Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone actually visit the museums?

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I think I need to rethink my use of Museums, Art Galleries, and Libraries.
    I deleted my Museum because I needed the lot for something else and I had the Art Gallery as a cultural alternative.
    I read the description for the Museum community lot and it reads like how I am using my Art Gallery. I happen to be playing my Snobby, Art Loving sim at the time, whose family has also amassed a lot Selvadoradian artifacts, but she has no archeology skills herself.

So I added some Selvadorada objects to the Art Galley.
    01-05-21_9-40-03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She is also a style influencer, so she can look at art and get inspiration for being a fashion stylist.
    01-05-21_9-33-38_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It seems her best bet for building that archeology skill for now is a book.
    I do like this as an alternative setting to the library. She fits in better here.
    01-05-21_9-57-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I also put in some research computers to make this lot more flexible.
    01-05-21_9-56-48_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My art gallery is set up with a room for Get Together Art Clubs.
    My sims aren't ready for it yet, as one of them is still a child. But they will form one when he is a young adult.
    I will furnish it at that time.
    01-05-21_10-35-41_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The Sims 4 worlds are too small to have the same community lots in each world.
    So San Myshuno will have the only art Galley. Windenburgh has the Library that used to be in Brightchester. My College Prep/Boarding school has taken the lot where the library used to be. I'll think about locating a Museum in one of the other worlds.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I've been meaning to renovate them to make them more interesting. My Brindleton Bay is filled with occult sims, so I was thinking of changing Deadrass Museum to a magical culture museum. If only Realm of Magic came with more magic-y Build/Buy. Here's hoping we get Happy Haunts, otherwise I'll have to use mods.

I did have an idea to force myself to use them, though: Field Trips. Book a day off from school by making a Field Trip holiday, then have child and teen sims spend the day at a museum. The problem is that I'll have to redo each museum with foot stands, food courts and other stuff to give them more substance.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Yes, I do it relatively often as the third milestone of "Painter Extraordinaire" aspiration is to "View or Admire 3 Paintings at a Museum".
    Happy simming!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like having my Sims visit the museums, but museums are one of my favorite things in real life.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Museums are one of those places where clubs really come into play. Get a club with 5+ sims, set the club with View Art, GIve Speeches, Paint, Use Science objects, etc and then make an interesting museum for them to visit and it becomes pretty lively.

Kerrigan's first house became a museum after she went famous. She had several collections, some Sixam objects, the Mother's tendril, and all kinds of science stuff. I also put her autographed photos on several walls which draw a lot of attention. I think the biggest thing is just making sure it's a place sims can hang out comfortably. Bathrooms of course, some sort of food, Coffee, and activities they can do together. At Kerrigan's house I used the rope dividers in most of the house but left the kitchen and bathroom open for visitors.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Museum lot is needed for one aspiration. Other than that, I have one with lots of long galleries where my vampires portraits hang. They hang out there too. There is also easels for skill building and collections various sims have completed and donate. And don't forget Kleptos :)
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I've been meaning to build a massive art/science/history museum housing all the collectibles, donated by my Sims.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    We have museums? :D I bulldozed them and put other venues in their places. The one in Brindleton Bay I replaced with a gallery lot by Lilsimsie, I think, which she designed as a bed and breakfast. Now that we can have rental lots in any world, it really is a bed and breakfast. I was pretty chuffed about that.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah I specifically mostly just use it for an artistic club and some quiet dates. Museums are great date spots! Though it also struck me as a place Snob sims would like to go so sometimes I pull those guys over.

I still kinda like how each of the Museums that come with the game have their own theme. Willow Creek's is more classic art, while Oasis Springs is modern. Brindleton Bay lines out the local history (which you mostly only get in Build/Buy) and Del Sol Valley's focusing on film iconography.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Nah. They just end up being torn down for something my sims will actually visit.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I use to, one in Dogs and Cats world is pretty nice. But now I mainly go to have my klepto sim get a new decor for their house and make some money maybe.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I've had a couple clubs that meet at museums but socializing was the primary goal. My one sim had a club with her child-aged grandchildren that met at art centers and a club with her teenage grandchildren that met at museums. She was trying to get them some culture. But mostly I used them to keep the cousins in touch.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member

I rarely let my sims travel anywhere in Sims 4 because I hate the loading screens however I had an idea to keep a record of my families in my save in a museum or art gallery. I can't build for peanuts so I downloaded a lovely building from the gallery and converted it to my liking. It has several floors with skill objects such as painting easels, chess tables, and a piano and other musical instruments for the sims to play with. They love the easels and I move the completed paintings off and onto the walls for display. Most are pretty bad but they don't care.

I kept one floor simply for the photos of my sims and it is not accessible by sims. I am always afraid of the kleptomaniacs. This is a pic of what it looks like. Sorry, not the best photo but it was intended just for my records.

ACtC-3f5lPdUiFa7ozbg_yPpfbrbC-_EZpoXIFUh7JNH8EuMzHMyVArcnizzlVVz4rF67qpaXrAx8HDuU_f-Syv1eOzPdZvLzmuvEayY5Yd2n4zMBNbXYfuSBZHwqxP3RRHq7RPKOyCVxs-ea84g38_RqmIFdQ=w2090-h1182-no?authuser=0

The colour coding on the frames is intended. Each family has their own colour and their son or daughter inherits it. Yeah, I know. It's weird.

I am not playing Sims 4 at the moment. I am fully immersed in Sims 3. However, I will go back one day and maybe this will be my dynasty complete with a photographic record of the hundreds of families who once existed. That is unlikely of course as I have the attention span of a gnat, but I always have grand plans.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have sims that do. I make them into town halls in my game though.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No, I've deleted mine and put other more useful to me type lots because the worlds are so small I need all the lots I can get.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I sent my sim in my last play all the time. She was an archeologist. I rebuilt the museum in the world that cane with Get Famous (sorry its name escapes me at the moment). She would throw her fund raising parties there and I had her work there on her archeological finds and things sent into her to do.

I also demolished the museum in Willow Creek and replaced it with my Creekside Museum build. I have that place set up as an all in one hobby haven along with a wedding venue.

That sounds like a useful way to play in them to be honest, thanks for that idea!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Never.
    Onverser wrote: »
    The only time I ever visit them is to bulldoze them

Yeah I removed them all as well haha.
    CK213 wrote: »
    I think I need to rethink my use of Museums, Art Galleries, and Libraries.
    I deleted my Museum because I needed the lot for something else and I had the Art Gallery as a cultural alternative.
    I read the description for the Museum community lot and it reads like how I am using my Art Gallery. I happen to be playing my Snobby, Art Loving sim at the time, whose family has also amassed a lot Selvadoradian artifacts, but she has no archeology skills herself.

So I added some Selvadorada objects to the Art Galley.
    01-05-21_9-40-03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She is also a style influencer, so she can look at art and get inspiration for being a fashion stylist.
    01-05-21_9-33-38_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It seems her best bet for building that archeology skill for now is a book.
    I do like this as an alternative setting to the library. She fits in better here.
    01-05-21_9-57-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I also put in some research computers to make this lot more flexible.
    01-05-21_9-56-48_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My art gallery is set up with a room for Get Together Art Clubs.
    My sims aren't ready for it yet, as one of them is still a child. But they will form one when he is a young adult.
    I will furnish it at that time.
    01-05-21_10-35-41_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The Sims 4 worlds are too small to have the same community lots in each world.
    So San Myshuno will have the only art Galley. Windenburgh has the Library that used to be in Brightchester. My College Prep/Boarding school has taken the lot where the library used to be. I'll think about locating a Museum in one of the other worlds.

Your screenshots always motivate me to do something like that! Looks amazing.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Not unless I'm playing a sim that has a specific need to visit a museum. I find them boring to visit with sims. They just stand there staring at art and it's really not all that exciting to watch.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Not unless I'm playing a sim that has a specific need to visit a museum. I find them boring to visit with sims. They just stand there staring at art and it's really not all that exciting to watch.

I feel the same about museums, sadly there's not much to do in them and sims can get their art fix just about anywhere as they can't really distinguish between good or bad/average art.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I made my own with a café in the basement and several easels in the art studios on the top floor. It's a good place to get the art skill. You could also put a photographer's studio and show photographs there with the Moschino pack installed.

I had to rebuild the toilets I made as somebody got stuck in one!
  • GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    No, it's terrible as it doesn't offer any game play benefits. You can't even look at art together and the interaction has 0 meaning, cause sims just stare at it for some minutes and that's that. I honestly don't even get why museums are a thing. They could add in some mystery when it comes to visiting museums at certain locations that have a lot of history and stories to be found like Selvadorada. Or perhaps if it came with perks by reading art descriptions and looking for clues. But no, the team does not seem to be that creative.
  • MichaelPicoSMichaelPicoS Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes i do