Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No leaks, Sim Guru tweets or confirmations about the next DLC?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    The k-pop thing makes more sense as that is very big at the moment.

is it though?
    I think it was big like 10 years ago....

but then again it appears the game is really late on the trends anyway

which is fine but also they should just stop trying to be hip when they not and give some real content

10 years ago?? No way. PSY. EXO. Blackpink. 2NE1.All of the touring (KCON and the like) Especially with BTS in America and going to other international countries. I started listening 10 years ago and it is SO much bigger.

well to say 2012 is when psy happened and its 2021 next year soo... the gap to 10 years aint really that big if thats when you consider it getting big

also kpop was really big in 2009 already with various yg, sm and jyp artists so I don't see it being "trendy new wave" anymore its more like continuing wave

seen and heard
    gotten bored of

to me it just feels about as relevant as teenage emo phase which surely people listen to emo bands now but is it really the golden age nah it has passed

Ok but what about EXO or BTS? BTS especially is huge! Kpop is at its highest peak internationally right now. Before it was so niche now everyone and their grandma has heard of kpop or their siblings or kids listen to it. Its really not a phase it's popular Korean music? It will always be relevant in Korea and for kpop fans. Is American pop music just a phase too then? Besides there are plenty of genres within korean music kpop fans listen to as well - rap, rnb, alternative etc which some popular groups utilize from time to time. Maybe for you its no longer relevant but its definitely still huge in mainstream media.

the point I am trying to make is not about calling it phase
    (even if tbh it personally was very much a phase)
    and I would definitely consider any other music style having their own golden ages as well if thats where the issue is
    (say 2020 wouldn't really be remembered for metal bands or anything either you know but they always have their fans)
    I meant it more like it would have been new and hip 10 years ago
    but now it feels same old same old and has lost the
    '' oh whats that? thats cool I've never seen that before so creative and new'' shine

also i don't think exo and bts being popular makes genre more popular per say
    because these days its less about being fan of genre
    and more about being fan of specific groups and people
    which well in my opinion is not win for the genre itself
    anyway we should probably just agree to disagree on how hip kpop is now
    because this is greatly steering the discussion topic off rails
    and lmao it doesn't even matter that much tbh

Yeah it doesnt matter much i just wanted to share my view since i feel like ive seen its highs and lows since the past 10 years and I can say in my experience being a big fan of kpop, going to concerts and korea i feel like its much bigger but really im derailing sorry abt that 😅

aw its okay! I just hope people don't take offense in my old bones talking :sweat_smile:

(i have wartime traumas from 2012 kpop fandom fights getting very intense over random comments so :sweat_smile: )
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Juls234Juls234 Posts: 1 New Member
    I believe that we might get a nursery stuff pack in January, teens/high school game pack and a bands EP, with a world based on Korea. TS4 has been partnering up with some k-pop artists, it would make sense (and I love non-american/european worlds)
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Juls234 wrote: »
    I believe that we might get a nursery stuff pack in January, teens/high school game pack and a bands EP, with a world based on Korea. TS4 has been partnering up with some k-pop artists, it would make sense (and I love non-american/european worlds)

I hope this is right. I'm not really a fan of Kpop (I think I'm the only person on the planet who isn't a fan) but I do want bands and the ability to attend or perform live shows. It's always been pretty disappointing that we have lounges, but there are no live music performances.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I mean, on the subject of Bands, I'd prefer Rock Bands over Boybands (I also prefer them musically, unless you want to stretch it and call The Beatles or Duran Duran "boy bands") But I'll take either. Or even Marching Bands.

Ever since Spark'd, I've kinda been hoping for a way to create my own version of Dr. Gluon's Bubble Bois...

I would cry tears of joy for proper marching bands. Not going to even lie. I'd much rather have that than rock bands.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    edited December 2020
    I mean, on the subject of Bands, I'd prefer Rock Bands over Boybands (I also prefer them musically, unless you want to stretch it and call The Beatles or Duran Duran "boy bands") But I'll take either. Or even Marching Bands.

Ever since Spark'd, I've kinda been hoping for a way to create my own version of Dr. Gluon's Bubble Bois...

Rock Bands and Boybands can be part of the Music Pack.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    This can be the start of something new guys I for one would love a high school pack and stick with the status quo because kids and teens don't have really nothing to do but go to school and then do "home work" if you call it homework. I also think this pack would be a good idea to introduce preteens in the game. We should also have some more sports so they can get the head in the game.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    This can be the start of something new guys I for one would love a high school pack and stick with the status quo because kids and teens don't have really nothing to do but go to school and then do "home work" if you call it homework. I also think this pack would be a good idea to introduce preteens in the game. We should also have some more sports so they can get the head in the game.
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    jomilej wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    jomilej wrote: »
    If we must get another school pack,I hope the schools remain rabbit holes. Following my Sims to school sounds dreadfully dull.

No, I want active school gameplay!

Yes, active school gameplay could potentially lead to the same gameplay as get to work (like each class have things to do unlike universities where sims only sit and listen which is boring so I'm glad university is not active class but I really want active classes for high school)

I don't think it's boring at all. I really enjoy GTW.

That's why I say "unlike university" Get to work is a really fun pack, that's why I said if they do active high school it should be like get to work and not "University"

Agreed. :)

How fun would it be to build your own schools in the worlds you want, and then when your kids ages to teen they pick their high school? Then they could play in the builds we built! That would be my dream for school. I tend to dream big though. lol
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited December 2020

Why not all three? I don't see why there should be a limit to what kind of band is implemented. Especially if they do an ep on it.

Edit: Spelling
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    SimGuruGeorge posted a picture on twitter of Vlad's house. It seemed like a clue. I asked if it was (kathplayssims) and his respt makes me think there's a huge hint there!!

Can someone help analyze the photo? Other than werewolves, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Possible upcoming new build features for the January Update?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Juls234 wrote: »

A bands EP set in Korea would be dreamy! :heart:

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    Maybe SimGuruGeorge's tweet is a hint at a baby update because there is baby Yoda in it. But I'm probably just dreaming :wink:
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2020
    Maybe SimGuruGeorge's tweet is a hint at a baby update because there is baby Yoda in it. But I'm probably just dreaming :wink:

oooo i did not consider that possibility

don't really see anything in the pic

only thing i could think of is that it just broadly means something occult

not entirely sure if gargoyles at vlads were always werewolves though *rub chin* but thats probably overthinking it

edit: yeah actually they were always werewolves checked it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    The tweets from SimGuruGeorge were Christmas giveaways. There are codes hidden in the pictures to redeem sims packs on Origin. For example, on the picture with Vlad and Father Winter, the code is on the reflection of the present in the mirror. People have already found the codes and claimed the packs.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member

OMG NO. I hope they don't fuse that teen pack idea with a band pack idea... like... They'll probably half-bake both... I want bands, k-groups, popstars, rockstars, rappers, new music genres, playable shows, new instruments, etc... If they add bands to a teen pack we'll probably get really basic music stuff. OMG NOOOOOOO
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »

OMG NO. I hope they don't fuse that teen pack idea with a band pack idea... like... They'll probably half-bake both... I want bands, k-groups, popstars, rockstars, rappers, new music genres, playable shows, new instruments, etc... If they add bands to a teen pack we'll probably get really basic music stuff. OMG NOOOOOOO
    I wouldn't worry to much at this time because this is all just speculation. This new mystery SP might not even have teen and band related stuff in it at all.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited December 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »

I wouldn't worry to much at this time because this is all just speculation. This new mystery SP might not even have teen and band related stuff in it at all.

I hope it's babies. But I think it will be cars and I don't really need them... Okay, they're nice to have, and an SP on cars comes with different bikes and trycicles for toddlers probably. But it's not the gameplay expansion I need right now...
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want bands, but most of all I want more instruments. Pianos, violins, guitars and DJ-Boxes. Also, Piano Organs. Considering how long Sims 4's been going, how can we have so few instruments?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I want bands, but most of all I want more instruments. Pianos, violins, guitars and DJ-Boxes. Also, Piano Organs. Considering how long Sims 4's been going, how can we have so few instruments?

Considering where we are with supernatural states, where babies are, and how long it took to get toddlers, it's not surprising we're at the very basic of musical instruments.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping for cars in January or February.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

I hope it's babies. But I think it will be cars and I don't really need them... Okay, they're nice to have, and an SP on cars comes with different bikes and trycicles for toddlers probably. But it's not the gameplay expansion I need right now...
    It could be baby related. Or it could be something that none of us have ever thought of. Only time will tell!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Agreed! I'm especially hoping for drums, cellos, and saxophones soon.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »

Agreed! I'm especially hoping for drums, cellos, and saxophones soon.
    I would love to see a sim play the sax. We already have the hat for it and now we just need the sax. And then our sims can be that lonely sax player playing their sax low and slow while leaning up against the street lamp in the afterhours hours. Home sweet Home! There's nothing like the streets of a big city after midnight with someone playing their sax low and slow.