Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Humorous Anecdotes

Comments

• Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    Had to start a new game. I've got a kitchen now, but no stove or fridge, not anybody with cooking skill. No problem, order pizza. Most of the sims managed to 'Grab a Slice' and were carrying it upstairs to the study to eat (no dining room either) when one of them started their birthday, from child to teen. The pizza slices disappeared when they joined in the celebration. Three of them managed to finish off the pizza, but five Sims are still hungry. It's late. I can't wait for another delivery. Time to go to bed. 'testingCheatsEnabled true' and drag their Hunger bars to the top. This is not cheating. I bought them food. They grabbed a serving. It vanished. The time/money/effort of eating were expended. They deserve the results. :#
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Don't you hate when you forget to save your game before returning home from travelling? It virtually guarantees that the loading screen will freeze or something and you have to restart the game. I missed the "1 Hour" message somehow. I was too busy winding things up before time ran out. I wonder how much I have to redo.

Update:
    I lost about two and a half hours. Not too bad. BUT, as I said above, I don't have a fridge/stove/cook. The last time (which never returned home) I had them pick up breakfast and supper for everyone, now that I can afford a fridge to keep it fresh til morning. Then my cooking sim, will age up to teen (a couple hours away when I left), take a class and start studying the next day. This time, I forgot the food. I'll have to keep her away from the home til she ages up.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
  • Options
    All my Sims headed out for work and school, leaving the babysitter in charge. Before they left, they made sure all the little ones were fed, socialized and as green as could be. Two cribs, one swing. Two toddlers (twins), two babies (twins). One set of babies aged up to toddler the evening before and was well rested and spent the night alone playing the blocks and xylophone, the other was tired and put to bed. In the morning, the first Sim up fed him potty trained, socialized etc. to get him as green as possible, then exchanged him into a crib with his sister. The second Sim made sure the babies were in great shape before being ignored by the babysitter.

The babysitter did not ignore her charges. The one with low bladder messed her diaper and had to be changed. She did that, but put the baby on the floor instead of back in the swing. Then she took the toddler who was only up to about 20% energy out of the crib and replaced him with his sister who had 80% energy and had woken up not that long before. I don't have a Sim at home to fix things.

Solution: (at least partially) After 'testingCheatsEnabled true', I lower the boy's energy to near zero so he is screaming his bloody head off. The babysitter is pulling her hair out because of the racket. She finally takes the awake twin out of the crib and puts the sleepy one in. This takes about two sim hours. Once he is asleep I drag his energy bar back up close to half, where it should be by now. I then turned my attention away from the house looking for butterflies, hoping the babysitter will be idle.
  • Options
    My kids planing on going into the music career are signing up at the theatre for music class. Because they don't have homework (because they haven't been to school yet), their grades drop like a rock on the first day, they they get bawled out for bad grades. I've found a work-around. On their first day, they choose the option 'Work Hard' instead of the usual at the regular school where they 'Meet New Friends'. This time I forgot and noticed their bad grades just before letting out. I know, one-hundred percent (via Murphy's Law), that the scolding is going to screw up the trip some of my Sims are going to take after school/work lets out. I used a cheat (Master Controller > Intermediate > Career > School Performance) to moderate their grade to avoid the scolding. It was at -34.????????. I just removed the "3" leaving it just below zero.
  • Options
    I put a nice pond at my wedding venue, complete with fountains and water lilies. It's a great place to watch the koi. Oh, there are no koi. That's by design. You catch them in China and bring them home to stock the pond. One of the Sims travelling with this group is a child angler, wanting (and completing) to max his fishing skill. I've been deleting the non-perfect specimens. I also have a Sim needing to get up to Visa level 2 to continue on her Dragon Cave adventure (The Pilgrim's Walk). She picked up the fishing skill on a student field trip to the science centre, but has never gone fishing. Now the Adventure Board is filled with "Fish Of The Scholar" opportunities. No problem. She gets them from the angler. I get home and I don't have enough koi of any one type to stock the pond. I should have kept those lesser fish, as they would have served to satisfy the adventure, then I would have had enough to stock the pond. :(
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    edited January 2021
    Funnies, and cutest, thing I ever had happening, was in the sims 2. If there is a fire and you tell them to put it out, they will ignore you if there are babies or toddlers in the house. Instead they will run and get the kids and get them safe outside first. Not sure if they will still do that in sims 3. I did eventually learn to not use a grill inside :D
  • Options
    I named 4 Sim babies after members of one of my favourite bands. As toddlers, they mastered the toy xylophone. Once the reached childhood, the attended music school at the theatre. As teens, I bought them each an instrument for their inventory and they took the appropriate class at the theatre and they all signed up for music class after school. At first, they got wishes to play their instrument in the park and earn $25 in tips on their instruments etc. Now, they are being automatically given level 6 skills on multiple instruments, and getting wishes for ALL instruments. They only need to play the one.

Oh, um, wait. The keyboard player in the band is an excellent guitarist and often takes a turn behind the drum kit. During this time, the drummer usually takes over the bass but sometimes the guitar. The bass player actually had a hit playing guitar in another band whose bass player's father walked on the moon. He's also been know to take a turn on the keyboards when the keyboard player is on the drums. The guitarist, played keyboards on many of his solo projects and toured as Steve Hackett's bass player. Maybe the game is psychic and the above rant is inappropriate.
  • Options
    I recently got the adventure for "The Wayward Member of the Clan of the Resolute Fist" This is a simple task that takes a while because there is a lot of travelling between the two principles. BUT, I have 'The Eyes of Horus'. I leave one at each house and pop back and forth. I've done this before to make quick work of the task. Not this time. I popped back to the first one and click 'Report In' and I left the house. I zoom out to map view. He's gone down to the market. I almost let my Sim follow him there, but then remembered to pick up the eye. I had to knock on the door again so I could get back inside to pick up the eye. Once I had reported in, I popped back to the second guy to "Convince Sim". Again, I left the house. This guy had wandered over to the Academy. I couldn't even go back to the house because there was nobody home. I chased him down at the Academy to convince him, but how to get the eye back. I use NRass to "Go Home" then followed him home. The first guy was now back home (I should have left the eye there). The second guy now went out to the Dragon Cave. The eyes proved to be a hindrance instead of a time saver.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The glitch strikes again. My overstuffed house just became a vastly overstuffed nursery. Nine, count them, NINE, new babies. In case you haven't read my posts about "The Glitch", it happens when Sims can't get pregnant. At least not until the game is shut down and the computer rebooted. Then all those pregnancies kick in at the same time. My nursery has two cribs and one swing. The babies are being left all over the floor. Oh wait, they won't sleep there without crying (aka screaming and waking everybody in the house up. They had a robbery last night and a dog passed away. Nobody got much sleep. I'm just sending them to bed now. One is calling in for a day off and going to drink a Mood Potion. I hope that helps.

Update:
    Too many babies were unhappy at the same time in the middle of the night. They woke the whole house up. Oh BTW, the mood potion didn't help the Energy Bar, but half a dozen attempts with the Moodlet Manager fixed him up for the night. He had to go outside for a few tries. It seems to like space to work properly. Anyway, back to the now awake household. I had one very exhausted Sim the night before that went to bed VERY early, and woke up just before the ruckus with the babies. She'd just 'Replicated' enough breakfast meals so I told everybody to 'Grab A Plate' The best rested ones then helped to settle the babies and I sent everybody back to bed, dragging the tab on the icon out so they will sleep-in late. I'll wake them just in time for school/work.
  • Options
    Nine babies at one time is insane. I needed a break. I sent my French Explorer couple on a trip for 5 days, along with the two teens with "Cultural Interview". Arriving home was chaos. Things were in semi decent condition when I'd left. As good as I could hope for anyway. I'd bough birthday cakes and aged four of the babies up to toddlers, for a head-start on toddler skills (not much time to work on those but they learn the pegbox and xylophone skills on their own). At least I had them on rotating sleep schedules so I could take the rested ones out of the cribs and put the tired ones in. I even resorted to buying a third crib which was put in the living room.

Upon arriving home, I remembered another glitch. After travelling, all the sims seem to share the same motives. In this case it was horrid. Everybody was hungry, tired, smelly and full bladder. At least social and fun were decent. This has happened to be before, so I knew what to do. NOBODY is going to get any sleep at home. EVERYBODY is going to interfere with child care (ie putting the rested kid in the crib so that it is impossible for the sim to put the tired kid in the crib can't and has to take the rested one out.) GET ALL SIMS OUT OF THE HOUSE for the night. All but two.

My gardening Sims have provided everybody with perfect fruit. Each Sims eats one fruit. That will take care of hunger for the night. I send them all out to pools/gyms etc., anywhere with toilets and showers. That takes care of bladder and hygiene motives. Then they serial nap on lounges/benches/etc. I made sure to include at least two adults with the kids or else they tend to return home after curfew. I made sure that Sims with the next day off were included in those napping. They would need the energy for childcare soon.

Two Sims who were scheduled to work the next day stayed at home on nursery duty. They wouldn't be there long. First thing they did was hit the head so they wouldn't fuss about their full bladder. The one toddler that was potty trained, was sent to the pot before they lost bladder control. All the rest needed changing shortly thereafter. One toddler was asleep in a crib. He was exhausted, but too hungry to sleep long. One adult put another toddler in the empty crib (before they hit the head) and they went right to sleep. They wouldn't sleep long either. The other adult put a toddler into the highchair to be fed. While the two awake toddlers were eating and making peepee and the other two slept, the adults each took care of a baby (the ones from a crib [who'd slept a bit] and the one screaming in the swing because they were too tired to sleep in the swing). They were changed, fed, cuddled and played with. The one who had slept was put in the swing and went right to sleep (BTW, I've negated the motive boost on the swing). The other was put into the empty crib. Very shortly, I was up to two green babies. The other three babies were screaming on the floor, in need of changing, food, sleep and attention.

By now the two toddlers in cribs were awake, screaming for food. But the adults were toast. That was okay, because after a nap, two others were just arriving home. They were in decent shape but still quite tired. The toasted adults headed off to get cleaned up and serial nap before they had to go to work. One took the toddler out of the high chair, changed their diaper, snuggled them before putting them in the just vacated crib. The other adult, yes, took a toddler out of the crib, changed and snuggled them before putting them in the high-chair to be fed. I could have fed a different kid, but that would waste time putting this one down and picking the other one up. While the toddler was eating, one adult emptied the potty, the took the baby out of the crib and put it on the floor. They weren't fully rested but they were okay for a bit. The other adult picked up a baby, changed the diaper, fed them, snuggled, played and put them in the crib. The other babies were too tired to sleep in the swing so there was no point in disturbing that one. Back to the toddlers, the one in the highchair who was partly rested, was replaced with one who'd used the potty. The fed toddler played with the pegbox. The first free adult started on another baby. The other screaming toddler was taken out by the other adult, changed, snuggled and replaced with the just cared for baby. After putting the baby in the crib, they took the toddler out of the highchair so the other toddler could be put in.

The third adult with the next day off (a blessing of an overstuffed house) arrived home after two naps replacing one of the others who left for another nap. This went on all day, the three adults taking turns while the third napped. Once the kaos was past (long before everything could be termed good, at least they slept in better beds at home). They kept rotating the babies and toddlers, at first trying to keep them out of the red zone, eventually letting them sleep through fully. As evening came, the toddlers were all sleeping and the babies were all on the floor. It was birthday time for them, all at once. At least I remembered and was set up for it which gave the toddlers some time to sleep.

Back to the rest of the clan. They had serial napped for most of the night. They were sent out to food trucks the next morning as soon as they started to appear. I woke them one at a time. There was no point in losing sleep to stand in a line at the truck. Then they headed off to work/school. Two of the sims ate fruit because they worked in the custom Nectar career and started very early. They were not well rested. At least they were able to come home, eat and go to sleep in real beds right after work. They woke up about midnight and were on childcare for the rest of the night.

After school I sent the kids to the library to do homework, and keep them out of the way. Those coming off work came home and helped in the nursery. They managed some time teaching toddlers to talk/walk/potty. They had two of them ready for birthday cakes the next day, which brought my nursery population down to seven toddlers. Things are still insane, but getting better.
  • Options
    All those babies are now children. I'm feeding them occasional Life Fruit to give some space between birthdays (Oh, I ran out and have to grow some more). I'd upped the motive (or whatever it's called) on the potty so people would randomly empty it. A sim just finished supper and went to empty the potty. It's been a while since those babies became children (the first is becoming a teen today (I have to keep him away from home so his birthday doesn't cancel everybody else's queue). It was emptied after the last toddler aged up. I have a maid who would empty it if it wasn't. WHO USED THE POTTY?!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    It's prom night. The teen girl also got the "Young Politicians Club Induction" opportunity. I sent her over to the library right after school to read a charisma book (she's already at level 5), but she doesn't have enough friends to make level 6. Instead she came home to improve the relationship with her mother (it REALLY needs work) to get another friend. Her date showed up for the prom and the younger brother kept him busy while he waited for the limo. The limo came, she got in. He went to play in the sprinklers. The limo delivered her to the prom. According to messages, they are both having a great time at the prom. He, however, is actually still at her house doing homework in the study.

Update: When she gets home from prom, he is sleeping in her bed.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Probably aborted wedding. While waiting for the guests to arrive, the bride filled the chocolate fountains. While filling them, the groom arrived, turned around and left. She chased after him off the lot. I couldn't get the 'go to lot with...' option, so she asked him on a date, then returned to the lot with her date. They get back to the lot, now he has to go to work. If he hadn't wasted so much time leaving, he'd be married by now. I wonder if the party will last til he gets off work.

Update: I resorted to NRass/MC/Basic/Invite Over. That got him to the wedding. Third time's the charm.

Update 2: The babies are not being cared for at home. Where's the babysitter. She's at the wedding, unlike the groom because he took off again in the middle of the wedding. I had to force him back again.
  • Options
    SweetCandy292SweetCandy292 Posts: 21 Member
    Well its not my current playthrough but my last one had a funny thing happen. Angela had triplets and then right after her husband Henry aged up to adult and immediately went into midlife crisis, and guess what his first want was. To divorce his wife, like dang dude now that there are 3 babies you want to bounce! And because it was juicy I had him leave her, just thought the whole situation was hilarious.
  • Options
    There were a bunch of glitches, so I resorted to computer/MC/Town/Reset Everything. Once the reset finished, I gave everybody (almost two dozen characters in my overstuffed home) a long list of things to do. The pregnant Sim chose the moment after I released pause to go into labour. With everybody still on the home lot, they all dropped there task queues to freak out about "Baby Is Coming!" It took forever to set up all those queues. Now I have to do it all over again. :'(
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I took two kids to China to do some fishing and rock gathering etc. They both had all for wish slots filled, both including "Play with Flying Disc" and "Meet Someone New. As soon as they arrived, they both got wishes to "Visit the Forbidden City" and "Meet a Local". My plan was to play catch (fulfill one wish) outside the Base Camp, promise the Forbidden City, go to the Market (fulfill the new one), promise the local, meet a merchant (fulfill a new and old wish). They walked all the way to The Emperor's Plaza to play catch, negating the Forbidden City wish before the it was promised. I lost out on 500 points in favour of 150.
  • Options
    One of the kids from above, has never caught a bug in her life. I decided to send her on a bug hunt. Because they often miss when they first try to catch bugs, I skip the Assassin Beetles and Yellow Band Dart Butterflies. Or that was the plan when they showed up. I'm having trouble finding Water Beetles and Bamboo Straits to practice on. Do I send a more experienced bug catcher or let her try her hand at it. Oh well, I've got some from previous trips and the Honour Guard have been supplied, so I let her at them.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2021
    One of the kids from above, has never caught a bug in her life. I decided to send her on a bug hunt. Because they often miss when they first try to catch bugs, I skip the Assassin Beetles and Yellow Band Dart Butterflies. Or that was the plan when they showed up. I'm having trouble finding Water Beetles and Bamboo Straits to practice on. Do I send a more experienced bug catcher or let her try her hand at it. Oh well, I've got some from previous trips and the Honour Guard have been supplied, so I let her at them.

It's a modified chance to collect, and it doesn't mean she will miss.
    The more rare the catch, the more it increases her skill as well.

Luck is the last dying vestige of people who think things happen on accident.
    Effort is what makes a difference in the long run.
    She is going to miss every one she doesn't try to catch, and that's a given.

So ... Risk it, the reward is worth it should she succeed.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I started my most recent game with a senior and his grand-daughter. He just passed away. I'd bought and fed him a bunch of life-fruit to keep him around. The Grim Reaper shows up to collect him as usual. After that, he hangs around, to pick up dog toys, sweep up feathers in front of birds, pick up laundry and read a bed-time story to one of the kids. That reminds me. Now that the house is getting filled up, it's time to hire a maid.

p.s. - I forgot to mention, he had 38,000+ happiness points. I just checked earlier that day. I wanted him to buy a Collection Helper. I was going to use NRass to cheat him up to 40 but saw how close he was and didn't. I knew it wouldn't take long to happen naturally. Something else happened naturally instead.
  • Options
    My Sim purchased the "Opportunistic" Reward with his points just after arriving in Egypt for the first time. I was hoping to get a Level 2 Visa so he could buy the "Tear of Horus" this trip so his siblings could use it on their trips elsewhere. Thanks to 'Tomb Tours' and some quickies like 'Tourist Brochure Photos' He made it. He picked up some mummy snacks, etc. at the same time he turned in the last photo. At level 2 he qualified for "Tombs: When Not to Raid". His wife was up to "Into The Fire" and was already on her way there. I thought about it for a moment. He didn't have time to go through 'Abu Simbel' and you can only go in there once, but there is a mummy in "The Tomb of the Rock." I felt like a cad having him walk over that hidden trap downstairs (I haven't let anybody since the first time I played), but he did get Torched, and then Soaked in the dive well. He opened up that last chest, releasing the mummy and --

. . .

If you've been paying attention, hopefully you noticed, before it was too late, that he bought mummy snacks. You never get cursed if you have mummy snacks. I was hoping to get him Cursed and check in before the trip was over. Luckily, I remembered the snacks, just in time, and moved them to another sim. He was knocked out, but didn't get cursed. Thinking back, I don't think any of my sims have been cursed by that mummy. Oh well, next trip, he'll have plenty of time to tackle 'Abu Simbel'.
  • Options
    I have 6 Sims in China, 2 running adventures, the others building skills, relic hunting etc, fishing. After a long hard day, they are all coming home with a meal purchased at the food market. I gave them orders to eat, potty, shower and go to bed. The first two clogged both toilets AND broke both showers. Never mind that they have not handiness experience, they are both red-lining energy, about to pass out. They cannot even attempt to repair anything because they are too tired. The other 4 are in similar condition, redlining most motives and the only one they can satisfy properly, is sleep. That is, after they use the clogged toilets and spill the contents over the floor. It makes me ill just to imagine the mess. I'm sorry, but I just had to share that nausea with you. :(
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I have 6 Sims in China, 2 running adventures, the others building skills, relic hunting etc, fishing. After a long hard day, they are all coming home with a meal purchased at the food market. I gave them orders to eat, potty, shower and go to bed. The first two clogged both toilets AND broke both showers. Never mind that they have not handiness experience, they are both red-lining energy, about to pass out. They cannot even attempt to repair anything because they are too tired. The other 4 are in similar condition, redlining most motives and the only one they can satisfy properly, is sleep. That is, after they use the clogged toilets and spill the contents over the floor. It makes me ill just to imagine the mess. I'm sorry, but I just had to share that nausea with you. :(

Did one of them at least manage to call a repair person before they passed out, or are you going to make them do the repairs in the morning?

• Options
    I let one with level 7 handiness with a wish to reach level 8 and another to increase handiness sleep a few hours then he got up and did the repairs and went back to bed. The others got showers in the morning. I'm sure the beds would need changing in real life. I remembered (after posting) that there is another half bath with a sink and toilet that was well used before the other four got to bed. The ones responsible for the mess were assigned to clean up the next morning, including scrubbing the toilets and showers as well as mopping the floor.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I let one with level 7 handiness with a wish to reach level 8 and another to increase handiness sleep a few hours then he got up and did the repairs and went back to bed. The others got showers in the morning. I'm sure the beds would need changing in real life. I remembered (after posting) that there is another half bath with a sink and toilet that was well used before the other four got to bed. The ones responsible for the mess were assigned to clean up the next morning, including scrubbing the toilets and showers as well as mopping the floor.

Is this at the base camp? I was thinking it was a house of their own.
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Is this at the base camp? I was thinking it was a house of their own.

It's the base camp. I've rarely purchased a vacation home. I wish they were more interesting, with options to explore them as well.