Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, I cant get rid of the paper bags...

ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
12OWx2r.png

Hello.

I decided to start a business in Newcrest, I never do anything there since it is... empty.

Everything was fine until someday I open my "gentlemans club" and, well... all npcs including my staff are wearing paper bags in their heads. It turns out a NAP was approved and now this is the mandatory dressing code in the entire neighborhood. All my "working girls" and their costumers were doing... their thing while looking ridiculous.

Thats when I thought "fine, I am just going to repeal this NAP and all things will get back to normal." Right? RIght?

Well to my misfortune it seems only Newcrest residents can cast their votes on either supporting or repealing NAPs. Yep, there are no residents in Newcrest... I cant repeal the NAP :D

So would someone know a work around this that doesnt involve neither cheating nor adding new houses and new npcs to a ghost town?

I'd be much obliged!

Comments

• TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    > @Valmont said:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I decided to start a business in Newcrest, I never do anything there since it is... empty.
    >
    > Everything was fine until someday I open my "gentlemans club" and, well... all npcs including my staff are wearing paper bags in their heads. It turns out a NAP was approved and now this is the mandatory dressing code in the entire neighborhood. All my "working girls" and their costumers were doing... their thing while looking ridiculous.
    >
    > Thats when I thought "fine, I am just going to repeal this NAP and all things will get back to normal." Right? RIght?
    >
    > Well to my misfortune it seems only Newcrest residents can cast their votes on either supporting or repealing NAPs. Yep, there are no residents in Newcrest... I cant repeal the NAP :D
    >
    > So would someone know a work around this that doesnt involve neither cheating nor adding new houses and new npcs to a ghost town?
    >
    > I'd be much obliged!

From what I have tested from the past, Sims from a different neighbourhood cannot cheat repeal the NAP. I was thinking if I can make a toggle that can control the Sims from wearing them, though I believe its controlled by Buffs linked to RoleStates. I'' see if I can make a lot trait that blocks Sims from showing up with ridiculous things lol.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    LOL, such a stylish club event :)

I'm pretty sure you can type "testingcheats true" and then shift click a residential lot mailbox in any hood to remove or add any NAP you like. If you need to live on that lot (I don't think so, but not sure) it should be a quick thing to move in a sim from cas to stay there for 5 minutes and then bye bye. If you don't toggle off voting by NPC, you should fill up all 4 NAPs in the hood where this is a problem, or any un wanted NAP might occur later.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2021
    LOL, such a stylish club event :)

I'm pretty sure you can type "testingcheats true" and then shift click a residential lot mailbox in any hood to remove or add any NAP you like. If you need to live on that lot (I don't think so, but not sure) it should be a quick thing to move in a sim from cas to stay there for 5 minutes and then bye bye. If you don't toggle off voting by NPC, you should fill up all 4 NAPs in the hood where this is a problem, or any un wanted NAP might occur later.

9ryICIO.png

Guess I will be moving soon :P

• MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    One of the best mods ever: https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/nachhaltig-leben-eco-lifestyle/

Tunes down NAPS and ends the paper bags. I honestly don't know what I would do without bienchen.
  • BdashiellBdashiell Posts: 1 New Member
    So I am having this same problem almost. Except it's just any time I buy a new restaurant in NewCrest, all my customers and employees have the bags. I have turned off the NAP stuff in settings, I have gone to every single neighborhood and did testingcheats and repealed every NAP, which We Wear Bags wasn't even active in any neighborhood. I even sold and demolished my restaurant in case that was the problem since it game from the Gallery. I repaired the game too. However, I bought a whole new restaurant with a totally different sim and everyone still comes in with bags!!!! Does anyone have another solution other than a mod?
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Valmont wrote: »
    12OWx2r.png

Hello.

I decided to start a business in Newcrest, I never do anything there since it is... empty.

Everything was fine until someday I open my "gentlemans club" and, well... all npcs including my staff are wearing paper bags in their heads. It turns out a NAP was approved and now this is the mandatory dressing code in the entire neighborhood. All my "working girls" and their costumers were doing... their thing while looking ridiculous.

Thats when I thought "fine, I am just going to repeal this NAP and all things will get back to normal." Right? RIght?

Well to my misfortune it seems only Newcrest residents can cast their votes on either supporting or repealing NAPs. Yep, there are no residents in Newcrest... I cant repeal the NAP :D

So would someone know a work around this that doesnt involve neither cheating nor adding new houses and new npcs to a ghost town?

I'd be much obliged!

What if you add a house and sim. Play the sim and have him vote it out. Then you can delete him and the house if you want. But turn off aging while you are playing him. No cheats needed just time.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

The Knight night at the bar, now, much more amusing than the paper bag mask. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png