Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back adjusting ages of lifestages?

Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
In the Sims 3 they brought a feature where you were able to adjust the ages of the lifestages to your preference. It was great especially for legacy players imo.
Picture is from carl's sims 3 guide

b55iqNm.gif

Yes, I understand there are mods are out there, but console players need this too. We shouldn't always rely on mods on things that should already be in-game especially since it was in a previous title.
Post edited by Amj1995 on

Bring back adjusting ages of lifestages? 84 votes

Yes
97%
CK213GoldmoldarOolonglongAprilDawnlisamwittZhakiraPCamkatBreeNillaPlayerSinger2010Isb917keekee53asimbsimWillowG145irishdragon7haneulCynnaAnmirlaalexandreaSeera1024fruitsbasket101 82 votes
No
2%
BabykittyjadeKerrigan 2 votes

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Yes
    I feel for console players. Those on PCs, can easily adjust this with mods (MCCC).
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I kinda feel indifferent about this sort of thing. I like players having the option to set the rules in their game exactly as they’d like (sometimes I get in moods to play with aging off even). At the same time, it also feels cheaty. I’m a fan of games like Stardew Valley, where you’re encouraged to play by the developer’s rules, and would really need to go out of your way to cheat.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    I already do this with mods. I want something between normal and long.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Yes
    Of course! Why not? It would be good for people who don't like the baby/toddler/child life stages as much and just want to make it shorter. Good for people might want a longer YA life stage for University or longer Elder stage so they can see grandchildren grow. Good for people who play with longer seasons and want to maybe experience a full year or half year with certain life stages.
    And if you don't like the idea...you don't have to use it lol.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Yes
    haneul wrote: »
    I feel for console players. Those on PCs, can easily adjust this with mods (MCCC).

It shouldn't be like that. Mods should be made to enhance the experience and show the community creativity, not for fixing flaws. The Sims 4 is a master on "needed" gameplay mods. How many simmers would still play the game without MCCC?
  • MelissaBearMelissaBear Posts: 29 Member
    Yes
    I still play on console. These would be "nice to haves" but I don't feel like I'm that limited.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Yes
    I play on console so this would be a nice addition for those (like us console players) who cannot use mods or don't wish to use them.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    PLEASE. B)
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Yes
    I feel that this should be an option without mods which slowly lag the game. Also for all the console players it should be available.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes
    I miss this. Long is too long and normal is too short. I end up playing on long but I age them up on my setting that I keep on paper.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Yes
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I miss this. Long is too long and normal is too short. I end up playing on long but I age them up on my setting that I keep on paper.

I agree. The long is too long. I end up playing on normal, but stop the aging for a bit.
  • amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    Yes
    Yes, yes, yes! I don't understand why Sims 4 is only really customizable with external tools and mods like MCCC.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    I play with aging off but why not Sims should always give the player total control.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    For years I have played with the normal lifespans, but since Discover University and Batuu I often turn aging off for a while.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    Yes
    Have to say I'd love this feature back, its simple and lets you tune the life stages you like/dislike and also for longer sessions.
    If I have my save setup with tons of sims I love I want to enjoy some time with each of them hanging out with each other and the chance to have encounters. I also sometimes play alongside my brother on rotations so being able to adjust them manually allows us to both enjoy the same save at our own pace.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    I want all of these custom options back. Absolutely all of them.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    I would love this, but I also miss the five options we had in TS3. I used long a lot, but TS4’s long is actually TS3’s epic, which is something I never used.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Yes, please! None of the three lifespans are exactly what i need...
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    Yes
    This is one of the easiest things to mod. you literally change a number for each life stage, but for those on console, you should have a way to do this
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Yes
    I voted Yes, but I always play with aging off.
  • Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    Yes
    Someone really said no as if they couldnt just ignore it lol
  • Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    Yes
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I kinda feel indifferent about this sort of thing. I like players having the option to set the rules in their game exactly as they’d like (sometimes I get in moods to play with aging off even). At the same time, it also feels cheaty. I’m a fan of games like Stardew Valley, where you’re encouraged to play by the developer’s rules, and would really need to go out of your way to cheat.

I suppose but we have easy access to cheats such as motherlode, etc. If someone wanted to cheat they can already do so pretty easily.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Yes
    At the very least give us an option that is between normal and long. Double the length of normal and half the length of long.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely yes to this! The life stages are quite disproportionate, especially since Discover University. By the time a sim’s offspring reaches Teenage stage, they themselves might be well into their Elder stage; very odd, in my opinion.
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Yes
    I don't think we should need mods for quality of life improvements in-game.