Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening

Is this still not working??

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Mine is working just fine and dandy!
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    What do you mean exactly? WHAT is not working? lol. With that completely vague title, nobody knows what are you talking about....
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Gardening is still working. I use gardening in almost all my gameplay and can't remember a time when it didn't work.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    This is from the November 10th patch notes:
    • Now all onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, apples, tomatoes, and growfruits can be planted indoors during freezing weather.
    • Plants no longer change their quality or evolve on their own after Sims traveling.
    • Some Outdoor Plants that were stuck in summer/fall now turn brown and lose their flowers when winter starts.

So in short, it is fixed. I personally haven't really tried though. And they also fixed the invisible sage/basil issue.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Some/most of the issues have been fixed, but not all of them, at least in my game. Sometimes my plants still randomly revert to dirt clumps from a fully grown/mature plant. If I don't cheat to get them back to the stage they were, they never grow again or it takes a long, long time to happen. It could just be my game/rig I suppose. But I play completely vanilla with a gaming desktop on ultra so it's not a Mod or CC issue. Plants reverting to dirt clumps has been happening for my Sims with gardens since the EL pre-patch. It's not an EL Eco settings issue either since it happens to saves with and without those settings implemented.

It's extremely frustrating. *sigh* Your experience may be different, it seems it's been completely fixed for a lot of Simmers. I just wanted to let you know that unfortunately there is still problems with gardening for some of us. Good luck if you do decide to try gardening again and...

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    My plants play dead (you can do a me too) when the environment changes. Sad thing is that I have all the eco lifestyle stuff turned off in options. When this happens I have to repair the game and then everything goes back to just planted. The plants do come back slowly. It just takes time.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    My sims fully grown cow plant reverted to a dirt clump - oddly - can still pet it and play with it, but how does one feed a dirt clump?! How will it eat people as a dirt clump? Many other plants still reverting to dirt clumps too.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I find that RestObject works on those cowplants to get them back to adult form.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @Handel Thanks - I tried that already though and it did not work. Also tried the growth state cheats but nothing worked - it did finally get to looking like the little baby cow plant, but the interactions for the full grown one are there - sort of funny to see them pet and play with it because the interactions are as if the cow plant is full grown. Can't get the poor thing to eat though!
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    My plants still revert to "planted" and for the first time ever, my cowplant reverted back to "dirt pile with horns" last night. Could feed it, though, but only saw the horned dirt pile, and a string of drool. The "feed" option was still there after.

Reset object and growth state cheats didn't work for any of the issues.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Half my plants started giving off green gas like they were decomposing when it started raining. They turned to dirt piles after leaving and coming back to the lot.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @AprilDawn I have the same problem with my cowplant. My sims harvested milk from it after it ate Vlad, and ever since it has been a baby cowplant. But everyone in the households still does the feed and play with interactions as though it were full grown.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    This is from the November 10th patch notes:
    • Now all onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, apples, tomatoes, and growfruits can be planted indoors during freezing weather.

With indoor you mean inside a virtual enclosed room? like with fences? because if thats the case, i always was able to do that since i started playing two years ago.