Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!!! My maid and butler won't clean

For some reason my maid won't clean. I got a butler and she wouldn't clean like she usually does. I hired a maid and all she did was stand at the front door. She finally walked in my house and got excited that she would finally clean, but then she just ate some cereal then left with my money. My butler won't do anything but the things you tell her to do otherwise she'll just stand there. She won't even go to sleep! I tried firing them and re-hiring, but that didn't work, so i dismissed them then did force NPC and that didn't work either... Does anyone have any suggestions that will help?

Comments

• jortucjortuc Posts: 556 New Member
    edited January 2011
    [Bump]
  • FrothVaderFrothVader Posts: 15 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I've had the same problem with the maid. All she did was make the bed and take out the trash to the large recycle bin and then just stand by the recycle and do an evil laugh every few seconds. Occasionally, she would help herself to food. I had to direct my Sims to do the actual cleaning.

Throw into the mix the Mood Meter/Moodlet bug and as soon as your Sim starts cleaning, the mood gets too low and they stop cleaning and the clean option is no longer available, leaving the Sims completely miserable and unable to improve the situation. :cry:

I tried dismissing the Maid, causing the Maid to insult the Sim and lowering mood even further. :x

Unfortunately, the Mood problem caused me to start again from scratch, although I think the replacement Maid did at least some cleaning. To be honest though, at that point I was more concerned by the Mood Meter problem as it was making the game unplayable. I've read that the Mood Meter problem is caused by a broken Moodlet from sleeping on a cheap bed. I have to start again to test this theory as due to poor moods, my Sims were stuck in low payed jobs and couldn't afford to buy a more expensive bed(the one they had cost 2000 Simoleans and cash never seemed to get above 1000 after bills etc.) :?
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited January 2011
    You could try moving your Sim to a different house... if the house you are currently living in is a cc house, it may be glitchy.

I've had cc houses where maids would not even enter the lot.

Of course if it's not a cc house then this is probably not the issue... but you could try just in case.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
    edited January 2011
    I have cc on my sim, but not in the house. Would that still make it glitchy?
  • ahamm09ahamm09 Posts: 305
    edited January 2011
    My maid cleans a little then helps herself to some food and brushes her teeth.All my butler does is cook for breakfast,lunch,and dinner then he dissapears and i cant find him anywhere.On my sim's freindships it says he's still at my place,but yet he's not there
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited January 2011
    Fire them. Then hire new ones.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • taxicab09taxicab09 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited January 2011
    jortuc wrote:
    For some reason my maid won't clean. I got a butler and she wouldn't clean like she usually does. I hired a maid and all she did was stand at the front door. She finally walked in my house and got excited that she would finally clean, but then she just ate some cereal then left with my money. My butler won't do anything but the things you tell her to do otherwise she'll just stand there. She won't even go to sleep! I tried firing them and re-hiring, but that didn't work, so i dismissed them then did force NPC and that didn't work either... Does anyone have any suggestions that will help?

get them into a house. delete the fire alram. set an object on fire. leave and lock the door to everyone but myself. (requires pyromaniac trait).

Muahaha :twisted:
    edited January 2011
    ahamm09 wrote:
    My maid cleans a little then helps herself to some food and brushes her teeth.All my butler does is cook for breakfast,lunch,and dinner then he dissapears and i cant find him anywhere.On my sim's freindships it says he's still at my place,but yet he's not there

Yep thats what mine does the maid doesn't clean at all she just brushes her teeth and eats then leaves. The butler makes food, but instead of disappearing he stands there and eventually passes out and wakes up every time i walk by.
  • nallykrunknallykrunk Posts: 654
    edited January 2011
    That lazy sack of crap! You tell her to get her lazy butt off the couch, quit stuffing her face with nachos, and do what you're paying her to do!!
  • rockinright07rockinright07 Posts: 22
    edited January 2011
    I always get Harold. He is kinda lazy.
  • lovethecurrylovethecurry Posts: 50
    edited January 2011
    It happened to me once. The butler disappeared and I waited for her to reappear and I tried firing her or inviting her home. Nothing worked. You will have to move out of your lot and into a new one. Then you can get a new butler, or not. For my superstars none of the Maids will clean, they just get excited and stand there. So what I've been doing is making all the stuff that I can self-cleaning.
  • charleeheartcharleeheart Posts: 256 Member
    edited January 2011
    I had kind of an issue like this with the maid and the babysitter. I have Sim parents who had a toddler boy, toddler triplets, and newborn twins. I'm playing without cheats, so needless to say the parents' need situation was drastic. So I called a maid to clean up the house and a babysitter to take care of the kids so the parents could eat and take a nap. And the maid and the babysitter stood around chatting to each other while there were dirty dishes lying around, toilets that were too dirty for my neat-freak Mommie Sim to use, and toddlers sitting in dirty diapers and screaming their heads off for a bottle.

I sent the Daddy Sim to fire them both, but changed my mind and just had him tell them both to Stop Doing That. Surprisingly, that seemed to do the trick, and they both got back to work.
  • SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited January 2011
    My butler has been acting weird too, he doesn't use his bed so he ends up falling out. He fell asleep in the basement and I didn't even know. Then the only thing around the house he does is cook too much.
  • taxicab09taxicab09 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited January 2011
    attachment.php?attachmentid=88692&stc=1&d=1239682878
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited January 2011
    Go to riverview (if you have it)... One of the maids is super non-lazy :lol:
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • SarahRain22SarahRain22 Posts: 67
    edited June 2011
    Omg, I HATE my maids! If I was a tad more on the sadistic side I'd take the poster upthread's advice about setting them on fire and watching them die. I can't get a SINGLE one to clean my beyond filthy house. I've had to fire 4 of them now and each one is worse than the last.

I don't know if it's a bug, or what. But each and every maid I hire just stands at the door all day long doing nothing. They even come two at a time and still do nothing all day long. They won't even pick up the old newspapers on the front lawn. Then when my 5 roommates come home from work they take, no STEAL their money and go. They just stand around at the front door all night long and keep lifting that $125 every so often. I've spent close to 5 grand on these evil lazy ********. It's got to be a bug I have right?

The house is a base game library house, but with a few cc items for deco. Only one door into the house. I've checked and rechecked that it wasn't locked, or blocked. All 5 roommates can come and go freely. I just can't figure out what's the deal with these maids not doing anything and then taking $125 multiple times.
  • XMsBytch2UXMsBytch2U Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I have yet to find a solution to this problem. Are there no EA or Sims moderators (or whatever they are called) going to help with this issue? I have hired and fired 15 maids, and each one is worse than the last. I have also fired butlers and when I hire another its the same one I fired. They stand around and do nothing outside of the house. When they finally do come in, they eat my food, watch tv and then leave. The butlers just stand there and cook food, then pass out on the floor (even though I have assigned them a bed), and don't take showers. I have moved to different houses, and its still the same problem. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE INFO TO FIX IT!! Thank you :!:
  • midnight6789midnight6789 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2011
    That keeps happening to me she gooes into my bathroom brushes her teeth, eats ice-cream and wanders off with my monym (im very poor atm) :( :?:
  • AvizactyAvizacty Posts: 2 New Member
    Same thing happens to me, ever since my first butler quit, the new ones keep drinking coffee then leaving my house and dying, please is there any fix for this?
  • MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    Same lmao. I hired a maid, and he didn't even throw away my dogs' poops or mop the pees, he just threw away the trash inside the house and out of the house and he left with half of my Sim's daily wage. The butler was at least helpful but still lacking, if you asked me.
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

As this thread had been inactive since 2011, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

Thanks,
    Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top