Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IllusoryThrall's 2020 Advent Manor Shell Challenge

So, I built a shell on my twitch stream and am opening it up for everyone to do. It's a base game shell, and is on a 50 by 50 lot. I used Oakenstead in Willow Creek.

Rules: No changing the floorplan or outside shell of house. (terrain and landscaping is fine) No pack or budget restrictions, and using different fences or stairs inside is ok. Floors, walls, and interior colors are your choice. Changing Room platform heights is okay, but changing room heights is not (it'll mess up the roof). Using a different style fireplace is also fine, but keep a fireplace at the locations where I placed one. Leave all doors and windows. Lighting is placed just to let you see what you're doing, feel free to add or delete any lights. I will allow swapping out a window for a door in the back of the house if you choose to add a veranda or patio out back. No CC, but use of mods and cheats (TOOL mod, red shelf, move objects, debug, that sort of thing) to build is okay.

How to play:
1. Search out the hashtag of #2020AdventManor on the gallery, or under my gallery ID Wyldhawke.
2. Turn on the move objects cheat (bb.moveobjects on)
3. Download the 2020 Advent Manor Shell and place on a lot in any world you want.
4. Starting Dec 1, furnish one room per day until Dec 25. (There are 25 rooms not including the kitchen pantry.)
5. After December 25th, finish your build off with terrain paints and landscaping.
6. Upload your build to the Gallery with the hashtag of #2020AdventManor by December 31st. (Absolutely last moment to upload is January 1st at 4PM EST.)
7. I will tour builds on Friday Jan 1 starting at 4 pm EST on my twitch channel (IllusoryThrall). I will also post some highlight photos to my blog (http://illusorythrall.wordpress.com/) for those who are not into watching twitch streams.

I'm not 100% sure it needs move objects to place, but some of the pillars might disappear without it. Feel free to ask me any questions you have, this is the first shell I've done, so I'm just playing this by ear. If I have enough entries, I'll continue tours at the same time on Saturday, but I'm not expecting it to be a problem.

advent.jpg

Some tips: I designed it to have a butler suite in the front right of the build, just behind the drive through "carport". The small room upstairs was for a linen closet, and there was also room for a sauna and a fitness room upstairs. The left area of the upstairs was for a master bedroom and bathroom. The sunken area by the room I meant for a kitchen is a "keeping room" (a living-room type area where you can gather socially to keep the cook company, apparently), and both the "great room" and the "foyer" are both open to the second floor. Obviously, all room choices are up to your discretion, there's no need to use the room for what it was designed for!

Above anything else, have fun with this build!

Comments