Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

1414243444547...Next

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @divanthesimmer that's kind of is the point of this thread.

@MadameLee Yeah, I'm just glad that it is there if you feel a bit crowded on the Lounge.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member

@MadameLee Yeah, I'm just glad that it is there if you feel a bit crowded on the Lounge.

But how are you?
    6adMCGP.gif

But how are you?

I'm good. I'm not exactly where I want to be in life at the moment, but I have a lot to be thankful for, like my health and supportive family, so I don't have any complaints. How are you?
    phULnBI.png
    edited March 2019

But how are you?

I'm good. I'm not exactly where I want to be in life at the moment, but I have a lot to be thankful for, like my health and supportive family, so I don't have any complaints. How are you?

Was jealous most of the week that my three girlfriends all got engaged (even though one been engaged since October) and I haven't even started dating yet. So I been trying to throw myself into Luminosity or FB games. Also trying to work on the Swansons. I also was throwing myself into bowling on Thursday afternoon with (program)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh sorry @MadameLee .. I did not know the rules .. How are you doing tonight?

Sul sul simmers *wave Passing thru to give you a heads up ... Watch this spot for changes!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 you do have to greet the person above you
    6adMCGP.gif

But how are you?

Was jealous most of the week that my three girlfriends all got engaged (even though one been engaged since October) and I haven't even started dating yet. So I been trying to throw myself into Luminosity or FB games. Also trying to work on the Swansons. I also was throwing myself into bowling on Thursday afternoon with (program)

I'm sorry that you're feeling down. I'm also seeing many people my age getting engaged on FB, but I don't care too much about it. I feel like 21-22 is a bit young to think about marriage, but it's not my place to judge. I've also never been in a real relationship. I would start dating if the time is right, but right now, I have more important things to focus on. I'm sure you will find someone, just be patient and try going out more (that may be hard to do if you're an introvert like me, though).
    phULnBI.png
    edited March 2019

But how are you?

I'm sorry that you're feeling down. I'm also seeing many people my age getting engaged on FB, but I don't care too much about it. I feel like 21-22 is a bit young to think about marriage, but it's not my place to judge. I've also never been in a real relationship. I would start dating if the time is right, but right now, I have more important things to focus on. I'm sure you will find someone, just be patient and try going out more (that may be hard to do if you're an introvert like me, though).

I'm like 8-9 years older then you (and most of my close girlfriends are my age) and places which people suggest (church, parks, library, gym) I could find someone well it just doesn't work because those places I can only find elders or children (including teens) that people of my age don't hang around there. Joining other groups is difficult because it's either in the BIG city (which i'm not allowed to go too on my own) or its on a Monday night (and I have bowling on those nights). That the only way I will meet a man is if the guy has an accident or runs out of gas outside my home, the church on a Wednesday (or on a Sunday which I happen to be there), or the building where my program runs in. The other month I got really ticked off with one of my program peers telling another program peer that Peer 2 should pray to the "Watcher" (replace it with the G word) for a better boyfriend. When I been praying to the ":Watcher" for at least 5 years and still haven't had 1 boyfriend.

But I'm ranting..sorry!! Its a habit of mine

6adMCGP.gif

But how are you?

I'm like 8-9 years older then you (and most of my close girlfriends are my age) and places which people suggest (church, parks, library, gym) I could find someone well it just doesn't work because those places I can only find elders or children (including teens) that people of my age don't hang around there. Joining other groups is difficult because it's either in the BIG city (which i'm not allowed to go too on my own) or its on a Monday night (and I have bowling on those nights). That the only way I will meet a man is if the guy has an accident or runs out of gas outside my home, the church on a Wednesday (or on a Sunday which I happen to be there), or the building where my program runs in. The other month I got really ticked off with one of my program peers telling another program peer that Peer 2 should pray to the "Watcher" (replace it with the G word) for a better boyfriend. When I been praying to the ":Watcher" for at least 5 years and still haven't had 1 boyfriend.

That seems tough. That is really mean for the program peer to say that about you, but just ignore them. Your time will come, maybe when you least expect it. :)
    phULnBI.png

But how are you?

That seems tough. That is really mean for the program peer to say that about you, but just ignore them. Your time will come, maybe when you least expect it. :)

Actually the 2nd program peer wasn't me but a *different* program peer one who actually has a boyfriend.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hey there! I was redirected here from the Writer's Lounge and it seems like a really nice, chill place that I'd love to be a part of!

But how are you?

Actually the 2nd program peer wasn't me but a *different* program peer one who actually has a boyfriend.

I'm a bit younger than you (actually divanthesimmer's age) but I do get your struggle a little bit - I used to live in this very rural area, and a LOT of my old friends from there are by now already engaged, living together, and some even have kids while I'm just here in the city, still living in my dorm, still nowhere near to ever settling down LOL. In the city things are a bit more relaxed in terms of settling down, but by now a lot of my friends are also finding boyfriends and starting to move in together as well. It does make me feel a bit "oof" about it all, since I'm, like I said, nowhere near any boyfriends at the moment. :sweat_smile:

For me it's also more the pressure that I SHOULD be finding a boyfriend because it's expected of me by society (and my mom LOL), than me actually wanting a boyfriend. The last time I was at a family gathering, my mother literally tried to set me up with every single bartender that served at that place. Wasn't the best time. :sweat_smile:
    But if there's anything I've learned from my still fairly short life, it's the very cliché that things will come to you eventually, and often when you least expect it too. I had two friends, one of whom was DESPERATELY and actively looking for a boyfriend, the other telling me she doesn't really care for any boyfriends - and guess which of them found the boy she's been with for 5 years by now within a few months? I'm just placing my hopes on the idea that something like that will happen to me too, at some point... somehow... someday. :joy:

Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi @Firande mother's can be annoying, right? :D
    My best friend has a boyfriend and her mum won't shut up about 'when are they going to get married?'. Jeez let them live their life in peace. :joy:
    Yeah, I feel when you spend too much energy looking for something, you'll never find it, but when you let life run it's course, you never know, it just might happen.
    edited March 2019
    opps sorry I forgot a rule!! Hello @simscognito

@Firande Well since I'm special needs its a bit difficult for me to get out of the house. So I'm only can go as far as Town A , and Town P on my own. Beside that and bowling in Town O. I can't really go places which I might found potential mates. My Town A program has become really boring. In that program we can have friend relationships but we can't have Dating relationships. So the program is out for a potential mate. I don't drink adult juice or coffee so bars and coffeehouses are out. The only good museums are in City T and I'm not allowed to go into the city on my own. So my choices of finding a mate in my circumstances are slim when I'm stuck in this boring Town W. I'm have never lived on my own-except for two nights in 2012 when the parents were away in another town.

In a way I kind of want to be able to have a mate so I can have children so I don't have to rely on either a)extend family (aka cousins' families) b)friends' potential families (their potential children) or c)a complete stranger for when I'm as old as my grandpa and I will need a caregiver like my Aunt M is to Grandpa. Not only that but I want to share the histories of both sides of my family with descendants as well.
    6adMCGP.gif
    I want to try a local program and the person I thought was still with it isn't. She CCed the email I sent to her to the other person. But I don't know when I will get an answer back.
    6adMCGP.gif
    banna owu,
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I forgot all about this thread! I love this thread! Hi!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I forgot all about this thread! I love this thread! Hi!

hi! I found this thread when I had to look through the Writer's Lounge for the other thread
    6adMCGP.gif