Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 and real world continents

Unlike some simmers and unlike Sims Community page I guess there are 3 continents at TS4 world:

Europe
Windemburg
Forgotten Hollow

Asia
San Myshuno
Mt. Komorebi

Americas
all other worlds, even Sulani, an island near Selvadorada

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    So, should we hope for an African world next? I don't really like to think the worlds are real world cultures, but there's should be plenty of old and new cultural elements to use from such a big continent.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would like more places represented. Sixam and the Realm of Magic worlds are in space if that counts as out of this world. I wouldn't mind an Atlantis world too and some ring of fire effects.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Europe

Forgotten Hollow
    Is it?
    The buildings are american queen anne style.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    + Europe: Britechester
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The map in my head doesn't have continents in the literal sense, but I did break up the worlds into "regions" in different cardinal directions, based on their look and general atmosphere rather than the supposed nationalities of the inhabitants. For example, the western part of my map is the City, featuring more modern and industrial-looking urban areas, then there's the Desert, the Countryside, and the Highlands, each with its own capital, and the other worlds being suburbs or just other towns in the vicinity.

City (West):
    San Myshuno (capital), Evergreen Harbor, Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade, Willow Creek

Desert (South):
    Del Sol Valley (capital), Oasis Springs, StrangerVille, Selvadorada, Sulani

Countryside (East):
    Windenburg (capital), Brindleton Bay, Britechester

Highlands (North):
    Mt. Komorebi (capital), Granite Falls, Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    An african world would be really nice to see. Have they ever even done that? Not to my knowledge.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    We need:
    African World
    Aboriginal World
    Greek World
    Transavania World
    Swiss World

That's all I can think of.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    To be honest I don't think Forgotten Hollow is European at all, it's very generic "spooky" world. Guess you could say it's vaguely inspired by Transylvania in Romania but that's a stretch as the only thing it has in common is a vampire storyline and the head vampire living at the highest point. Other than that there's zero resemblence, FH looks nothing like the town and the builds are American victorian-gothic, not European.

Britechester I suppose you could say is British (as seen from an American perspective though), the modern part is very similar to my university in Britain with the big dorm buildings that are more like apartment blocks and the university being one building in a city area. The older university is more like American universities with the quad and "school spirit" but it looks like it was modelled upon Cambridge (one of the big elite universities for the rich and priviliged) so I guess that works.

San Myshuno I suppose is Asian, but I get more generic city vibes. Could be anywhere. There's nothing identifiably Japanese enough about it to call it an Asian world.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Please,an african world!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Throwing my support in for an African themed world. Not Egypt either, yes Egypt is in Africa but visually it's much more middle eastern culture in my mind. Nothing wrong with that of course - I'll take that too - but a non-desert African world is what I think most are leaning towards in their mind?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Throwing my support in for an African themed world. Not Egypt either, yes Egypt is in Africa but visually it's much more middle eastern culture in my mind. Nothing wrong with that of course - I'll take that too - but a non-desert African world is what I think most are leaning towards in their mind?

Yes, definetely! I would love a western african world inspired in Namibia, Angola or South Africa.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Quite nice the distribution you made, also I found this mod named Language Barriers
    https://mods.frankkulak.com/#/ts4/languagebarriers
    City (West):
    San Myshuno (capital), Evergreen Harbor, Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade, Willow Creek

Desert (South):

Countryside (East):

Highlands (North):

Then even with that mod could configure each region with a language
    Simlish for City
    Windenburgish for Countryside
    Komorebigo for Highlands
    Selvadoradian for Desert
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    In my game, all of the "worlds" are towns that are close to each other. I don't bother with reality much in my game. :lol:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    I like toss out reality because it just makes the ability to travel between worlds in ts4 more acceptable.

So I always like to start off with Willow Creek and Newcrest which are right next to each other. Granite Falls is located in the forests that border the edge of both WC & NC. From GF if you take the main road you pass through Glimmerbrook or you can take the dark old path and head to Forgotten Hollow. Past GB you end up in Windenburg.

If you head toward the city off of WC & NC you'd be heading toward San Myshuno, specifically the Uptown. Mt. Komorebi is just a drive away from the Fashion District. Take the road out of the Art Quarter will take you to Evergreen Harbor. From EH you can head more more east and hit Brindleton Bay or you can go north and head to Britechester.

Back to WC if you head south of it you'd hit Del Sol Valley and heading toward the dester will take you to Oasis Springs and further into the desert you'd hit StrangerVille. Head south of DSV and you can hit Selvadorada. Lastly to get to Sulani you head to the coast of DSV and hop on a boat.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited November 2020
    Britechester, with its canal boats, is very much based upon Cambride, England, so that is another one for Europe.

San Myshuno is a Pacific Coast American city to me.

Sulani has the closest match culturally to French Polynesia, but borrows from many Pacific island cultures. I don't consider it any more Hawai'an than, say, New Zealander.
  • Options
    about Glimmerbrook and Granite falls, I always taken the waterfall seen at both is the same
    Glimmerbrook the upper level, Granite falls the lower level
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited January 2021
    San Myshuno looks very American with an asian district and the world that came with University is inspired in England
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Europe

Forgotten Hollow
    Is it?

Which has its roots in British Victorian. Victorian architecture is better understood as relating to a time period rather than a particular style of building. There were several main styles running essentially concurrently, with builders and designers blending elements with carefree abandon.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Europe

Forgotten Hollow
    Is it?

Queen Anne style, I do believe, is British.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2021
    Europe

Forgotten Hollow
    Is it?

Queen Anne style, I do believe, is British.

@GalacticGal thats why he said AMERICAN queen anne style. When an architectural style goes to another country, it goes to some adaptations within that culture, creating a variation.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I have a impression that they are creating a puzzle with the maps. You can see a mountain in the back of Evergreen Harbor, you can also picture San Myshuno in the horizon of Willow Creek, and even more in Newcrest. You can also see Magnolia Promenade belonging to WC. ETC. I think its all together. Maybe only Batuu isn't connected (another planet and all of that), maybe Selvadorada is faraway too.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes, Queen Anne objects is British. I've watched enough Jane Austen Movies to learn that.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    San Myshuno is more like San Fransisco. The worlds lean heavily toward American inspired. I've said this a lot on the forum, but I really want a Moroccan based world or something that is completely different from what we have right now. Greece, French Riviera, or even a place that looks like Saint Petersburg Russia because the architecture is stunning.
  • Options
    The map in my head doesn't have continents in the literal sense, but I did break up the worlds into "regions" in different cardinal directions, based on their look and general atmosphere rather than the supposed nationalities of the inhabitants. For example, the western part of my map is the City, featuring more modern and industrial-looking urban areas, then there's the Desert, the Countryside, and the Highlands, each with its own capital, and the other worlds being suburbs or just other towns in the vicinity.

City (West):

Desert (South):

Countryside (East):

Highlands (North):

Now is:
    Countryside (East):
    Windenburg (capital), Brindleton Bay, Britechester, Henford-on-Bagley
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    While trying to figure out what parties I can hold at a Center Park venue type, I stumbled across this webpage about Myshuno Meadows. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Myshuno_Meadows
    Apparently there are historical plaques there? I never found those in game but here are the descriptions. I put this info in a spoiler in case other people want to discover these easter eggs for themselves.
    Myshuno Meadows History
    "This Park was once the estate of scientist and herring baron Barnabas Skye. After his mansion was gutted by fire, the fish mogul gifted his extensive gardens to the people on the proviso that his personal Observatory remain standing and free of use to any budding astronomer living in the city. To this day the telescope is maintained and updated by the Barnabassian Scientific Society."

Llama Freedom Movement
    "On this spot the Llama Freedom Movement was born. A simple protest, known as the Llamoid Sit-In, shocked the public with its extreme use of acoustic guitars, hair flowers and slightly tuneless singing. Though many years have passed since that day, the spirit of activism remains alive and well, and will continue until all Llamas are free to strut and spit and neck wrestle to their heart’s content. (Plaque paid for by the Llamean Popular People’s Front)"

Disaster Memorial
    "This plaque commemorates the Shirt Factory Meteor Strike And Subsequent Big Lizard Incident that razed the Fashion District to ash. Like a phoenix reborn, the District has risen from this disaster to become an exemplar of regeneration, with award winning modern architecture and a vibrant festival scene."

Herring Monument
    "This Plaque was erected to mark 150 years of fishery in our fine city. From the humble kedgeree peddlers of the gold rush era to the mighty height of the Canning Industry, the noble Spangled Herring (Clupea Pallasii Fabulousa) has been the slippery, silvery key to the fortunes of this city. As we step into a bold new century, let us not forget the bounty of the sea, nor the piscine origins of our metropolis."

DynaSign Co. Plaque
    "Raised in memory of the Open Street Act, legislation which allowed communities of all cultures to organize celebrations in the streets. The progressive vision of our founding fathers has allowed generations of residents enjoy the many delights that ‘Festival City’ has to offer. (Plaque donated by DynaSign Co. ‘If it’s in the streets, it’s on our Signs’ (TM))"

Monument to 'Emperor' Horton
    "This monument marks the spot where noted eccentric ‘Emperor’ Horton experienced the cities’ first Death by Pufferfish. (Plaque donated by Stove Makers Against Sushi Association)"

Some of this looks like San Francisco history.
    Particularly the Llama Freedom movement and the Emperor
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton