Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patreon Users

It is my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought CC creators are suppose to release their content after 2 weeks of being released to paid/patron users.

How do I report one that hasn't released any content after being months even years released to patron paid users?
WbUrFQm.png

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't know. Someone else can probably tell you but you will be reporting left and right because that seems to be the new trend 😆😆😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Lee12321Lee12321 Posts: 318 Member
    I thought it was their choice to release it to the public when they like?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Lee12321 wrote: »
    I thought it was their choice to release it to the public when they like?

Here are the Patreon rules: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16175450/#Comment_16175450
  • GamewithcraigGamewithcraig Posts: 2 New Member
    if people are doing that it's disgusting and amoral to those who stick by the rules it makes them look bad.
  • shenandoah_valleshenandoah_valle Posts: 20 Member
    I have a question regarding this, I know it's against EA's TOU for creators to put their CC behind paywalls and never release it for public download but what about commissions (i.e. where you commission someone to build a lot, make a sim, etc for a price). Technically, the CC used isn't up for public download, it's just sent to one person who asked for the commission so does this also fall under the same TOU breach as patreon or is a bit more relaxed in this sense?
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I have a question regarding this, I know it's against EA's TOU for creators to put their CC behind paywalls and never release it for public download but what about commissions (i.e. where you commission someone to build a lot, make a sim, etc for a price). Technically, the CC used isn't up for public download, it's just sent to one person who asked for the commission so does this also fall under the same TOU breach as patreon or is a bit more relaxed in this sense?

If it's not for public consumption and is only for the one commission, why would someone need to release it?

What they are trying to prevent with the TOU is someone who has ongoing access for their creations but is expecting to continually get paid for it. A one time payment is not the same thing. (And if it was something personal that they commissioned, they may not want the world to even see it.)