Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play your legacy family's siblings that move out of the main lot?

Same family, but other households. I'm just wondering. I'm playing my first legacy game (using the Pinstar site's rules and trait generator) and having a great time. Generation 2 now is two teens and a toddler. I'll probably keep up with my heir's siblings and play them from time to time, even after they move out on their own. It seems like it would change the game a little though. So hi there, other legacy players. I'm wondering. Do you play the siblings/branches of your family who have moved out to other lots and maybe started their own families, or do you leave them alone and focus on the heir branch on the home lot?

Comments

• Options
    Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    In Sims 3 I used to kick them out and let story progression deal with them, in Sims 2 I played every family!

Only just starting my first legacy in 4, but I’m thinking I might aim for a hybrid, since I get far too attached to my Sims. I would keep the heir as the primary household but check in with the siblings every now and then. Not sure how feasible that is though, I’ll be interested to see other responses here.
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    I sometimes go in and check up on them, like seeing what jobs they have and keeping track of their families (I have MCCC). My reasoning for this is to keep all my family trees updated using the Plum Tree App and try and build a relationship between like cousins and aunts and uncles.

Sometimes I also build them nicer houses so yes, I guess I do check up on them regularly.
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    I tend to have only one child, so if I get more than one kid is bc I have some ideas planned for them (unless I get unwanted twins, in that case if I don't make them live together, I kinda forget about one of them if not for a makeover fgnfhhjdhb) and I like to play a bit, even just to give them a career, ability, a partner and children
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Thanks @Cosy_Catastophe @smilepanda and @Chris_McSims for the ideas.

I too played Sims 2 first, and got used to playing EVERY household. It was fun to be so involved in everyone's life (and I had some large families due to those "graduate 6 children from college" type aspirations) but on the whole it was a little annoying to have to go through some long and boring stages with certain characters.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I've been hoarding all my sims on one lot so I can play them all and stay at the legacy house. Lol it's a living nightmare. It's a good thing households cap at 8 (bar cheating or mods). If the limit was 20, I'd have 20. I like to play larger families but I'm also an insane control freak and unwilling to let legacy members leave, even if they aren't the main line😅
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    it's a living nightmare.

hahaha that is one possible drawback I suppose :D