Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Oh my gosh! I've been so busy lately I hadn't even checked results! Winning was a huge surprise! Thanks, all! I look forward to more entries!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited January 2021
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 141 - A Small Family in Need

@icanhasims
    cV7ZFA7.png
    Great curb appeal and gallery shot! Love what you've done with the shape of the home, makes for an interesting build and the very pretty landscaping really sets it off. You made excellent use of the limited outdoor space fitting a lot of things in without it feeling cramped, impressive. Nice use of the interior space and colour scheme too, and I adored your balcony for the mother and son to share. Lovely!

Suggestions: Your choice of foundation didn't really match the feel of the rest of your build, I felt a solid stone base would have worked better with your design. I enjoyed your slideshow but I would also have loved to see a top down of the entire plot.

@becka28
    zg6Ig5N.jpg
    Love the backstory to your build, and that you've decorated to remind your sim of home. Also enjoyed your additional build to create the sense of community, great idea! The planting in front of the steps makes for a very nice entryway and your layout lets the home feels spacious despite it's small size. Great job with the limited pack use too!

Suggestions: The curve on the upper roof is a bit angled. I downloaded your build to check - if you click 'shift+C' with it highlighted it immediately smooths out. I find the extra manipulation points are always useful but can be an especial godsend on small curved roofs. The yard was pretty but a little bare, you had 3.5k spare that could have been used well out here.

@jazmi1396
    If0QZR0.png
    What a beautiful plot! I love how you've made a veggie garden and used debug to create a real lived in feel to the yard; again, adding a similar build the next plot gives a lovely sense of the community. Great use of space indoors too, I had to go and check you'd really managed that in 84 tiles :) Each room is beautifully done; I particularly enjoyed the wall unit under the TV and the lovely bathroom. Awesome work!

Suggestions: Not a lot to suggest with this one. The only thing I was unsure on was the use of the sheer curtains on the windows in the great room - the valance from the same pack (sized down) would have matched the lovely long lines of your unit and not clipped into the counters/shelving.....but would also have put you 1k over budget & I understand sometimes there are simoleon choices to made!

@Simrissie_Rykel
    tP1mOWH.png
    I adore your courtyard - so simple yet classy & effective, love it! You did a great job fitting the brief into 64 tiles to hit the tiny criteria and I wouldn't say it was undercluttered at all. I like how you used the angled wall to help delineate the areas. I enjoyed the beds in both rooms and using the Tiny Living desk for the dressing table worked really well. A very nice tiny home indeed

Suggestions: Your roofline seemed somewhat unloved & out of balance compared with the rest of your build. The flattened hipped roof over the son's room didn't really work - one idea would be to copy the main section and reducing it to fit, this would keep your angles the same and provide more flow; also extending the eaves by one can make the roof feel part of the build rather than just 'plopped on'.

@Clousinators
    YcdDqZD.png
    Lots of curb appeal here with the path and the porch, nicely done! Great use of terrain paint over the whole plot to create both depths for your plantings and to define the different areas - I really enjoyed your garden. Inside feels as light and bright as your description promised, and means the home feels really spacious despite it's small footprint. I love the upper balcony....and I bet the son will love having the quick escape ladder down! Great job!

Suggestions: Watch out for tricky bushes clipping their way into your home, and also for your curtains clipping into tables, counters and the bedhead. It's a small thing in such a lovely build, but it can be the little details that take your homes to the next level :-)

@KitelDesigns
    RChkJ2l.png
    I loved the shape of your home, some lovely bumps and cut outs to add interest, and you did a good job with the planting and terrain paint to create a yard that really suits your build. The two storey lounge area added interest inside the home too; the layout worked well within the unusual shape. The son's room in particular was bursting with his personality and the postcards were a lovely touch! Nice work!

Suggestions: Some of your slideshow shots had quite a lot of fish-eye effect. Good screen shots of a small build can be pretty difficult but there are some good tricks out there to allow you to show your build off to best effect - a quick google search brings up loads, but a rule of thumb is only zoom out 3 or 4 clicks and try to stay at eye level if you can. (Personally, I’m not above temporarily taking out a wall if I'm really struggling to get a good view of an area!!)

@Wendyology
    N1Howaw.png
    What a fabulous gallery shot! The riot of flowers and plants at the front looks simply stunning, and I love how you've carried the purple bougainvillea colour over the sides of the house (even the trash bin looks like a feature!). Totally agree it's an area that encourages outdoor living. The splashes of colour bring the simple interior to life, and I liked your choice of backsplash too. Joaquin's vivid room made me smile - trust a child to adore a colour completely different to the rest of the house - and it was nice that your slideshow ended back with the more serene mom's room. Lovely build!

Suggestions: Your great room is very nicely done but after the riot of colour in the garden, I’d have liked the interior to match it's level of intensity just a little more. I felt a couple of walls in just a slightly bolder colour choice for that room would make the feel interior and exterior more cohesive.

@RachelShennan
    fguUyxn.png
    Such a bright and cheery first shot, love it! Very pretty plantings too, and that terrain paint was a great choice for your path - the yard looks simply lovely. I loved the flower arranging area, great idea and well executed. Nice and bright inside too, with a layout that fits a lot in without feeling cramped. You've created a lovely cheerful feeling for the new home, beautiful!

Suggestions: Your kitchen looks lovely but be careful with your clutter placement. You need to leave at least one counter clutter free so that your sims can prep for their cooking.

@Soloushen
    KeHUhdP.png
    This tiny Tudor cottage is so cute! I love the bay and the windows you chose for it, and mixing the simple fence with the flower hedge works really well this build. Good job with the path around to the gazebo too. The seating area with the window seat looks lovely, and it's great that you managed to fit 2 bedrooms into this tiny footprint - well done!

Suggestions: You made lots of lovely spaces in this tiny build and I felt with just a couple of changes you could have fit more in. It's great you got a study into the home but it felt a bit empty; if you move the mums room upstairs, the second downstairs room could have held a study plus a dining area - and the build would have a more realistic flow too.

@Taoron
    fNdHXvs.png
    I very much enjoyed your build back story, and the thoughts that had gone into providing for this small family! You have built a lovely lot for this Tuff Shed home, with great use of the space and a nice level of terrain paint use to bring the area to life. Likewise the interior layout is well thought out and you've done an excellent job with toning the colour scheme. In particular I loved the bedrooms, both are really well done with tons of personality - the Ikea style toy shelves are a fun touch and the Mom's room is so just bright and airy. A beautiful home for this small family, excellent job!

Suggestions: As requested, no suggestions (which was good as I didn't really have anything for this build!)

@PINKUSFAMILY
    XLP28ZO.jpg
    Great job in making this home exterior look way larger than its 84 tiles! I love the half-octagonal room at the front, really adds interest to your build, and using the pentagon roof was a fab solution to get around the awkward sizing issue the octagon roof has, excellent technical work. Again, you made such good use of the interior space I had to download to check the tiles - well done! I also love the colour scheme & decor through your living areas, it feels cosy and lived-in-cluttered but still very usable. Very nice work!

Suggestions: Just one small thing - your Mom's room was lovely, but after the flow of the toning colour scheme from the exterior into the living areas the change in colour and pattern was a little abrupt - sometimes coming back to look at the overhead view after a break can help keep that cohesion going.

@SimTresa
    6GNlJ1j.png
    Another home with lots of curb appeal - love the consistent contrasting black and that Peacock window is a great touch! Very pretty flower beds and nice use of the terrain tool to create depth. Nice job with the layout and getting two bedrooms in there without it feeling cramped, and you even managed to get a laundry in, impressive! It's so cute with the craft table is next to mom's desk, I can just see them both there working away together :) A lovely build for this small family!

Suggestions: Just a couple of thoughts - watch the height of your pictures and posters, moving them down to sim eye level can make your room seem more realistic, and a reminder to check your plants positions are all accessible in live mode…those poor plants on the back row will wither away if the sim can't get to them!
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Taoron
    2nd Place goes to .... @Jazmi1396
    3rd Place goes to .... @RachelShennan
    nVH7c4P.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@icanhasims
    rf0zSs3.jpg
    You have created a lovely multipurpose room for this tiny home that makes good use of the space to create sperate areas within the open plan, and I enjoyed how you pulled from different packs to bring it all together (often easier said done!) - I thought that the mix of Eco Lifestyle chairs worked very well with the Tiny Living pull down, and the Kids Room ottoman looks great as a window seat.

Suggestions: For me, the dining table looks a little out of place in the brown and I would have changed the swatch to white to fit in with the room a bit more.

@Soloushan
    cWTBdqC.jpg
    Your living kitchen feels very cosy, I can just imagine the son curled up on the window seat while his mum is cooking dinner! You’ve done a great job creating a real family space, and you made some great deco choices that helped build that cosy feeling.

Suggestions: A personal preference but I’d have moved the cabinets down one, even with the mid height walls (I like to at least pretend my sims can reach them if they wanted!)

And the winner is .... @icanhasims
    9tmzSQG.jpg?3
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@icanhassims
    ZB7VilA.jpg
    Great choice of traits to match the back story for Stacie and Austin, they make a lovely family - makes me so sad that he was so hungry he’s now a bit of a glutton though! I felt that the outfits chosen represented their financial situation well, cute but not over the top.

@Becka28
    EZtG4ke.jpg
    Loved this backstory, and your chosen traits explained perfectly both why Ngaire ran away in the first place and why she wants to get back home. Good outfit choices for their personalities too - Ngaire has mostly pretty but basic outfits and a couple of more expensive ones to tie into her Fabulously Wealthy aspiration for when she wants to impress, and it’s fun that Rawari is trying to find his own style

@KitelDesigns
    3wv69Wx.jpg
    Oh no, what a sad story…and the poor cute dog getting injured too! I felt the traits for the dog and the child especially matched their past and upbringing, and that Joslyn’s outfits were perfect for her – she has a definite sense of style and your outfits let the self assured, loving mother shine through.

@wendyology
    945wwGR.jpg
    Your tragic llama stampede made me sad and laugh at the same time, love it! Excellent choice with Lauren’s outfits; she has a lovely casual, stylish modern look that makes her personality clear, and you’ve picked party & formal outfits that are stylish but not over the top (which isn’t easy to do with this style!). Joaquin’s outfits reflect also that he’s trying his hand at his own style but still showing his mum’s love of casual style.

@Soloushen
    GmPYxSN.png
    I like what you’ve done with the facial manipulation for Meg, and love Finn’s gappy smile, they’re a lovely family. Her hairstyle and outfits reflect that she focuses more being looking after her family and their future rather than spending loads of time dressing herself up. It was lovely to the two of them having such a good time together, they look like such good friends.

@SimTresa
    CPcLaLO.jpg
    Silly Veronica falling for that awful older man, I guess that was her Fabulously Wealthy trait getting the better of her! Her outfit choices really make her look self assured, and the neat trait comes through too – she just looks neatly put together in every choice. Antonio’s choices show his creative spirit and, I think, a love of indoor activities. Great choices for both of them.

@Pinkusfamily
    SU1YOaN.png
    I love how you’ve shown the outfits together for this mum and son – they look like best of friends in those photos! Janie’s look and stylistic choices show that she comes from a wealthy background but has managed to adjust now to supporting herself, nicely chosen. Joey comes across as a boy who clearly wants to help his mum, he’s so sweet.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @wendyology
    2nd Place goes to .... @SimTresa
    3rd Place goes to .... @soloushen
    vaW1suz.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare ,

The feedback is greatly appreciated..

Awesome Creations everyone..

Congratulations to the winners !

In my opinion all are winners !

Happy New Year !
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Thanks so much @BuildnShare especially for the roofing tip - grrr roofing always a challenge.

Everyone's builds and sims were amazing and I really admire the talent of the winners for making their tiny homes look so large.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Oh wow! Thank you @BuildnShare and congrats to everyone for all of the wonderful builds.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    What a nice thing to log back into after a busy holiday season. Congratulations to all the builders!
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 142 - Fall Designer Showdown

@MaryKup
    qEVsP4M.png
    What a lovely Southwestern style home! Great choice of windows, wall sculptures and plants to create a very attractive frontage, and I love the half hidden broken jars in the shrubbery areas, a really cute touch! Good use of layout for home, your open plan living area was well defined and sectioned nicely and every room fell bright and airy, just as it should in this design. I enjoyed the consistent use of blues offset with orange throughout the build, which created a nice cohesiveness with enough variation in pattern to keep it interesting, and each room was attractively decorated. The rear yard was my absolute favourite part of this build though, lots of different areas for your sims to enjoy and so prettily laid out with the same choice of planting as the front, I loved it! A very lovely build, well done!

Suggestions: Personally I’d have moved this Southwestern home to a hotter world, probably Oasis Springs; I think the desert climate would have suited your design better and a well matched location can make the world of difference to your gallery shots and views. For your build itself, a quick tip for your glass sun roof over the deck – if you add an exterior trim to the panels the white under edges disappear and so does the glitchy pixel effect!

@icanhassims
    8QfyvdH.png
    Firstly, what a fab backstory to use for your build…and you’ve built the perfect mansion to go with it! Great choice of location for a party mansion too. I love the frontage with all the glass for both the house and the fence, the retro lux panelling that works really well for the blocky angular modern design and then just the right amount of greenery to break it up and give it life – nicely done! I liked that you went with blue for the interior, it’s young and modern and well suited to your party vibe. I l thoroughly enjoyed that you’ve taken this in a different direction with the party room, dance floor and even made a room for a hang-over-support butler too, well thought out & so much fun, really made me smile 😊 Your layout flows well and each room has lovely décor; I particularly love the little courtyards! Lots of thought for summer parties outdoors also, right down to the cute inclusion of the juice keg. I can just picture this as a party holiday rental…my sims would have such a good time! A really clever build, excellent work!

Suggestions: The lack of windows at the rear stood out so much that it was clearly a design choice, made me wonder why? My personal preference would have been to fill it with as much glass as the front, although I can that would have made some of the decorating challenging. If not windows, then maybe you could look at adding some other wall décor/sculptures to break it up a little.

@Jazmi1396
    j5wn1HF.png
    Such a very gorgeous home! The beautiful architecture, with a great combination of wall colours and textures, set in the rich and varied colours of the trees and plants just screams ‘fall’ and the smoking chimney, twined twig garland and seriously cute pumpkin/Halloween area are like the icing on the cake. Great use of friezes and roofing too, both very well designed. I enjoyed the interior wall choices; keeping the lofty brick going throughout the open plan layout brought a lovely modern twist into this family home, and your clutter and wall décor all fit beautifully. Each area is well defined and well proportioned, and I just couldn’t choose a favourite between the money tree stairwell, the tv wall, the greenhouse or the pink bedroom over two floors! The pond looks very nice in the garden, and I’m sure the sims will appreciate being able to sneak out of the back gate too. A fantastic build!

Suggestions: Well I definitely don’t have anything to suggest for your interior, and while I’m not sure that any sims would ever actually want to leave your gorgeous home, in case they did it would have been nice to see a few more outdoor activities on the decks and garden…for example a firepit or bonfire might have fit nicely in your fall build perhaps?

@Clousinators
    zb4Cyli.png
    Very nice job with the long sleek long lines of this one storey rambler house. It can be difficult to make this type of architecture look interesting, but your semi formal bushes and entry paths set it off beautifully! I was a little concerned when you said you’d used the exact same wall colour as much as possible in every room, so it was very pleasant to see you nailed it! A great layout, the walls you used it on and the other items you chose for each room meant the green feels like part of the character of this family home and it never felt even vaguely overdone. I loved your bright kitchen with the casual dining and doggy treat table, but oh my gosh do I want the bedroom with the secret chill out room, so cute! I think I agree though that the back of this property is my absolute favourite part of the build too – a beautifully patio, great space for the kids to play and run around…..and that stunning swimmable pond and deck is to die for! Really excellent job, well done!!

Suggestions: Not a suggestion, just a tip for your roof. There was a section of half gabled roof over the front door that protruded because the angles are slightly different – I had a play and if you reduce that piece by 3 but extend the eaves on that side to the apex of the door gable, the piece blends perfectly. It’s always worth having a last check over the roof when your done building to see if anything has accidently got knocked out of line.

@soloushen
    orSuxcp.jpg
    Wow, what an eye catching gallery shot - I’m so glad you pushed yourself to try a modern build for this challenge, you created a beauty! The angles, columns and materials work well to create immediate interest, and your exquisitely curved path edging on both sides of the house was totally worth the hours (and hours?) it must have taken to lay, as it sets off the angular home perfectly. I thought your chosen yellow colour might be tricky to pull off for an entire build but you used a nice light hand that meant it never overpowered your lovely rooms and I loved it. The rear of the property was the real show stealer for me though, I very much liked the palm trees within the build, and the large minimalistic patio contrasting with lush, vibrant plantings to side really works with your build, perfect! Congrats on a great slideshow too, between the fab views & with the light effects through all of those windows you caught some fantastic shots (and the labelled floor plan was a very helpful addition in such a big build, thank you!). Fabulous work!

Suggestions: A small one for gameplay – don’t forget the outdoor trashcan! Other than that – and I’m stretching - it could have been quite nice to make the kitchen area in such a glam house a little more dramatic….the room as a whole is beautiful though so just a thought!

@Pinkusfamily
    IWBHgNO.jpg
    What a great choice of build design for the plot you chose – like your landscaping it’s simple, varied enough to be interesting and fits beautifully in it’s location! I love how you introduced us to the area of home in your slideshow too (and lots of love for the labels!). Your layout is well proportioned and fits so many activities in; you’ve also done a lovely job of creating separate, detailed little areas in all the main rooms – I have to admit I’d kill to have the bedroom with the spa included as my room, but I think my absolute favourite in this build is actually the plant area under the stairs, adding the mirrors was so subtle but added so much, genius! I love that you played with the lighting to add mood to the rooms, it’s something that people often don’t think about. Once again, some great work with lots of detailed clutter throughout that still leaves a very liveable home. Lots for this family to do at the rear of the property too, and I enjoyed seeing them play around out here in your slideshow. Such a very very fun family home, well done!

Suggestions: First one is a gentle reminder to double check the brief – you obviously had a lot of fun with the different colours but from the rules….“*Pick only ONE color to showcase.” So minimal point loss this time, but please be careful in future? Other than that, you’d clearly done a lot of work with the roof with all the different angles for interest but there were some slightly odd gaps and dips; it would better match the realism of your interiors if you extended the eaves a little to eliminate these and smooth out potential leak areas.

@KitelDesigns
    QzPPXzi.png
    I love how you’ve used the architecture and different materials to make this home look like a row of townhouses, so grand and cute at the same time! The winding drive with covered entry is a great idea and adds to the feeling of grandeur for this luxury family home, and the double staircase with large chandeliers make for great entry hall (and the waiting dog was a cute touch!). I love that you’ve added little touches of autumnal decor throughout the entire home. Lots of lovely spaces for this family to use but I think my favourite has to be your dining room - the double table set off with the matching buffet cabinets and the divider screen as wall panels looks fantastic. Great idea to have the picture windows and upper balcony to make the most of the beautiful views from the lot you chose! I’m sure your adorable family will make the most of the pool too…and their very an avocado orchard! You’ve created a very lovely family mansion, great job!

Suggestions: One that I hope will save you some time: I know we ask for lots of photos and commentary in your slideshow but wow, just wow, you really have gone above and beyond! Taking, uploaded and sorting all of those images and then adding commentary must have taken you hours and hours!! On top of that, multiple repetitions of very similar shots can slow down the flow of your presentation and make it hard for your viewers to get a proper feel for the home as a whole - so honestly, 2 or 3 shots of each room is normally enough to capture all the details, and you can compress all of those great comments on to one photo then so will probably only take you a third of the time? Win/win 😊 And a quick one for your build, watch out for tricky trees and bushes clipping into your lovely rooms!

@RachelShennan
    SJrmeIE.png
    This is a stunning plot, from the roof down you’ve used every inch of this 50x50 to create a beautiful home! I love the balance of your outdoor spaces at the front, from the large spacious driveway on one side, past the very attractive plantings and porch and then over to the peaceful flower garden on the other. The home itself is beautifully & cohesively decorated, well-spaced and flows nicely - it exudes personality, and you get a real sense of the family that lives here. Some great choices with your chosen colour scheme, counterbalancing the contrasting colour in each room just enough that each room is different whilst maintaining that cohesive whole, very cleverly done! I agree, the open plan kitchen is probably my favourite too…although the adorable twin toddler room is close. I enjoyed the rear gardens even more than the front - almost deceptively simple, again very well laid out to deliver impact and extremely well executed. Adore the striped lawns, and the veggie & pumpkin plots were a cute surprise. Stunning work, truly well done!

Suggestions: Honestly nothing to add on this build. I can only think of one tiny tip that might be useful for you – in real life grass and path never just blend, so carefully drawing a thin, slightly darker line where the two meet can add just a little more depth and realism (for your lawn I’d try Garden Bedlam or Emerald Forever on the lightest setting and the same room technique I’m guessing you used to get those beautifully straight lines).

@AfterMidnight
    r1k5fsX.png
    What a dream of a Witchy Estate, the covens will be fighting (or duelling?!) over owning it! The architecture is imposing and grand, and it looks amazing on your chosen lot. Beautifully proportioned too, using height and width of the different parts to suggest a much larger plot – very clever! The creeping bougainvillea and ivy look great and I enjoyed your window choices, I’d never have guessed that RoM and Moschino windows could work so well together if I hadn’t have seen your build! Some fantastic decorating and a great job with the both the purple and the layout…the way you’ve used your colour really enhances the magical vibe to this build and even with the build flowing around the courtyard the design makes sense and seems very playable. Speaking of the inner courtyard – well done!! It can be so tricky to pull these off and this is fantastic, especially at night, and I love it. And a Vampire Butler lair/room….just fab, I’m still grinning 😊 Some lovely work with the outdoor areas too, I enjoyed the ingredient garden as well as the backyard with their own magic portal…you really did think of everything! A truly Magical build!

Suggestions: One thing that I wondered was if you’d considered downloading some NoCC art from the gallery? There are some amazing creations that would look perfect in your witchy build and don’t add anything the cost, but I know they aren’t for everyone, totally depends on your preferences and system. Might be worth checking out though.
    3gHHX7s.png

Oh my gosh you guys made this one tough! The scores were all really close and there were less than 3 points between the top 5 .... so congratulations to every entrant and thank you so much for sharing such fantastic, detailed builds! However, we got there in the end so ....

The winner is .... @RachelShennan
    2nd Place goes to .... @soloushen
    3rd Place goes to .... @AfterMidnight
    XyWQiV3.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations Winners !

All The Creations were Fantastic !!

Thank you again @BuildnShare , Your Feed back is Always appreciated !

Wonderful job All !

o:) Diane Pinkus

• Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare! I am glad to read your feed back! Congratulations to everyone! ♥
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 144 - A Winter Festival Miracle

@icanhassims
    xuRwAOk.jpg
    This cute little house is so full of charm! Good balance with the plot use and the yard is simply lovely, the plantings look just right for the build. I love that you created interest with the picture window shaping and that it fits the tree perfectly, and you made great furniture choices to fit the storyline – I think Miss Owens is going to be very happy here!

Suggestions: Your roof lines look great so I’d love to see you take them to the next level – maybe playing around with differing heights for each section, working with corbels and/or adding some roof décor….even just one well placed chimney can make a huge difference.

@KitelDesigns
    img
    So many lovely little details in this cottage! I love the plaque, the pillows sewn by the pupils and all the other info on where the items came from, so cute! A nice bright lounge and I particularly enjoyed the bedroom – and some great artwork choices for this teacher too. The cottage looks fantastic in the festive winter shots, you’ve made Miss Owen’s a great home!

Suggestions: I enjoyed the window frame shape for your cottage but thought the swatch contrast was a bit strong and the brown would have worked better with your brick walls.

@Jazmi1396
    dulXvi3.png
    I love the whole exterior of this build - lovely work with the roof on this build, it looks fantastic! I very much enjoyed your mix of wall patterns too, very effective, and the hedges, plantings and planers are very attractive – so much curb appeal! Your bedhead/built-in is very clever and well done and I adore the conservatory - a beautiful home for Miss Owens!

Suggestions: Even with some very clever design touches the living space felt a little plain after the very detailed exterior, I’d have loved to have more detail in here too - and also some festive decorations maybe?

@Becka28
    PdTwIYn.jpg
    This very pretty coastal home looks just perfect for it’s location and Summerfest, great design choice! The roof trim and friezes work really well and really set off the architecture, and the plantings and terrain are nicely done. Well done on getting all the furniture to tone, I know how hard that is! I enjoyed the layout (especially the window seat turret room!) – it’s simple, clean cut and attractive - I think Miss Owens will love living here!

Suggestions: I thought a couple of contrasting deo/clutter items could have set your lovely living space off nicely. Also, a small one, but there was one wall tile and one sneaky floor tile that had been left a different swatch to the rest, always worth hunting for these when you think you’ve finished!

@liel88
    dIMOgN1.png
    Such an interesting build shape and roof lines for this little cottage, love it! I enjoyed your wall & window choices too. It’s great that Miss Owens has her own pond and the patio overlooking it is simple but lovley. Great work in using the contrasting green and yellow in your attractive main room to give consistency while also defining the areas, and it’s carried nicely through the bedroom too. A beautiful, spacious home for Miss Owens, well done!

Suggestions: Just a thought for playability –the galley kitchen looks fab in your design, but in use the pathing to the kitchen could add a lot of wandering around time (if your sims are anywhere near as awkward as mine anyway lol). You could add a doorway under the stairs for more direct access and reallocate the space where the doorway is now?

@soloushen
    C8QfXhL.jpg
    This is an adorable cottage with lovely roof lines, beautiful! I liked how you raised the terrain a little and created the little pathways, and the plantings are picture perfect – again, amazing curb appeal! The layout and wall covering worked well for this traditional cottage feel and along with your lovely décor give the home bags of character throughout, it was almost a surprise to realise I hadn’t actually seen Miss Owens in the shots! Lovely work, well done!

Suggestions: Another one for playability – remember to leave at least one counter clear in your lovely kitchen so that poor Miss Owens will be able to cook some nice healthy recovery meals rather than survive on apple sauce and crackers 😉

@MaryKup
    8QLeHTt.png
    What a lovely bright home for Miss Owens! I enjoyed how you used bump outs and angles to create interest for the house and the roof, and thought the interior layout was also well designed and utilised. The living spaces are bright and well spaced and I liked how you used the rugs to tie the décor together. The porch seating area is very cute, and I love that it got Christmas decorations too! All very nicely done, great work!

Suggestions: The plot a little bare at the front – if you don’t want to add any more outdoor areas one quick, low cost trick for this is to move the house forward a square or two and just continue your plantings around the back too.

@xamira99
    0w7Sk99.png
    For some reason this adorable tiny home makes me think of Christmas Elves, love it! I think the combination of the 3 story architecture, the bright red curved roofs, the lovely whimsy of the festive topiary trees and how you’ve raised the terrain to make the build seem even taller just create a beautifully magical build for Christmas. The debug garden is very well done and I agree, it looks great on winters night! Your interiors are lovely too, well designed and well laid out; I particularly loved the kitchen dining table with the amazing view and the cute attic office. Thank you for a great slideshow - shots are well lit, well presented and well labelled. A fantastic Christmas home for Miss Owens!

Suggestions: Honestly don’t have anything for this build, great job 😊

@EleneK
    fWJCCyJ.png
    Firstly – Recovery Cottage, what a great name for your very pretty home for this challenge! Lovely frontage with the plantings and the path around to the entry patio, lots of curb appeal. Excellent use of space in your open plan living area allowed you to fit lots in without it feeling cramped, and your furniture choices worked well together. I like what you did with the Xmas tree and the lights out front! Recovery Cottage will be exactly what Miss Owens needs!

Suggestions: The chimney cutting through the roof at the front looked a little odd (and really frustrates me in my builds when it does the same!) – you could try moving the chimney back one square, it would give a very similar look to the front view of your build but without the stone cut through into the roof.

@IllusoryThrall
    7cKgw1N.jpg
    I love that you doubled up this challenge and made your home for a Britechester professor, how clever! The house is pretty and traditional, perfect for it’s location, and wow what a lot of house for this budget, well done! Your décor choices feel spot on for a professor and I like how you’ve used columns and spandrels to create the areas. Professor Owens is going to love living here!

Suggestions: It looked like you were having difficulty with fisheye in some of your shots – good views of small areas can be tricky but there are some good guides out there, try this one from our own @SheriGR maybe: https://sherigr.com/tutorials/take-screenshots-sims-4
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @xamira99
    2nd place goes to .... @Becka28
    3rd place goes to .... @Jazmi1396
    EA7PtNk.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@icanhassims
    5lxjZm3.png
    This is such a cute festive bathroom! Clever idea to use winterfest decorations instead of curtains, and I love how you kept the festive red and green going through the towel/mirrors.

@Jazmi1396
    HN7RYA6.png
    Lovely choice of bauble artwork to fill your bathroom with Christmas cheer! The candles and mason jars look fantastic too!

@soloushen
    PgajsF9.jpg
    What a grand Victorian Christmas bathroom, very classy! Lovely work on your colour choices, it all works perfectly together.

@xamira99
    EaodB4w.png
    Oh my, what a lot of Christmas to fit into a tiny room! I can just feel how excited the students must have been setting all this up, thank goodness they remembered some toiletries too!
    And the winner is .... @xamira99
    9BCQYHh.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@KitelDesigns
    4D5y1k4.png
    I love all the detailed thought that’s gone into this huge group of sims – fantastic work! I think Celeste is my favourite but the diverse teens each have their own appeal too, and I can see why Celeste loves nurturing them – lets hope she gets them on the right career path!

@Becka28
    qq6hPDb.png
    Such great detail for all of these sims! Well done on creating such a diverse group,and giving each one an individual style that fits their personality. Lovely to see the students welcoming Miss Owens to her new home too (and yep, poor Marie - why is there always a playtest fire haha!)

@icanhassims
    9EDQBxC.jpg
    This is a great group of sims! You’ve done an amazing job at showing personality through outfit choices, I guessed nearly every trait right! They look so at home with Miss Owens (especially Michael in the bath!), I can just tell they’ll be round visiting all the time and that Miss Owens will never be lonely with this group!

And the winner is .... @KitelDesigns
    vEEOxbO.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    oh, wow!!! Thank you so much!! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 144 - A Winter Festival Miracle

@AlJay
    Gfg0FLo.png
    A very beautiful cottage which blends into the neighbourhood perfectly. Fantastic roof design and great choice of exterior stonework with contrasting chimney. The ivy climbing the walls provides character and authenticity. Great use of terrain paint to create the very realistic looking driveway and pathway to the outdoor eating area. The interior layout has been well thought out and the open plan living and dining areas create a sense of space. Love the piano design! Very cosy throughout with the fireplaces and your choice of comfortable furniture.

Suggestions: I probably wouldn’t change a single thing about this creation but a few alternatives would be to break the shuttered windows up at the side with one of them being a different style and you could also use another texture on the exterior walls to match the stonework, this would add even more interest.

@AIRIS6962
    9b4z3W0.png
    Rosehill Cottage is absolutely gorgeous. The façade is wonderfully enhanced with the chimneys either side and the front porch made all the more welcoming with potted plants. Beautiful cottage garden planting surrounded by a good combination of wall and fencing. Good layout design to the interiors with a lovely earthy colour scheme providing comfort and warmth. Your use of moo is first class! My favourite areas are the bookcase in the partition wall, the kitchen coffee pot wall with fireplace and the bedhead is awesome. I also love the pantry, very typical in old cottages.

Suggestions: The front speaks symmetry to me and I think the upper and lower windows being lined up would have perfected this image. A lovely addition to the garden would be some seating to enjoy the sunshine and watch the world go by.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the Winners are .... @AlJay @AIRIS6962

5gvhc1F.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@AIRIS6962
    v1QCIrj.png
    Wow, Blanca Navidad is stunning! A very elegant festive bathroom with a wonderful soft palette brought to life with the fantastic flooring. Love the drapes over the bath and the cabinet arrangement around the hand basin. Again, excellent use of moo, the shelf above the WC is perfectly adorned. The candles really add warmth and softness to the room and I can almost sell the beautiful scent.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @AIRIS6962

kPy6Efx.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 145 - Winter Designer Showdown

@AlJay
    sdL9jTV.png
    Wow, what a stunning Japanese style ski chalet! Beautiful façade and several deck areas to hang out and relax. Fantastic mountainous landscaping with lots of rocks and greenery. Your interior design is impeccable and the minimalist theme gives a clean, crisp and neat appearance. The modern neutral tones bring peace, calm and tranquility. You have mastered platforms to create different room levels thus adding interest to these areas. Excellent use of moo, my favourites are the features either side of the fireplace and I also like the double sinks in the master bathroom. It’s really interesting how you’ve used two types of bedding the boys room, unusual yet very effective.

Suggestions: I had to look through your slideshow several times to find something to say here but how do you better perfection?! If I were to change anything at all it would be to add a second wall texture in the bathrooms to add more interest.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @AlJay

Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thank you very much @BuildnShare :)
    I enjoyed much with this challenge.
    I agree about the bench. Maybe it was I couldn´t imagine my sim sitting outside under the snow watching the world go by :joy: I forgot the sunshine and other seasons.
    About the windows, I disagree. The placement of them is deliberated, following the line of the porch roof, and the facade looks simetrical to me, one side to each other. An absolute simetry looks boring to me and not more aesthetic at all.

Congrats @AlJay ! Well done! :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    so BnS 143 Bed & Breakfast Established is still to come?
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER They always take a little longer with the "established" results because thats where most of the entries are.... I was hoping they would make some promotions to make it easier on getting results but I haven't noticed anyone getting promoted yet
    edited February 2021
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 143 - Bed and Breakfast

@icanhassims
    tgZgDj5.png
    Such a lovely symmetrical grand colonial, very imposing. Great idea to create the different kinds of bedrooms and suites to suit guests with different needs and budgets, definitely something for everyone here! The fountain and piano make for a very grand entrance hall, totally suiting the old colonial vibe, and the kitchen looks commercial and homey at the same time (the walk in chiller was a super addition!) Lots of great spaces for guests to relax and the bedrooms are all super spacious and nicely done. Love the cabin on the little hill idea! Lots to do outdoors too, so luxurious to include the hot tub and swimming pond!

Suggestions: I would have loved to have seen more landscaping around the gardens of this old Colonial, maybe some formal pathways and established flower beds?

@Jazmi1396
    5GfgEAK.png
    Your architecture looks beautiful, very grand and suits the challenge well. Nice work with the terrain levels to create an impressive frontage and entry. The modern décor for the interior creates a fantastic boutique B&B feel, and the open kitchen with the signage also feels totally in line with that. I liked how you raised the sleeping area on a platform to separate it from the living space in the family rooms. Great little apartment in the roof for the family, like what you did with the floor tile!

Suggestions: The open plan ground floor looks lovely but a bit empty because of the size; for this build, creating rooms and a connecting hallway might have helped with that. Super choice of NoCC art, please don’t forget to share who the creators are on your entry form.

@Clousinators
    zru6f4e.png
    Seaside Bed &Breakfast is so gorgeous looking – the octagonal tower section really does make the build seem ‘seaside’ somehow, very clever! Great job at making this feel like a B&B throughout too, from the sign at the front through the reception lobby to all the guest areas you really captured the hotel vibe – and the party room was a super surprise, like a secret nightclub just for the guests! The 4 poster beds with the headboard work well and the cute little guest houses look very comfortable. Very nice work with the outdoor areas too, lovely use of space and again fits both the B&B theme and the location very well. I very much enjoyed your tour through the slideshow – even the pigeons are well shot and captioned!

Suggestions: I’m willing to roll with it for what it adds to the build but I’m not sure that the tower fits with ‘Colonial’ definition. It’s definitely worth watching out for your build drifting from the challenge requests during the building phase though… and it is a beautiful build regardless!

@tunafishfish
    8A3GT45.png
    Great job creating this classic looking Colonial, with the 5 symmetrical windows and grand entry porch. I very much enjoyed how you’ve described the architectural elements within and how/when they were updated. It’s so lovely that each bedrooms & guest house got a flower name and were designed to match it, clever! Great games room and guest areas. Definitely feels like a converted family home throughout, and your plan to use the park to make the lot feel much bigger worked a treat, really does seem like it’s in a much bigger estate!

Suggestions: If I read your slideshow correctly, the owners need to share a bathroom with their guests – I think it would have been a nice touch if they had their own private bathroom, maybe converting part of the reading room?

@Pinkusfamily
    nNUYFQd.jpg
    Great idea to put a twist on this by using Spanish Colonial style, and executed very well, it looks beautiful! I’d never have thought to try that Get Famous wall tile but it works perfectly. The lot is well laid out and nicely landscaped. I enjoyed the ground floor layout with the central great room surrounded by the individualised bedrooms, and the eclectic décor gave each room character whilst still remaining true to the overall feel of the B&B. It’s nice that family get lots of private space for when they don’t want to share the guest areas….and the basement is a fantastic area, love that this B&B gets a gym and a sauna too!

Suggestions: A personal preference but I wasn’t sure about the fountains at the front, for me they made the frontage look a little busy and actually distracted from the rest of the build – I just felt that your build and thumbnail had tons of appeal anyway and would have had more impact without them.

@RachelShennan
    MueflS1.png
    Beautiful looking building with the Colonial elements, enjoyed how this carried over to the guest houses too. Very nice grand entryway leading into the bright modern reception. Lots of great spaces for the guests to choose from and the dining room balances commercial and cosy very well too. I love the conservatory! The bedrooms look spacious, modern and nice and bright, and I enjoyed that there is a choice of sleeping options for the guests to choose from. Very attractive patio and grounds, well designed and well executed. So many lovely areas out here and the willow tree pond is fantastic!

Suggestions: You met the brief perfectly so this is just a thought not a negative, but you had lots of space in the family area upstairs so it might have been nice to add in a private lounge/tv area for them.

@soloushen
    RZhSDH6.jpg
    Gorgeous looking Colonial property, love the house and the formal pathways to the door and the car park, very nicely done. Lovely, luxurious looking bar and I enjoyed your dining room – especially the scrumptious looking breakfast buffet! I liked the raised library area …and then got to the cinema, very clever idea, love it! Nice choice of room/cabin options for different guest needs and a lovely family apartment on the top floor. The pond with the bridge is simply adorable and I’m sure the guests will very much enjoy sitting out in these lovely grounds!

Suggestions: The left elevation looks a bit boring compared to the rest, could maybe have used more ivy?

@KitelDesigns
    OpUa0nf.png
    A very pretty Colonial building with lovely symmetry, and filled with lots of well designed rooms – but I have to say, the grounds are the real show stealer in this buildl! The formal area at the front is very nicely done (the guests will enjoy finding the secret garden tucked away in the corner!) and I adore the dry creek bed with the bridge over it, very nice work with the terrain tool and plants to create this! Super cute horse field to go with the stables too, and you’ve made some fantastic seating areas inside and out so that the guests can enjoy the views.

Suggestions: I loved your idea of an unplugged B&B, but I couldn’t find the reception desk to leave my phone, not sure if I missed it? However, I thought the imposing grand entry would be the perfect place to have added the desk.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Pinkusfamily
    Second place goes to .... @Clousinators
    Third place goes to .... @soloushen and @Jazmi1396
    ZL8SnK6.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@JojoMOMSTER
    YNUK6OM.png
    What a lot cottage for a small budget! Super cute building with great brick/shingle choices, set off beautifully with landscaping, and I loved that they get a back porch too. Very welcoming entryway (the apple juice and welcome card is such a nice touch!) and I felt the colour scheme, furniture & art choices through the cottage hit just the right note for a rental cottage.

@icanhassims
    LL4Efsq.png
    I love the traditional feel you’ve created for this cabin, and I can’t believe you managed to get a chess table & bookcase in there too - I’d happily live here for a week! It’s lovely and spacious, well laid out and even without seeing the outside you’ve made it feel very much like a rental within an established estate, clever!

@Clousinators
    s3fQoyZ.png
    Wow you fit a lot into this tiny footprint, it’s adorable! Loved your explanation of why the exterior was kept simple, and you made some beautiful colour and item choices to create a super stylish rental. Great work with MOO building the areas and filling the shelves, and it still feels spacious despite it’s size, nicely done!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @JojoMOMSTER
    jq3boqY.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@icanhassims
    HXVF6vR.jpg
    I enjoyed your thinking behind the traits and outfit choices for the Wainwrights, they made perfect sense for a young couple choosing to open a B&B on old family land, and I love how you thought about they got on together too. Each sim has a clear sense of style throughout the outfit choices and it was nice to see them around the B&B.

@Clousinators
    dqGwtJV.jpg
    Good thinking to make both sims ambitious, perfect for this couple, and I love that Viviana wants to run the best kitchen in town, very realistic for someone opening a B&B with a restaurant. Both sets of outfits were nicely chosen to show the practical style needed for working around the B&B. Fantastic shots of the couple enjoying their home in their different outfits!

@tunafishfish
    moAxDse.jpg
    Loved your back story for this pair, poor Noah having to work for a living after all! Great outfit choices to match each of their stories too, Noah feels like he’s trying with every outfit and Viviana really does look like she effortlessly picked out beautiful clothes at the Windenburg Boutique, nicely done!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @icanhassims
    s9pu1qx.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Ll71I0W.png

Congratulations @Pinkusfamily and @xamira99 on your promotion! Please consider entering future challenges in the Expert category :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Ll71I0W.png

Congratulations @Pinkusfamily and @xamira99 on your promotion! Please consider entering future challenges in the Expert category :)

Yay! Thank you! :D
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Congratulations @Pinkusfamily @xamira99 on you promotions! Well deserved.

Thanks @BuildnShare

While I was too chicken 🐔 to take on the whole colonial B&B, those who did did a fabulous job!
    Congratulations to all the creators ! I enjoyed everyone's entry's ! Such a talented group !
    Thank you @BuildnShare for your confidence in me & the creative feedback.
    Congratulations @xamira99 on the promotion !

Thank you all !

DianePinkus o:)
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Fantastic builds everyone and well done to the winners!

@Pinkusfamily & @xamira99 Congrats on the promotions!! :)
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 144 - A Winter Festival Miracle

@Alisim19
    4tTw4kO.png
    This home is lovely and has so many fantastic oriental-themed build features! First, I thought the exterior was modern and clean – very much to the Asian theme. The roof was quite interesting for the small size and simple lines, which I thought added interest in combination with the detailing and lovely landscaping.

Wow… I’m amazed that those free debug wooden squares are actually useable for the Sim to eat at as if they were an eating surface! Excellent use of ‘free debug items’, and so creative!

Great use of platforms throughout the build! The bathroom, ‘Zen room’, and open feel and use of windows were especially striking to me.

Suggestions: Hard to find ‘suggestions’ – you did a great job here. I would have liked seeing a modest-sized low-table or similar dining table rather than only ‘island/bar’ type seating (if there needs to be one or the other). Unless that’s a cultural ‘thing’ that I’m not aware of. There are indoor and outdoor areas where the wood grain direction changes. I wondered on a couple if this was intentional for design purposes or if you didn’t notice.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Alisim19
    jfuNzTG.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you so much for the very kind feedback! ❤️

And you are spot on - the change in wood grain was intentional (but maybe didn’t work), but in retrospect including a dining table would have been much nicer for this build :)
    Thank you so much & congratulations to you too @JojoMOMSTER ! @Pinkusfamily & @AliSim19 !! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top