Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying To Record The Sims 3 Gameplay, But Video Quality Is Too Dark

The gameplay is normal, but the video product at the end of the recording is too dark. I know this is a relatively common issue with TS3.

Do I have to play in windowed mode for this reason - recording? If I have to play in windowed mode, then I don't think it's worth it, because I intentionally play in fullscreen mode because I want to make sure that the frame rate is capped at 60, no more.

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Yeah, I think that's the only solution here.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If I have to play in windowed mode, then I don't think it's worth it, because I intentionally play in fullscreen mode because I want to make sure that the frame rate is capped at 60, no more.
    While vertical sync is not effective in windowed mode, fps capping is (or should be). How to arrange that and whether a third party tool to do so is required depends on the graphics card.

The latest versions of many Nivida drivers include a setting for explicit fps capping and there is still Nvidia Inspector for those who need to add it on. For AMD cards, many of us have success with RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    RivaTuner also lets you run TS3 in Windowed Fullscreen.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr