Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't stop stealing!

Ever since I installed Eco living Sims steal everything from lots. I cannot stand it.
I thought EA said they fixed this?!
Sims are cleaning out my community lots and taking sinks, tables, bars, pictures, everything! It's just awful. I try not to play with money cheats, but when my sim has a party and her friends steal everything in her home it's impossible to keep up. Im so sick of re furnishing my lots because of this buggy add on. I haven't even played for months because it's gotten so bad.
Is anyone else having this problem?? Is there a fix for it?
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Say hello to the "Sharing is caring" NAP. Definitely VERY annoying thing. You can remove it with cheats or have it repealed with voting. Until then, I'd recommend setting up a fence and adding a trait to your house so that no one will ever visit. This is definitely one. if not THE most reviled NAP in Eco-Living.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Wow, still no fix. Awful
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    That's par for the course for my Sims....I encourage it
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes, I've wondered about that as well.

This is what they wrote in the patch notes for Update 8/18/2020
    PC: 1.65.77.1020 / Mac: 1.65.77.1220
    Console: Version 1.30

Quote:

"Eco Lifestyle

Fixed an issue where NPC Sims would continuously steal objects from Lots without having the Kleptomaniac Trait. They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

From here:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-notes-aug-18-2020

But when I tested it, in a new folder and save, voting Sharing is Caring in Britechester main town; the NPC's stole all furniture in a matter of seconds from the Bar there, also the required items, so that all sims T-posed, got stuck, my game crashed, and I got an LE about it.

I don't understand what gameplay issue the patch notes refer to if it isn't about the Sharing Is Caring NAP.

I also don't approve of the patch notes being mainly silly without serving the function of communication.
  • Options
    BellycrowBellycrow Posts: 72 Member
    My sims never travel anywhere anymore because I'm sick of sims stealing and rendering lots unavailable. I've tried turning off the Sharing is Caring in all the regions, but i don't have residential lots in every district or people living there and i like it that way. I don't wanna upend the way I've set up my game because Eco Living is broken. I want to actually utilize the rest of the expansion but can't. It's ridiculous that they haven't removed the NAP altogether.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Honestly I just turn off NPC voting.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    There are mods to fix it, and even mods that do NOT fix it by rendering the sharing is caring NAP basically without function, so I really don't get why we cannot get a (proper) official fix.

I'm tired of maintaining hundreds of mods that fix things that could just easily be fixed with decent patches.

Most of the time, when I read the patch notes the issues mentioned there are issues I never ever experienced in my game while the core problems do remain.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    > @SarahsShady said:
    > Ever since I installed Eco living Sims steal everything from lots. I cannot stand it.
    > I thought EA said they fixed this?!
    > Sims are cleaning out my community lots and taking sinks, tables, bars, pictures, everything! It's just awful. I try not to play with money cheats, but when my sim has a party and her friends steal everything in her home it's impossible to keep up. Im so sick of re furnishing my lots because of this buggy add on. I haven't even played for months because it's gotten so bad.
    > Is anyone else having this problem?? Is there a fix for it?

Do you have the Sharing is Caring NAP on? You can check by looking at the mailbox, where you can also instantly repeal the NAP if you Shift-Click. To prevent from getting it you can turn off NPC voting in Game Options.

Hope that helps!
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA