Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chez lama stairs bug?

So I still can't use the bathroom upstairs in Chez lama restaurant when I'm on a date, it seems the upstairs bug still present?

Yes my game is fully updated, no mods, it's a brand new save..

Comments

• Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    This seems to have happened after the platforms patch. I edited my chez llama slightly to remove the arch above the stairs (if I recall). That fixed it for me at least. There's also "fixed" chez llama builds available in the Gallery.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yes, there's a bug with stairs at the moment in all builds. It seems if you have open stairs that lead to an open upper level, the sims can't go up them. You can remove the railings along the stairs and upper level to fix it for now. That's what I had to do in my celebrity mansion to get it to work.
    It's an annoying bug!
  • Options
    JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    I found if I replace the missing floor tiles, that works too.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    When open stairs are used the game creates an invisible fence at the top of the stairs to complete the room where tiles can be deleted to open up the stair well. It is broken so with a few changes the stairs will again. Replace floor tiles to the open area removes the invisible fence. Stairs are fine. The bug lies with the invisible fence.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Its this bug https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427 and EA dont saeem to be in a hurry to fix it because their is a workaround, even though it destroys the character of most builds
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Its this bug https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427 and EA dont saeem to be in a hurry to fix it because their is a workaround, even though it destroys the character of most builds

Indeed it does. It breaks a lot of EA builds too, like the Narwhal Arms Club in Windenburg, you can't go upstairs to even use the bathroom.