version). Then there was actual ghost Sims you could either talk into leaving or force with the capture device giving choices and morals. Then you could use the detector device anywhere in the world and capture ghosts any time of the day so you could always increase job performance and get more spirits to donate to the science lab and make a lot of money.

Sadly this is The Sims 4. Not 3. So I expect it to be child friendly, have no depth, and be so disappointing that LGR will not review it (just like Journey To Batuu) and the pack will sell horribly. I mean come on they're not giving us any expectations after all these years. I want to like it but I keep reminding myself of Island Living, My First Pet Stuff, Snowy Escape, Discover University, Journey To Batuu, Realm of Magic, Eco Lifestyle, and Tiny Living. All disappointments.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    All I have to say is...what kind of ghosts are those. They are all smiley...LOL Nothing scary about them at all.............

The same ones in Snowy Escape.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I wanted Happy Haunts to be a Game Pack. I did vote for it, but I was glad that Knitting won because Happy Haunts has so much great potential to have a GP dedicated to it. However...the same could be said for knitting. A potential Arts and Crafts GP became a knitting stuff pack. I feel it turned out pretty OK for someone who doesn't have any desire to knit...Some arts and crafts elements were spread across different EP's, such as candle making and brewing. It could all have been in one pack, naturally, but by now we must understand that releasing content that way doesn't seem to fit TS4's content release formula.

To me, this looks like a Paranormal Investigator Career Stuff Pack. I'm not interested in merely collecting little cutesy Yamachan blobs which provide nothing else but emotional auras and something adorable to look at. I want my sim to encounter something very scary indeed and above all, try to deal with it. It would be sad if this pack is only catered to the snowflake culture we currently live in. But I won't be surprised if it does.

I could easily live with an entire EP full of in depth dark occult stuff (In fact I want it). Could have been, should have been, perhaps?
    But I'm going to save my voice from getting hoarse and wait and see before I begin roaring and shouting...
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I would like a spooky GP but I wasn't really a fan of the suggestions for Happy Haunts. Also Happy Haunts was never supposed to be a gamepack. It lost the stuff pack vote. I think it would have been unfair if they made a gamepack of the losing one.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im still going to hopelessly pray for a grim reaper career, though Im already preparing myself for it not to arrive. A SP focusing on occults is still going to be a highlight for me.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    I think there might be a silver lining to this, how small it may be. Maybe they started working on this SP right after Nifty Knitting because they saw how big an audience they had for it. Which in turn means that they might start appreciating their occult audience.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm so disappointed. There was so much potential but instead it'll be Spooky Stuff 2.0.

If what someone else said is right that they're doing a Tiny Living-Eco Lifestyle I'd be very happy though. I'll probably avoid the community then as I'm sure two supernatural packs in one year would cause horror and it would become very toxic yet again. I'm sure the "nobody wanted this" crew would be out in full force, despite half the community voting for it. Those people are already raging enough by an optional $10 stuff pack, I'd rather not think about how they'd react if it was a full blown EP... :#

Dont forget that there would be cries and demands for all supernatural content to be nerfed to near non-existence just so everyone who hates occults yet still spent money on an occult pack wont have to deal with them. Meanwhile those of us who actually like occult play have to once again, shut up and deal.

Perhaps next time we should ask our realism overlords if they would allow us mere occult peasants to have but a crumb of occult play.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    they would scream and rage more if it was a game pack
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited January 2021
    As much as I would have loved for this theme to be a game pack and am a little disappointed it's not, I'm going to withhold judgement until we actually get the reveal and the trailer. Especially since stuff packs have been getting a bit better than in the past. I know everything is looking towards this being a stuff pack, but correct me if I'm wrong, it wasn't totally confirmed that this was the theme of the stuff pack, right?

Just that a stuff pack is the first pack of 2021 and the gif of what we assume is Happy Haunts. Which means they could be announcing two packs in one day, right? The trailer of a surprise stuff pack, and the confirmation of Happy Haunts later in the year?

I mean, I'm not expecting to much. Especially since @Onverser @InuMiroLover and @krist556 are totally right. Realistic players would have a whole farm (see what I did there?) if this either

A) Was a game pack or heaven forbid an EXPANSION pack.
    B ) We got TWO occult themed packs in one year despite Occult players getting nothing in 2020.

The raging on twitter from realistic players is already bad enough when we don't even know with certainty what all this pack will include.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Im still going to hopelessly pray for a grim reaper career, though Im already preparing myself for it not to arrive. A SP focusing on occults is still going to be a highlight for me.

Oh me too! Ghost Buster career in Sims 3 was awesome, clearly my favorite. I would love it if we could get just one occult career, I don't care if its a sp, well I do but I'll take what I can get. :D Lately the sps have been great at introducing new careers, like the photography career. My problem was I wanted everything that was listed, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Dont forget that there would be cries and demands for all supernatural content to be nerfed to near non-existence just so everyone who hates occults yet still spent money on an occult pack wont have to deal with them. Meanwhile those of us who actually like occult play have to once again, shut up and deal.

Perhaps next time we should ask our realism overlords if they would allow us mere occult peasants to have but a crumb of occult play.

*throws crumbs*
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

Yeah, I've reached a point where I'm like, just give them their darn babies and bunk beds already so we can move on to the fun stuff in peace. Just give it to them, what's the problem? Every single thing that gets announced it's "where's the babies?" and I honestly don't understand why it hasn't been addressed in one way or another. Nobody is allowed to enjoy anything because spiral stairs. Just do it or don't and tell us, already. If people at least know that something isn't likely to come, then they can find a way to move on one way or another. Content creation just seems chaotic now. Make it make sense.
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    LiELF wrote: »

Yeah, I've reached a point where I'm like, just give them their darn babies and bunk beds already so we can move on to the fun stuff in peace. Just give it to them, what's the problem? Every single thing that gets announced it's "where's the babies?" and I honestly don't understand why it hasn't been addressed in one way or another. Nobody is allowed to enjoy anything because spiral stairs. Just do it or don't and tell us, already. If people at least know that something isn't likely to come, then they can find a way to move on one way or another. Content creation just seems chaotic now. Make it make sense.

I'm over it. Once they get babies it will just be replaced by something else. Please tell me you remember the where is university crowd?😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

I'm over it. Once they get babies it will just be replaced by something else. Please tell me you remember the where is university crowd?😂

Yeah, this is true. One completed thing just gets replaced by another.
    #Team Occult
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

This is solely EA's fault, not the people complaining. The base game was and is still incredibly lacking, in comparison to the Sims 2 & 3. Maybe if they hadn't released a bare bones game, there wouldn't be so many complaints.
    You can't blame people for wanting things that they stripped out of the game for no reason at all.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited January 2021

Well Maxis doesn't seem interested in that...this is how they prefer to make content so I think fans are going to keep doing this... There is always someone who is not going to be happy and this is the way that they wanted to monetize on their packs as well so if you ask me, they brought this on themselves.

I just try to accept that Maxis does what they want, and I try to enjoy the content that I am interested in.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I do totally agree with the fact if they are NOT going to ever do something that's been asked for by the fans since the beginning of TS4 (babies, generations, farming, werewolves, fairies, bunk beds, spiral stairs, CAW, schools, open world, CASt, color wheel, cars, etc), then just come out and say that. Will there be people throwing temper tantrums because of it? You betcha! But, will there be less moaning and groaning when a pack comes out that is NOT what they've been wanting? Yes, I believe there would be.

You know years ago, way before we had digital downloads only, when you would buy a physical CD copy of the game, inside that box was an advertisement for the next upcoming pack. I'm pretty sure they didn't have actual release dates, but it was always so nice to "know" what was coming out next.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    All I have to say is...what kind of ghosts are those. They are all smiley...LOL Nothing scary about them at all.............

The same ones in Snowy Escape.

That is even worse :/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I'm still waiting for the day where I can finally say, "Why am I still playing Sims 3 Ambitions & Supernatural?"
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Trust me, once they get the "babies and bunk beds" they'll move on to demanding hotels/resorts and farms. Like these folks will always find something to complain and demand for.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Trust me, once they get the "babies and bunk beds" they'll move on to demanding hotels/resorts and farms. Like these folks will always find something to complain and demand for.

Well, that's what happens when you release a bare-bones base game. People complain.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    As much as I would have loved for this theme to be a game pack and am a little disappointed it's not, I'm going to withhold judgement until we actually get the reveal and the trailer. Especially since stuff packs have been getting a bit better than in the past. I know everything is looking towards this being a stuff pack, but correct me if I'm wrong, it wasn't totally confirmed that this was the theme of the stuff pack, right?

Just that a stuff pack is the first pack of 2021 and the gif of what we assume is Happy Haunts. Which means they could be announcing two packs in one day, right? The trailer of a surprise stuff pack, and the confirmation of Happy Haunts later in the year?

I mean, I'm not expecting to much. Especially since @Onverser @InuMiroLover and @krist556 are totally right. Realistic players would have a whole farm (see what I did there?) if this either

A) Was a game pack or heaven forbid an EXPANSION pack.
    B ) We got TWO occult themed packs in one year despite Occult players getting nothing in 2020.

The raging on twitter from realistic players is already bad enough when we don't even know with certainty what all this pack will include.

@MeowchaFrappe There is nothing to wait and see, this is confirmed to be a Stuff pack and those packs are not gameplay driven, they cost 10$ and have 1-2 small gameplay features, like they always had. There isn't something yet to be confirmed.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021

This 100%. They could come out with generations and farming as the EPs for this year and I'm sure people would still complain if there was one occult pack aswell.

How dare they release one pack that doesn't fit my play style! Nobody wanted this! I decided two minutes ago that I wanted a pack centered around retirement homes, why are they giving lesser occult players a pack they've wanted for 6+ years and ignoring my wants! (But I will still insist on buying it and then insist on making 50 threads complaining about how there's occults in my game until it gets ruined for anyone who actually enjoys it!)