Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outrun the Scythe: A Tale of Daemons and Immortals (7/31)

InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
Outrun the Scythe: A Tale of Daemons and Immortals

barold_oneill_jr.jpg

"I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure.
It is a mere destiny I thought,
A threshold I had crossed before."

- Opeth, "April Ethereal"

Blog
Chapters
About, because I anticipate a lot of questions and concerns.

(A lot of this is still under construction, I'm so out of practice :unamused:)
A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
Post edited by InfraGreen on

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    00.jpg

Chapter 0.0. No story can start without someone's end (lies!) Vega Ironstar's an old daemon who needs to go back home and reminisce on an old friend...

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Merry Christmas to all. Sadly my only gift is self-promotion. (Christmas cards did not come into play either, sigh!)

01.jpg

Chapter 0.1. Come receive the gift of life and/or death, and hear the story of the woman who got both...

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited January 2021
    Happy 2021! From the crew at Outrun the Scythe (okay just me and two chihuahuas) to you.

02.jpg

Chapter 0.2. Sheila Drudge's newfound life ends up in the place she wanted it to be all along, and Barry wasn't lying about there being grandkids!

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited January 2021
    Hey there! We're upping chapters to twice weekly now. Tuesday/Friday.

03.jpg

Chapter 0.3. Heathcliff talks a little about the issues plaguing his adolescence. Mostly stuff going on at the town gym.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Cute chapter! I think Heathcliff is my favorite character now.
    edited January 2021
    @KNORear: thank you! I'm fond of him since he's been living in my head for a while, mostly without a personality (that's usually the first detail I want but hey)

And I put a forum face to your WordPress presence which is pretty neat if you ask me.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    @InfraGreen I agree
    Happy Friday! Hoping it's better than, uh, a lot of the week (AND THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING)

04.jpg

Chapter 0.4. Heathcliff, a brand spankin' new young adult now, gets a visit he's been told to fear. Another one-off character leaves us forever too.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    One of my favorite musicians took an indefinite break today, time to post gay daemons.

05.jpg

Chapter 0.5. Heathcliff goes on a special journey to meet creatures he never thought he was related to...and some of his own family too.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Happy Friday! A less daemonic chapter than the last, but if you're a sucker for road trips and Bayless spawn then you're in luck.

06.jpg

Chapter 0.6. Sheila and Heathcliff go on forward with their west coast vacation anyways, but not without some discomfort, bar shenanigans being the least of them!

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Happy "get back to work" day in the US (yes I get MLK day off, state work has its perks) and Tuesday to the rest of ya.

07.jpg

Chapter 0.7. We catch up with Sheila a year later. Knowing that she's old, this teaser image of plainclothes Cara--servant of Death--doesn't really comfort me!

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Happy Friday, it's been a crummy week where I feel like sloppy sculpting Heathcliff. Or I wish!

08.jpg

Chapter 0.8. A year later we get back to Heathcliff's crushed dreams and new city folk friends, both the boring and the unusual.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Last chapter for a bit! Nothing personal, I got a third dog and stuff.

09.jpg

Chapter 0.9. Sheila and Heathcliff start their new lives without each other but in tandem. Barry meddles with death itself again, which may be a worrying trend now.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Finally reading this! Only on chapter 0.4 so far, but I'm loving Heathcliff and Sheila already. But you've got quite the cast of quirky daemons! And something tells me I'm about to meet more!
    Btw, I'm assuming Barry is from the previous Ironstar story? Will we be seeing more of him? I can't forget those lace-up boots easily! :D
    @ThePlumbob: Barry is a newcomer! Though he'd have blended into town long ago.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Here's a shocker: Outrun is back for at least twelve chapters this month due to the pressure of another forum's contest. Basically posting until I run out of stuff! The hope is to get this generation done by November, the reality is :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:
    11preview.jpg

Chapter 1.1. Heathcliff enjoys his wild and crazy nights in Bridgeport that, unlike him, might not have to last forever.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    12previews.jpg

Chapter 1.2. Heathcliff and Matty have a bad Christmas and someone else washes their hands because they've been filthy. (I'm running out of good outtakes and cut images)

outrun / blog / tunglr
    13prev.jpg

Chapter 1.3. Heathcliff doesn't let a new boyfriend get in the way of a spa day with his fellow daemons, however well that will go.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    14prev.jpg

Chapter 1.4. The not-so-honorable Romeo Rake tells his side of an increasingly sordid tale about the Ironstars.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited July 2021
    15prev.jpg

Chapter 1.5. Back at Sheila's, we deal with the squatter situation, cooking duties, and the biggest problem of all: new crushes.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    17prev.jpg

Chapter 1.6. Sheila pieces together the trash heap of Violet's past life and may even be somewhat correct. Tensions rise between the ladies of House Drudge while the men try and keep out of it.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited July 2021
    Double-whammy because I forgot to update my thread yesterday...or Wednesday. :unamused:

17realprev-1.jpg

Chapter 1.7. Sheila throws a Halloween party that almost goes perfectly, and Malcolm may as well have slipped out for an hour to tickle his daughter (CUTE)
    18prev-1.jpg

Chapter 1.8. We say goodbye to Pappy/Spot (you know I’m real sorry for that name system but EA was testing me) and hello to a whole new world of daemons and homosexuality.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    After July 16th I made a bold move for a simmer and touched grass. It's hard to keep on top of forum posts afterwards. I have a big to-do list. So sit back and savor this while I'm out. You have plenty of time, I promise. ;)

I am employing spoilers here since this is a lot.

Chapter 1.9.
    19prev.jpg

Heathcliff completes an important job despite setbacks. At least he still has that boyfriend to rely on…right??

Chapter 1.10.
    110prev.jpg

Heathcliff lives out his days as a party animal while waiting for Romeo to get his act together. Pilona, meanwhile, knows a little more than his nephew and pulls this face a lot (I thought it was really funny)

Chapter 1.11.
    111prev.jpg

In a bizarre new world, Romeo wins the award for having the worst in-law story ever.

Chapter 1.12
    112prev.jpg

Heathcliff and Romeo learn a few lessons about how jobs and in-laws maybe can't get in the way of pure, homosexual love.

outrun / blog / tunglr