Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of occults do you want next in the sims 4?

Comments

• SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Fairies
    I put fairies but werewolves come in a very close second - fairies were always one of my favourite occult type, but werewolves are also super fun
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Werewolves
    My brother and niece do have a couple characters that they rp as werewolves, using the bigfoot costume, so a werewolves would be helpful for them. Instead of werewolves, though, how about lycanthropes or shape shifters? Werewolves aren't the only lycanthrope. They could have a "lycanthrope" option, that can turn into a wolf, but has other options if you have certain expansions.

For example, if you have Snowy Escape, your lycanthrope could also change into a fox (and maybe also a tanuki, but a sexy werefox would be fun to play). If you have Island Living, your lycanthrope could become a shark.

The fortune teller as an occupation sounds fun too (or as a skill?). My niece rps a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fortune teller, as a spellcaster, and her roommate wears the wolf costume. It might be cool to see her use crystal balls and read palms, and maybe give tale of dark foreboding.

• jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    My brother and niece do have a couple characters that they rp as werewolves, using the bigfoot costume, so a werewolves would be helpful for them. Instead of werewolves, though, how about lycanthropes or shape shifters? Werewolves aren't the only lycanthrope. They could have a "lycanthrope" option, that can turn into a wolf, but has other options if you have certain expansions.

For example, if you have Snowy Escape, your lycanthrope could also change into a fox (and maybe also a tanuki, but a sexy werefox would be fun to play). If you have Island Living, your lycanthrope could become a shark.

The fortune teller as an occupation sounds fun too (or as a skill?). My niece rps a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fortune teller, as a spellcaster, and her roommate wears the wolf costume. It might be cool to see her use crystal balls and read palms, and maybe give tale of dark foreboding.

Lycanthrope comes from Wolf and Man/human (lukos for Wolf and anthropos for human) so lycanthropes are always wolves not other animals!
    jomilej wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    Lately I noticed that many occult palyers like me have been speculating so much about the next occult to come in the game So I wonder what type of occult do you simmers want next or think would come next in the game?

Why is "none" not an option?

Because it's a poll specifically made for Occult Players or people interested in Occults? Why would Occult players vote "none"? Yes I could have replaced "I don't know" by "others" but "none" would never be an option.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Werewolves
    I find myself secretly hoping they stomp more on the Environmental angle and borrow a lot from Werewolf: The Apocalypse for Werewolves. (And people thought Eco Lifestyle and Island Living were heavy-handed...)
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Plumbots/Cyborgs
    Because I'm sci-fi type.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Better Plantsims
    I want a ghosts overhaul/improvement + a chance that your sim turn out as a skeleton instead of a ghost depending on something they must do during their lifetime, then a ghost hunting active career + rabbit hole reaper career (that requires you to be an skeleton) and a world divided into 3 districs: hellish neighborhood, in-between neighborhood and heavenly neighborhood. Maybe they could bring back Lolita Goth as one of the households in this neighborhood and tell us more about her backstory.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Werewolves
    I chose werewolves but I really want occult careers as well. I have been wanting a reaper career since they brought it up as an option in the first community stuff pack vote.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Occult careers (Reapers, ghost hunters, fortune tellers)
    I'm saying ghost/occult hunters as I don't usually play superpoderes Sims but what I'd really want is a Middle Eastern (Egypt) style new world with mummies and genies.
    Happy simming!
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited December 2020
    Werewolves
    I could have gone with something else as well, but the main reason I chose the werewolfe pack, was that I thought they could have a conflict with the Vampires, but then I remembered that EA do not do that! A conflict with the Vampires demands that you got that pack or that they installed Vampires in the Werewolfe pack.
    Peral wrote: »
    I could have gone with something else as well, but the main reason I chose the werewolfe pack, was that I thought they could have a conflict with the Vampires, but then I remembered that EA do not do that! A conflict with the Vampires demands that you got that pack or that they installed Vampires in the Werewolfe pack.

Yes you'll need the vampire pack but...if you have that pack and get together you could create clubs and then make them have conflicts!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I have no idea
    I really wanted yetis, but EA blew their chance with Snowy Escape. I guess they think the costume is enough.
  • TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    Fairies
    I liked the fairies the best in the Sims 3, they were really cool and I would like to see them in the Sims 4.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    Tbh I do not play with occult sims...at all BUT while I was on a different thread someone mentioned that they wanted elves. Probably not Christmas elves but more lord of the rings or the Witcher. So yeah elves would be cool to have.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Angels. o:)

Of course I can always put a pair of cc wings on a vampire or a witch, or encheat a regular sim with special properties, but it's just not the same as having an actual official occult that does those things for me. I've been obsessed with angels since my teens, and watching Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Lucifer, Supernatural, and other shows that feature them isn't helping.

Werewolves would be nice, too, but first of all... I NEED MY ANGELS!
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Werewolves

Of course I can always put a pair of cc wings on a vampire or a witch, or encheat a regular sim with special properties, but it's just not the same as having an actual official occult that does those things for me. I've been obsessed with angels since my teens, and watching Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Lucifer, Supernatural, and other shows that feature them isn't helping.

You can't have angels without devils and demons, also biblical angels resembled eldritch abominations more than people with wings, they were more in line with Cthulhu's kind.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member

You can't have angels without devils and demons, also biblical angels resembled eldritch abominations more than people with wings, they were more in line with Cthulhu's kind.

The game has always avoided religious elements as far as I know, which is why I don't believe the developers are ever going to give me angels in any form, but if they do, I'm pretty sure they'll go with the winged human depiction rather than the unsightly Bible version, simply because it would cause less problems (and be more in line with TS4's kid-friendly approach). I mean, fitting in one pair of wings that doesn't glitch and clip through everything would probably be stressful enough, let alone the six wings that seraphs supposedly have. And if devils and demons have to come along as well, fine by me. o:)>:)

The game has always avoided religious elements as far as I know, which is why I don't believe the developers are ever going to give me angels in any form, but if they do, I'm pretty sure they'll go with the winged human depiction rather than the unsightly Bible version, simply because it would cause less problems (and be more in line with TS4's kid-friendly approach). I mean, fitting in one pair of wings that doesn't glitch and clip through everything would probably be stressful enough, let alone the six wings that seraphs supposedly have. And if devils and demons have to come along as well, fine by me. o:)>:)

mmmh nope, we have diwali lamps, menorah, christmas trees, hijabs, sugar skulls, voodoo dolls, shinto shrines...so they don't avoid religious elements! But I think angels wouldn't appeal to some people (just my opinion but maybe people would be really receptive). But I think demons have more chances to be in the game cause every culture has their own demons but not angels!
  • PalgoonsPalgoons Posts: 20 Member
    I have no idea
    I don't have any idea because it's not my type of gameplay, but it's better to take the sims 3's occult to the sims 4.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Werewolves
    My Aliens & Mermaids needs to be fixed & a proper Plantsim Lifestate.

I so want:
    Angels
    Centars
    Fairies
    Genies
    Hawkgirl/Hawkman
    Klingon Alien Lifestate
    Pheonix Sim
    Werewolves

• TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Werewolves
    Talking about Occults, Werewolves should be added next, WITH a Perks System for both Powers and Weaknesses similar to Vampires.

Though they should have been added in Vampires since they play around the same concept of nightlife and supernatural.
  • NyxLunaStarNyxLunaStar Posts: 27 Member
    Fairies
    I would like fairies and werewolves, the occult careers would be nice too.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Imaginary Friends
    I know they're really not popular and so I'll probably never see them again but Imaginary Friends. Maybe this time if they could be optional instead of by chance so people could more easily opt out if them if they don't want them, and those that do can guarantee them.

They were my favourite by far, second being mermaids. What I loved about Imaginary friends is they were an occult really focused on kids. All the other occults don't really kick in until they're grown to at least teens, but imaginary friends was all about those young ages. It was a built in playmate and you could still enjoy them when your sim was an adult, and make them real if you wanted! For someone who really likes occults and family play, it was a great balance that actually let me do the super natural things with my child sims instead of just waiting for them to age up to enjoy the benefits. Just lots of story possibilities with an imaginary friend that you didn't even have to make an official sim if you didn't want too.
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    Occult careers (Reapers, ghost hunters, fortune tellers)
    I'd really like werewolves and it's incredulous we don't have them in TS4 yet but I picked the occult career option because I think it was a great idea and would make supernatural play more interesting. No more master vampires working as part-time baristas!
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited January 2021
    Fairies
    I voted for fairies as I would really like them back in the game. I would also like to see the return of werewolves and genies (with ability for genies to have their own secret lot - inside their lamp).

Mostly though I would like mermaids to be given an update to give them more properties akin to vampires and spellcasters. I absolutely adore the mermaids in the game and it's so disappointing that they're not as developed as other occults.

I haven't played with Plantsims in TS4 yet but I loved them in TS3 and I can't understand why they're not a permanent occult life-state this time around.