The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• CaitiplaysgamesCaitiplaysgames Posts: 21 Member
    > @take0nme said:
    > I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.
    >
    > I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)
    >
    > What's some other little things you just found out?

There is a grilled cheese aspiration :smiley:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

So one of the very first Did You Knows was about the scooting on a double bed that was against the wall. Here is an updated version of that;

Assign one of your Sims to the far side of the bed by the wall. When you click on the sleep icon in needs and you auto solve that need the Sim will get on the bed, scoot over and then tuck themselves in. If they aren't tired enough they will just nap on their side of the bed.

But isn't it impossible to woohoo in a bed pushed against the wall? I tried it and they stood there complaining waving their arms at me.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    > @swcheppes said:
    > That sometimes sims will kneel on the floor when talking in a group.

I noticed this in getfamous when they do the awards, instead of sitting on the perfectly fine chairs they knell lol
    > @Alexhb said:
    > First time I've got someone outside of my household pregnant and discovered you get a casual phone call of hey I thought you'd like to know I've just had a baby and its name.
    > I'd forgotten we had even tried for a baby until that haha.

:open_mouth: I didn't know that!
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > It's the Nano Trashcan, it's the one that costs 1200 Simoleons, it's apart of the Base Game.

It's a shame it doesn't work for everything anymore
    > @Scobre said:
    > You can laugh at your enemies' graves and it gives Sims a happy moodlet.
    :sunglasses: yes I would be that petty
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

So one of the very first Did You Knows was about the scooting on a double bed that was against the wall. Here is an updated version of that;

Assign one of your Sims to the far side of the bed by the wall. When you click on the sleep icon in needs and you auto solve that need the Sim will get on the bed, scoot over and then tuck themselves in. If they aren't tired enough they will just nap on their side of the bed.

But isn't it impossible to woohoo in a bed pushed against the wall? I tried it and they stood there complaining waving their arms at me.

Unfortunately you are correct they won't be able to woohoo because for some reason they both need to get into bed at the same time so yeah lol
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    [
    Did you know that photos taken with the tripod from Moschino stuff are never blurry or plagued by gnomes. I use it a lot since I discovered this. I also like the fact that I can take 10 pictures this way.

Has to be staged though on the spot, not anywhere. Would be cool if a tripod version of the camera could be carried around and used anywhere. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Atreya33 Nope, I didn't know that about the no blurriness or gnomes. Excellent! I just thought all my Sims' photos turned out so great looking because I usually skill them up first before they take any. I did know you could take 10 pictures though. I love that! Thanks for the additional info. on the tripod! <3
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Didn't realize my sims pet's could catch on fire or at least their butts. :(

My sim had to extinguish her pet (no use saving the couch and stereo) and the dog was pretty upset and dirty afterwards. I felt for the little guy.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I didn't know that when high chairs get dirty, there is a print of buttocks :D:D:D
    I just thought this was a small, funny detail!

zzmhq6dkmk.png
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I didn't know that kids could actually take a sick day from school!

noIfuJm.png
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I knew it was possible to create a Sim without filling all their trait slots, but I only recently discovered that you’re not required to choose one when your Sim ages up in-game.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    I didn’t know aliens had different urns than human sims

U1a1Vu6.png
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @permanentrose The urns even have different colors :) Green aliens have green urns for example.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

Unfortunately you are correct they won't be able to woohoo because for some reason they both need to get into bed at the same time so yeah lol

Haha, no sense in having a double bed pushed up against a wall, then. May as well just have a single. Cuz beds aren't for sleeping. :D
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2021
    Trimesters are a division of the total days before giving birth. The last trimester is deliberately hidden for an unknown reason, possibly because in real life it can happen at any time, but it then it could be any trimester. There's no RNG for the 3rd trimester.

1 day = 8 / 8 / 8 hrs for example..

Lastly, the green arrows for objects that appear in build mode aren't indicators for animation entry, if that makes sense.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Mt. Komorebi vending machines work in dorm lots from DU (unlike the one from GtW). Also, your Sims can carry hot pots in their inventory and use them at dorms nad anywhere with a table.
    Happy simming!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Kleptomaniacs get a positive moodlet if they return a stolen item.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2021
    I didn’t know aliens had different urns than human sims

U1a1Vu6.png

Robots also have an unique tombstone
    Post edited by Alexciel on
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

That sounds interesting, how do you return a stolen item?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited January 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »

That sounds interesting, how do you return a stolen item?

@MageKnightEmolga They generally swipe ornaments so place the swiped item in their home then click on it. You should get an option to return the item. The item will then just disappear and they get a moodlet.

It appears kleptomaniacs enjoy returning items almost as much as swiping them.
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I knew it was possible to create a Sim without filling all their trait slots, but I only recently discovered that you’re not required to choose one when your Sim ages up in-game.

I learned that one by accident lol.
    Did you know that pregnant Sims can throw up in a broken toilet? But they cannot use the toilet because it's .... broken 🤯
    Did you know that pregnant Sims can throw up in a broken toilet? But they cannot use the toilet because it's .... broken 🤯

@Bearpal64 Haha, yes, I discovered this with one of my pregnant sims.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top