Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hey friends. :) More of the story is here! :smiley:
    So....this part of the chapter mentions stuff about sex a bit, but nothing that isn't forum appropriate. Just wanted to give the heads up. 👍 I do have some hotter pictures in a certain scene :smirk: that I won't be posting here for obvious reasons, but they will be on my blog (which I will link at the end of this post if anyone is interested. Tee hee! :mrgreen: )

Anyhoo, we left off at Shane and Emily conversing in his bedroom and we witnessed a big change in him. :blush: This post continues the events of the week from there. Enjoy reading everyone! :smiley:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 10...

When Alex and Haley arrived back at the girl’s house from swimming at the gym, they conversed on Haley’s bed for a bit, planning to hit the shower. Before doing that though, Haley suggested they do something else first, to which Alex was happy to oblige.

Just as their love-making ended, and all was quiet, Alex could hear a persistent sound coming from outside. He’d recognize that sound anywhere...someone was kicking a ball around. But who? His curiosity was quite piqued as he couldn’t think of any of the girls being interested in sports.

“What are you doing?” Haley asked him as he slipped out of the bed and put his boxers back on.
    “You don’t hear a kicking sound coming from outside?”
    Haley propped herself up on her elbows and co’ck’ed her head to listen. “No...oh wait, I hear it now. Why does it matter?”
    “I’m just curious,” he said as he approached the window and carefully peeked through the blinds. Someone was indeed kicking a ball into a soccer net just outside the window. But Alex’s eyes must’ve been deceiving him as to who it was. “Is that Maru?” he unbelievingly asked, pulling up the blinds to get a better look.
    “ALEX!” Haley cried, pulling the blanket up over herself.

It was Maru indeed, kicking the ball around to release some stress and pent up emotions.

50538498913_d51b02afb8_c.jpg

She’d been on the little league Soccer team back in grade school - her mom insisting she try out a sport - and was surprised to discover just how much she remembered about nailing the ball into the goal. She only played one season though as Soccer really wasn’t her thing. Neither were sports in general; she held better gifts elsewhere in her mind. It’s sure great for taking out some frustration though, she thought as she kicked the ball harder and made the net bend in the wind with it. Yeah! Grabbing the ball, she turned and set it back down in front of her to kick again.

50538498938_e552661441_c.jpg

“What’s she doing out there?” Haley annoyingly asked Alex, rolling off the bed on the other side to put her underwear back on in better privacy.
    Alex didn’t answer right away as he watched Maru in a daze for a moment, studying her every move. “She’s just kicking a soccer ball into the net,” he finally replied, “rather impressively I might add.”

50539223266_48c34b5627_c.jpg

Truly, it was mind boggling entertaining to Alex. Since when did the smart girl in town have such a nice athletic technique and...physique?

“Maru? Kicking a soccer ball?” Haley asked incredulously, coming to Alex’s side. “Now this I gotta see. That nerd couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn!” Not that she had anything to say about it, but that didn’t matter.
    “I’m telling you...she’s good.”

50539367907_f7524569ab_c.jpg

However just as Haley started watching, that was the moment Maru missed the goal. It disappointed Maru as much as it didn’t to Haley.

50539223221_741109af44_c.jpg

“See!” Haley poked. “What’d I tell ya!?”
    “Of course you had to see the moment where she misses,” Alex interjected. “Keep watching, she’ll show you how to make a goal.”
    “Yeeeah that’s okay,” the blonde dismissed, then took Alex’s arm and turned on her coaxing voice. “Come in the shower with me.”
    Alex sighed as he took one last look at Maru and pulled down the blinds. Wow…

As the hours of the day rolled by, Shane and Emily played a few games to keep the boredom away and learned some things about each other in the process. One of the games was “Truth or Dare” - the dares not exactly happening in that moment, but later - and when Shane dared Emily to have a deep conversation with a chicken at his Aunt’s farm, Emily laughed so hard at the attempt that her face and upper body fell on top of his chest. It caused Shane to lose a breath for a second, but any kind of touch from her lately seemed to take his breath away.

When she finally composed herself, Emily propped herself up onto her elbows gently, so as not to dig them into Shane’s stomach, and rested her chin into her hands with a grin. “Okay, truth,” she began, thinking for a moment. Oh how many things she would love to ask him the truth about. Her heart fluttered at some of the thoughts, but she held back. “How many girlfriends have you had in the past?”

50539223991_ff4e19d3f0_c.jpg

Shane shook his head with what appeared to be a sly smile. “You don’t want to know,” came the reply.
    “Whatever! You have to tell me, it’s the rules.”
    He sighed. “Truthfully, I don’t really remember...how awful is that?”
    “It’s okay, just give me a ballpark figure.”
    “OR you could ask me a different question.”
    Emily blew up at her bangs. “Okay...were you ever in a serious relationship with a girl in the past?”
    “No...but I was with a guy.”
    The look on Emily’s face was priceless!
    “I’m totally kidding, girl!” He laughed. “There’s no way in hell I’d ever swing that way. Dudes are ugly!”
    Emily slapped at his arm for teasing her like that, but laughed in return. “Well, I’d have to disagree with you on that, but...seriously.”

Shane sighed again as he stared up at the ceiling. “I really only had one serious girlfriend, but even that relationship didn’t last very long. None of them did.”
    “What happened?”
    “Well...let’s just say we only had a great time together when we were drunk or high. That’s when it felt like the relationship was on fire and we were ‘the ones,’ you know?” He quoted with his fingers. “Then one day, we were bored as hell with each other while sober and that’s when we realized...we had nothing in common and weren’t truly in love so...we split.”
    Emily frowned. “I’m sorry, that must’ve been a tough realization.”
    “Yeah, well, it is what it is,” he shrugged off. “Now I gotta ask you the same question. Have you ever had a serious boyfriend?”

Emily blushed with some hesitation. “No...because I’ve never had a boyfriend.”
    Shane gazed at her in disbelief for a second, blinking twice. “Get outta here.”
    “No, I’m serious,” she chuckled at his flattering response, secretly loving it. “There’s not that many guys in Pelican Town you know, and I grew up with them all so…”
    “So?”
    “So they all feel like cousins to me.”
    “Ah, I see.”
    Until you came along...

About every other day that week the three bandmates - Sebastian, Sam, and Abigail - got together to jam. It was the highlight of their day. Discovering the different musical notes and tones in this world, and rearranging their signature songs to it, was super fun.

50539369137_0e06be33d2_c.jpg

Whenever Sebastian got way into a guitar solo…

50539224591_983dcc4b72_c.jpg

...Sam always felt the need to one him up at the soonest possible moment.

“You call that a guitar solo?” Sam taunted his buddy. “I’ll show you!”
    “Uh huh, sure,” Sebastian dismissively said.

50539224601_fff99a4209_c.jpg

When Sam’s time to shine came, he strummed it out, and it was good.

50538500318_3fa6a1277b_c.jpg

Abigail watched Sam with a broad grin. She wouldn’t dare say she thought his solo sounded a tiny bit better than Sebastian’s. If that little punk wasn’t my ‘brother from another mother’ I’d so be drooling over him right now, she thought. Especially when he raised the guitar up over his head and picked rapidly at the strings continuing on with his solo, without messing up. Attraction or not, that always looks hot to a girl.

50538500353_c4d8a228fb_c.jpg

“Show off!” Sebastian muttered with a head shake.
    “It’s all good Seb,” came the response. “Not everyone can be as good as me.”
    There came an unamused eye roll.

In one of their other songs, there was an epic drum solo that Abigail had been practicing often in her free time back home. She was ready to show her two buddies how much better she was at it and no doubt they were impressed. Especially Sebastian, his cheeks flushing while watching her.

50539369232_efce5d1236_c.jpg

50538500383_b0d337e4e8_c.jpg

“We make a pretty good band here don’t we?” Sam asked as they continued playing.
    “Totally!” Abigail and Sebastian said at the same time to which they shot blushed glances at each other.
    “We really need to come up with an awesome name already. It needs to be hip and catchy.”
    “How about, ‘The Appaloosians?’” Abigail humorously threw out with a wink.
    “Yeeeeah no Abby…We’re not a country band,” Sam said with a look of disgust.
    “The perfect name will come to us eventually,” Sebastian rang in, “in just the right moment.” Then he shot another glance at Abigail and she returned it. “Just like every good thing does…”

Aww! Abigail’s cheeks heated up behind her smile. More and more she was beginning to feel that Sebastian would totally be okay with the fact that she possesses magic, because subtle comments like that - that he was continually throwing out lately - aren’t usually expressed without some kind of adoration. It was very possible that he loved her in the same way she loved him and that would definitely work in her favor.

50539369287_b9bdd07823_c.jpg

When their jam session ended, Sam left to use the bathroom and Sebastian approached Abigail after putting his guitar away. He noticed her rubbing at her forehead as she got up from the drum stool.
    “Another headache?” he asked.
    “Yeah…”
    “Seems you’ve been getting those a lot lately,” he expressed with concern. “Maybe you should talk to Harvey about it.”
    “I’m fine,” she swiftly assured, that darn nervousness consuming her again. “I think it’s just from dehydration. I really haven’t been drinking enough water since we got here. It’s kinda odd tasting!” Geez Abby just tell him! Oh...wait...do that and Sam will surely come waltzing right back in. She held back a sigh. It’s not time.
    “Still,” Sebastian said, “I know Harvey’s got some medicine up there for a headache. Ask him for some okay?” He bent his head to make sure Abigail’s eyes met his through his bangs. “I just want you to be okay.”
    “Thanks Seb...I will be,” she smiled. “Don’t worry.” She needed to figure out a technique in casting spells without causing headaches soon because it was getting old and annoying. Surely Rasmodius mastered that eons ago! If only he were around to teach me, she thought, nibbling at her fingernail. Maybe there’s some way to reach him? There HAS to be! She didn’t want to wait until they got back home to become the Wizard’s student because who knew how far into the future that would be and her patience - and endurance - was wearing thin.

At the end of the week, most everyone was feeling like it’d been a pretty productive - and in some ways, eventful - one.

Alex and Haley sure thought so, but not in the same sense as everyone else. They continued on doing what they seemed to do best in their brand new relationship.

Haley spent the previous night with Alex in his bedroom, falling asleep together for the first time since their hookup. Waking up to each other on this bright, Saturday morning instantly turned into a hot one.

50539369497_b76cf4e55d_c.jpg

50539369522_ce93273b7a_c.jpg

50539224911_6a58363783_c.jpg

They weren’t particularly discreet or quiet about it either, as usual. Sebastian couldn’t help stopping dead in his tracks by the bedroom door on his way to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. At first he just humorously shook his head at the sounds, but soon began to giggle at them. It seemed like Alex was the luckiest guy in the world right now. Sebastian began to wish it was him in there...with the gorgeous, purple haired girl of his dreams.

Sam came striding along toward the kitchen to follow his buddy and when he found Sebastian standing near the door giggling he asked with an arched eyebrow, “Whatcha doin’?”
    “Shhh!” Then he pointed at the door with his thumb. “Guess what’s going on in there?”
    “Again?” Sam asked, with that ever present hint of jealousy. “Da’mn. Do they ever stop?”
    “I know, right? Who knew two people could literally go at it like bunnies?”
    “Oh you should’ve seen my parents the last time my dad came home from a deployment…”
    “My GOSH Sam! I didn’t need to know that!”
    “Sorry! In fact,” he held a finger to his chin. “I’ll bet that’s how Vincent was--”
    “Shhh, we need to keep our voices down.”

Soon they started gossiping about Alex and Haley and making inappropriate jokes in between, like most guys in their early twenties do.

50539223466_c98299c755_c.jpg

50538499118_57e9f3320f_c.jpg

Harvey came down the stairs and instantly took notice of the two guys nearly pressing their ears on the door. “What’s going on?” he asked them.
    Sebastian and Sam jumped away from the door like two spooked cats. They turned toward Harvey rubbing at their necks in embarrassment. “Nothing,” Sam bravely spoke, “we were just...uh…,” he looked to Sebastian for help, but his friend just shrugged.
    Harvey simply crossed his arms together and gave them a stern look. The kind their parents gave them when they got caught doing something they shouldn’t. “Don’t you two have something better to do?”
    “Yes!” Sebastian spoke, grateful for the opportunity to bail out of this awkward situation. “C’mon Sam, our breakfast awaits.” The two swiftly retreated to the kitchen.

Harvey stayed in place at the base of the stairs, staring at the bedroom door with frank displeasure. It was time he had a chat with Alex.

Back in the bedroom, Alex and Haley emerged from the covers in sensual bliss.

50539224951_145133c300_c.jpg

Then they snuggled for a bit before greeting the day.

“I love you,” Alex whispered to her after a bit of silence, kissing the hair hanging down over her cheek.

50539224866_f57602e35b_c.jpg

His expression sent Haley’s stomach into a free fall, causing her to lose a breath. Love? It felt way too soon to her for that. But she also felt that if she didn’t say it in return Alex’s feelings would be hurt. Who would want to ruin a moment like this with that kind of drama? The seconds were counting down. Maybe...I’ll learn to love him. I’m sure of it!
    “I...love you too,” she faked and it seemed to satisfy Alex because he held her closer to him and lightly kissed her neck over and over again with joy. She hoped he wouldn’t hear her subsequent gulps.

That afternoon, Alex, Sam, Sebastian, and Elliott were playing a few rounds of ping pong on the back deck. Harvey stepped through the sliding glass door and acknowledged them all with a short smile.
    “Hey Harvey,” Elliott greeted. “You wanna get in on this game? You can take my place.”
    “Why ‘cause I’m kicking your butt?” Sam asked Elliott while playfully sticking his tongue out.
    “No thanks,” Harvey responded before Elliott could. “Alex,” he then addressed, “could I talk to you for a minute?”
    That got everyone’s attention, surprising Alex. “Uh, sure Harvey. What’s up?”
    “In private please?”
    The three other guys shot wide eyed glances at each other as the two stepped inside, just like siblings do when they know one of the others is “going to get it” from a parent. For some strange reason that’s what it felt like was about to happen.

Harvey led Alex into the main living area of the house, out of sight and earshot of the others. When he stopped near the fireplace, Alex curiously asked him again, “What’s up?”

50539225061_7a9902ebe2_c.jpg

In the most sensitive and tactful way possible, trying not to exert too much authority, Harvey expressed concern to Alex over his and Haley’s constant sexual intercourse. He greatly encouraged that they both practice safe sex in ways without the use of con'doms because...there weren’t any in this world. He concluded by saying, “I’m advising that you two tone it down because Haley could get pregnant.”

As Harvey spoke, Alex felt disturbed and a bit annoyed by the Doctor’s unsolicited advice. He liked Harvey, but he couldn’t help thinking how classic this was of Harvey to do. Who does he think he is? My dad?
    “Umm...noted Harvey,” he blankly said. “However I don’t see how what we choose to do in our relationship is any of your business.”

50539369907_e4601dd94d_c.jpg

Harvey’s eyes closed for a second to hold back a disgruntled sigh, afraid Alex would react in this manner. He could understand, but he too needed to be frank. “It becomes my business when there’s no Hospital around and I’m the only Physician who’s grossly inexperienced in Obstetrics. I only helped deliver a baby once in my career and that was while working under Doctor Harris, when Sam’s mom gave birth to his little brother. I don’t remember much from that experience at all. I do not think it is unlikely for the ladies to get impregnated in this world as much as they can back home. And what if one of them miscarries? That could mean significant blood loss, on top of whatever might go wrong during a delivery. I’m just not properly equipped for that. Please Alex, I’m urging you to keep that in mind, for Haley’s safety.”

50539225081_08e365122f_c.jpg

Alex casually nodded, but his frustration got the better of him. “I will for sure, but why are you singling us out huh?” He threw a finger toward the back door at a certain guy. “What about Elliott and Leah? They’ve been having sex too!”
    “I intend to talk to them also, but didn’t feel a great need to because they aren’t doing it three to four times a day like you and Haley are!”

50539225146_a76fe6ca35_c.jpg

Alex glared in offense. “Well...still! Sex is sex and babies can happen, right? Isn’t that exactly what you’re grilling into me?”
    “Yes, but what I’m saying to you is that at the rate you and Haley are going you’re increasing the chances of conception significantly! So you both need to--”
    “You know what,” Alex raised his palms and stepped back, “I don’t have to have this conversation with you Harvey. I’m an adult, and so is Haley. We know what we’re doing.”

50539225291_2f541073c6_c.jpg

“I’m not meaning to imply that you aren’t,” Harvey calmed, even though he thought otherwise, “neither did I mean to upset you. I’m just concerned and wanted to remind you of the risks. I know what it’s like to get caught up in the moment with a girl and forget--”
    “Save it Harvey, I was taught Sex Ed in school. I get it.” He walked right past Harvey and straight into his room, firmly shutting the door behind him.
    Harvey just lowered his head and shook it.

Alex pressed his back and head against the other side of the door, expelling a giant sigh. It wasn’t so much that he was angry with Harvey for butting into his personal life, it was the fact that the Doctor was right, and he knew it. He hadn’t been keeping the risks in mind and he hoped that at least Haley had been. With how much she worshipped her body surely she was constantly aware of anything that could alter it, he thought. God please...he then prayed, looking up at the ceiling with longing. My Grandparents will kill me enough as it is...forgive our impulses. I really hope I didn’t get her pregnant. He squeezed his eyes closed. I didn’t mean to be so stu’pid. His heart thumped with worry. He’d have to have a long discussion with Haley soon, but right now he needed to cool off.

He threw on his workout pants and hit the chin up bar to work out the frustration and emotions weighing upon his mind.

50626013272_ac45db0eb5_c.jpg

50625166443_4b34eba5de_c.jpg

More to come later. :) It will be the conclusion to the Chapter.

Link to the whole chapter on my Blog HERE. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Update! Great to see and read while drinking my morning coffee! I loved it!
    Cute picture of Maru kicking the soccer ball. Had to laugh a little at Alex's response. He is not so in love that he can't appreciate another female turning him on with athletics! :smiley:
    Loved the truth or dare game with Shane and Emily. Great way for them to continue getting to know each other and see a different side of each other.
    Cute picture of her poking her elbows in his stomach!
    Nice to see the band mates jammin'.
    She should get something for the headaches. She also should just tell Sebastian! I would rather know if he could accept me as I am now then find out later he can't. Her heart is already too involved. Talk to the man girl! lol
    I think we kinda get what Haley and Alex are up to with the pictures on the forum. :grin: I did look at the ones on your blog. Yup, pretty hot and intense.
    I had to laugh at the guys being 12 year old boys standing outside the door and making fun of Alex and Haley. Kinda makes me think they are just a ton jealous and not showing very much maturity.
    Daddy Harvey showing up and making them feel 12 was perfect.
    whoops, the magic words were said by Alex and Haley isn't sure about saying them back. Not a good thing for Alex at all! :worried: She only loves herself.
    Harvey sure was in his Dad mode! :grimace: I doubt he could have made things any smoother talking to Alex about the risks he and Haley are courting. Of course, Alex probably had not thought about it seriously, but I don't blame him for being upset. Whoa, Harvey threw the frequency of sex at Alex vs Elliot and Leah. It only takes one time at the right time so that doesn't really matter. It kinda smacks of disapproval morally and approaching as a doctor with concerns he shouldn't judge that way. I can totally get Alex being upset and not wanting to listen to him. I appreciate Harvey's worries about what could happen if someone had complications, but that can happen with anything they do, even using a butcher knife in the kitchen, or driving the truck and having an accident, not just sex. Perhaps he needs to go back to the store and see if he can find certain packages in the back aisles. :grin:
    I totally love how you can keep them all growing and learning as they are trying to get by in this new world and figure out what their quests are. I'm ready for the next part! :wink:
    @bekkasan I love that you were the first to comment on my recent story post. :mrgreen:<3 I knew I would make you happy when you saw it this morning. :kissing_heart: And that fills me with happy. :blush:
    Yeppers about Alex. ;) He was just like, "Dang, one of the girls actually doing something sporty? Hot!" :lol:
    Can you guess who's idea it was to play Truth or Dare? :p That picture of Emily propping herself up on Shane's stomach is one of my favorites. :blush: I knew you would think it's cute too.
    She also should just tell Sebastian! I would rather know if he could accept me as I am now then find out later he can't.
    ^I feel the same. She'll find the time to tell him, don't worry. ;) Or will he find out some other way? :naughty:
    I think we kinda get what Haley and Alex are up to with the pictures on the forum. :grin:
    ^True, but I had to add in those hotter pics. :smirk: Hee hee! Loved the poses too much! *Turning up the steam!* :p
    Daddy Harvey showing up and making them feel 12 was perfect.
    ^Hee hee! I enjoyed writing that part. :mrgreen:
    whoops, the magic words were said by Alex and Haley isn't sure about saying them back. Not a good thing for Alex at all! :worried: She only loves herself.
    ^Yuuuuup. :( Makes you feel sad for Alex...
    Although me as the reader I would've been thinking, "Man, he's pretty dumb to not have noticed how selfish Haley is all these years..." However, I would realize that he was blinded by love and knew there was selfishness present, but felt like with his love he could change her. Makes you kinda sigh though cause...you can't change people. :confused:
    Whoa, Harvey threw the frequency of sex at Alex vs Elliot and Leah. It only takes one time at the right time so that doesn't really matter. It kinda smacks of disapproval morally and approaching as a doctor with concerns he shouldn't judge that way.
    ^Yuuuup. (Again ;) ). It certainly wasn't one of Harvey's best moments, :( but his heart was in the right place. He just allowed his inner fears to get the better of him and also the feelings of incompetency as a simple, small town medical doctor...
    He made a promise to bring them all home safely and that's a huge promise that...he may not be able to keep, but greatly hopes that he can. <3
    And I don't blame Alex for being upset either! :grimace: AT ALL! I certainly would be! But it seems like it was a good thing Harvey reminded him about the risks...
    I appreciate Harvey's worries about what could happen if someone had complications, but that can happen with anything they do, even using a butcher knife in the kitchen, or driving the truck and having an accident, not just sex. Perhaps he needs to go back to the store and see if he can find certain packages in the back aisles. :grin:
    ^Ha ha!! :joy: Seriously! Maybe he's already had the same thought. :lol: I think it's safe to say he'll be doing some more OB-GYN studying for a while since it's on his mind. ;)
    I totally love how you can keep them all growing and learning as they are trying to get by in this new world and figure out what their quests are.
    ^Thank you. :kissing_heart: I keep hoping their character development is shining through and it's great to hear that it is. <3
    I can't wait to share more. :smiley:
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    edited November 2020
    @emorrill Funny picture of Alex staring at Maru playing football. He shouldn't be so surprised girls can do it too ;) .
    I wonder what Alex and Haley have in common, since Haley is not interested in sports at all, but I hope they have enough to stick together. He is admiring Maru's physique though...
    I like Haley's lingerie. Pretty!
    Truth or dare is a good way to get to know someone. Would be lovely to hear the deep conversation between Emily and the chicken, but too bad that won*t happen until Pelican Town, lol.
    Good to see Shane is developing feeling for Emily because we all know she has feelings for him.
    "You don't want to know", Shane says. Maybe he has actually realized Emily is interested in him.
    Shane! Don't tease a girl like that! I would have loved to see Emily's face when he told her he's into guys :# .
    Emily's never had a boyfriend? She must get so many guys approaching him at the bar, but apparently she was never interested in any of them. Shane*s got his chance now!
    Nice pictures of the band practice.
    Poor Sebastian, being oned up by Sam even in Abigail's eyes. But yeah, good guitar playing is hot :p .
    Abigail needs to tell Sebastian about her being a witch. She needs to know if it will chase him away, because they are both getting so attached to each other. The sooner he knows the better for both of them, whatever he'll decide. But Abigail is right, that was the wrong moment,
    I hope Abigail finds a way to contact Rasmodius. She really needs to get rid of those headaches!
    I checked the pictures of Haley and Alex from your blog, and they were hot :p .
    Sebastian and Sam are acting like teenagers, but I guess they are just jealous. Silly anyway!
    Oh no, the three words and they were not taken well... :s
    What a situation. Haley shouldn't say anything she doesn't mean, but that would have been an awful situation to not say anything too. I hope she'll learn to love him, but based on her reaction I'm not sure about it.
    Ok, now Harvey is definitely being a father figure. I understand he feels it's his responsibility as a doctor, but he may be going a bit too far letting Alex know that he knows how often he and Haley have sex compared to Elliott and Leah because it sounds like he's spying on them which he of course isn't doing.
    He has a point though, and it's hard to be discreet when reminding someone about something like that. I must say I would have felt insulted too, if I was Alex, because, after all, they are all adults whether Harvey thinks so or not. Then again, Alex really hadn't been thinking carefully about it, and it's funny that he expects Haley to have been taking care of everything while he never asked her. I hope Alex learned something of the unwanted conversation.
    @meerkattime Yay! It's time to read your thoughts. :blush:
    I wonder what Alex and Haley have in common, since Haley is not interested in sports at all, but I hope they have enough to stick together.
    ^This is actually a really great question. I'm still pondering that myself. :lol:
    But yeah Alex was totally checking out Maru in more ways than one. :p (Most guys are gonna notice a girl's hot bod even if they are in a committed relationship. ;) Those stinkers! But I guess we do the same on the flip side so... ;) )
    I think Haley's lingere is pretty too. :blush:
    Truth or dare is a good way to get to know someone. Would be lovely to hear the deep conversation between Emily and the chicken, but too bad that won*t happen until Pelican Town, lol.
    ^It is. :) And yeah, that would've been fun to write about, but it's something that will have to be left up to the reader's imagination. :smile:
    "You don't want to know", Shane says. Maybe he has actually realized Emily is interested in him.
    ^Maybe. I like that insight! :smiley: As I was writing it I was really just having him say it because...he's truly had many girlfriends over the years. But like he said later, the relationships didn't last long. :( (Mostly due to his drinking problem)
    Lol! I would've loved to see Emily's face when Shane teased her like that too! :joy: I can only imagine it! I'm working to throw in more playful banter between them, as their friendship grows. :blush:
    Nope, Emily's never had a boyfriend. (It doesn't say anything about that in the Stardew Valley lore, but in my mind she hasn't. And no doubt guys have hit on her at the bar, but she's like..."No way Jose!" :lol: Many of those men were too old for her. There's a lot of older guys in town that are her parents age. The Blacksmith in the game is interested in her - oh what's his name? Clint? - but Emily doesn't seem to notice cause he's real shy about it. I don't think he and Emily would make a very good couple at all, imho. :p ) Anyhoo!
    I like that you agree that some epic guitar playing can look pretty hot. :smirk:
    Abigail needs to tell Sebastian about her being a witch. She needs to know if it will chase him away, because they are both getting so attached to each other.
    ^Agreed. 👍 But yeah that was totally the wrong moment unfortunately.
    I hope Abigail finds a way to contact Rasmodius. She really needs to get rid of those headaches!
    ^We shall see. ;)
    What a situation. Haley shouldn't say anything she doesn't mean, but that would have been an awful situation to not say anything too. I hope she'll learn to love him, but based on her reaction I'm not sure about it.
    ^Exactly. And yeah if I were the reader I wouldn't be so sure either. :confused: They say opposites attract though. ;)
    Ok, now Harvey is definitely being a father figure. I understand he feels it's his responsibility as a doctor, but he may be going a bit too far letting Alex know that he knows how often he and Haley have sex compared to Elliott and Leah because it sounds like he's spying on them which he of course isn't doing.
    ^Yep. Wasn't Harvey's greatest moment, but we can all understand his reasoning. And LOL! :joy: I was totally thinking when I was writing Alex's reaction that he'd think Harvey was spying on them in this creepy, desperate way - which would be justified - but as you've said, no he wasn't. Everyone could just hear and see those two going at it more than once a day in BOTH houses! :lol: I was channeling mine and my husband's newlywed days writing about those two. :smirk: Ahem! (Did I say that out loud? :lol: )
    Oh I don't blame Alex for being upset either!
    I hope Alex learned something of the unwanted conversation.
    ^It seems like he did, so we'll see what he does about it. ???
    Thank you so much for the lovely comments. :kissing_heart: I love reading your thoughts and insights into everything that happens. Glad you enjoyed it. :blush:

Now I'm just waiting to read @KevinL5275 's reaction to it, especially to the extra pictures on my blog. :mrgreen: (Sorry, I have to tease you a little buddy. ;) )

*So, did any of you walk away from this wondering if Haley is pregnant? :mrgreen: (I can't help asking, but of course I can't tell either way. Sorry...don't wanna spoil. ;)<3 )

Thank you all again for your continued support and enjoyment of this story. 🤗 It truly keeps me going with it.
    {{{{{{Big hugs!}}}}}} <3
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    But yeah Alex was totally checking out Maru in more ways than one. :p (Most guys are gonna notice a girl's hot bod even if they are in a committed relationship. ;) Those stinkers! But I guess we do the same on the flip side so... ;) )
    I think Haley's lingerie is pretty too. :blush:
    Now I'm just waiting to read @KevinL5275 's reaction to it, especially to the extra pictures on my blog. :mrgreen: (Sorry, I have to tease you a little buddy. ;) )

Thank you all again for your continued support and enjoyment of this story. 🤗 It truly keeps me going with it.
    {{{{{{Big hugs!}}}}}} <3

Guilty! My wife notices me looking at another woman and she says "See something you like?" and I look at her and I say "I do now." :)

Yes Haley looks awesome, and that's all I can appropriately say. o:) No wonder Alex is enjoying himself, I wouldn't want to let her out of my sight either. :D Too bad she doesn't feel the same way (yet) but I'm sure she's having fun.

Too funny with Sam and Sebastian outside their door. :D:D:D:D

I love the band practice too, Abigail looks great with her makeup and accessories, good job. :)

Did Emily choose that shirt on purpose? hehe

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Hey @KevinL5275 Loved reading your comments. :blush:

Good answer to your wife there when she catches you in the act. :smirk:
    :lol:
    Yes Haley looks awesome, and that's all I can appropriately say. o:) No wonder Alex is enjoying himself, I wouldn't want to let her out of my sight either. :D Too bad she doesn't feel the same way (yet) but I'm sure she's having fun.
    ^Hee hee. :blush:
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see if love eventually blossoms in her heart for him...
    Thanks for the compliment on Abigail's getup. :blush:
    Did Emily choose that shirt on purpose? hehe
    ^Lol! Not really. ;) It was another shirt Haley packed for her that isn't usually something she would wear. (In her mind. ;) )
    I was totally thinking about writing in Shane admiring her cleavage again from that view :smirk: but I felt like it would kinda kill the mood I was trying to portray in that moment. ;)
    But we ALL know he was totally checking her chest out. :naughty::lol::p
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Came here to catch up but it’s been so long I don’t remember anything so gotta start back at the beginning!

@emorrill i bought the Stardew Valley app on iPad and it was fun to recognize some of the characters from your story but the app is a mess. If I ever get done with the sequel I’m going to buy it on Steam and play properly!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I bought it on Steam. It’s been harder 😂
    Hey friends. :blush: Here it is, the close of Chapter 10! (Finally! :lol: ) So sorry for that wait. Y'all know how busy it gets around the Holidays. ;) Anyway, Enjoy! :blush:

Conclusion of Chapter 10

Sunday morning came early for Emily, finding herself waking up around 5:30 and unable to fall back asleep. She watched Shane sleep peacefully for what felt like hours, running a bunch of different impending scenarios through her mind and juggling so many feelings at the same time. Yesterday was such a magical day. Shane had turned into someone completely different than who she’d always known; his true self shining through. He’d become the man her heart always yearned for him to be and now that he was, it couldn’t stop beating for him. He quickly became a dear friend. They made a connection, an inexpressible one, and there was no way Shane did not feel it too, she thought. At least, that’s what she greatly hoped. The nagging reservations about him still lingered deep within herself and she hated it. Truthfully, if she had a magic wand she’d wish them all away into oblivion in a snap. Perhaps they still lingered to protect herself from heartache. A heartache she didn’t even want to think about.

Finally she just got herself up, dressed, and headed into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast.

Harvey joined her at the dining table just as she was finishing her cup of coffee. Naturally he asked about Shane and was very pleased to hear how much better he was doing, physically and emotionally. He praised Emily for her amazing gift in being able to reach Shane in a way no one else could and thanked her greatly for her help.

50730528227_835ecdc09c_c.jpg

“I would like to give him one final check up,” he told her, “if you think he’s ready for that? Or does he need a couple of more days?”
    Oh how Emily wanted to suggest they wait a couple of more days, but she had the feeling Shane felt stir crazy and was just itching to get out of that stuffy and boring bedroom; ready to face the world again. She could sense it. I can’t keep him close forever. “I think it would be alright if you see him now,” she said. “Of course I’ll ask him first, but if yes, when are you available?”
    “My schedule is pretty open these days,” he wittily smiled. “You just let me know when he’s ready and I’ll be there.”
    Emily nodded.

When she entered the dimly lit bedroom, she found that Shane had kicked the covers off himself and was looking a little sweaty in the face. Carefully she sat down by his side and placed a caring hand upon his forehead. It didn’t feel hot, but oh how her eyes indulged in how gorgeous he looked. Her touch made his eyes flicker open.

50730432826_0b7e2f8f98_c.jpg

“Hey,” he quietly greeted, returning her smile.
    “Hey. You feeling okay?”
    “Yeah...just roasting.”
    “I’ll open the window in a bit here, get some of that cool air coming in.”
    He nodded his head in approval.

“So hey,” she began, brushing away his bangs, “I was just talking to Harvey and...he’s kinda anxious to see how you’re doing. I can certainly understand why. I think it’s time we allow him in.”
    Shane tried not to roll his eyes. He still didn’t like seeing doctors, especially with this one always being Harvey. “Ugh,” he moaned. “Do we have to?”
    “He just wants to give you a clean bill of health,” she encouraged, caressing his arm. “And that would be a good thing right?”
    Shane somewhat nodded, willingly surrendering to her. There was no point in fighting her against anything undesired that she felt was in his best interest. He’d ultimately lose and he kind of loved it; loved her feistiness because of how much she cared. “Okay…”
    Impressed, Emily’s eyebrows rose for a second and then relaxed. “Okay,” she smiled. “I’ll go fetch him now so we can get it over with alright?” She could see the appreciation of her thoughtfulness in his eyes. “And you know, this is a great opportunity to make things right with him. I mean...if you feel ready to. If not it’s totally okay.”
    “No,” he closed his eyes with a gulp. “You’re right. Best to get it all over with right?”
    “Right,” she patted his arm proudly before standing. “I’ll be right back.” She turned for the door.
    “Wait,” he said, gripping her hand. “You’re not going to leave me alone in here with him are you?”
    Emily turned her head in his direction, loving the way he caressed her fingers with his, imploring her to stay through his touch. “No. I’ll be here.”
    He gratefully smiled.

50730432791_3a467c4d5e_c.jpg

When Harvey walked in, he stopped at the foot of the bed and gave Shane a smile. Shane struggled to meet his gaze.

“Hey Shane, it’s good to see you,” he greeted. He put his hands on his hips and studied the patient for a second. “You’re looking much better! I’m relieved.”
    Harvey’s kindness once again wasn’t making this any easier for Shane.
    “You’re feeling much better I take it?”
    Shane casually nodded and when his eyes slightly met with Harvey’s he ended up doing a double take. Now he squinted intently at the Doctor. It couldn’t be helped. “You look weird,” he frankly noted.

Emily almost burst out laughing. “He shaved off his mustache! Isn’t it great!?” she happily blurted out. “He looks SO much better now doesn’t he? No offense Harvey…”
    “None taken.”

50729700098_30d6198b0c_c.jpg

“I guess so,” Shane shrugged. “Younger anyway.” It felt kind of creepy because he knew Harvey wasn't much older than himself and now they looked to be the same age.
    “That’s what the others said too,” Harvey slightly blushed. “Anyway,” he drew in a quick breath and addressed Shane again, “mind if I take a look at you? I want to see how you are at your best and not at your worst,” he slightly winked.
    “Fine,” Shane allowed, looking away again. He could feel Emily’s gaze upon him, reminding him to behave. He sure was trying. It was going to take some practice.

Before Harvey began, he asked Shane, “So, when was the last time you’ve seen a doctor and had a complete physical?” He’d been wondering for years.
    Emily’s eyebrows rose, not expecting that.
    Shane’s eyebrows about did the same. “Uh...I dunno. Like ten years or so. I never got any physicals though, just went in when I felt really sick.”
    Harvey nodded, lifting the ear tips of the stethoscope up into his ears. “Okay. Well I’ll give you a similar check up here, I’ll just omit a few trivial things,” he said and then held the diaphragm to Shane’s belly and listened. He knew Shane still didn’t feel comfortable being around him, so he wanted to make this exam as short and simple as possible while getting all the information needed to gauge where Shane’s health was at.

50730432691_89afa70893_c.jpg

“Good stomach and bowel tones,” he informed, returning the stethoscope to its usual place at the base of his neck. He then started lightly pressing all around Shane’s abdomen. “Let me know if it hurts anywhere.”
    Shane uneasily stared at the wall, until Harvey pressed on his liver and he winced a bit.
    “Sorry about that,” Harvey noticed, “could be some inflammation there, but of course we won’t know for sure until we get back home and do an ultrasound.”
    Yeah I get it, my liver’s destroyed, Shane muttered in his head. At least he didn’t vocalize it like he normally would.

50730528142_c095a0554f_c.jpg

With that part of the exam over, Harvey pulled up a chair beside the bed and started checking on Shane’s vitals. Emily watched intently, giving Shane encouraging smiles whenever he glanced over at her. She hoped he could sense how proud she is of him, especially for not fighting Harvey on this.
    “Wow,” Harvey spoke, “your pulse is great, compared to before. You’re doing well in your recovery; quicker than I was expecting.”
    Shane threw out a casual smile. He - and Harvey - couldn’t help thinking that a certain woman in the room had a lot to do with that.

50730432876_d063465c4b_c.jpg

“Now let’s have you sit up for a bit,” Harvey asked. When Shane did, he took a look at his eyes and mouth and then gave his heart a listen. It was pumping a little quicker than normal, but he knew the difference between nervous or anxious palpitations over Tachycardia. He wondered what might be causing Shane to feel anxious. It couldn’t simply be the check up. Shane still hardly acknowledged him. “Relax,” he casually said, “it’s just me. Boring and annoying Doctor Harvey,” he humorously added, trying to ease the tension. Shane just closed his eyes and shook his head. “Something on your mind?” Harvey then asked in inquiry.

In that moment, Shane looked directly at Emily, hungering for encouragement in what he was struggling to do. She gave it freely to him, with a smile and a nod. He thought about it for a couple of seconds, feeling his stomach tighten, and then swallowed, lowering his head before the Doctor. “No,” he defeatedly replied. “Just waiting for this to be over.”

Emily frowned in disappointment, but she really couldn’t hold it against him. It was a big step to take in his mental recovery, and one of the most difficult. She folded her arms while releasing a silent sigh. Maybe he isn’t quite ready…
    Even Harvey felt a twinge of disappointment that Shane didn’t open up, but it was to be expected. “It will be soon,” he told him. “Now take a deep breath.”

50730432856_955f363083_c.jpg

Soon Shane found himself standing before Harvey, watching Harvey’s finger gradually move from side to side with only his eyes, and doing many other similar actions that felt like he was being given a sobriety test. Boy those were some great times, he thought sarcastically. At the conclusion of it, Harvey kindly directed him to sit on the bed as the exam was finished. Finally, he sighed, planting his face into his hands and rubbing at his forehead and eyes.

“Well,” Harvey sighed, joining Emily at her side and addressing her as much as Shane, “everything looks good, nothing too alarming standing out. Although I would like to see you in my clinic as soon as we return home so we can get a deeper look at your liver, alright?”
    “Uh huh,” came Shane’s muffled voice through his hands.

50729700003_8ce91c6526_c.jpg

“I’m happy to give you a clean bill of health Shane,” he concluded with a smile. Emily grinned even brighter at the fact. “Right now I recommend you continue to take it easy; one day at a time. If you need anything, don’t be afraid to ask. My door is always open.”
    “Thank you Harvey,” Emily said, apparently for the both of them.
    “Hang in there alright,” he continued to address Shane. “You’re doing great! I’m very impressed with your progress. I have no doubt you’ll be out and about in no time.”
    Shane finally lowered his hands from his face, but didn’t acknowledge Harvey, still wrestling within himself. The opportune moment was slipping away and he really didn’t want to try and face it again.

As Emily saw the Doctor out, Shane squeezed his eyes shut and called, “Harvey wait!”

The two turned and gave Shane their undivided attention. Emily’s heart raced again with hope.

“Thank you,” Shane finally expressed, looking directly at Harvey now. “For everything. For saving my life.”

Touched by his words, Harvey smiled in deep appreciation. “You are most welcome Shane. I’m glad I was able to.”

50729699883_56ff99bd11_c.jpg

“Me too,” he cracked a smile and began twiddling his fingers. “I guess I...shouldn’t have given you such a hard time for carrying around all those ‘drugs.’”
    The three of them chuckled.
    “About that,” Shane continued, lowering his head and still working to muster up the courage. It really wasn’t supposed to be this hard. He tried to swallow the thickness in the back of his throat. “I’m...I’m sorry for...being such a je’rk to you all these years. I really didn’t have any good reason to be.”

50730528012_8dace36a6f_c.jpg

In that moment, the air in the room had completely changed. Every person felt tears welling up in their eyes, each for a different reason.

“I appreciate that Shane,” Harvey expressed. “Really, don’t worry about it. All is forgiven.”

A tear escaped Shane’s eye which really made him look away from Harvey. With the floodgates open now he felt powerless to keep from expressing his reasoning. “I guess...I despised you the most because...I was jealous of you…”

That threw Harvey for a loop. He gave Shane a disbelieving stare. “Jealous of me?

50730527947_6c67bc01d4_c.jpg

“Yes,” he painfully admitted. “You were that shining bachelor in town around the same age as me who accomplished way more in his life and had everything I could never hope to have. Sobriety, smarts, a successful career...always gaining respect from people, who didn’t immediately judge you at first glance.” He sniffed.
    Emily wiped away a tear as Shane spoke, feeling deeply the sorrows of his soul.
    “Hell you could’ve had your choice over any number of women to settle down with, while I couldn’t even keep one in my life.”
    “Oh well I don’t know about that…,” Harvey digressed.
    “And of course you’d know how to treat a woman well,” he somberly trailed on, still staring at the wall. “Never having to worry that you’d say or do something to hurt her because...you’re not a habitual sc’rew up.”

50730432531_b0ce3fc7b3_c.jpg

Emily lowered her head.

Harvey stepped closer to Shane and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. “Shane, I’m flattered - and rather shocked - that you hold me in such high regard, but...I’m really not that perfect guy who has everything. No one is.”
    “I know that Harvey, but the fact is some people are given a better life than others.”
    “That may be true, but while things might look great and prosperous on the surface of a person’s life, they’re struggling with inner demons just as real and harsh as your own. Things are not always as they seem.”
    Shane groaned and buried his face in his hands again.
    Harvey continued, leaning in closer. “You can have all those things. You are well on your way to obtaining them. You just have to learn to not let your shortcomings consume you and believe you have the ability to make all your dreams a reality. You are of a sound mind now, YOU are in control, so everything in your life from here on out will be better. Life still won’t be easy, but it will be easier to get through than before. You’ll make it all happen Shane. You don’t have to carry those same fears and insecurities anymore.”

50729699973_f9936a9607_c.jpg

Emily tearfully smiled at Harvey, with a thankful heart. She joyfully watched - never thinking she would ever see the day - as the two men exchanged a handshake of gratitude. Harvey patted Shane on the back before turning to leave. He stopped before Emily and gave off a slight “I hope that helped” shrug. She swiftly took him into a hug. “Thank you,” she whispered.

When Harvey was gone, Emily crouched down before Shane and affectionately placed her hands on his forearms. “See, that wasn’t so bad!” she gleefully said as his eyes met hers. “I knew Harvey would totally be cool and understanding.”
    Shane gave her a half smile.
    “And that was a beautiful apology. I’m so proud of you!” She wanted more than anything to cup his face in her hands and kiss him, but tenderly brushed the bangs away from his eyes instead. “You wanna get some lunch?”

50730432476_1a81357d8e_c.jpg

“No,” he replied. “Honestly I just wanna sleep.”
    Emily nodded. She could only imagine how much all that took out of him. “Okay...well I’ll leave then so you can do that.”
    “Stay with me,” he asked, gripping her hand again just as he did before when she stood to leave. “It just feels kinda strange...not having you in here with me.”
    Emily smiled, with brightly blushed cheeks.
    “But if you’re hungry and want to eat then go right on ahead. I--”
    “No, I’m not.”

Hearing that he gave her an appreciative gaze and then promptly lay himself upon the bed, patting it behind him, implying that she join him.

Emily wasn’t entirely sure if that’s what he was suggesting - her wildly fluttering heart sure wishing it was - because it seemed such an unusual request from him. However, given the mental wrestling match he’d just been through, maybe he was desiring some closeness with his new friend to help him feel more at peace. That made sense. So, with a hint of reservation, she slipped onto the bed beside him and spread herself out until their bodies touched. Once again it felt electrifying. She wondered if it might be best that she turn her back towards him instead of spooning him - would that be too intimate? - but she swore she heard a faint, just hold me, said in his voice.

Whether he actually vocalized it or not she could feel that’s what his soul was desiring so she carefully wrapped her arm around his waist and to her surprise he welcomed it, resting his arm upon hers and weaving his fingers into her own. Within a minute or two, he was breathing deeply, sound asleep.

50730432416_842b803aa0_c.jpg

Emily couldn’t sleep though. Her racing heart wouldn’t settle down and she was just too overfilled with joy.

The second week in this strange new world could not have ended in any better of a way, to her.

50730527877_7e45192ff5_c.jpg

<3:mrgreen:<3
    Woo! First of all I love Emily's dress. :D Second, how touching and emotional. I can't believe you got both of them on one bed. hahaha
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures

@emorrill Update! :heart:
    I just want to give Emily a hug. All those thoughts and uncertainties are certainly understandable. Falling for a guy with issues is hard enough, seeing him struggle to become better is heartening, hoping for a better future for him as well as herself. She's a brave one and I hope he proves worthy of her.
    I was glad he agreed to let Harvey check him over and was halfway decent to him. :grin:
    I loved he wanted her to stay with him during the exam. I do believe he gains strength from her power.
    I think my favorite picture is the one of his hand reaching out to hers!
    I laughed when he told Harvey he looked weird!
    I was worried he was going to let Harvey leave before talking to him.
    That was a great apology and explanation of how he felt all those years.
    Loved the surprise on Harvey's part and he handled it just as he should.
    Sweet that he wanted her to stay and snuggle next to him and not be alone.
    I guess the next hurdle is facing the other guys. I hope they are as forgiving as Harvey.
    I hope he gets out of that room soon! He needs some fresh air.
    edited December 2020
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Woo! First of all I love Emily's dress. :D Second, how touching and emotional. I can't believe you got both of them on one bed. hahaha

@KevinL5275 Thank you my friend. :blush: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Since Emily is a seamstress I wanted to make that dress look like a homemade one. Did I succeed in that? ;)
    Hee hee. That's the power of holding down the Alt button when posing your sims. 👍🥰

@bekkasan
    I just want to give Emily a hug. All those thoughts and uncertainties are certainly understandable. Falling for a guy with issues is hard enough, seeing him struggle to become better is heartening, hoping for a better future for him as well as herself. She's a brave one and I hope he proves worthy of her.
    ^This was so beautiful. <3 And exactly what I was hoping the reader would feel and recognize while reading about her inner struggles.
    I've never been in a relationship with a guy who's had any serious issues or struggles - especially alcoholism - so I can only go by what I imagine it would be like to be in love with one and hope that they become better, rise above it, and love me deeply amidst it all.
    Yes, Shane definitely draws much strength from Emily's love and care. <3<3 I think he's going to have a hard time moving on without her by his side... :smirk:
    I think my favorite picture is the one of his hand reaching out to hers!
    ^I love that pose too. :blush: Let me see if I can find it and link it here for you. (In case you don't already have it. ;) )
    http://mypalsims-poses-for-sims-3.blogspot.com/2013/01/sick-bed.html?zx=a66f76163c0d1b79
    ^You'll have to Click "Yes, I'm over 18" jazz to enter the site.
    ^Yay! :lol: I was hoping I'd get a chuckle out of everyone with that one. I seriously chuckled EVERY time when I went back through and read it all, fixing stuff. :p
    I was worried he was going to let Harvey leave before talking to him.
    ^So I succeeded in that. :smirk::p He really almost did! But I think he worried he would get the business from Emily if he didn't - which actually she would've been very understanding <3 - so he pushed it out of himself. :lol: And it ended up being a very good thing. :)
    Loved the surprise on Harvey's part and he handled it just as he should.
    ^Yes. <3<3 I love my Harvey.
    I was really hoping to find a better "spooning" pose, where she's not kissing the base of his neck, but I was unsuccessful. However, thinking on it, I would imagine that Emily would be gently kissing him in that moment while he slept. It's no mystery the way she feels about him. It would be a tempting thing to do indeed - for me personally - and maybe...she hoped he would feel her affection more deeply that way (if he felt it. ;) )
    I guess the next hurdle is facing the other guys. I hope they are as forgiving as Harvey.
    ^I think most of them will be. They always just ignored Shane because, "that's typical Shane" you know? ;) I think seeing him change and trying to be a better person will be a very miraculous surprise to them all and they won't mind putting aside all the meanness he threw at them. But I guess we'll see. ;)
    Yes! Shane really needs to get out of the room and into some fresh air! I struggle breathing just thinking about being cooped up in my room for over a week! :flushed:
    Thank you for the beautiful comments. Like I said, they were the perfect thoughts I was hoping the reader would feel and they filled me with happy. :kissing_heart:

Edit: In case any of y'all were wondering, talking about Shane and Harvey being close in age, I imagine that Harvey is probably about 3 or 4 years older than Shane. And Elliott is about 2 years older than Harvey. ;)

@KevinL5275 Thank you my friend. :blush: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Since Emily is a seamstress I wanted to make that dress look like a homemade one. Did I succeed in that? ;)
    Hee hee. That's the power of holding down the Alt button when posing your sims. 👍🥰
    ^Yay! :lol: I was hoping I'd get a chuckle out of everyone with that one. I seriously chuckled EVERY time when I went back through and read it all, fixing stuff. :p

I think he's going to have a hard time moving on without her by his side... :smirk:

Ah-ha, your secret is out! >:)
    Yes, I chuckled a couple times as well reading the interaction between Harvey and Shane.
    Wait whaaaat? without her by his side? Whatcha talkin' about Willis?? :#
    Wait whaaaat? without her by his side? Whatcha talkin' about Willis?? :#

@KevinL5275 ^Huh? Did I mention that? :no_mouth:*clears throat*

Well I think it's to be assumed that the two are kinda thinking after this whole recovery they'll go their separate ways...

Or WILL they? :smirk:

:naughty:

Oh boy, now you got the song in my head. But that's okay because it's a great one. :mrgreen: Been a favorite of mine for years. One of the most emotional breakup songs ever! <3:cry:<3 The way it's so heart wrenchingly delivered, I just LOVE it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsdGgRL1xHc

Kinda makes you wonder if this song has been on my mind for a while now. 🤔

:smirk:

:p

<3
    Hey everyone. :)

Just popping in here to let y'all know I will be working on Chapter 11 very soon. :blush: And I wanted to share a couple of things for fun.

Last night I was reading some different threads about people discussing the Stardew Valley Bachelors and Bachelorettes and also which ones make the best spouses and which should be paired together and all that jazz. It was really entertaining. :mrgreen: And getting me pumped to write. I even discussed a few ideas with hubby for my story, and it was so fun! He was a great listener. <3 And always so supportive of my work.

Sometimes I'll poke around the internet looking at fanart that people have done and I found this adorable one with Harvey. <3 It's supposed to be him and the artist's personal character, but I could totally picture it being Penny. :blush: Isn't it cute!? Their future in my story perhaps? ;)<3

Harvey-and-preggo-wife.png

I still love (and prefer) Harvey without the handlebar mustache, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I've never been a facial hair gal...

I totally have this mod in my game:

Harvey-no-stache.png

Doesn't he look 10 times sexier without? (And younger!?) :love:

Okay, I'm done with that. :lol:

Anyhoo, stay tuned for Chapter 11 y'all! Thank you always for your support and interest in this story. <3 {{{{Hugs}}}} <3
    That is a great picture of Harvey and her character. Sure wish I could draw!
    Looking forward to an update! Go play your game! :grin:

Chapter 11

Monday marked the third week of living in the empty town of Appaloosa. The fact that they were still on a mysterious quest seemed to slip away from everyone’s minds as they simply went about living their lives, muddling through the situation, and dealing with whatever life in this strange world happened to throw at them.

Alex certainly found himself in the latter part.

Ever since Harvey’s unwelcome approach about his sexual relations with Haley and the risks involved - which he hated to admit hadn’t even crossed his mind - Alex had become an anxious mess. It didn’t matter what he said or did to try and convince himself that nothing happened, to ease the tightness in his chest and stomach. It was always going to be there until he sat down and had a serious chat with Haley. He needed to anyway, but why did approaching her about their unsafe sex and possibly having a kid together have to feel so difficult? And awkward? Perhaps because there were still so many unknowns between them, especially in regards to children. But we’re in love. Talking about serious matters like this should be easy when you’re in love, he thought. It certainly seemed that way between his Grandparents; most of the time. But why then did his stomach still feel tensed up? He buried his face in his hands.

He could practically hear his dad’s booming voice in his head, calling him irresponsible, and just as it always did before, it made his blood boil. That was one of many accusations he always heard from his father growing up and he was determined to prove him wrong on all of them! It had practically become his life’s mission.

Alex certainly considered himself to be a fairly responsible adult since before he hit age 18, when his drunk and abusive father left him and his mom, and he had to be the man of the house until she died from an unknown disease. But maybe, he gulped at the thought, feeling his stomach sink, he wasn’t as mature and responsible as he always thought. He rapidly shook his head, pushing back the resurfacing haunting emotions from his childhood. He refused to believe his dad was right about him.

All I wanna do, he blew out a breath, willfully switching gears, is be the man Haley deserves. If she is pregnant...I will accept the consequences of my actions and never EVER treat her and the baby the way you did us old man! He pointed a finger at the ceiling, hoping the piece of scum was dead. No way in hell! You’ll see I’m NOT irresponsible! And I WILL amount to something!

When Haley arrived at the guy’s house, Alex happily greeted her at the door with a deeply emotional kiss and then asked if they could talk for a minute. Initially, Haley was totally carefree and cool about it, but once Alex sat them down on the sofa and struggled to meet her gaze, she became worried.

“Alex what’s wrong?” she asked.

50776545962_f65e592afe_c.jpg

Alex didn’t have any clue where to begin. He figured a good start would be to tell her about Harvey approaching him the other day.

“You know Doctor Harvey,” he poked fun at, “always having something medical to say, encouraging us to keep an eye on our health and stay away from junk food and all that jazz...”
    “Yeah,” she tittered. “It’s gotten royally annoying over the years! It’s kinda why I always avoided him. He never shuts up about it!”
    “Yeeeeah,” he agreed, pausing to gulp, “only this time...his heart was actually in the right place and...as much as I want to be mad at him about it...I can’t.”
    Haley raised a questionable eyebrow at him.

The seriousness returned as Alex told her all about the conversation with Harvey and the current fears he held as a result of it. He also greatly apologized to her for being so careless about the risks and promised that if anything had happened, he would be there for her all the way.

50776436441_0e625c17b0_c.jpg

As he spoke, and especially when he was finished, he found Haley to be much less concerned about it all than he was and that...was somewhat shocking. It downright confused him.

However she did validate his feelings and offered many quiet assurances that everything was fine and they would be okay.

50776436351_f13bb59ae5_c.jpg

Well, if she isn’t worried about it then what do I have to worry about? Alex thought, finding his lips swiftly meeting hers and trusting in her confidence. Any touch from her always made him melt like butter in her hands.

50776436261_5bd7f5b1b2_c.jpg

That evening the two decided against having sex for obvious reasons and would for a time anyway since Haley somewhat lied and told Alex it was “that time of the month.”
    “I feel icky,” she declared not long afterward, as they were both sprawled out on Alex’s bed. “Mind if I grab a shower?”
    “Not at all,” came the reply. “I’ll just wait here for you.” He smirked.

After her shower, Haley stood before the sink and studied herself, and body, in the mirror.

50776545837_ab9d594a0d_c.jpg

“Still lookin’ as hot as ever Haley,” she vainly complimented herself while running her hands down her trim waistline. “Mmm, hmm.” She thought on how proud she was of herself for not binging on all the delicious new food in this world. Many were quite tempting to try and a real struggle to say no to. But her perfect body always made the deprivation worth it in the end.

As her hand grazed her hip, she felt a small, scaly spot on her skin. Glancing down at it through the mirror she could see it was round and pink in color. Her eyes bugged out as she expressed a short, high pitched scream. The pigeon sleeping on the windowsill outside got spooked away.

With a grimace she stepped as close to the mirror as she could to study the spot. “What in the wide wide world of Stardew Valley is THAT!?” Uh oh! Alex probably heard my squeal! The last thing she wanted to do was alarm him after their conversation earlier. She wrapped a towel around herself and opened the door. Alex was sleeping peacefully - lightly snoring - on top of the bedspread; too tired to wait for her to get out of the shower apparently. Whew, she sighed in relief. But oohhh what IS that thing!? Panic set in as she quickly threw on her pajamas.

She tiptoed out of Alex’s bedroom, but once the door was closed she hightailed it up the stairs.

“Harvey!” she called, before reaching the hallway at the top and knocking on his bedroom door. She felt so angsty that her legs shivered like she was doing the “pe'e pe'e” dance. Oh! she kept whining over and over again in her head. Since Harvey didn’t immediately answer, she cried louder, “HARVEEEEY,” while rattling on the door with her fists.

The Doctor stumbled to the door, swung it open, and raised his arm up against the door frame to support his weary self.
    “Yes?” he greeted in an irritated voice.

50775676518_6e7e5b8a8d_c.jpg

Haley froze at the sight of him. The way his hair was messed up, his glasses off, and his shirt unbuttoned, revealing his surprisingly attractive chest and chest hair. It tickled her hormones and for a moment she lost a breath. “Why are you dressed like that!?”
    Harvey tried to keep a straight face so it wouldn’t reveal what he was really feeling. Because it’s my bedroom and I can dress however I want. “I was comfortably winding down for the night and apparently...fell asleep in a book,” he answered, glancing away in embarrassment for a moment before meeting her gaze again. “What do you need?”
    “Uhh,” was all she uttered at first, finding herself staring again. Quickly she snapped out of it, the panic returning. “There’s this really weird spot on my skin and I was wondering if you could check it out because it’s kinda freaking me out,” she replied all in one breath.

50775676478_7b0f3099a4_c.jpg

Harvey closed his eyes for a split second, wondering if he was still dreaming. “Alright,” he agreed, “let’s see it.”
    “Oh...umm,” Haley dawdled, feeling some uneasiness. “Could we uh...go into the exam room because,” she stepped closer and held a hand beside her mouth continuing in a whisper, “it’s by my butt-cheek.”
    Harvey pursed his lips with a nod, understanding.

“Give me a minute alright?” he asked and then closed the door to fix himself up.

Haley’s jaw finally fell slack with the unsuspecting arousal as she waited, blinking rapidly at the door. She was utterly flabbergasted by the Doctor’s scruffy attractiveness, but even more so by the fact that she was turned on by it. By him! Old Harvey! She rapidly shook her head to remove the image from her mind. She was here to see him for a medical reason and she needed to act just as normal and professional about it as she knew he would be. Of course I can be professional I mean my G**, Harvey isn’t attractive! What’s the matter with you Haley!? Pfft!

Once Harvey let her inside, he kindly directed her to the bed in the exam nook and asked her to pull down her shorts while he put on some latex gloves. Normally she wouldn’t mind showing off any part of her beautiful body, but due to her ridiculous feelings back there it all felt awkward now. But I really gotta find out what this thing is! Eww!

50776436106_9185c1d3db_c.jpg

Harvey took a quick look, barely touching the area, and made an instant diagnosis. “What you have there is ringworm.” He removed the gloves and tossed them into the trash.
    “Ring-what-now!? I have a worm under my skin!?” she shrieked, pulling her pants back up and sitting up.
    “No,” Harvey suppressed a chuckle. “It’s a type of fungus that can easily be treated with some anti-fungal cream. Let me get some for you.”
    How in the hell did I get fungus on that part of my body!? She asked herself as she stood from the bed. She almost lost her balance, feeling faint from the thought.

Harvey returned with a plain, white tube and held it out to her. “Apply this to the spot three times a day for the next two weeks. It should be cleared up by then. If not, come back and see me. Preferably during the day,” he kindly added.
    “Thanks,” she said as she took it.
    “Yours is a mild case, but it is still contagious so,” he paused, speaking carefully now, “make sure no one else comes in contact with the area and that you change out your bedsheets often.”
    “Oh don’t worry, I will!” You BET I will! Gross!

“Alright then,” Harvey was about to dismiss, before he thought to ask, “are there any other concerns you wish to address with me while you’re here?”

In that moment, Haley’s mouth formed into a hard line as her eyes locked onto his. She knew what he was doing and it was bothersome, yet she could respect the cleverness of it. “I’m not pregnant if that’s what you’re getting at,” she frankly answered.
    Not entirely surprised by her abruptness, Harvey lowered his gaze and said nothing.
    “You see Doctor, my cycle has always been like clockwork,” she proudly revealed, “shows up the same exact time every month. So I know exactly when I’m ovulating and when I’m not.”

50775676398_e02f7252d7_c.jpg

“That’s good,” Harvey simply said. Oh if all women were so lucky.
    Trust me, when that most fertile time comes - which is right now - I won’t let Alex touch me with a ten foot pole!” She suppressed a snicker thinking of the sexual innuendo in her comment. But she was dead serious. “And I know a few other tricks on how to prevent it too.”

50776545642_baab732af5_c.jpg

“Well, I’m glad to hear you’re being responsible about it. I imagine you’ve informed Alex of your wishes?”
    “Yes,” she answered, trying not to roll her eyes. “And Harvey, while I think it was a bit uncalled for, and creepy, that you approached Alex about our sex life, I,” she paused, nervously brushing her hair behind her ear and changing her tone, “I realize...you did it out of concern for my safety and...that was very thoughtful of you. I appreciate it.”
    Harvey’s eyebrows rose in a pleasurable surprise. “You’re welcome.”
    Haley’s heart suddenly palpitated. “No one’s ever really shown that kind of consideration towards me before,” she found herself saying, staring off into the wall behind him. Not even from her sweet sister and rich parents, she always felt. “Except for Alex of course,” she quickly corrected.
    Harvey nodded. “Of course.”

50776545597_da5a3040d5_c.jpg

“Well,” she deeply sighed, hoping to slow her heart down, “thanks for the cream and sorry I woke you up like that it just…really freaked out when I saw that thing!”
    “It’s alright,” he lightly smiled. “You’re not the first person I’ve seen that’s been freaked out by ringworm.”
    She returned the smile. “You know...you’re a nice guy Harvey,” she surprised herself by saying. “I guess I can understand now why Penny is so taken by you.”
    The Doctor couldn’t help blushing.
    “She’s a lucky girl,” Haley concluded, turning for the door to take her leave. But not before turning back around and whispering, “Rawr” while bouncing her eyebrows at him, then exiting the room in a sashay.

50776435881_f7269f6530_c.jpg

Harvey dumbfoundedly froze at her flirtatious gesture, lifting one eyebrow while narrowing the opposite eye as he watched her leave.

50775676228_73b48dba8b_c.jpg

That was...strange. Definitely a first for him, but he easily brushed it off. He rubbed at his forehead and tired eyes. We really need to make the exam room separate from my own personal living space.

There was a hardware store in town so he’d enlist help from the other guys in putting up some walls to separate the two areas. Why he didn’t think to do that earlier, he wasn’t sure, but then again he didn’t think any of the girls would be rushing up to his room in the middle of the night asking him to take a look at something. He sighed and readied himself for bed. What unusualness might tomorrow bring?

:mrgreen:

@emorrill I was happy to see a new update! Finally get to see what your hint picture was about.
    Since I don't play Star Dew Valley I don't know the backstories of the characters but they all seem to be particularly sad in one way or another. Some more so than others, but that gives them all something in common that should help the group bind closer and more understanding towards one another.
    Yeah, Alex you are not mature or responsible. If so, Harvey would never have had the chat with you. Perhaps this is a wake up call and you can grow up now. Your Dad was not right or wrong. You need to be your own man not prove anything to anyone except yourself. That was nice of him to offer support if she had got preggers.
    Haley's love of herself is hilarious. I love the way you write her. Only Haley, would consider a rash an emergency to wake up the doctor.
    Of course, if he looks like that every time he is awakened, she can get a rash every night! :love:
    Haley's reaction to hot mussed up Harvey is so funny and I love that she is confused by it. She is so judgemental about everyone except herself.
    lol...so funny about the ringworm and her reaction.
    I have a feeling that it is Haley's attitude and her expectations rather than others not feeling consideration for her. She expects total adoration and if she doesn't get it, sulks and blames others rather than herself. Harvey is just treating her like he would any of the others.
    It always amazes me the girls that get preggers even though their cycles are so regular! Nothing is foolproof except abstinence.
    lol at her rawr and strut! Perfect for her character to leave with that response.
    Harvey's face in the last picture! Love it.
    Yes Harvey, you need a separate space for medical even if you have to use the dining room!

edited December 2020
    @bekkasan Yay! It's always a joy to wake up to your comments on my story. :kissing_heart:
    I hope I didn't disappoint folks too much on what actually happened when I showed off that preview picture...
    Yeah, I was showing a bit of the Stardew Valley "Lore" there with Alex's character. And yes, they all pretty much have sad backstories... But Elliott, Harvey, Emily, and Haley's aren't that bad. Neither is Abigail's really, but she feels pressured by her parents to be a certain way (according to societal norms) and...she wants to be more free spirited. ;) Plus we can see why since she carries magic. Shane's backstory, as we've seen, is the worst! :cry: Alex's is sad, Penny's is sad, Leah was in an abusive relationship with her Ex, Maru's is more an internal struggle she's got to workout for herself, but she's mostly happy. Seb's is pretty sad too, feeling neglected by those who should care about him the most (his family). Sam has daddy issues, since they are polar opposites. Really, I am just so amazed at the way the game creator came up with these characters (and wove in just enough details for the player to interpret the character all the more!) and I very much agree with you on this:
    I don't know the backstories of the characters but they all seem to be particularly sad in one way or another. Some more so than others, but that gives them all something in common that should help the group bind closer and more understanding towards one another.
    ^I think during this quest they will all begin to discover that. :blush: (And much more. ;) )
    Yeah, Alex you are not mature or responsible. If so, Harvey would never have had the chat with you. Perhaps this is a wake up call and you can grow up now. Your Dad was not right or wrong.
    ^Yep. Nailed it. :star: With his character, he always tries to be the best at everything! Especially sports (Gridball) to try and prove daddy wrong and someday soon...he'll realize he can't keep living his life that way. In my story, he's beginning to realize it quicker than normally. ;)
    I don't think Haley truly recognizes how great of a man Alex is, especially being willing to step up and care of their child out of wedlock, and that is truly heartbreaking. :cry:
    Haley's love of herself is hilarious. I love the way you write her. Only Haley, would consider a rash an emergency to wake up the doctor.
    ^Yes! :lol: (And thank you. <3 )
    Of course, if he looks like that every time he is awakened, she can get a rash every night! :love:
    ^Hell yeah! (Sorry, I couldn't help it! :mrgreen::love: )
    Yep, she's terribly judgmental. Maybe that's symbolic of all these insecurities she carries with her... 🤔 ;)
    I have a feeling that it is Haley's attitude and her expectations rather than others not feeling consideration for her. She expects total adoration and if she doesn't get it, sulks and blames others rather than herself. Harvey is just treating her like he would any of the others.
    ^I 100% agree! 🙌 (You nailed it again! :grin: )
    It always amazes me the girls that get preggers even though their cycles are so regular! Nothing is foolproof except abstinence.
    ^Harvey was totally thinking the same thing, that's why I chose that picture of him kinda giving her a scrutinizing look as she was explaining herself. :p
    What I think is really sad: Is you get these women that are DYING to have children and they don't have regular cycles or there's fertility issues and then you get these women that hate kids, but have perfect cycles and are 'fertile Myrtles.' I'll never understand that, and I know the pain firsthand. :cry: It's so unfortunate.
    Hee hee! I knew you would love Harvey's WTH? face there! :joy: I was so stinking excited when I captured it! It was so perfect! :mrgreen:
    Yes, he knows now why he REALLY needs a separate space for medical stuff. ;) Silly small town Doctor! :p
    Thanks for these awesome comments! :smiley: They were fun to write back to. <3
    edited December 2020
    Ok you drool over Harvey and I won't feel so out of place for drooling over Haley. :) I love the top and the boots she is wearing with Alex.

She probably got the fungus from from all the unusual places she has been having fun in. LOL :D
    Ok you drool over Harvey and I won't feel so out of place for drooling over Haley. :) I love the top and the boots she is wearing with Alex.

She probably got the fungus from from all the unusual places she has been having fun in. LOL :D

@KevinL5275 Hee hee! Somehow I knew you would love seeing Haley in that top. :smirk:

In bold: Yep!!! :lol: My thoughts exactly!
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill As awkward as it was from Harvey to talk to Alex about his love life, he might have did the right thing since Alex is thinking about the risks now. It definitely wasn't responsible of him to not think about them earlier, but better late than never... (Unless it's too late already ;) )
    Alex has to find a way to talk to Haley since it's something they should have discussed before the first time they had sex.
    Poor Alex - sounds like his childhood definitely wasn't the happiest. I hope the future has something better in store for him. I*m just not sure it's Haley... She is way too self-centered.
    Haley's top looks nice.
    I wonder why she is not worried at all. She should be!
    The kiss pose is beautiful <3 !
    Wait, why does Haley need to lie it's the time of the month... Can't these two just be honest to each other?
    Yikes, what's wrong with Haley? Lucky for her Alex was sleeping and didn't hear her squeal.
    Wait, she's waking up Harvey in the middle of the night :o ? Harvey looks pretty good shirtless and without his glasses on :love: . No wonder Haley's hormones got tickled, lol.
    Harvey is not that old though - silly Haley!
    Ringworm? Where on earth did Haley get that? I'm glad Harvey has the treatment around.
    I guess Haley can't keep having "that time of the month" for two weeks so she'll have to let Alex know about the ringworm :p .
    Indeed, oh if all women were that lucky... Haley is very lucky. She's still taking a big risk though :/ .
    Wow, nice to see Haley thanking Harvey :o .
    Haley, Haley, he belongs to Penny, that's enough of flirting!
    I agree with Harvey - the exam room should definitely not be in his own bedroom.
    edited January 2021
    @meerkattime Hey chica! :smiley: Thanks for popping in, reading, and giving such sweet comments. <3 (Sorry it's taken me this long to respond to them. :( ) I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year celebration! :star:
    Yup, Alex had a bit of a wake up call from that uncomfortable confrontation...
    Alex has to find a way to talk to Haley since it's something they should have discussed before the first time they had sex.
    ^Indeed. ;) I think all their pent up sexual desires for each other over the years had taken over once they hooked up and they were being very immature about it...
    Poor Alex - sounds like his childhood definitely wasn't the happiest.
    ^Yeah. According to Stardew Valley "Lore" he had an abusive father. I think it was more verbal abuse, but with him being a drunk there was probably physical as well. I keep wondering why there's so many "alcoholics" in the Stardew world? 🤔
    I hope the future has something better in store for him. I*m just not sure it's Haley... She is way too self-centered.
    ^You make a good point there. :smirk:
    I like that pretty, sparkly top of Haley's too. :blush: Anything that sparkles, I'm a sucker for. ;)
    Wait, why does Haley need to lie it's the time of the month... Can't these two just be honest to each other?
    ^Right? Honesty is SO important in any relationship...Who knows the reason for her not telling him the whole truth on why she wanted to abstain from sex.
    Wait, she's waking up Harvey in the middle of the night :o ?
    ^Yuuuup, she just runs right up there and inconsiderately rattles on his door. (Since the whole world seems to revolve around her. :unamused: ) I mean, the audacity right!? :open_mouth: I'll tell ya if I were Harvey I would've been pis'sed! :angry: He was, but he dealt with her very graciously, because that's how sweet Harvey is. <3
    Harvey looks pretty good shirtless and without his glasses on :love: .
    ^Hee hee. I was very excited to show that picture to all you ladies. :mrgreen::love:
    I was telling a gal on the main thread that Haley probably got ringworm in that odd area from all the odd places she and Alex have been doing it in. :lol: Kinda gross huh? :flushed:
    It sure wasn't easy for her to express appreciation to Harvey's thoughtfulness. And I wanted to show that there is some good in her as you can see it later in the game while getting to know her character. :)
    Anyhoo, I'm glad you enjoyed reading this portion of the chapter (it was SO fun to write! :mrgreen: ) and thanks for the sweet comments. :kissing_heart:
    I'm gonna write some more tonight! :smiley:
    ^Right? Honesty is SO important in any relationship...Who knows the reason for her not telling him the whole truth on why she wanted to abstain from sex.

Wait, I thought I read that Haley told Harvey her cycle was regular and she knew when she was fertile so not to woohoo during that time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top