Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Kanindota wrote: »
    Thank you @Shadami @MonaSolstraale and @NyteRose for responding...I'm a bit torn now. It feels like there's more on WordPress based on the quick guide and I've just set up my Simblr...maybe I'll give it a wait and see how I go with playing Soms and writing SimLit.

Do you have anything you're working on? Looking for some muse...I looked at one of the pages where people updated and clicked on one that was posted PG13 but when ended up in the website with a chapter too explicit for my tastes.

Is this there a way to encourage writers to put trigger and/content warnings? Again maybe it was my fault for going on the link after it said that it contained adult content...I guess I'm a bit naive when it comes to these things...

1)I'm use blogger
    2)I put a warning on my chapter page and any chapter which might have problems.. I put a trigger warning there as well which reminds me!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Thank you @Shadami @MonaSolstraale and @NyteRose for responding...I'm a bit torn now. It feels like there's more on WordPress based on the quick guide and I've just set up my Simblr...maybe I'll give it a wait and see how I go with playing Soms and writing SimLit.

Do you have anything you're working on? Looking for some muse...I looked at one of the pages where people updated and clicked on one that was posted PG13 but when ended up in the website with a chapter too explicit for my tastes.

Is this there a way to encourage writers to put trigger and/content warnings? Again maybe it was my fault for going on the link after it said that it contained adult content...I guess I'm a bit naive when it comes to these things...

Links to adult content is not allowed. Triggers can be tricky. If the site in general has explicit material it also is not supposed to be linked, but some still do it. They’ll post to a safe chapter, but then previously written chapters are explicit. Technically that goes against their rules. If your site is rated mature, best to advertise it on discord, Twitter, or other media’s instead.

Good luck with your SimLit. Looking forward to it, possibly. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    new chapter
    0LN6UnE.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    @Shadami Mostly my fault, I will be more vigilant. The PG13 threw me off.

Thanks @MadameLee I'll be sure to do that as well when I sort out my layout. Also I like the concept of your SimStory so far.

@LegacySims2017 I didn't recall those...probably should remember them more. I love how you've set up your blog!

I'm learning a lot already from you've shared so far. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I've eaten and drank too much, I've assembled the kids' Christmas presents (and had to lose to them in their games) and...finally...wrestled Sims 4 off of them. It's a new chapter in Sim 66 featuring John Action partying hard and dealing with the crazies on the street.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/

b1v369h.png
  • Options
    I'm haven't been myself today-and I'm feel like a were-wolf either going into or coming out of being one I know the next full moon isn't until tomorrow night.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@LegacySims2017 I didn't recall those...probably should remember them more. I love how you've set up your blog!

I'm learning a lot already from you've shared so far. Thanks again!

Thank you. Glad you like it. I self-host with WordPress. I do need to update it. Add some links. Remove some. You gave me that push. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    new chapter!
    yqxoN7u.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I'm extremely mad at my game right now.

It made one of my all-time favourite Sims just up and die from emotional overload.

Game, I hate you.
  • Options
    Can someone check my last chapter to see if it has the sort of shock vaule I kind of wanted?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

It made one of my all-time favourite Sims just up and die from emotional overload.

Game, I hate you.

Restart from a previous save where they are alive?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Game, I hate you.

How did you get it to happen? Not to take away from your pain but I was doing the Black Widow challenge with some buds back in October and we all had a giant complaining session about how they made emotional deaths nearly impossible.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Game, I hate you.

How did you get it to happen? Not to take away from your pain but I was doing the Black Widow challenge with some buds back in October and we all had a giant complaining session about how they made emotional deaths nearly impossible.

I had one last year die from being overly playful.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Game, I hate you.

That's the one I spent ages trying to do! I had to drown him in the end to get a unique death (hoping not to say that sentence all the time...)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

Game, I hate you.

That's the one I spent ages trying to do! I had to drown him in the end to get a unique death (hoping not to say that sentence all the time...)

I was upset because I tried everything to calm the sim down but it was too late. They were too far gone...lol.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

I didn't do anything. She was very playful (I think?) and then got hysterical and died. I didn't control her anything. They were working out and dancing in the house and I was watching the daughter make snow angels...

It was my first ever death that was not by old age. 🐸🐸🐸🐸, game.
  • Options

I didn't do anything. She was very playful (I think?) and then got hysterical and died. I didn't control her anything. They were working out and dancing in the house and I was watching the daughter make snow angels...

It was my first ever death that was not by old age. ❤️❤️❤️❤️, game.

Crazy stuff! I couldn't even do a playful death on purpose. Playful objects, gummy bear pancakes, watching comedy, making silly faces and telling jokes, etc. (all at the same time of course)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited December 2020

It was my first ever death that was not by old age. ❤️❤️❤️❤️, game.

Crazy stuff! I couldn't even do a playful death on purpose. Playful objects, gummy bear pancakes, watching comedy, making silly faces and telling jokes, etc. (all at the same time of course)

Mine just happened randomly like Diera’s. Maybe you can only let it happen rather than force it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

I have never killed a Sim on purpose.
    Not once.
    Am I weird? *scratches head*
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

Not once.

Nahhh some of us are just like that, I'm pretty horrible to my sims sometimes
  • Options

Not once.

I hadn't until two months ago. Of course the only reward for sims challenges is internet points but those are in high demand. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited December 2020

Game, I hate you.

i had noel die that way in the last attempt he was prticing comedy. lauren was able to plead for his life but i think she suffered a shock.......her nameis jason now. that was this time.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member

Not once.

I hadn't until two months ago. Of course the only reward for sims challenges is internet points but those are in high demand. :p

I can't recall killing a sim on purpose. The game is far more creative at the killing off than I am. Over the years and versions there are some deaths that hit me harder than others. The closest thing I go to killing them is being careless about if they go or not, I guess.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Not once.

i killed elsa. she died in a fire ina differnt attempt then the save broke got it back but had already written her death so i had to kill her. boy was sissy mad it ws hard enough when she died the first time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top